Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 4 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Come on, you know you really want an AR stock on it. They say that’s what Americans want on everything...AR stocks and hand guards all the way to the flash hider.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:45:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TURRICAN:
Come on, you know you really want an AR stock on it. They say that’s what Americans want on everything...AR stocks and hand guards all the way to the flash hider.
View Quote
Retarded Americans perhaps.

They will probably stick an A2 flash suppressor on it too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

Retarded Americans perhaps.

They will probably stick an A2 flash suppressor on it too.
View Quote
Lol

Praying they import it military style configuration.
I like Waffles
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I like waffles too. I was able to grab one of the 300 that came in a couple months back so I just need a stock. Come on CZ this AR buffer tube is embarrassing
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
After seeing the MS I’m happy I was able to trade for one of the pre releases in 8 inch
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BoogieMan2:
After seeing the MS I’m happy I was able to trade for one of the pre releases in 8 inch
View Quote
Your a member of the 300 club. I’ve read only 300 military version rifles were imported.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The MS may be coming soon. Distributors are showing product codes, but out of stock of course:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?model=805+Bren+2+MS
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]
RSR has listings for six versions.  5.56 with 8, 11 and 14 inch barrels and 7.62 with 9, 11 and 14 inch barrels.

https://www.rsrgroup.com/search?Category=all&Keywords=CZ+BREN+2+ms&action=Search
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lcambre:
RSR has listings for six versions.  5.56 with 8, 11 and 14 inch barrels and 7.62 with 9, 11 and 14 inch barrels.

https://www.rsrgroup.com/search?Category=all&Keywords=CZ+BREN+2+ms&action=Search
View Quote
Ugh who designed that rail? CZ USA fail. I had found a Bren S2 but passed as $2k is tough.
when I know these will be $1.5K when they settle down. Now I regret as that abomination is fugly
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CaribouLou45:

Ugh who designed that rail? CZ USA fail. I had found a Bren S2 but passed as $2k is tough.
when I know these will be $1.5K when they settle down. Now I regret as that abomination is fugly
View Quote
I don't understand the aesthetic complaints in this thread

If you like this:

I don't know how you can dislike this:

They both look absolutely great.

Especially when longer foreends are likely coming:

JMHO
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Noctis:

If you like this:
https://le.cz-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/BREN-2-1-750x354.png

https://www.czub.cz/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/870x410/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/_/8_1_1.png

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/content_lg/public/archive/contents/rifles/news/cz-bren-2-br-762x51mm-battle-rifle/CZ-BREN2-BR-3.jpg?itok=PUI9uW2C

JMHO
View Quote
Wonder why the lightening cuts aren't on the upper anymore.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:19:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaribouLou45] [#12]
Originally Posted By Noctis:

If you like this:
https://le.cz-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/BREN-2-1-750x354.png

https://www.czub.cz/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/870x410/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/8/_/8_1_1.png

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/content_lg/public/archive/contents/rifles/news/cz-bren-2-br-762x51mm-battle-rifle/CZ-BREN2-BR-3.jpg?itok=PUI9uW2C

JMHO
View Quote
The anodizing is so off. Rail is charcoal? Lightning cut missing from receiver? Rail just looks like shit. Pass the asthetics, a 8" or 11" gun isn't going to have any extended rail, at least on the 8". So I'm going to end up with quad rails anyhow, rather have solid rails. The pic with the full picatinny but mlok sides is

Hopefully CZ brings more of the original config in as I sure don't want this shite

ETA looks like someone at CZ stepped in with some design sense. I believe these are the guns we are getting in which case awesome. Notice how the rail has two mounting slots per side as opposed to 1 with that goofy interface. Matching black color, has lightning cut

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#13]

The anodizing is so off. Rail is charcoal? Lightning cut missing from receiver? Rail just looks like shit. Pass the asthetics, a 8" or 11" gun isn't going to have any extended rail, at least on the 8". So I'm going to end up with quad rails anyhow, rather have solid rails. The pic with the full picatinny but mlok sides is

Hopefully CZ brings more of the original config in as I sure don't want this shite

ETA looks like someone at CZ stepped in with some design sense. I believe these are the guns we are getting in which case awesome. Notice how the rail has two mounting slots per side as opposed to 1 with that goofy interface. Matching black color, has lightning cut

https://cdn.preppergunshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/o/logo_91370-sba3_4404.jpg
View Quote
That looks like one of the ones that arrived a few months ago not like the new MS version that’s supposedly coming.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 59chevy:

That looks like one of the ones that arrived a few months ago not like the new MS version that’s supposedly coming.
View Quote
? Has a m-lok rail. All the ones I've seen from a few months ago have picatinny including post samples
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#15]

? Has a m-lok rail. All the ones I've seen from a few months ago have picatinny including post samples
View Quote
No...they have the m-lok. I purchased one of the 5.56 14" versions and it looks the same as the pic you posted, but with longer barrel.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Wrong.
The one in your pic is the military version of which only 300 came into the country prior to CZ USA stepping in and stopping the shipment because they think all the kids in America want the cool AR features like super long useless rails.
Your definitely getting the fucked up afterthought looking rail version otherwise known as “The American Version” or the “MS”. The military version in your pic with 2 M lock slots is S2. Every time I hear American version I know it means skipped machining steps to cut cost like getting rid of lightening cuts, and AR features like extended rails. Glad I spent a little extra and got one of the first 300 military versions before they were all gone. Maybe CZ will figure out people want as close to military style as possible someday.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By thearmschest:

No...they have the m-lok. I purchased one of the 5.56 14" versions and it looks the same as the pic you posted, but with longer barrel.
View Quote
Ah I see. I just got to check out a post sample and got it mixed up. Post samples came in with picatinny, S2s came in with m-lok

Appears everyone else is gonna get screwed over with abomination "American" version
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Ah I see. I just got to check out a post sample and got it mixed up. Post samples came in with picatinny, S2s came in with m-lok

Appears everyone else is gonna get screwed over with abomination "American" version
View Quote
I feel bad for the people late to the game, but Im also kind of happy seeing as how mine will be one of only 300 ever imported into the US. I can see these going up in value in the future.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I feel bad for the people late to the game, but Im also kind of happy seeing as how mine will be one of only 300 ever imported into the US. I can see these going up in value in the future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have heard that before about "limited" imported CZ guns before. Only to see CZ see there is a market and demand and import more.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

I have heard that before about "limited" imported CZ guns before. Only to see CZ see there is a market and demand and import more.
View Quote
And that would be great. I would love to pickup a rifle in the original configuration at some point. Its a win either way.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#21]
It never fails when a company makes a great gun and then says they are shipping an “American Version” or for the “US market”,

You get this......
Attachment Attached File

When what you really wanted is this.....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#22]
If you haven't already call or email CZ-USA and tell the, what you think about the Bren 2 MS. Tell them you want the standard military configuration Bren 2 and not the USA only version. Let them know.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope they sell lots of those and mine becomes more valuable. I’ve been down this road before as soon as I saw MACs video where he said the 300 that came in were sent like the military version and CZ USA wanted something other than that for the US market, I instantly knew what that meant. I paused the video and called Preppers to get one before they were all gone.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Can I has a CZ Bren 2 in 308 Winchester like the one in the video, and can it cost $1499 USD or less please?

That's all I really want. A sub $1,500 modern battle rifle. Is it really that much to ask?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:39:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalMike] [#25]
Im confused... Why would they change it like that? What point is there to being able to change the handguard out?
And removing a lightening cut?  Why?  That just comes across as flat out lazy.  I'm not crazy about buying a gun I know they were being lazy about.

This really kicked my enthusiasm for the Bren2 right in the dick.

I'm still into the idea of having one, I guess.  A good gun is a good gun, but Im definitely less enthusiastic about it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#26]
Originally Posted By rfoxtrot:
Can I has a CZ Bren 2 in 308 Winchester like the one in the video, and can it cost $1499 USD or less please?

That's all I really want. A sub $1,500 modern battle rifle. Is it really that much to ask?
View Quote
Lol at $1499. The pistol version of these were $1900.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Yeah 308 at that price is unreasonable. Sub $2,000 would be awesome. 556 probably will settle to that after a year though. I've seen the Bren 805 approach 1200
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
You'll get no complaints from me about the looks of the MS. I actually really like it. The option (hopefully) of an extended forearm is a big plus.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rfoxtrot:

I know...... guy can dream though right?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By cookyray:
You'll get no complaints from me about the looks of the MS. I actually really like it. The option (hopefully) of an extended forearm is a big plus.
View Quote
This.  Sure, some cloners may whine, but honestly, I think it's a more modern/modular setup, the MS that is.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm just glad CZ USA is importing them in one shape or form
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe I'm not getting something, but my whole thing is whether a longer handguard is going to be able to go over the gas block or not.
Could there be different length gas systems or something?  If there are then the handguard change makes more sense.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:32:39 AM EDT
[#33]
The lightening cuts aren’t a deal breaker but that “modular” hand guard is horrible. The MS will always be the bastard son of the 2S. Besides that, euro music . . .

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Want.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#35]
It never fails when a company makes a great gun and then says they are shipping an “American Version” or for the “US market”,

You get this......
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49009/C986CED2-0DAA-40F3-9378-F71782DD56E2_jpeg-770651.JPG

When what you really wanted is this.....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49009/16C23155-D6D6-437D-BB79-0166986D690B_jpeg-770652.JPG
View Quote
I don't think it will be that bad, but yeah. Companies should make the military versions in semi auto rather than cut corners and make an "American" version.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Howdy, Just recently picked up a Cz Bren 2 11" Pistol. Unfortunately I am unable to shoot it because it came to me missing the firing pin spring. Cz is great and shipping 1 to me. Does anyone here have both a Bren 2 and a Scar 16 that can give me their honest opinion on how the 2 stack up against each other. Im planning on selling my scar this weekend unless I hear of any issues I should be concerned with on the Bren 2. Dont know if Ill be able to go shoot the Bren 2 before Christmas and need some cash. Scar is a great weapon but the lack of pistol version and non reciprocating charging handle is frustrating to me. I called fn and they have no plan to release them to civilian market anytime soon or possibly will never release. The cz Bren 2 feels more balanced and very light compared to my scar. The Bren 2 has play in the stock adapter and between upper and lower. Ive spent alot of money on trigger, stock and charging handle to upgrade the scar and it is really a great rifle but if the Bren 2 is what I believe it is I will sell the scar, buy lots of ammo and never look back. Thanks a ton for any info you can share. Have a good one
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I somehow smashed my firing pin spring and at the time CZ didn’t have any to send me. It’s just a safety thing to prevent slam fires. I fired 500 rounds last weekend without the spring and it ran 100%. If they have them now I will call and see if I can get one. It’s not needed though for the rifle to function. I had a SCAR 16 for a while and I like the Bren2 better. It pissed me off that I had to spend $300 just to get a decent feeling trigger on a rifle that expensive that’s a joke. The Bren2 out of the box has a great trigger IMO. I can’t find anything wrong with the Bren 2. It would be nice if there was a QD mount in the front but that is the only thing I could ask for.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I cant wait till they have caliber/barrel conversions and rear stocks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#39]
I somehow smashed my firing pin spring and at the time CZ didn’t have any to send me. It’s just a safety thing to prevent slam fires. I fired 500 rounds last weekend without the spring and it ran 100%. If they have them now I will call and see if I can get one. It’s not needed though for the rifle to function. I had a SCAR 16 for a while and I like the Bren2 better. It pissed me off that I had to spend $300 just to get a decent feeling trigger on a rifle that expensive that’s a joke. The Bren2 out of the box has a great trigger IMO. I can’t find anything wrong with the Bren 2. It would be nice if there was a QD mount in the front but that is the only thing I could ask for.
View Quote
What caliber and barrel length is your Bren 2? Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the bren 2 is as awesome as I have seen in a few online reviews. Im excited to hear of more accuracy tests at 100 yards?.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I have the 14”. I strapped it to a Lead Sled at the range when I was sighting it in with an ACOG and was getting groups under 2” consistently at 100 yards and most 3 shot groups at or  less than 1.5”. Keep in mind that is sitting at a bench with the rifle strapped down so it couldnt move but I was very impressed with the accuracy of the Bren2 and the smoothness of the action when shooting was very impresssive. It doesn’t feel like it’s a double impulse recoil like the SCAR to me so I don’t think it will hammer optics like the SCAR does. I have over 1000 rounds through mine now and the ACOG is still dead on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#41]
very nice! What load were you using
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TURRICAN] [#42]
Federal XM88 and IWI M88. I’ve only used 62 GR with it so far but it seems to like it. Little bit of POI shift between the two brands but the groups stayed tight.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks again for the info. Ill post the results of my range time with my 11" next week some time after I make it out to the desert with it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
You also have to remember you went with a Geissele two stage match trigger basically. Can't compare that to a single stage combat trigger. Apples vs oranges.

If you didn't like the standard single stage SCAR trigger, you could have messed with it yourself instead of jumping to the Ferrari Geissele match trigger.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TURRICAN] [#45]
What other trigger is available for the SCAR even to just to get a trigger at least as good as a $500 AR? The trigger on the SCAR is horrendous especially for an over $2,000 rifle.
But I was comparing the stock SCAR trigger to the stock CZ Bren2 trigger which is the combat trigger that comes with the Bren 2 from the factory. The CZ 805 Bren had a stock combat trigger that is also very nice. My point is CZ is building a rifle that is very similar to the SCAR with some much needed improvements where needed such as a non reciprocating charging handle as well. I don’t need to change out anything in the Bren 2 and the price is a lot less.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I got the firing pin spring from cz last night. They found one with their gunsmith.  They said they are currently waiting on bren 2 parts and had no eta on them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I wonder if there is some issue with these springs. Kind of weird that two people with brand new Bren 2s both needed to replace firing pin springs. Luckily the rifle works fine without it so it’s no big deal but I would like to get one as soon as they are available.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I just think the place i purchased mine from disassembled it and forgot to put back in. Its possible I could have lost it when I disassembled it but I doubt it. Theres not much tension  on it that would make it fly across the room. You should contact them and ask them to send one. They were great.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#49]
As an owner of a 805 SBR, I see either Bren2 as a big step up from mine. I am definitely going to get a Bren 2 when they are available.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:
I just think the place i purchased mine from disassembled it and forgot to put back in. Its possible I could have lost it when I disassembled it but I doubt it. Theres not much tension  on it that would make it fly across the room. You should contact them and ask them to send one. They were great.
View Quote
I tried and they said they didn’t have any. They sent me an 805 spring but it’s not same. I will try again in a couple weeks. Until then I will keep shooting it. I can’t stop. I take other guns with me to the range but I just want to shoot the Bren 2 all day. Such an awesome design.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 4 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top