Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ABElisch] [#1]
2nd XCR-L ordered 15 March, arrives next week to FFL.  This one in 5.56; w a 7.62x39 barrel still on order.  Got a small pile of spare parts to satisfy my paranoia.

Happy days.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ach, with the new MCX's coming out in X39, I'm wondering if I should exit the XCR game...
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By therex:
Ach, with the new MCX's coming out in X39, I'm wondering if I should exit the XCR game...
View Quote

Wait and see.

The XCR is a long stroke piston that should shoot really, really soft in 7.62X39.  We have no clue if the Sig products will even work.  The vast majority of their products are only conceptual home runs out of the gate.  In actual practice they all need time under the knife to revise them.  I'm hoping that these Gen 3 MCX's will be ready to rock but only time will tell.

The last piece of consideration is that we have zero idea as to what availability is going to look like.  Based upon history, it is going to be really, really hard to find an MCX unless you're willing to pay a premium.  It could be years before you find one at retail.  If you already have an XCR, keep it and enjoy it.  If you find an MCX, grab it and sell the XCR if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I have 2 xcr's, thinking about disposing of only one of them.

but you're right, "wait and see" is probably the better approach.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By therex:
Well, I have 2 xcr's, thinking about disposing of only one of them.

but you're right, "wait and see" is probably the better approach.
View Quote

Just my two cents brother.  Up to you man.  The market is pretty sweet for XCR's right now as there arent exactly a thousand of them on the market waiting to be sold.  If you wanted to divest and you were able to find the right buyer it could still be a sellers market for you!

Good luck man!
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I can tell, XCR-M’s are very well loved by owners on YouTube. Much more rare than the Scar 17 but generally cost less. A very nice OD example went for $2,800 on gunbroker yesterday. I had bids in but just couldn’t tolerate what that final number was going to be after taxes, fees and shipping. I ended up finding an FDE one spec’s like this one for much cheaper and should have it next Friday.

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
From what I can tell, XCR-M’s are very well loved by owners on YouTube. Much more rare than the Scar 17 but generally cost less. A very nice OD example went for $2,800 on gunbroker yesterday. I had bids in but just couldn’t tolerate what that final number was going to be after taxes, fees and shipping. I ended up finding an FDE one spec’s like this one for much cheaper and should have it next Friday.

https://i.ibb.co/JtRcyz1/55488055-670-D-4-A51-B654-BA8-D10-FAE01-A.jpg
View Quote

You will love it!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#9]
That rifle was on display at the NRA show. They need to update their website so you can order than configuration. Great handling rifle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps I missed it in the video but what is the exact configuration we are talking about?

I had the video playing in the background while I was working so...yeah, I probably missed it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Mid length handguard, 12” barrel.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Am I on the wrong website for Robinson Armament?  I wanted to look at rifle options and every webpage asks for a login on a 404 error page.

Perhaps there are some better retailors I should look at?

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sidpost:
Am I on the wrong website for Robinson Armament?  I wanted to look at rifle options and every webpage asks for a login on a 404 error page.

Perhaps there are some better retailors I should look at?

TIA,
Sid
View Quote

As per instagram their website is having technical difficulties.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

As per instagram their website is having technical difficulties.
View Quote

They are in the process of transitioning to a new website provider, as their former one sucked and never completed the site, and recently went woke anti 2a.

Give ‘em some time while they move.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
There have been a few discussions over the years about the XCR-L and XCR-M and they usually devolve fairly quickly into chaos.  Seems much of the hate is focused on the owner of the company and maybe not so much at the rifles themselves.

I find the XCR to be a fairly interesting rifle even though I, personally, have little experience with it.  Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Solutions has done a couple videos on both the -L and the -M and gives the platform high marks in pretty much all areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxTTd4ngwpw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ClrDnw39A

So I wonder if any of the general hate has changed.  Has the demise of the ACR caused anyone to take another look at the XCR?  Has the rise of the MCX caused anyone to take a second look at the XCR?  I think we'd all have to admit, whether or not you like the company, that they are committed to the gun and are supporting it pretty well with spare parts, caliber conversions, etc.  

Flame on!
View Quote

Fuckers fucked me on my M-96!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Pretty cool how you can call them, make a custom order and start making payments later. I’m an instant gratification kind of guy but given the rarity of these, I may just put in an order for an OD 14.5 P&W with the competition length hand guard and try to forget about it for a few months.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 12:00:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gr8Santini] [#17]
Edit
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I have two XCR-Ls, one from 2020 and one from 2022.  

About half my steel/aluminum mags (Duramags, Stoner, ASC) pop out of the second rifle when jostled but not the first where they all insert securely.  Pmags are secure in both rifles.

Nothing looks obviously different on either the mags or the rifles.

Any thoughts on what’s going on?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:51:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ABElisch:

About half my steel/aluminum mags (Duramags, Stoner, ASC) pop out of the second rifle when jostled but not the first where they all insert securely.  Pmags are secure in both rifles.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks.
View Quote

You can try this fix direct from Robinson Armament

XCR Magazine Release Arm Fix

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Picked up a used 7.5" XCR-L in 223. Did some shooting with it when it was 6 degrees out, the gas setting was at 4. Setting 3 wouldn't lock back, so right in the middle of the range (0-8 settings).

Attachment Attached File

The galil ace has a smoother recoil impulse, but it might be heavier. The ace has a kns piston in it.

I also picked up a 9.5" XCR-M in 308 (not shown), got lucky checking Robinson arms website and it was in stock. This one was on gas setting 1 and still locking back. Wish it was closer to the middle of the range so it could be dialed in more. I might ask if they offer any other piston or gas valve to lessen the gas more.

Velocity comparison:

Attachment Attached File

Overall I like them, nice change up and I like the design features of them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvoeDPK1ZHY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ABElisch:

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvoeDPK1ZHY

That worked 100% - thank you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Wait and see.

The XCR is a long stroke piston that should shoot really, really soft in 7.62X39.  We have no clue if the Sig products will even work.  The vast majority of their products are only conceptual home runs out of the gate.  In actual practice they all need time under the knife to revise them.  I'm hoping that these Gen 3 MCX's will be ready to rock but only time will tell.

The last piece of consideration is that we have zero idea as to what availability is going to look like.  Based upon history, it is going to be really, really hard to find an MCX unless you're willing to pay a premium.  It could be years before you find one at retail.  If you already have an XCR, keep it and enjoy it.  If you find an MCX, grab it and sell the XCR if you are so inclined.
View Quote

I got my 3 digit XCR-L in 2006. To this day, it’s a softer shooter than any AR I have built for 2 gun with the best parts specifically for that purpose.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#23]
The XCR family is one of the best new gen American rifle designed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:39:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m strongly considering an XCR-L for my next rifle. Probably with an 11” barrel. With braces no longer being an option, is the pistol end cap quickly and easily swappable for a stock? I would be doing a Form 1 prior obviously. Or am I better off just getting it in SBR configuration and just waiting for the Form 4? I’m just wondering how outrageous the wait time would be between waiting for the rifle and waiting for the Form 4.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
I’m strongly considering an XCR-L for my next rifle. Probably with an 11” barrel. With braces no longer being an option, is the pistol end cap quickly and easily swappable for a stock? I would be doing a Form 1 prior obviously. Or am I better off just getting it in SBR configuration and just waiting for the Form 4? I’m just wondering how outrageous the wait time would be between waiting for the rifle and waiting for the Form 4.
View Quote

Pistol cap comes off with one screw and super fast.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
I'm strongly considering an XCR-L for my next rifle. Probably with an 11" barrel. With braces no longer being an option, is the pistol end cap quickly and easily swappable for a stock? I would be doing a Form 1 prior obviously. Or am I better off just getting it in SBR configuration and just waiting for the Form 4? I'm just wondering how outrageous the wait time would be between waiting for the rifle and waiting for the Form 4.

Order the gun now... 4 to 6+ month wait times.

Order the complete pistol with end cap and order the complete stock assembly at the same time.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Order the gun now... 4 to 6+ month wait times.

Order the complete pistol with end cap and order the complete stock assembly at the same time.

View Quote

This.  We have no idea what the final ruling for the pistol brace rule will be.

Additionally, imagine waiting six months for the rifle to arrive and then having to submit a form 4 to wait another nine months?  Absolute hell.

At least with an e-file form 1, we can expect 30-90 days for that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Additionally, imagine waiting six months for the rifle to arrive and then having to submit a form 4 to wait another nine months?  Absolute hell.

View Quote

That’s what I’m thinking. And I don’t care about the pistol brace thing, I would have done a Form 1 regardless. But it would have been nice to shoot with the brace for the month or two until the Form 1 comes back.

I’m thinking 11 inch barrel, Mlok, and black.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Just ordered a conversion kit for my xcr-l. 9.5” 5.56. And parts to update my fast stock. 550 or something shipped. I love this rifle. My smoothest shooting 5.56
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#30]

That's what I'm thinking. And I don't care about the pistol brace thing, I would have done a Form 1 regardless. But it would have been nice to shoot with the brace for the month or two until the Form 1 comes back.

I'm thinking 11 inch barrel, Mlok, and black.
View All Quotes

That's what I'm thinking. And I don't care about the pistol brace thing, I would have done a Form 1 regardless. But it would have been nice to shoot with the brace for the month or two until the Form 1 comes back.

I'm thinking 11 inch barrel, Mlok, and black.

Another option  You can order the braced gun and order just the parts you'd need to convert the brace to the stock.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Downside is it will be a few months until it’s ready
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
Just ordered a conversion kit for my xcr-l. 9.5” 5.56. And parts to update my fast stock. 550 or something shipped. I love this rifle. My smoothest shooting 5.56
View Quote

What barrel are you currently using?  I originally had the 9.5" 5.56 which uses a blackout (inside the rail) gas block and switched to an 11" barrel with standard gas block location.  There is a noticeable difference in recoil impulse.  The standard gas is a much softer shooting setup.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 6:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tommyidone] [#33]
I have a custom 11” std gas. Had to open the port a bit to get to run reliably. Gun is going to be suppressed pretty much 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
I have a custom 11” std gas. Had to open the port a bit to get to run reliably. Gun is going to be suppressed pretty much 100% of the time.
View Quote

My 11" std gas is perfect.  Much softer that my 9.5" buried gas system.  I am shooting 100% suppressed (Federal M193) on the #1 gas setting.  This gives me plenty of room for adjustment in cold weather, weaker load, dirty operating system, etc.

Just saw your IM.  I will reply back through the messenger as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Welp, Robinson just said they want to see my form 1 before they'll send me the parts to convert the tailhook over to a stock. Screw that noise.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Just tell them it’s a rifle…
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
Welp, Robinson just said they want to see my form 1 before they'll send me the parts to convert the tailhook over to a stock. Screw that noise.
View Quote

They did that to me as well. Wasn't a big deal and just sent it to them as they have most of that info anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tommyidone] [#39]

@Gr8Santini
What’s your take on the way the shortys shoot vs the full length gas system in 5.56. Wil I be disappointed in it?  I love how smooth and soft shooting my 11” is. Just put in an order for a 9.5” 5.56.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
View Quote

I got the same when I ordered a conversion kit. I informed them the conversion kit was being stored at a different location pending a stamp and they shipped it.

They're just CYA.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Picture day

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice looking XCR… love to have an SBR in .300
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Beautiful!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Flawless.

I really like the look of the Eotech on there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:29:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Still a 4-6 month lead time? And will they tell you this after you place your order? The one I'm wanting to order is L Mid, 12" barreled pistol, in 5.56 with light profile.  Black in color.  Or should I ring them up and see if they have any configs close to that in stock?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#47]
They posted on Instagram last night that they are doing she’s only until the pistol brace thing is decided.

What I’m telling you is I would give them a call, and you may what to change your order, or you need to start on some paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#48]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
They posted on Instagram last night that they are doing she’s only until the pistol brace thing is decided.

What I’m telling you is I would give them a call, and you may what to change your order, or you need to start on some paperwork.
View Quote

Bonehead business move.

I'm not even sure how factory SBR's work in this instance.  I'm not sure if you can file paperwork on a gun that hasn't been "born yet".  IF you have to wait until the factory SBR is transferred to your dealer, that whole process could take two god damn years.

Are they going to take the other bonehead move regarding short barrels?  Do I have to prove to them that I have a stamp prior to them selling me something?

Alex is a the worst, best businessman in the industry lol.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Yeah, their initial post was poorly worded and definitely caused some confusion...

They clarified that you can get the "pistol" variant with end cap.

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top