BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Yeah, their initial post was poorly worded and definitely caused some confusion...

They clarified that you can get the "pistol" variant with end cap.

View Quote

Awesome.

Crisis averted. :)
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m actually looking for another xcr if anyone has one for sale or knows where to find one let me know.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:57:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#3]
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
I'm actually looking for another xcr if anyone has one for sale or knows where to find one let me know.
View Quote

@tommyidone

There's a few for sale on the XCR Forum / Trading Post  

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 2:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]

@tommyidone

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
I'm actually looking for another xcr if anyone has one for sale or knows where to find one let me know.

@tommyidone

I was on there a couple days ago.
Lots and lots of short barrels being sold right now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Really? I’m going to be in the market for one soon and the only active one I saw on there was someone looking to trade a 7.62x39 kit for a short barrel 5.56 kit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#6]
There's two on the first page...

XCR-L 16".223

XCR-L 18" 308 flavor

Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#7]
There's two on the first page...

XCR-L 16".223

XCR-L 18" 308 flavor

View Quote

Sorry, I should have used the quote function. I was referring to the lots and lots of short barrels.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TF82:

Sorry, I should have used the quote function. I was referring to the lots and lots of short barrels.
View Quote

I see a few there but I was also just talking in general on all "2nd hand" gun sites. People wanting to get rid of their braced guns rather than register them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Love my M96.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I want a newer production XCR-L but they’re not worth more than a JAKL, ARX100, Sig 556xi, etc. to me. I’d probably even go to $1,400 for one but they’re all around $2k.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
I want a newer production XCR-L but they’re not worth more than a JAKL, ARX100, Sig 556xi, etc. to me. I’d probably even go to $1,400 for one but they’re all around $2k.
View Quote

I have shot all of these in very similar configurations and would say the XCR is worth $600 more. Softer shooting than all of them, better trigger than all of them (JAKL AR15 trigger options being the outlier), and it has the best ergos (IMO). I also really like the FAST 2 stock but some people find it too thin.

One thing to watch out for is the options if you get a 2nd hand one. They can have 1/7, 1/8, or 1/9 twist barrels. The heavy barrels are true heavy barrels and the light barrels are pretty light. Barrels are not cheap so make sure its the one you want.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JonnieHammaStix:
I have shot all of these in very similar configurations and would say the XCR is worth $600 more. Softer shooting than all of them, better trigger than all of them (JAKL AR15 trigger options being the outlier), and it has the best ergos (IMO). I also really like the FAST 2 stock but some people find it too thin.
View Quote

Yep. The rest really don't stack up. For ~$600 more than those, I consider it an investment in a rifle that's going to outlast me by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s cool that Robinson has kept the rifle fresh with upgrades, but it almost feels like the new XCR’s aren’t the same animal as the one I bought in 2006. If upgrading parts were financially feasible, I’d do that but I’d be better off getting a new rifle and selling my old one. Problem is, I can’t justify what they ask for a new one and the old one still works and is boringly reliable..
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lew:

Yep. The rest really don't stack up. For ~$600 more than those, I consider it an investment in a rifle that's going to outlast me by a wide margin.
View Quote

I haven't handled or shot any of those guns, but I can say that the XCR is the best built gun I have.  Others I own approach it, but do not exceed it.  Only gripe I have is the weight with the heavy 16" barrel, but it's not unmanageable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#15]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
It’s cool that Robinson has kept the rifle fresh with upgrades, but it almost feels like the new XCR’s aren’t the same animal as the one I bought in 2006. If upgrading parts were financially feasible, I’d do that but I’d be better off getting a new rifle and selling my old one. Problem is, I can’t justify what they ask for a new one and the old one still works and is boringly reliable..
View Quote

Yeah, I’m caught between an old XCR for $1,000 or new for twice that. Not sure it’s worth the $2k to me. I just picked up a legacy MCX for $1,155 shipped and an ARX100 for $1,250 shipped. If I drop $2k it’ll probably be on something like the Perun x16 or APC223.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:

Yeah, I’m caught between an old XCR for $1,000 or new for twice that. Not sure it’s worth the $2k to me. I just picked up a legacy MCX for $1,155 shipped and an ARX100 for $1,250 shipped. If I drop $2k it’ll probably be on something like the Perun x16 or APC223.
View Quote

In my experience the XCR is a far better rifle than the APC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stevelish:

I haven't handled or shot any of those guns, but I can say that the XCR is the best built gun I have.  Others I own approach it, but do not exceed it.  Only gripe I have is the weight with the heavy 16" barrel, but it's not unmanageable.
View Quote

What struck me most about my XCR when I got it was that it “felt” more like an old school battle rifle than the AR’s I had owned back in 2006. It just feels Solid, even with the folding stock. By today’s standards, it’s heavy but at the time it was the same weight as a similarly equipped AR. I’ve grown to not like quad rails and after handling a newer generation at their SHOT booth I started wanting one Hard.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

In my experience the XCR is a far better rifle than the APC.
View Quote

I’ve heard the same and that bothers me as a B&T fanboy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]

I’ve heard the same and that bothers me as a B&T fanboy.
View Quote

My APC was broken out of the box, their fix created a whole new problem.

The rifles recoils worse than a normal AR, and my experience not as refined as my buddies SCAR.

I was happy to be rid of it.

I bought and XCR with the sale of it, the XCR is an incredible rifle. Lightest recoiling 556 I have ever fired, awesome quality, great customer service in my experience, accurate. Seriously a much better firearm in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

My APC was broken out of the box, their fix created a whole new problem.

The rifles recoils worse than a normal AR, and my experience not as refined as my buddies SCAR.

I was happy to be rid of it.

I bought and XCR with the sale of it, the XCR is an incredible rifle. Lightest recoiling 556 I have ever fired, awesome quality, great customer service in my experience, accurate. Seriously a much better firearm in my experience.
View Quote

My original 3 digit serial number XCR is still the lightest shooting 5.56 gun I have, including the purpose built for recoil reduction 2-gun rig I built with no expense spared.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know how much the upgrade program costs to take a Gen 1 XCR to Gen 3?  The weight with a quad rail is what would kill a cheap Gen 1 for me but I have seen some where they machine off the quad rail on the sides and leave a 3 slot pic section up front like a Geissele MK 4 Rail. If i found a gen 1 for $1k I would for sure buy it and butcher it
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone know how much the upgrade program costs to take a Gen 1 XCR to Gen 3?  The weight with a quad rail is what would kill a cheap Gen 1 for me but I have seen some where they machine off the quad rail on the sides and leave a 3 slot pic section up front like a Geissele MK 4 Rail. If i found a gen 1 for $1k I would for sure buy it and butcher it
View Quote

I just sent my 2010 XCR-L in in September to get it upgraded. The only thing it needed was the Type 2 bolt which ran $225. If it needed the Type 3 gas system, it would have been another $225 I believe.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Old pic.  6.5 Grendel.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Is that a factory fluted barrel? I dig it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Heavy barrel I had fluted.  Many thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

View Quote

Who did the fluting? did you have to cryo the barrel or have it stressed relieved after? I have a heavy barrel that I am not in love with and would like to modify.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Who did the fluting? did you have to cryo the barrel or have it stressed relieved after? I have a heavy barrel that I am not in love with and would like to modify.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

Longriflesinc did the fluting.  No crying or stress relief.  Shoots great
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#28]
My 7.5" 300blk barrel is ready for shipment, Ordered on Jan 9th.

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Ordered an XCR-M .308 in early May and picked it up this week.  RA wrote “They've been getting the .308s out fast these last few months.”  I would say so.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ABElisch:
Ordered an XCR-M .308 in early May and picked it up this week.  RA wrote “They've been getting the .308s out fast these last few months.”  I would say so.  YMMV.
View Quote

Someone can correct me but I think their primary delay has been barrels because they use supplier for the barrels. So maybe the barrel supplier has had more .308 availability.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rigian:

Someone can correct me but I think their primary delay has been barrels because they use supplier for the barrels. So maybe the barrel supplier has had more .308 availability.
View Quote

They've now moved barrel production in-house last I read.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I ordered a 12” 5.56 barrel on 5/3 and was quoted “2+ months” so we’ll see how it goes. They were pretty accurate for my Fast 2 stock and my Form 1 really was about 40 days, so we’ll see if I get luck three times in a row. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

They've now moved barrel production in-house last I read.
View Quote

It’s too bad they can’t use Faxon like a lot of OEM’s do…. Faxon makes really good barrels. Maybe it’s a production capacity thing and with Faxon making barrels for so many companies they can’t afford to wait for production slots?

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Sexy.

Anyone able to cut down a 16" Gen 1. barrel to 14.5"? Looks like there might be an issue with the barrel shoulder, and I'm still on the edge as it's an MOA or better shooter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Lots of XCRs available up on RobArms site right now. One of the Ms is pretty tempting but longer barrel than I want. (Also, my gun fund is dry right now)
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Sexy.

Anyone able to cut down a 16" Gen 1. barrel to 14.5"? Looks like there might be an issue with the barrel shoulder, and I'm still on the edge as it's an MOA or better shooter.
View Quote

I wouldn’t do it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#38]

I wouldn’t do it.
View All Quotes
Sexy.

I wouldn’t do it.

I lost interest in the project as it's going to be my thermal rifle, so the extra 1.5" isn't going to be any sort of issue.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Well... After many years of talking myself out of one... I found a local 7.5" XCR-L Mini. Priced well, no wait and never shot. Now I need to get some time away from work and try it out.  Robinson Armament is just down the road from me, so it's nice to support a local company and if there are issues, to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fuatos:
Well... After many years of talking myself out of one... I found a local 7.5" XCR-L Mini. Priced well, no wait and never shot. Now I need to get some time away from work and try it out.  Robinson Armament is just down the road from me, so it's nice to support a local company and if there are issues, to get it fixed.
View Quote

Awesome.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Why can’t i find a cheap 9.5” in either 5.56 or .300???
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Why can’t i find a cheap 9.5” in either 5.56 or .300???
View Quote

I found a 7.5" 556 used and picked it up. Then I ordered a 300 blk barrel from them. Fun as hell and a smooth shooter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:

I found a 7.5" 556 used and picked it up. Then I ordered a 300 blk barrel from them. Fun as hell and a smooth shooter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/372855/IMG_20221223_143633238_HDR_compress89_jp-3039407.JPG
View Quote

Seems like the only XCR’s I see for sale are 16” guns that are early like mine, or newer guns they think should bring nearly as much as retail.

Really, I wish Robinson’s were just a little more affordable so I could continue to support them by speaking with my wallet rather than a keyboard. They are great guns, just not $2250 guns to me when I already have one. Converting to another barrel would require me to get a shorter handguard to be worth it and the uppers will buy a lot of really nice rifles for what they cost so that really isn’t an option either.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#44]
I haven't followed the various updates and I know RobArms has a breakdown of them on the website. However, I'm not sure when the XCR-L Mini was introduced. When it was introduced, were the updates at the current specs with gas block, etc?
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Seems like the only XCR’s I see for sale are 16” guns that are early like mine, or newer guns they think should bring nearly as much as retail.

Really, I wish Robinson’s were just a little more affordable so I could continue to support them by speaking with my wallet rather than a keyboard. They are great guns, just not $2250 guns to me when I already have one. Converting to another barrel would require me to get a shorter handguard to be worth it and the uppers will buy a lot of really nice rifles for what they cost so that really isn’t an option either.
View Quote

I finally got to run mine a bit today and it was one of few guns that didn’t have issues with cheap steel cased ammo.  It has a pin and welded brake to get it 16” and the concussive blast was significant. But it kept it flat shooting.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#46]
RA inventory blowout

5.56 rifles.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
fantastic guns.  crappy company.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By scrum:
View Quote

Elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Fantastic Guns, highly improved company over 20 years time in my experience. Every interaction with The CS, including Alex has been top notch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Elaborate?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Elaborate?

Probably based solely on internet hearsay.

I've never had an issue with CS the few times I've ordered or bothered them with a question.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top