User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
G23
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
My last Rem 700. My Dad’s is absolutely stunning (late 70’s probably) and is one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever fired. The XCR II I bought around 2014 was a total shit box. Fuck new Remington.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Kel Tec PF9
Kel Tec CMR30

Jam-O-Matics, with the PF9 having light strikes.
Sent back to Kel Tech.  They (said) fixed it.  Same inoperable condition when returned.

Will never buy Kel Tec anything ever again
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold a Sig 226 Mk 25 at a loss this weekend. I just couldnt hit shit with it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Cimarron Colt 1878 clone - It got rave reviews. I was really excited to SBS one. The example I received was nothing but problems right out of the box. It is already off-face after only approximately 500 rounds of mostly light birdshot. Piece of junk.

Benelli M4 factory LE model - I paid a lot for this gun. The factory adjustable buttstock was designed by an idiot. It changes the comb height as you change the length of pull. The gun also came with parts that are not mentioned in the owners manual. Worst of all, it chronically suffers ~2% failure to fire rate due to light primer strikes (across a wide variety of ammunition).

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig Mosquito- Piece of shit would never function consistently.

Keltec PF9- Trigger ruined it.

CMMG Banshee- shit accuracy when suppressed ruins it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Christensen Ridgeline.  It's a nice rifle, but not $2k nice.  The action is okay, but not great.  The stock is okay, but not great.  Good trigger.  Mine was plenty accurate, but if I'd have started sticking money into it to replace the stock and fix the minor gripes I had with it, I'd have had custom rifle money into it.  In the end I just decided to sell it and build a custom.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Ruger gp100, nice gun but I couldn’t hit the side of a barn from the inside with it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Coin flip between VP9 and PPQ. Not that they’re terrible, but that I had such high hopes for them and they let me down.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pakieser:
Sig MPX.  High price, high maintenance and low reliability.  
View Quote
+1
I had high hopes for the MPX and dumped considerable coin into it.  ILWT barrel and 4 position adjustable gas.  Also used a post sample full auto sear.  Mine was reliable but is too fast in full auto and not tunable to slow it down.  Terrible suppressed.  Gassy and loud.  Adjustable gas didn't help.  So glad I dumped it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#11]
UZI Model B semi auto, bought in CA in 1988. Jammamtic and a half, couldn't get through a single mag without jamming, no matter what magazine. Made a BUNCH of money selling it after the ban came down, so I doubly don't regret getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a Hi-Power because why not. I hated shooting it and to get it to where I might have liked it was gonna be a money pit. Sent it down the road and never looked back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:32:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrotherJackToo] [#13]
Originally Posted By Jetpig:
Weatherby Accumark.  Looks great for a 4 MOA rifle.
View Quote

At least twice as accurate as my old Kimber 84M in 308, which was a despicable piece of very expensive garbage.   Would not feed from left side of the magazine, 8 to 10 MOA as it came from the factory (it's hard to tell when you can't keep em all on the paper), and Kimber told me to get stuffed and stop complaining about their fine rifles.   I spent a lot of money on gunsmithing, and finally got it to a legit 3.5 MOA gun, and after 101 tries with the pliers on the mag box got it to feed.  Sold it with full disclosure for a huge loss.    Guy I sold it to had the barrel bored to 338 Federal, and that finally got it down in MOA territory.

First and last Kimber for me.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Hk usp 45 v1
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#15]
USP full-size in 45

MP5k

PSA AK 104

SCAR 17
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:50:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WhyNotDev8] [#16]
Ak47.

I'm on my 2nd...a milled Arsenal. Arguably one of the nicer examples.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the standardization and modularity of the AR15.

I just feel like i should own this turd. Always afraid of an import ban executive order
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:52:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WhyNotDev8] [#17]
Originally Posted By Makarov:

Benelli M4 factory LE model - I paid a lot for this gun. The factory adjustable buttstock was designed by an idiot. It changes the comb height as you change the length of pull. The gun also came with parts that are not mentioned in the owners manual. Worst of all, it chronically suffers ~2% failure to fire rate due to light primer strikes (across a wide variety of ammunition).

View Quote

Same.

I love the Benelli m4 and mine has been reliable as all get out but I only got the collapsible stock because of CoD vibes. It IS a piece of shit design.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Sig mosquito- piece of shit and terribly unreliable,  sold it

Charter Arms .44 Bulldog - recoiled like a mother fucker and couldn't hit broadside of a barn  sold it

Glock 36 - unreliable,  sold it

Hk94 converted to mp5 clone by Jayson at IGF- Way too much money for an underwhelming toy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Sub 2000, not pleasant to shoot. Bought to share Beretta mags.

Vepr 54r , not very accurate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:57:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sorensic] [#20]
HK-93: My holy grail gun. After shooting a full auto one, thought I would love the semi version. A ridiculously heavy 223. Sold it.

FN FNC: Bought it to some day have the sear added. Another ridiculously heavy 223. Sold it.

Walther G22: Neat looking 22lr bullpup, but the piece of shit never worked, even though it took a couple trips back to the factory. Sold it back to the gun shop I bought it from.

Carbon-15: Neat little plastic AR pistol that never worked. Sold it.

MP5-10mm clone: A Todd Bailey gun. I should have known better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
USP full-size .40.
It worked great, I never had a single malfunction, but it could barely hit a barn from the inside. Least accurate pistol I’ve ever had, and I’ve had Lorcin, Davis, Cobra, Intratec, Makarov, and Raven pistols. Maybe it was just my particular example, I don’t know, but that was the one and only .40 I ever owned. Soured me on the whole caliber/chambering.
View Quote

USPs have a weird sight picture, any chance it was that? Or maybe a flinch with 40? I don't care for the caliber either in my limited experience.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#22]
G19.  FWIW mine had the finger grooves.  hated it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#23]
My "Marlin Model 60" I got a lemon, it would bend rounds in half while chambering, and even after sending it back it would only shoot 20 rounds before needing to be striped and cleaned or it would just jam again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#24]
AR-7 - never could get it to work properly and it didn't really do anything for me that a 10/22 can't do

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 - not very comfortable to shoot

KelTec CP33 - too bulky for a .22 LR pistol and my fascination waned very quickly

Diamondback DB9 - bought to replace the Kel-Tec P32 I pocket carried (probably the only Kel-Tec product I've actually loved) because of the larger caliber in a pretty similar sized gun (also helped me consolidate calibers); the damn trigger snapped off during a string of fire on the range with 250-500 round total through the gun
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
USP full-size in 45

MP5k

PSA AK 104

SCAR 17
View Quote

It's funny because I've owned all of those guns (besides the 104, I had the 103) and I love all of them. I sold the Scar 17 because I don't need a .308, but I still think it's the best one on the market.

Love my SP5k-PDW and USP 45 w/ LEM trigger. Both are extremely smooth shooting and I've never had a single failure.

All four of the guns you just listed are among the most reliable, capable, and time-proven guns ever made.

For me, it's the Beretta M9A4. I tried to like the gun, but I can't stand DA/SA pistols and it's still hard to mount an optic on it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd probably say it was my Walther P99AS.  I lusted after that gun for years and years.  The design is pretty awesome, the quality is great, on paper it should have retired every one of my Glocks.

When I finally bought one, I just couldn't make it work for me.  It didn't fit my hand at all no matter which backstrap I installed.  It was supremely reliable but "patterned" more than "grouped".  I tried really hard to learn and adapt to it but nothing I did mattered.  I sold it during the first Obama panic for what I had in it.  

Some part of me thinks maybe I just had a lemon, I never had a handgun from .380 up to .45 that I've picked up that I couldn't figure out after running through a magazine.  Glocks, 1911 clones, Berettas, HKs, Hi Powers/clones, CZs, FNs - I'll never be a competition-grade shooter but I can handle all of these with a decent level of proficiency.  I could never get the Walther to work for me.

I'll echo the complaints about the Benelli M4 telestock - I have a clone but it uses the same basic design when it comes to the comb.  I guess aiming was an optional aspect of the adjustable stock.    I know the recoil assembly is in the buffer tube but there's no reason it has to angle down so sharply, it could go straight back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacNac] [#27]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
My last Rem 700. My Dad's is absolutely stunning (late 70's probably) and is one of the most accurate rifles I've ever fired. The XCR II I bought around 2014 was a total shit box. Fuck new Remington.
View Quote
This. And don't even get me started on the 700 spin-offs  770 was GARBAGE
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sladekal:
My "Marlin Model 60" I got a lemon, it would bend rounds in half while chambering, and even after sending it back it would only shoot 20 rounds before needing to be striped and cleaned or it would just jam again.
View Quote
That's really sad. I had my grandad's for several years before gifting it to a family member. When they are good, they are outstanding. I never loved the tube magazine, but it would empty the tube with crazy accuracy before a squirrel could even think to clench its tiny cheeks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Gen 3 G19 - Frame just doesn’t fit my hands at all. I keep meaning to get a new frame for it but haven’t. It just sits in the safe.

AK’s - they just don’t do anything for me. I don’t like dirt shooting and my AR’a do everything so much better

AR308 - spent a ton of money building a light weight AR308. It’s still big and bulky and I never shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Fishin6061:
I had a Hi-Power because why not. I hated shooting it and to get it to where I might have liked it was gonna be a money pit. Sent it down the road and never looked back.
View Quote

I had a similar experience with a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec.  15# trigger. Springfield offered to take it down to 12# to get it "in spec."  Hammer bit the hell out of my hand.  I looked into sending it to a pistolsmith, but it was going to cost as much as I paid for the pistol.

Sold it and bought a Glock.  No regrets.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll be the oddball and say pretty much every 9mm Glock. Had both the G43x and G19 and just couldn't get used to the grip angles. Sold both and went to a Sig P365, then P365XL as well as a Shadow Systems MR920, all of which work much better for me.

On the flip side, the 10mm Glocks (G20SF and G40) are among my favorite guns.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I am surprised by the vp9 hate. I absolutely love mine and I am way more accurate with it than a glock.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Ruger 10/22. Had 2 of em. Pieces of shit. Better suited for a 10 year old boy, not a man.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Flathead9:
I am surprised by the vp9 hate. I absolutely love mine and I am way more accurate with it than a glock.
View Quote

Same. The VP9 is the best striker-fired pistol, in my opinion. I’ve owned Glocks and Sigs, and shot others’ S&W, PSA, Springfield, and Walther.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FOX_OSCAR_hook:
G27, hate shooting that thing. Need to sell it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88214/IMG_20151228_092122219-1280091.jpg
View Quote

Interesting, I was given one and fully expected to hate it.
I have found it to be one of the easiest to shoot, and softer shooting pistols I have.
And extremely accurate.
It was a pleasant surprise.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By seand1111:
Sig p320 line.

I guess I am just too used to Glocks for striker pistols… I hate the mushy trigger on the M18 I had. Even after an Apex upgrade it still felt like shit to me.
View Quote

Same. I had 3. Commercial M17, commercial M18, and a 320RXP compact with a Romeo 1 Pro RDS. Sold the RXP , kept the other two because they look cool. They little to no range time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Chiappa M1 9mm carbine. This was pretty much before the big PCC rage. It was accurate and fun to shoot but
it would choke on EVERY magazine no matter what brand I used.

These use Beretta-type mags which should feed well. However, the designers set up the mag position to mimic
the original M1 carbine mags 90 degree to barrel. This put the top bullet at such a steep angle to the chamber
that most of them ended up pointed to the sky instead of chambering correctly.

Glad I got rid of that one.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#38]
Sig 556. What an absolute turd of a rifle in its actual execution. Exeter took an excellent, elegant, perfectly executed Swiss design and made the 556, its extra chromosomal cousin.

Sig Spear. Terrible design of the handguard-upper receiver interface with absolutely shit tolerances, shit QC. It’s embarrassing that our tier-1 guys got such an unequivocally garbage rifle. And the caliber is moronic too. Let’s add a new caliber that’s super complex to manufacture, has heavy recoil, and is super costly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
Keltec Sub2000

Keep in mind I did not have super high expectations like it was going to be the ultimate backpack gun or something. I got a really good deal on a used gen1 probably 6 years ago thinking this will be fun as hell. I absolutely did not enjoy it one little bit. I bought a heavy charge handle and bolt buffer from Mcarbo and that helped a bit but it still wasn't something I could get into. I ended up trading it for 1200 rounds of 5.56 and 800 rounds of 9mm.
View Quote

15 years ago I bought a gen 1 with a S&W magwell.  Had a buttload of 5900 mags.  Ended up getting rid of it due to the heavy recoil. shit trigger and low sights.  Wish I kept the mags...

Just recently I bought a gen 2.  Nothings changed, heavy recoil, shit trigger, low sights, charging handle rips beard.

That said, it does fill the niche of having a "long gun" when you need it to be discrete.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Glock 17 Gen 5 as a duty gun last year. Qualed w/ it and got rid of it 3 weeks later. Like carrying a 2x4.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#41]
M3A1 "grease gun"

Good GOD, what a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
I'll echo the complaints about the Benelli M4 telestock - I have a clone but it uses the same basic design when it comes to the comb.  I guess aiming was an optional aspect of the adjustable stock.    I know the recoil assembly is in the buffer tube but there's no reason it has to angle down so sharply, it could go straight back.
View Quote

The M4S90 op system is the tried & true inertial system used in the M1 with the addition of gas assist via the twin pistons. Note the pivot link in the rear carrier arm to allow that piece on the action slide into the angled stock tube. It would more than some tweaking to alter the design to a straight in-line action. My guess is they wanted to keep it in the family.

Personally, I've had zero problems with mine, or the cheek height variance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ken_mays] [#43]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
USP full-size in 45

MP5k

PSA AK 104

SCAR 17
View Quote

MP5K?!!!! Was it a SBR? German? Why didn’t you like it? I’ve had a K-N sear host for 18 years and love mine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
G19.  FWIW mine had the finger grooves.  hated it.
View Quote

Kinda the same for me, but with all gen 3 & 4 Glocks. Finger grooves didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 8:16:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fivepointoh] [#46]
For those shocked at my choices, love my USPc in 45, 40 and 9, love my 9mm expert, just when it comes to 45, I'm more of a 1911 guy. Dunno what else to say. It was reliable as all get out, just didn't vibe with me.

MP5k was an mke clone, swapped all the usual HK parts in, went classic with the vfg and choate stock, just prefer the full size is all.

SCAR17, meh, I like AR10's more.

AK104, I just don't think I'm an AK guy. I've tried and tried to like them, have bought too many to count. Just not my thing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Most 40 cal pistols—aggravated my carpal tunnel.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Masterpiece Arms MPA 9mm. Trigger slapper extraordinaire. It hurt just to shoot the thing. Rossi 92 in 45 Colt. The thing had an oversized rough bore with lots of machine marks. It never would shoot straight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Ptr-32. I've had two and considered buying it a third time. It's a great gun but wouldn't work with anything but pmags
and it's a beast even though it fires the 7.62x39. Just too much gun.
If I found the right deal I'd probably do it again, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#50]
See thats my folly as well.

Been through TWO Tavor SAR rifles and now I just bought a second Sub2000–price was too right.  I figure ill shoot it once, hate it like the first one, and never shoot it again.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top