BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:16:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
Sig Spear. Terrible design of the handguard-upper receiver interface with absolutely shit tolerances, shit QC. It’s embarrassing that our tier-1 guys got such an unequivocally garbage rifle. And the caliber is moronic too. Let’s add a new caliber that’s super complex to manufacture, has heavy recoil, and is super costly.
View Quote

I can't speak to the Spear, but I had an MCX Virtus that I loved/hated.  The rifle was super sleek and felt really nice, but even the Virtus had a bendy boi barrel.  I won't touch another Sig.  The fact they ask $4,000 for the Spear H is obscene for how poor the QC reportedly is on it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:55:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#2]
My whole life collecting and shooting—going on 50 years now—i can’t believe how much crap i have purchased and how many guns just perform poorly or didnt work out of the box.

These worked but I hated them because I felt duped by the hype :  Arsenal AK’s—had two i bought on sale years ago for less than $700 each.  Nothing special.

Sold both.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
DP-12 double barrel bullpup shotgun. My buddy and I both bought one the same day, same store, first week when they came out as we were so excited for them.

We both hit the range day we picked them up, each with a case of cheap buckshot.

All was well for the first 100-150rds.

Then:

-Mine experienced 2x instances of both barrels firing at once.

-His had 1x instnace of both barrels firing at once, and then terrifyingly, a the gun slamfired (his finger was off the trigger) when he pumped the slide forward, firing the buckshot into the ground a few feet in front of him. As far as we could guess, the hammer had dropped from the impact of the slide hitting forward, causing it to slamfire AD.

Whats scary is it could have slamfired in his house if he was just cycling rounds through the gun to test reliability.

That said, these were probably from the first 1000 of these ever produced, and I have never heard any other reviews of this happening to anyone else. But we both sent ours in for repair then sold them.

Really a bummer as its a super cool gun design.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:38:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#4]
I always wanted a FN-FAL.   Bought one via internet without handling one first.   Absolutely HATED the ergonomics.   Never fired it, sold it immediately.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed on the FAL!

Felt like I had to constantly fiddle with the gas for it to reliably run and the para stock was hell on my shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
I always wanted a FN-FAL.   Bought one via internet without handling one first.   Absolutely HATED the ergonomics.   Never fired it, sold it immediately.
View Quote

This is the first instance I have ever seen of anyone complaining about the FAL's ergonomics.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
Agreed on the FAL!

Felt like I had to constantly fiddle with the gas for it to reliably run and the para stock was hell on my shoulder.
View Quote

Para stocks are hit or miss. Mine's fine, but I've shot others that kicked a bit harder.

As for the gas regulator, there's always the option to close it all the way and get maximum force for the action. If that doesn't work, something is horribly amiss with the rifle or the ammo's shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 6:36:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD] [#8]
Chiappa 1911 (.22LR)

For years, my dream CCW was the Para Carry or Para Companion with the LDA trigger. I had the opportunity to look at one of the full size model with the LDA trigger. One dryfire was all it took to convince me that I didn't really want one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:53:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BNZ] [#9]
Originally Posted By GRMGR1:
Masterpiece Arms MPA 9mm. Trigger slapper extraordinaire. It hurt just to shoot the thing. Rossi 92 in 45 Colt. The thing had an oversized rough bore with lots of machine marks. It never would shoot straight.
View Quote

That's the same as Mac 11-9mm.  Regardless of which company made it, the same design will cause  painful trigger slap.  I had two of them briefly.

Star Firestar 9mm all steel pistol.  Heavy , small but not very comfortable to shoot with.  Sold it and never look back after less than 20 rds.

Yes, Tavor SAR, had 4 different configurations/ colors/ barrel lengths- wanted to like them but finally went back to a plain jane PSA AR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#10]
SIG P220.

I was so pumped to love that beauty, got all the mags, holster, shot it and meh.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Hk p2000
Sig 226, 229, and their plastic framed model
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Gen 1 S&W M&P 9mm
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
SIG P226 Legion, 9 and .40

I love classic SIGs. P226, 228, 229- they all shoot like lasers for me. I had a Legion SAO on my list and a guy at the range had the DA/SA versions in 9mm and .40 cal. I put two mags through each. Accuracy was mediocre, ergonomics merely okay, trigger pull was nothing special, and the fit and finish not worth the price tag. Very underwhelming experience, but it's par for the course with anything SIG USA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Anything CZ. Anything SIG.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
First, DS Arms FAL with a new Green Mountain barrel and a "custom" 12 pound trigger that wouldn't eject properly and would pop open when firing. Sent it back and was charged again to reduce the trigger pull weight to 8 lbs and for shipping both ways even though it was all supposed to be covered under warranty.

Second, Krebs Custom Saiga AK was the only AK that I had that wouldn't feed, fire or eject properly. I returned the rifle and spoke with Marc Krebs on the phone and was told the rifle wasn't fixable, so it was replaced.

Finally, I ordered a customized Vepr from Suarez International that arrived setup in a different configuration than advertised, so I contacted them and was told by the manager that he would send out the parts to make it right, Well, I received the parts but it still wasn't as advertised, so I called again. This time the manager tells me that he's tried to placate me but I'm SOL. So, I take it to the Suarez's Warrior Talk forum only to be kicked off there and then receive an email from Gabe Suarez saying, "Fuck You!"  

I only buy factory stock firearms, that I've had far fewer issues with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Sig p220… local shop had a deal on them with 6 magazines. You probably couldn’t hit dirt if you pointed it straight down and fired. Passed it around between 6 of us, and nobody could hit anything with it. Took that turd right back the same day, haven’t own an Sig since.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WhyNotDev8:
Ak47.

I'm on my 2nd...a milled Arsenal. Arguably one of the nicer examples.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the standardization and modularity of the AR15.

I just feel like i should own this turd. Always afraid of an import ban executive order
View Quote

Hell, I like my SA7SF so much that I bought the SA7UF. Can't wait to get it!
I don't really have any guns that I've regretted buying. I realize all guns are different and I enjoy them as collection pieces as well.
I've got about 20-something guns I haven't even shot yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 12:26:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#18]
7.62 Kalashnikovs don't do anything for me. I get the historical importance and appreciate its staying power, but *everything* about it I find inferior to the AR. It's a heavy, non-modular, inaccurate, punchy rifle . I Zenitco'd mine to try and get some modernized capability and sold it within a few hundred rounds.

Sig P22x pistols are whatever as well. They're not bad, that would be unfair. But as hammer guns go they're kinda meh. Sold an M11 a few years ago and have never missed it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I realized just now that some guns I thought id like I hated because of them

1) having a safety lever
2) being DA/S

As an example I just purchased an M9A4, a gun I really liked in the Army (well the M9), and I’m  severely disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#20]
These have both been said- but for me-

CZ75.  Thought it was going to be so cool.  It's as mediocre as most other hammer fired autos.
PTR91- scratched my HK G3 itch.  Didn't like it for a long list of reasons.  Sold it.  Bought a MKE AP5 last year and had to get another G3 to match it.  I feel the same about the second G3, but it's fun to look at.

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Not really bad but many years ago I bought a Remington XP100 in 223 that I thought I would really like, it was ok but nothing eye popping.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#22]
HK USP V1 is probably the worst offender in my collection. It's like shooting a fucking brick. My G48 is half the size and can have the same capacity. I essentially keep it to say I own an HK at this point lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Remington 746 woodsmaster in 306 and 308

Awful things but look nice
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

I'm not proud of saying so, but there are guns I still have for the sole purpose of reminding me why I don't want any more of them  
View Quote

Well there's a thread I haven't seen.  
Like what?
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
G17. I understand the concept of forcing the wrist in that angle to help reduce muzzle flip, it just didn’t work for me. I don’t have the same problem with the G19.

Remington 870. Bought my first one. Could barely eject fired hulls. Read here that the Police Magnums were better made so I traded up. Same shit. Neither could reliably eject unfired shells no matter how fast I chucked it. Then learned about the problems with their ejectors. This was before Freedom Group too.

FN SCAR. There was a time I was cheer leading for this gun. Then I got to shoot one. It felt clunky. Like a slide hammer bouncing around. It was made worse by the short rail. Dare I say it even felt kind of cheap.

Sig P220. I love my P226. That didn’t apply to the 220. The grip shape was much different than it looks from the 226. I just couldn’t shoot it good without putting extra effort into it that slowed me down.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Ruger 10/22. Had 2 of em. Pieces of shit. Better suited for a 10 year old boy, not a man.
View Quote

I have one with a four digit serial number that is not like the new ones.  
I like mine.  I have not bought a newer model.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 5:03:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK19] [#28]
POF-USA Revolution - absolutely would not run without multiple different failures. Sent back to POF 2x, sold the 3d time I got it back.

SIG MPK-K - I liked the idea of it and all, but mine was unreliable as hell. Add to that the seemingly clunky manual of arms and I dumped it. Replaced it with an APC9-Pro and I am SO glad I did.

FN FNX-45T - Fantastic handgun, except mine was a Gen1 with the flawed grip that allowed the magwell to be too flexible. Started having issues with mags and decided to sell it. Great firearm and I heard they finally resolved the issue so I might revisit it at a later date.

SA Prodigy - Haha, where to start? There were so many issues reported when it initially dropped, I just saved myself the headache and sold mine before I ever fired it. While I have read that most of the issues have been resolved, I will probably look at the new Tissa offering later this year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dunndealin] [#30]
Originally Posted By lew:

I love classic SIGs. P226, 228, 229- they all shoot like lasers for me. I had a Legion SAO on my list and a guy at the range had the DA/SA versions in 9mm and .40 cal. I put two mags through each. Accuracy was mediocre, ergonomics merely okay, trigger pull was nothing special, and the fit and finish not worth the price tag. Very underwhelming experience, but it's par for the course with anything SIG USA.
View Quote

That really sucks to hear for you. I have a 226 Legion SAO(bought early 2016), and it’s been an absolute hammer for me. I’m at about 15000 rounds thru it and only things I’ve done is replace recoil springs(just changed a new one). I just sent the slide off to be milled for RMR. I’m actually looking to add another one but with Sigs rep lately I may grab an older mk25 or something.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:55:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#31]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
View Quote
I am with ya!

My CZ Scorpion was the biggest POS I have ever purchased.  Factory support was on par with the quality of the gun.
Anything SIG after Ron Cohen took over.  I love my early SIGs like my P230s and my P225 but anything Cohen era gets a hard pass from me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Ruger 10/22. Had 2 of em. Pieces of shit. Better suited for a 10 year old boy, not a man.

Anything from before Bill Ruger died is generally solid as all get out.  Anything after?

Some of my best .22s were, without a doubt, 10/22s from the 1970s to the 1990s.  I bought a recent one about 10 years ago now.  Never again. What a complete piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Any and all Glocks.

My Gen 3 23 was accurate, reliable and perfectly sized to put on my hip but I simply couldn't get used to the blocky grip and goofy grip angle.

They have all the pleasant characteristics of an emotional support porcupine.

Have a couple of (early '90's) Ruger 10/22's.

Nice rifles but, the much more svelte, stock on a Marlin 60 are superior IMO.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#34]
CETME G3. What an exaggerated POS. Between ripping casing in half, shitting on itself and a most likely broken cheekbone. It was like trying to stuff a badger in a phonebooth when firing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:
CETME G3. What an exaggerated POS. Between ripping casing in half, shitting on itself and a most likely broken cheekbone. It was like trying to stuff a badger in a phonebooth when firing.
View Quote

Sounds like a POS Century build with zero bolt gap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 6:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#36]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
I am with ya!

My CZ Scorpion was the biggest POS I have ever purchased.  Factory support was on par with the quality of the gun.
.anything SIG after Ron Cohen took over.  I love my early SIGs like my P230s and my P225 .but anything Cohen era gets a hard pass from me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Originally Posted By pokey074:
I am with ya!

.anything SIG after Ron Cohen took over.  I love my early SIGs like my P230s and my P225 .but anything Cohen era gets a hard pass from me.

Anything Sig Exeter after Cohen took over is right. SIG Switzerland and Sig Sauer Germany are still great. The US stuff sucks.

Swiss SIG 55x have always been and continue to be things of beauty.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#37]
FS2000

Total unreliable POS

Broken charging handle, frequent jams, broken shell elevator, front sight post falls out, barrel broke loose in upper receiver after a 2 foot drop.

Never sold a gun so fast and never missed one so little
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dunndealin:

That really sucks to hear for you. I have a 226 Legion SAO(bought early 2016), and it’s been an absolute hammer for me. I’m at about 15000 rounds thru it and only things I’ve done is replace recoil springs(just changed a new one). I just sent the slide off to be milled for RMR. I’m actually looking to add another one but with Sigs rep lately I may grab an older mk25 or something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dunndealin:
Originally Posted By lew:

They may have been bad apples, but two in two different cartridges was not confidence-inspiring. This was late 2015. Given SIG USA's well-earned current reputation, I see little reason to revisit the idea. I'm glad yours has been fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Some of these are very surprising to me.  Mine, not so much.  Keltec KSG.  What a hunk of shit and it wasn’t user error.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Hk 416D.  Didn’t hate it.  Just wasnt anything special.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#41]
For me the Tommy built g36.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:
For me the Tommy built g36.
View Quote
Tell us more.  I had to deal with a real G36 in the lane next to me the other night while trying to practice bullseye with my Woodsman.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#43]
A gun I fell out of love with would be the CZ Scorpion Micro.

Honestly, nothing really wrong with it, ran fine, no issues.

But goddamn, it isnt really a $1500 gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Wandering_minstrel:
A gun I fell out of love with would be the CZ Scorpion Micro.

Honestly, nothing really wrong with it, ran fine, no issues.

But goddamn, it isnt really a $1500 gun.
View Quote
I had one too. I'm over blowback PCC's. Going to pick up a Stribog A3 soon and see how it shakes vs my MKE's. But god bless CZ and their amazing scorpion mags, as they are the best in the PCC world.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Ruger LCP.  I just couldn't shoot mine well at all and traded it off to buy a Sig P238.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BNZ:

That's the same as Mac 11-9mm.  Regardless of which company made it, the same design will cause  painful trigger slap.  I had two of them briefly.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BNZ:
Originally Posted By GRMGR1:
Masterpiece Arms MPA 9mm. Trigger slapper extraordinaire. It hurt just to shoot the thing. Rossi 92 in 45 Colt. The thing had an oversized rough bore with lots of machine marks. It never would shoot straight.

If I'm remembering correctly and interpreting what I'm remembering correctly, what happened was the initial semi design for the trigger mechanism for the closed bolt MACs (following the ban of open bolt semi Macs) was tractable but when the BATF evaluated it for approval, it too was deemed "easily/readily converted to a machine gun".  So, the trigger slap mechanism came to be.  And the rubber trigger boot was implemented as a slap mitigation effort.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#48]
In addition to the FS2000 I mentioned above…

MKE MP5K PDW

Canted sights, unreliable. I know it’s not a real HK but it killed my desire to invest more in the roller locked SMG world

Now as far as the opposite goes? A gun I NEVER envisioned owning, let alone liking is the FN P90. After stumbling onto a good deal on one and SBRing it….damn what a blast. If you can stomach the ammo bill, it’s a very fun gun to shoot, and I don’t think a bigger attention-getter at the range exists..
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalMike] [#49]
I think the only one that comes to mind that I was truly disappointed with is the CZ Scorpion.
It needs to be heavily modified with aftermarket parts to make it anything close to a nice gun (which I was prepared for dealing with), but that can't do anything to address the build quality.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Another HK 91 disappointee
Also the vp70z, loading those mags 😩
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top