BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 2:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:

This is the first instance I have ever seen of anyone complaining about the FAL's ergonomics.
View Quote

Same, it's a Cadillac in ergonomics compared to the hk series.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything 40 S&W … what a stupid round …

I’ll be honest … a G36 … which I thought it would be my grail gun and while it looked cool … it didn’t blow me away the way I thought it would.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The .45 KRISS. It was very accurate but what a pain in the rear it was to charge it when the hammer was down.  It was a common problem with those guns when they first came out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
IWI Jericho 941 - Gen 1.

A fine full-size, steel framed pistol that I had no real issue with except one thing that drove me up a wall: They put the safety on the slide.

I used it for a while and then finally sold it to a friend's son.

They released a Gen 2 with the safety on the frame like God intended but I never got around to buying one before the Liberal government shut down the handgun trade up here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NicoG:

Ruger gp100, nice gun but I couldn’t hit the side of a barn from the inside with it.

View Quote

I can shoot the teats off a gnat with mine. 2001 or so manufacturer.

Guess the moral of the story is QC can be a roulette wheel.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]
For me it was a PSL-54 and a Omega UMP 9mm. The PSL "looked" like a SVD Dragunov and scratched the itch...til I realized its not, good gun, just wasnt a Dragunov. The Omega UMP in 9mm, at least my particular one, just never wanted to function properly. Constant misfeeds and me sending it back to Omega...looks cool on the wall at least.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Kimber Pro CDP 1911
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By nikonov:
For me it was a PSL-54 and a Omega UMP 9mm. The PSL "looked" like a SVD Dragunov and scratched the itch...til I realized its not, good gun, just wasnt a Dragunov. The Omega UMP in 9mm, at least my particular one, just never wanted to function properly. Constant misfeeds and me sending it back to Omega...looks cool on the wall at least.
View Quote

Find a German .45 barrel and bolt and it’ll run awesome.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
HK USP Compact in .40. I bought it thinking it’d be the shit, then I shot it and immediately hated it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
HK VP70Z.

I know you need a heavy trigger for lawyers, but c'mon 18-20lbs!?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt SP-1 back in 89. About as accurate as a Ruger Mini-14 from the same timeframe.
Micro Uzi. Looked cool but stupid and pointless as a semi with no stock.
Wilson Combat CQB. Hammer followed the slide a few times. Went back to Wilson twice and still put a round through the floor.
Tavor. Vastly underwhelming.
Colt Huntsman. Tried two of them and they were jammamatics.
Winchester 94AE in 45 Colt. It used to crush the brass on extraction/ejection.
M1 Garand. Overhyped. I liked it more for what it represented as opposed to how it operated.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock 22, hated everything about it, never bought another since.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
1895s, handy lever gun but kicks like a mule with full power loads. Not selling either but have thought about it.

Ruger #1 in .375 H&H also punishing recoil. Was a celebratory day when i sold that beast.

Weatherby Mark V, definitely heavy to lug in mountains
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#14]
My ap5k has been horrible. had huge hopes for the clone being ok but should have just spent the money once and got the real thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#15]
HK 91.  

Horrible trigger, terrible accuracy, kicked far harder than a 7.62mm had any right to.  Mag release placed where no man could access it without completely moving their hand off the grip.  Boat anchor heavy and cumbersome - far more than the M16/203 combo I carried in the Army, and that had a 40mm grenade launcher under it.

Sold it and I’m still glad I did.  I love HK’s pistols, but their 90 series rifles are atrocious.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 1stID:
HK 91.  

Horrible trigger, terrible accuracy, kicked far harder than a 7.62mm had any right to.  Mag release placed where no man could access it without completely moving their hand off the grip.  Boat anchor heavy and cumbersome - far more than the M16/203 combo I carried in the Army, and that had a 40mm grenade launcher under it.

Sold it and I’m still glad I did.  I love HK’s pistols, but their 90 series rifles are atrocious.
View Quote

I agree for the most part, except for two things.  The one I had was very accurate with the scope I had on it.  Four deer kills, each with a single shot. And the paper target accuracy was good also.  I would also add another downside was the way the HK 91 threw out the empty casings into the next county.  Of course, with the fluted chamber, there was no sense trying to save the empties anyway; but anybody in the three lanes to your right were a bit annoyed with you.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SecondAmend:
I would also add another downside was the way the HK 91 threw out the empty casings into the next county.  Of course, with the fluted chamber, there was no sense trying to save the empties anyway; but anybody in the three lanes to your right were a bit annoyed with you.
View Quote

To be fair to the G3/PTR: Brass shot in a fluted chamber is totally re-loadable. I've reloaded over a thousand such cases- military and commercial, and they're still in circulation. Brass is easily malleable and those flute marks iron themselves out after another firing. An ejection port buffer is nearly a must. At least the brass is redirected to a pile closer by. The force is still considerable.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Any Mossberg or Henry. I don't understand the leg humping.

Springfield 1911's. I fucking LOVE 1911's. But every Springfield has had to go back. Granted, they come back to me running like a top, but why can't they get it right the forst time?

Ruger M77 with Mannlicher stock. Best looking rifle ever.....4 inches at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
First gun I ever bought. Mossberg 500. Then I bought an 835. Pump shotguns in general since the 870s I've shot were even bigger pieces of shite.  The 500 worked but compared to nicer semis, ain't nobody got time for dat.

I have several guns I'm not completely enamored with for one reason or another.  However, they're all contributing somewhat to my gun-nut appreciation of variety.

The few I may sell when Obama 2 steals the election aren't terrible, I just realized I won't be shooting them much.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Canik TP9 SFX. Hated the weird trigger, and most other things about it (since the trigger is the main selling point).

CZ75B. LOATHED that turd. But the Internet says it's great, so whatever. I hated it so much I avoid all CZ products.

Walther PDP. It's a higher quality piece than either the CZ or the Canik, but I just couldn't really warm up to it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Bond Arms Snakeslayer in 45LC/410. Very hard to shoot with my big hands.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:59:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#22]
Been a few through the years, learned from a friend that if you don't like it-dump it, nothing but steel, wood and plastic. Try it, don't like it, move on. A couple I really tried to like, multiple times.
Highlights
Sig Cross-mainly the folding stock, is the quality of a cheap cabinet hinge
Ruger Precision, clunky, ok accuracy-the attraction-cheap relative product.
MPX-pos, works, horribly inaccurate if suppressing-I may even remove it from the registry and sell it, then I would be sig free
CZ 75 Retro, horrible trigger
Didn't buy, had high hopes for and glad I handled a CZ Trail-oh boy what a failure
SA 35-I have meathooks but c'mon SA, dehorn that freaking tang!
Tavor
Ruger mini's-if I ever buy another, please kick me in the nuts and take the rifle to the trash heap
As much as PTR owners try to justify it--they are not and will never be HK-
Sig P320 platform, rode that train, hopped off and ran from the station, face it boys, the Glock and HK is a better gun platform.

Thing is, there's always a new shinny object-be smart, think it through, sort through the need and want, if you like to piddle, etc. Just remember that unless it's truly a rare collectable or some sentimental value, it's just taking up space. Make room, move on and unless you got it for free or dirt cheap-you do not make money.

The only new stuff I'm interested in is maybe the new HK compact if it ever makes it to the US, Marlin .357 "Dark" and the Beretta 80x to go with the 84/85's
And a Glock carbine!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lew:
This is the first instance I have ever seen of anyone complaining about the FAL's ergonomics.
View Quote
I don't remember the details, but sure remember it sucked the minute I touched it.   Charging handle on wrong side, mag release in some awkward place, IIRC.    Probably more, too.   I'll take an AR platform any day.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Ill agree with a few from above:

Garand
FAL
Romanian PSL (draganov style) 762x54
Cz 75b
G3 type I had in semi auto
Walther P99

Im going to add SKS
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
Garand
View Quote

Agreed. I love my M-14s, but, having shot a few, I never got the appeal of the Garand. My FN-49s and MAS semi-autos filled that niche in the collection better. They look nice, so there's that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:21:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tongo] [#26]
Anything Keltec

M1 Garand - Outdated Boat anchor

Shotguns - Outdated system

M1A - Outdated Boat anchor part II

Any WWII bolt action

AR-15 system for the win!

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tongo:

Shotguns - Outdated system

View Quote

WTF does outdated system mean?

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#28]
First LCP.  Jammed a lot and inaccurate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:17:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckMan123] [#29]
Delete
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#30]
HK USC, ran fine just felt over priced and cheaply made. Other are making blow back PCC that are similar for less. Only thing the USC has going for it it is in 45acp.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Three in recent memory. The first was the Sig P290RS. What an absolute dog shit of a pistol. The trigger was terrible, long, heavy with lots of creep. It was very ammo sensitive, and the magazines cost an arm and a leg despite being finicky and low capacity. I managed to trade it off years ago while they were still somewhat popular. I bought it originally because I was looking for a small single stack 9mm for deep concealment. This was pre-P365 era and pistols like the 290 and 938 were about the smallest of the sub compact 9s on the market.

Speaking of the 938, that is the other one that sucked. I had bought a nice equinox version. For a single action, the trigger was just okay but the real problem were the constant parts breaking. I broke two extractors and a trigger pin. While Sig fixed it, I had lost all confidence in the pistol. I traded it off to a gunsmith I know for some work. I did let him know about the issues I had with it.

Finally the Beretta Nano. Another pistol that turned out to be a turd. It was a striker fired pistol that some how had a trigger that felt like a DAO trigger. It was very unreliable even with some FMJs. Capacity was low and while it looked like it had a slide release, for some reason Beretta USA didn’t give it one. What was interesting is that it had an FCU like the P320 or P365 but for some reason Beretta never took advantage of this feature short of offering various different colored modules. The Nano had some really neat features but the final product was just lacking. It is as if Beretta had a road map for the Nano but never capitalized on it. If they sorted out the reliability issues and tuned the trigger up, it had a lot of potential. With the FCU construction and other neat features like easily replaceable sights, it would have been a hit. Especially if Beretta offered various slide and frame options for it. Beretta has done the same disservice to their APX line of pistols. They have the FCU but are not really using it the way Sig has with the P320 and P365. Shame.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jetpig:
Weatherby Accumark.  Looks great for a 4 MOA rifle.
View Quote

No shit. I have one in 300 weatherby and is supposed to have a Kreiger barrel. It may but it sucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Draco
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

Why?
View Quote

short sight radius, short range/velocity, special parts, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#37]
FN scar.... every time I buy one thinking I'll love it and then I just end up getting tired of it in a year or 2
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By m1ajunkie:
FN scar.... every time I buy one thinking I'll love it and then I just end up getting tired of it in a year or 2
View Quote

I damn near bought a SCAR 17 back in 2020. I ended up passing, because I figured it would never overcome the eventual buyer's remorse.

Maybe I SHOULD have, considering what they're going for now. I sure wouldn't have lost money finding out.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Masterpiece Arms mp9t

This thing was a real turd haha

It was side charging with a top pic rail thought it would be a fun novelty.

The top pic rail was just screwed on and as I fired it sheared the screws and the top pic rail fell off….figured ok well screw the rail then continued to fire more and the whole charging handle assembly sheared and where they bolted it on sheared off as well. Just an awful gun.

Not to mention the horrendous trigger slap felt like someone was breaking my finger and the mags sucked to load.

After that anything made by radical firearms that company is a dumpster fire imo
Many many issues.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#40]

GSG-5. It was an early model MP5 knockoff in 22lr.

what a pile of shit. wouldnt feed. wouldnt cycle. nice 1k piece of airsoft quality plastic.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Ruger mini 14. Cheap bootleg of better guns

Glock 19 gen 4. BTF bukakke wsd hred fixed it though

Walther PPQ. Trigger developed noticeable grit in under 50 rounds.

Keltec p32. I inherited one from a co worker, was in the box with all the parts. I aksed kel tec if i could send it in and have them put it back together and that I'd happily pay. They ghosted me then after i reached out again, they were massive dicks about it.

Remington 870. Rustbucket turd stick

Mosins. The finn conversions are good, but thats about it. Was fun to buy one for $80 and maybe find something interesting, but now you can get some mausers for the same price, or a garand from the CMP for a bit more

Usp .40 compact. Meh. I like DA/SA, but it should only be DA/SA, not some bastardized DA/SA/SAO thing.

Every blowback pcc. Save for the hipoint. Like c'mon. Ill give hipoint a pass because the whole idea is it's supposed to be cheap, but how many pcc's out there are pushing $2k and still have a worse recoil impulse than a 5.56 rifle.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Kimber solo 9mm.

I got on a waiting list when they first came out. I wanted a small concealable pistol. What a dissatisfying experience. The magazine spring was too strong to allow you to load all the cartridges. If you managed to force the last one in it caused the gun to malfunction and jam. It was a smaller gun and the slide was low with no tang on the back of the grip, so it would catch the web of my thumb every time I fired it causing it to jam. The magazine release button stuck out needlessly far and was poorly placed which caused frequent accidental dropping of the mag from my thumb on recoil.
  So, picture of the situation. I’m I’m confronted by an assailant, and I’m forced to fire the gun. To start with the magazine isn’t full, and when I fire it, the webbing of my thumb gets painfully pinched in the slide which jams the gun. The magazine drops to the ground, and I’m jumping around, trying to get my thumb unstuck from the slide.
Just what you want for a self defense pistol.

For the record I have large hands, but after I dumped the solo I purchased a Ruger LC9 and it works perfectly.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#43]
HK SP5
Any revolver
FN PS90
PSA Rock 5.7
Wilson EDC X9
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:
Ruger mini 14. Cheap bootleg of better guns

Glock 19 gen 4. BTF bukakke wsd hred fixed it though

Walther PPQ. Trigger developed noticeable grit in under 50 rounds.

Keltec p32. I inherited one from a co worker, was in the box with all the parts. I aksed kel tec if i could send it in and have them put it back together and that I'd happily pay. They ghosted me then after i reached out again, they were massive dicks about it.

Remington 870. Rustbucket turd stick

Mosins. The finn conversions are good, but thats about it. Was fun to buy one for $80 and maybe find something interesting, but now you can get some mausers for the same price, or a garand from the CMP for a bit more

Usp .40 compact. Meh. I like DA/SA, but it should only be DA/SA, not some bastardized DA/SA/SAO thing.

Every blowback pcc. Save for the hipoint. Like c'mon. Ill give hipoint a pass because the whole idea is it's supposed to be cheap, but how many pcc's out there are pushing $2k and still have a worse recoil impulse than a 5.56 rifle.
View Quote

The Beretta CX4 is a blow back PCC but the combination of a stiff recoil spring and a honking huge ass bolt carrier makes it recoil pretty light. You can find them for $700. It is a fan favorite as a range day blaster.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]
HK P30. I wanted to love it so much but trigger sucked for a hammer gun even after being upgraded and for whatever reason couldn’t shoot it for anything. Went back to glocks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#46]
SIG Sauer P239

Too heavy for the firepower it brought to the table.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GeeLeDouche:

GSG-5. It was an early model MP5 knockoff in 22lr.

what a pile of shit. wouldnt feed. wouldnt cycle. nice 1k piece of airsoft quality plastic.
View Quote

I have an HK licensed Umarex MP5 and the only time it ever failed was when something got jammed under the extractor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By txgp17:
SIG Sauer P239

Too heavy for the firepower it brought to the table.
View Quote

I used to work with a guy who, for that reason, installed the 357Sig barrel/mag setup.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
Keltec Sub2000

Keep in mind I did not have super high expectations like it was going to be the ultimate backpack gun or something. I got a really good deal on a used gen1 probably 6 years ago thinking this will be fun as hell. I absolutely did not enjoy it one little bit. I bought a heavy charge handle and bolt buffer from Mcarbo and that helped a bit but it still wasn't something I could get into. I ended up trading it for 1200 rounds of 5.56 and 800 rounds of 9mm.
View Quote

Yeah , me too. Bought one based mostly on the size of the crazy little flat cardboard box it came in. Never expected to use it for self defense or other serious use. I expected it to be just a screwing around toy for the range . The nasty plastic flex-o-matic trigger just didn't help the feel if the whole thing and the stock really was a pretty bad fit for me . the cheek weld didn't work very good either.

Kinda close to being a real cool gun but didn't hit in many areas.

I shot a friends gun , that I guess was a early model , possibly a prototype that was very similar but mostly real metal . This gun fit me way better and had a bit of weight to it that made it a pretty good shooter , If I ever saw one I would grab it up in a heartbeat.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top