Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Well it only took them a few days to get me the docusign, that's pretty quick considering I ordered the silencer from Griffin directly and I assume they had to coordinate to get the SN.  I also got approval yesterday for my latest Form 1 SBR and that only took 12 days from submittal (probably only 5 days from receiving my prints).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Well it only took them a few days to get me the docusign, that's pretty quick considering I ordered the silencer from Griffin directly and I assume they had to coordinate to get the SN.  I also got approval yesterday for my latest Form 1 SBR and that only took 12 days from submittal (probably only 5 days from receiving my prints).

How long ago was that?

Originally Posted By aksahsalahs:
Bought a Jolene thru Capitol Armory Thursday. First with them handling Form4, timeline so far below.

4-4-24 Purchased
4-5-24 Link to Setup account and upload fingerprints
4-5-24 DocuSign'd

I'll update this post as I certify and such

There goes my theory about them being backlogged. I guess I’ll call first thing Monday.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered my first "to your door" suppressor from Griffin on 03/14, submitted picture and prints the next day.

signed the forms on 03/16,

certified and submitted on 03/18.  

Approved on 03/27, did the 4473 on 03/28

Just got the CLEO notification email on 04/06.

Purchased another one from Griffin on 04/02, and then after a few too many. I ordered an in stock suppressor from Capitol on 04/05.  Signed the forms for both today, waiting for the ready to certify email.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
For the guys who have gone through the whole process, how long does it normally take from completing the 4473 to shipping?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:
For the guys who have gone through the whole process, how long does it normally take from completing the 4473 to shipping?
View Quote

I had one day and then less than one day. the one I did on the 19th was next day. took me 5 mins to do the form, the shipped it off to sherif next day
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Shipping the can to you?  I just got two delivered today.

Approved 3/21 (Thursday)
Received draft 4473 to sign and returned that night 3/21 (Thursday)
CA sent 4473 to CLEO 3/25 (Monday)
CLEO acceptance 3/28 (Thursday)
Shipped* 4/5 (Friday)
Arrived at my door 4/6 (Saturday)

* Note, got shipping email on Wednesday 4/3, but it only showed label created on Monday 4/1.  On 4/5, it showed handed off to UPS from the FL dealer.  The shipping from CA in TX to the FL dealer isn’t shown, but apparently the can was already in FL when the 7 days was up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Shipping the can to you?  I just got two delivered today.

Approved 3/21 (Thursday)
Received draft 4473 to sign and returned that night 3/21 (Thursday)
CA sent 4473 to CLEO 3/25 (Monday)
CLEO acceptance 3/28 (Thursday)
Shipped* 4/5 (Friday)
Arrived at my door 4/6 (Saturday)

* Note, got shipping email on Wednesday 4/3, but it only showed label created on Monday 4/1.  On 4/5, it showed handed off to UPS from the FL dealer.  The shipping from CA in TX to the FL dealer isn’t shown, but apparently the can was already in FL when the 7 days was up.
View Quote

Yes, the cans are staged with your local SOT. Once my local SOT ships my CA can to me, I get it the next day. The only issue is my local SOT is not exactly the most diligent in getting my can shipped which has been my only gripe with CA. The folks at the home office in TX are really great, though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeepsnguns81] [#7]
I wonder if the can(s) is shipped to the local dealer when the Form 4 is submitted?

My Eform was submitted on 4/2.
I received approval on 4/3.
Did the 4473 on 4/3 as well.
Now I'm on the pending 4473 step.  

Maybe the approval beat the can getting to the local dealer.

ETA:  Before someone infers it, I'm not complaining at all, just trying to get familiar with the process as I see myself doing several more with CA
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Need some guidance fellas, been out the game for a minutes

Im debating on what can to get, and Im stuck. I have 1 300BO (no subs) and everything else is 5.56 (shot & long barrel), 9mm, and .22LR.

I was debating a multi cal can to handle 300, 5.56 and 9mm. For that, Id have to get some 300 subs and a new rail since my existing has my compensator half tucked in the rail, and its too narrow to fit a can.

2 of my 5.56 (11.3 and 12.3) have ASR flash hiders so that I can attach the SilencerCo blast shield.

9mm I have only 1 threaded barrel currently and no subs, so would have to get more barrels and ammo.

Are there better options, given what I have, than just using the ASR attachment? I already know Im going to have to purchase more muzzle devices for whatever I get, but if I go ASR Im already in the good for 2.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if the can(s) is shipped to the local dealer when the Form 4 is submitted?

My Eform was submitted on 4/2.
I received approval on 4/3.
Did the 4473 on 4/3 as well.
Now I'm on the pending 4473 step.  

Maybe the approval beat the can getting to the local dealer.

ETA:  Before someone infers it, I'm not complaining at all, just trying to get familiar with the process as I see myself doing several more with CA
View Quote

The 4473 process is going to take a week and a half to complete.  More than enough time for the can to get from Texas to your in-state shop, if it isn’t already there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Have any of you guys tried the NFA Review discount code lately?  It worked on my last purchase a few weeks ago, but now says it's an invalid code for me.

The same discount code was in his latest video.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#11]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

How long ago was that?

There goes my theory about them being backlogged. I guess I’ll call first thing Monday.
View All Quotes

How long ago was that?

Bought a Jolene thru Capitol Armory Thursday. First with them handling Form4, timeline so far below.

4-4-24 Purchased
4-5-24 DocuSign'd

3/27 - Ordered can from Griffin via Griffin's website
3/28 - Initial emails received from Cap Armory
4/1 - Completed CA instructions (create a profile etc) and mailed fingerprints, paid tax stamp
4/2 - Received package from Griffin (non-NFA items included with the suppressor purchase like the taper mount)
4/6 - Received email from CA to sign Form 4, completed same day
4/7 - Received email from CA to certify Form 4 submission, completed 4/8

11 days from order to submission, pretty damn efficient considering 2 weekends in there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
We can do form 3s with CA shipped to your door service?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I'm a little confused on that post. Especially as all that is just the preamble to the actual approval waiting dance.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Yeah, I'm a little confused on that post. Especially as all that is just the preamble to the actual approval waiting dance.

View Quote

Mine?  I've got 20+ stamps, I know what that ATF wait time is/can be.  I didn't have any experience with the CA process, so I asked about it last page and answered someone likely in the same boat this page.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent CA an email about the delay from uploading fingerprints and getting the Docusign, somehow their system didn’t alert them my prints were uploaded. Got that taken care of and certified the form 4 this morning.

Quick and painless process and great customer service from CA.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent CA an email about the delay from uploading fingerprints and getting the Docusign, somehow their system didn’t alert them my prints were uploaded. Got that taken care of and certified the form 4 this morning.

Quick and painless process and great customer service from CA.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#18]
^^ Also have a couple internet browsers available in case the screen share doesn't work

Earlier today I couldn't click even given control, either because of work IT policies or the fact my workstation is limited to Edge.  Chrome on my personal laptop worked fine.  Yes I know Edge basically Chrome.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]

4-4-24 Purchased
4-5-24 DocuSign'd

View Quote

I got this certified today.

4-7-24 email to certify, CA Closed
4-8-24 certified, took about 15 minutes on hold and about 5 minutes with the agent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
My Jolene showed up today!! Found our CAs local FFL is like 5 miles from my house. (Can I just pick it up there next time?? UPS scares me!)

My scale says the Jolene is 11.78oz. Can't wait to compare it to my Nomad L on the 6 Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:

Noice!

Is there a listing of their local dealers?
View Quote

Not that I am aware of, but the address will be on the package.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn you all who guilted me about shipping I just picked up an Oculus. Pumped to see what everyone is talking about and see just how slick the to the door process is. Thanks CA!
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Ah cool, thanks
View Quote

It’s on the Form 4 also.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I just did a thread outlining each step "Let The Wait Begin".  Short story is  25 days from order to delivery, 7 days alone was waiting on the CLEO notification.  I responded to each email within 1 day as did they, so other than weekends and Easter Holiday, there was no time wasted.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#27]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

It’s on the Form 4 also.
View All Quotes

Ah cool, thanks

It’s on the Form 4 also.

Box 3a to be exact.

FWIW. I contacted CS last year and asked about that since the dealer in my state is only 3 hours north. I was told the dealer in my state doesn’t have a storefront or something to that effect. Not sure if it’s different in other states or not.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm guessing they are swamped right now, but it's been 4 days since I docusigned the forms, and still waiting for the ready to certify email.  My last one it came the next day after signing everything.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
I'm guessing they are swamped right now, but it's been 4 days since I docusigned the forms, and still waiting for the ready to certify email.  My last one it came the next day after signing everything.
View Quote

I uploaded prints and was waiting on the Docusign email and hadn’t heard anything for a few days so I emailed them.  They told me the automated process that is supposed to alert them I completed the previous step of uploading prints hadn’t and they would have their IT team look into it.

I’m sure they are swamped but you may be having a similar issue, no sense waiting indefinitely. Reach out to them via email, I got a response within an hour or two (on a Saturday night no less).
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Got a shipping email 4/7, 7 day wait over on 4/8, tracking still shows nothing 4/10.
Hoping it ships today and gets here Friday.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#31]
3/27 - Ordered can from Griffin via Griffin's website
3/28 - Initial emails received from Cap Armory
4/1 - Completed CA instructions (create a profile etc) and mailed fingerprints, paid tax stamp
4/2 - Received package from Griffin (non-NFA items included with the suppressor purchase like the taper mount)
4/6 - Received email from CA to sign Form 4, completed same day
4/7 - Received email from CA to certify Form 4 submission, completed 4/8

4/10 - Form 4 approved and 4473 submitted
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Box 3a to be exact.

FWIW. I contacted CS last year and asked about that since the dealer in my state is only 3 hours north. I was told the dealer in my state doesn’t have a storefront or something to that effect. Not sure if it’s different in other states or not.
View Quote

I walked a buddy of mine in Arkansas through the whole process with CA. While messing around talking to him one night I looked up the Arkansas dealer and it was at a house, if Google maps are to be believed.

The one here in Florida is at a house also.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#33]

I walked a buddy of mine in Arkansas through the whole process with CA. While messing around talking to him one night I looked up the Arkansas dealer and it was at a house, if Google maps are to be believed.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Box 3a to be exact.

Kolorado seems to be a well known member here who’s an FFL/gunsmith with a shop but probably also not really setup for F2F transactions. Given how much faster this is than the old way I’m fine with waiting but might not turn down the chance to save myself a couple weeks and CA some shipping money if that became an option.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#34]

I uploaded prints and was waiting on the Docusign email and hadn’t heard anything for a few days so I emailed them.  They told me the automated process that is supposed to alert them I completed the previous step of uploading prints hadn’t and they would have their IT team look into it.

I’m sure they are swamped but you may be having a similar issue, no sense waiting indefinitely. Reach out to them via email, I got a response within an hour or two (on a Saturday night no less).
View Quote

I emailed them today.  Got a response that there was an issue with my finger print file (same one that was used last time) and that they had fixed it.  Said I should receive the ready to certify email today.  Hoping it shows up before close of business.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Just received my Polonium. Was a paper file from last July. Don't have exact dates and times from the recent communications from CA, Cheif LEO notification etc, however this is my second can from CA (First was a SurgeX efiled that cleared in a couple days). I'll use them for here on out as I decide on other future purchases. Can't say enough how pleased I am with their entire process. Thanks much!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]

I emailed them today.  Got a response that there was an issue with my finger print file (same one that was used last time) and that they had fixed it.  Said I should receive the ready to certify email today.  Hoping it shows up before close of business.
View All Quotes

Nice! Their CS team is great.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#37]

4-8-24 certified, took about 15 minutes on hold and about 5 minutes with the agent.
View All Quotes

4-4-24 Purchased
4-5-24 DocuSign'd

The Jolene was approved today, and 4473 completed
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I certified on Monday.  
Took about 5 days from purchase to cert.
There were 16 in line when I called.
Who knows how long till approval.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Been stuck on CLEO part coming up on 3 weeks soon

What happens if the CLEO just lets the notification sit at the post office or refuses it?  Knowing the sheriff, that’s likely what has happened.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Xerith:
Been stuck on CLEO part coming up on 3 weeks soon

What happens if the CLEO just lets the notification sit at the post office or refuses it?  Knowing the sheriff, that’s likely what has happened.
View Quote

i think this is what happened to me a few months ago. they had to resend it to CLEO again before they could ship. added another week+ but whatever, you’ve already waited, another week or two isn’t much.
yeah, it’s annoying, but they make the process simple, so i let it go (it’s not CA’s fault).
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

i think this is what happened to me a few months ago. they had to resend it to CLEO again before they could ship. added another week+ but whatever, you've already waited, another week or two isn't much.
yeah, it's annoying, but they make the process simple, so i let it go (it's not CA's fault).
View Quote
I think this is why CA had previously had a suggested CLEO in a dropdown list, but now the ATF makes you choose your local PO chief or county sheriff.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#42]
What I still don't understand is how the CLEO part delays anything?  When I build a Form 1 can/sbr/sbs etc, I just drop off a copy of my Form 1 at the Sheriff's office.  

In this circumstance, is the CLEO supposed to respond to CA?  Acknowledging receipt or something?  I know the Sheriff well enough I'd tell him what to expect but I don't know what he should expect.

ETA: Not even my first mail order can My first Form 4s were in 2007 and done by mail.  One day my suppressors and approved forms just showed up at my door.  I don't remember anything to do with a 4473 (though at that time I had to and did get a CLEO signature on the form 4s).
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#43]
What I still don't understand is how the CLEO part delays anything?  When I build a Form 1 can/sbr/sbs etc, I just drop off a copy of my Form 1 at the Sheriff's office.  

In this circumstance, is the CLEO supposed to respond to CA?  Acknowledging receipt or something?  I know the Sheriff well enough I'd tell him what to expect but I don't know what he should expect.

ETA: Not even my first mail order can My first Form 4s were in 2007 and done by mail.  One day my suppressors and approved forms just showed up at my door.  I don't remember anything to do with a 4473 (though at that time I had to and did get a CLEO signature on the form 4s).
View Quote

This is different from the CLEO notice. Because its a "non over the counter 4473" Per the regs a copy of the 4473 has to be sent to the CLEO, they have to acknowledge that they received it, and a mandatory 7 day wait is required.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
I certified on Monday.  
Took about 5 days from purchase to cert.
There were 16 in line when I called.
Who knows how long till approval.
View Quote

Just got my approval email.
So approx 72 hours from cert to approval.

The 7 day CLEO step is a little puzzling.
I have done a few Form 1's and those were just letters.
My other suppressors were paper form4's and I picked them up after LGS informed me they received approval paperwork.
That was with trusts.  

This is my first individual.
Did ATF change the CLEO process once eform4's were allowed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#45]

This is different from the CLEO notice. Because its a "non over the counter 4473" Per the regs a copy of the 4473 has to be sent to the CLEO, they have to acknowledge that they received it, and a mandatory 7 day wait is required.
View Quote

Ah thank you for the clarification.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Not CA related, but I didnt want to start a new thread, so figured Id ask here since its got traffic.

Are eForm 1s for SBR being approved as quickly as eForm 4s currently? Or is it just the 4s?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#47]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Not CA related, but I didnt want to start a new thread, so figured Id ask here since its got traffic.

Are eForm 1s for SBR being approved as quickly as eForm 4s currently? Or is it just the 4s?
View Quote

For me, as an individual, yes, or nearly so. (F4 in 2 days vs F1 in 3 from receipt of fingerprint cards)

For my friend with a trust (that already owns other NFA items, so not new) filing on the same exact day, no.  Significantly longer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#48]

For me, as an individual, yes, or nearly so. (F4 in 2 days vs F1 in 3 from receipt of fingerprint cards)

For my friend with a trust (that already owns other NFA items, so not new) filing on the same exact day, no.  Significantly longer.
View All Quotes

Thanks! Im going to do them individual to stay in the "fast" lane
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks! Im going to do them individual to stay in the "fast" lane
View Quote

Yeah I haven't used my trust since 41p.  Not that I begrudge anyone else for it, just no point for me personally since the vast majority of my NFA stuff is Form 1 with little to no value.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#50]
My Obsidian 9 was delivered today.
Looks like 3/7 to 4/11 total time.
Not too bad. Also shoutout to CA CS. I emailed asking if I could pay for one of the "oven mits" and have it added to my shipment, they threw it in no charge.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top