Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

DA Sierra 5 Issues Thread (Page 4 of 42)
Page / 42
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 8:32:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

99% chance it’s good to go right?  And PedoJoe got 81 million votes as well…..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Look, I respect Todd, and I want DA to succeed
I own a sandman and Wolf9, and have a Sierra5 pending.
The sierra5 was meant to take 556, never spoke to Jobs but I don’t think and iPhone was - probably meant to be dropped 4’ though.

I think 40% from the poll/discussion is horseshit. But even 4% is probably out of any manufacturing quality metric, period.

I do have a dog in this fight but I think this subject has been overly dramatic. My Sierra5 lasted one mag dump. We’ll see how it goes upon approval.

99% chance it’s good to go right?  And PedoJoe got 81 million votes as well…..

99%?  70/7000 fucked up cans? Maybe
700/7000? Probably not

I’m confident in the repair process. Timeline seems to be shit, lack of proactive communication is shit (but expected).

Like I said, I have a dog in the fight and I can’t do shit about it

And fuck Joe Biden
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Since I've been posting updates in here publicly, I'm happy to report a positive one:

My profession/obligations were causing a particular logistics problem with the repair process of my Sierra-5. This is why I was desperate to communicate with DA ASAP. I wasn't trying to ask for special treatment per se (nor do I deserve any), but it was a potential extra pain in the ass for all parties involved. Anyway, Mr. Magee and Mr. Nique have worked to resolve that in the best way possible for me and I appreciate it.

Please note that all of the others that have RMAs in process will get theirs back well before I'm able to get mine so it wasn't some special fast-track deal.

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone who knows whats happening can see quality isn't their game. It's marketing and numbers. When you have companies like surefire and griffin who manufacture everything in house, QC each step, and actually innovate the choice is clear. The huxwrks cans weren't my jam (at least the 556k, haven't heard the 762ti yet), but I give them a lot of credit for under promising and over delivering. The exact opposite of DA.

I heard griffin is finishing construction on a 60,000sqft manufacturing plant. I dont care about what people think about internet posts. Quality product is what matters to me, and you cant make a compilation like this ( https://imgur.com/a/cfIPB ) with only 5 minues of searching on anyone except dead air.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of you need to turn off the internet for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Some of you need to turn off the internet for awhile.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:26:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#6]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

Plural?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ian187:

Other than the Nomads with bad welds that fired down range, right?

Plural?

@ian187
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]

@ian187
View All Quotes

Other than the Nomads with bad welds that fired down range, right?

Plural?

@ian187

Are you confused by the use of an S to indicate plurality? You don't have to nag me, you can search for it yourself. Everything I've posted in this thread is publicly available.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Can we keep this on topic like OP wanted instead of discussing griffin manufacturing facilities and nomad welds?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NesralG:

@NC_Parrothead

Dumped another 200 rounds thru mine yesterday, max load of H335 and Hornady 55gr fmj pills. Still holding strong. That puts me at 500-ish rounds.

Good to see this thread is staying on track

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/577174/20230528_085304_jpg-2887770.JPG
View Quote

I appreciate the update. Hoping mine will be a good one once it's approved. Hopefully before the end of the year.

And yeah, hopefully this thread will continue to be decent and not get stupid like the other one did. Would be nice if it would just be a place to report facts and save the drama for somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
I'm sure KGM is on the hook to correct the mistake their manufacturing line caused, at least I certainly hope so.
View Quote

This is where I'm at. Why all of the hate on Dead Air? Shouldn't KGM have caught this when they performed QA/QC checks or lack there of?

As one of received a Sierra 5 with "bad welds" or whatever is going on I'm having trouble understanding all of the animosity towards the designer and not the manufacturer. Especially those who don't own or are in the process of purchasing a Sierra 5.

It's manufacturing. At the end of the day shit happens.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#11]

Are you confused by the use of an S to indicate plurality? You don't have to nag me, you can search for it yourself. Everything I've posted in this thread is publicly available.
View Quote

Well, I’ve only seen the one thread.

(Edit to remove harsh language)

The Nomad is on my to be bought list, and I’d like to know if its an ongoing problem.

My question stands. Are there a plurality of Nomads with weld problems? Or just one?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 12-5_bang_gang:

This is where I'm at. Why all of the hate on Dead Air? Shouldn't KGM have caught this when they performed QA/QC checks or lack there of?

As one of received a Sierra 5 with "bad welds" or whatever is going on I'm having trouble understanding all of the animosity towards the designer and not the manufacturer. Especially those who don't own or are in the process of purchasing a Sierra 5.

View Quote

Do you KNOW it is KGM's fault? There are such things as design defects (as opposed to manufacturing defects). That seems to be treated as a foregone conclusion, but I doubt anyone outside DA and KGM has the publicly available information to know with certainty.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Well, I’ve only seen the one thread. You don’t have to be a shithead over a fucking question, that you dodged the first time. Just answer the fucking question, or apparently, don’t.

The Nomad is on my to be bought list, and I’d like to know if its an ongoing problem.

My question stands. Are there a plurality of Nomads with weld problems? Or just one?
View All Quotes

Well, I’ve only seen the one thread. You don’t have to be a shithead over a fucking question, that you dodged the first time. Just answer the fucking question, or apparently, don’t.

My nomad is my favorite can
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a bad S5 that has been RMA’d and I am here to caution everyone trying to calculate DPM based off an internet poll.  It will be wildly inaccurate and biased to the high side.  People with an issue will be approximately nine times more likely to report it versus someone with no problem.  In order to calculate DPM we need to know exactly how many cans were made and the real number of defective ones.  We don’t have that info.

We also don’t have that information for all makers so making comparisons is also impossible.  The S5 issue received a lot of visibility but it’s equally probable other makers have had similar issues that did not get the publicity due to smaller market share or better response strategy.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Part of the problem is DA didn’t have QA processes in place to find and correct the issue. A visual would’ve revealed at least one of the problems at the outset. Ultimately it is their product and their responsibility, but KGM also owns the issue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
I'm sure KGM is on the hook to correct the mistake their manufacturing line caused, at least I certainly hope so.

You’re completely glossing over the communication, or lack thereof, RMA timeline, etc
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Most folks didn't realize that DA subcontracts out the manufacturing of their cans.  I didn't until this issue came to light.  Further, people didn't give their money to KGM, they gave it it DA.  DA is KGM for all intents and purposes in this situation.  People don't know or care about subing work out.  

To answer your question as to why all the animosity, DA isn't telling its customers shit.  They aren't being transparent and it's angering people.  The better question is why is DA being so stubborn and ignoring the information people have been asking for.  I get it, shit happens, but how you handle it when it goes bad is so important.  DA has shit and continues to shit the bed on their public relations surrounding this issue.  The only thing I've gotten from DA is one of their employees in this forum acting like he's somehow the victim.  It would have been very easy for them to keep me and others as customers with some simple communication and info.  Instead they've insulted us and acted like asses.  I really don't see myself buying from them ever again and it's 100% on them and they way they've handled this.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View Quote

The ones I’ve encountered seem quite good.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]

You’re completely glossing over the communication, or lack thereof, RMA timeline, etc
View Quote

Maybe I'm an anomaly but I've had open communication with multiple people and been kept in the loop.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By peachy:

Do you KNOW it is KGM's fault? There are such things as design defects (as opposed to manufacturing defects). That seems to be treated as a foregone conclusion, but I doubt anyone outside DA and KGM has the publicly available information to know with certainty.
View Quote

I'm not putting the blame on anyone. It was just a question.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:05:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zentradi] [#21]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:

Most folks didn't realize that DA subcontracts out the manufacturing of their cans.  I didn't until this issue came to light.  Further, people didn't give their money to KGM, they gave it it DA.  DA is KGM for all intents and purposes in this situation.  People don't know or care about subing work out.  

To answer your question as to why all the animosity, DA isn't telling its customers shit.  They aren't being transparent and it's angering people.  The better question is why is DA being so stubborn and ignoring the information people have been asking for.  I get it, shit happens, but how you handle it when it goes bad is so important.  DA has shit and continues to shit the bed on their public relations surrounding this issue.  The only thing I've gotten from DA is one of their employees in this forum acting like he's somehow the victim.  It would have been very easy for them to keep me and others as customers with some simple communication and info.  Instead they've insulted us and acted like asses.  I really don't see myself buying from them ever again and it's 100% on them and they way they've handled this.
View Quote

Shit?  You have a lot of subjective opinions here, so let me try to dredge the turista and look for some peanuts.

Companies contract out manufacturing, this is normal.   Your premise is ignorant and your conclusion false.   For example, the beloved Vortex Razor 1-6's that dominated the LPVO market for a very long time were made in Japan.   the LED's used by many premier optics companies are made by LED companies.   Sometimes contracting doesn't go as hoped, such as when Dana produced frames that corroded for Toyota and just as Dead Air said they will stand behind their product, so did Toyota.   #1 Truck brand according to GD = Toyota.  

Dead Air has been transparent.   They have said that some welds were not ideal and they will stand behind their product.  What I gather from your post is you are caviling on the internet because what you expect has not been provided to your specifics.  

My subjective opinion of the situation is that Dead Air is responding with a higher level of emotional maturity than your carping.    I don't expect the parent company to start publicly faulting a contract facility or a vendor because it may look poorly toward people you may need to do business with in the future.   For example, and I make this inarticulate for your benefit, "Fuck doing business with those guys, they just talk shit about everyone they contract with."    

You talk about how they handle themselves, what I find is that you should address concerns about how you are handling yourself.  This last part is a huge open blanket statement to many people.     Because when you point a finger at someone calling them an ass, you should really wipe your own ordure off it first.  

(not a poop thread)
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

If the rear end on your truck goes out are you going to take it a Chevy dealership or the company that made it? If you give a licensed and bonded contractor a check to build you a house and find a pipe leaking 3 months later are you going to call the GC or chase down Joe Plumber?

They are profiting from selling it as their product. That makes it their responsibility. That's not even getting into the customer service aspect which is 100% on them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:37:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#23]
Originally Posted By zentradi:

Shit?  You have a lot of subjective opinions here, so let me try to dredge the turista and look for some peanuts.

Companies contract out manufacturing, this is normal.   Your premise is ignorant and your conclusion false.   For example, the beloved Vortex Razor 1-6's that dominated the LPVO market for a very long time were made in Japan.   the LED's used by many premier optics companies are made by LED companies.   Sometimes contracting doesn't go as hoped, such as when Dana produced frames that corroded for Toyota and just as Dead Air said they will stand behind their product, so did Toyota.   #1 Truck brand according to GD = Toyota.  

Dead Air has been transparent.   They have said that some welds were not ideal and they will stand behind their product.  What I gather from your post is you are caviling on the internet because what you expect has not been provided to your specifics.  

My subjective opinion of the situation is that Dead Air is responding with a higher level of emotional maturity than your carping.    I don't expect the parent company to start publicly faulting a contract facility or a vendor because it may look poorly toward people you may need to do business with in the future.   For example, and I make this inarticulate for your benefit, "Fuck doing business with those guys, they just talk shit about everyone they contract with."    

You talk about how they handle themselves, what I find is that you should address concerns about how you are handling yourself.  This last part is a huge open blanket statement to many people.     Because when you point a finger at someone calling them an ass, you should really wipe your own ordure off it first.  

(not a poop thread)
View Quote

Did you grab a thesaurus to type that?  I own a sub contracting business with hundreds of employees.  I would venture to guess I know inifntley more about contracting out work than you do.  "Your premise is ignorant and your conclusion false."  You type that and you don't explain why?  I have 2 Sierra 5's.  I have no privity (I used to be a lawyer too ) with KGS, but I do with DA.  So my premise is well informed and accurate.

And, "You have a lot of subjective opinions here," well, yes, aren't everyone's opinions subjective?  Wouldn't they otherwise be indisputable fact?

If you call DA's communication to date, transparent, cool, in the words of El Duderino (I'm not into the whole brevity thing) Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.  See how this works?  You have your opinion and I have mine.  Given the backlash online, it would appear that DA's handling of this is suboptimal or they wouldn't be getting so much shit over this.  I'm happy that you're happy with their response.  I think their response is a business 101 on how not to handle a fuck up. I find their response so inadequate that I'm in a position where I no longer want to purchase products from them and I will not likely recommend their products to others.  Do I need your permission to have that opinion?  I literally typed, "I get it, shit happens, but how you handle it when it goes bad is so important.,"  Do you believe how they are handling it can objectively be considered adequate without any opinions to the contrary of your view?

You quoted and responded to my reply to another member who asked a question and I gave my thoughts as to what was happening.  This is a discussion board and that was a discussion.  You then use a bunch of fancy words (I admittedly had to look up caviling...it's a good word and I am happy to have learned it ty), but you have no actually thought to add.  So your post was really, "I disagree and I'm fine with how they're responding."  ok, neat.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:

Did you grab a thesaurus to type that?  I own a sub contracting business with hundreds of employees.  I would venture to guess I know inifntley more about contracting out work than you do.  "Your premise is ignorant and your conclusion false."  You type that and you don't explain why?  I have 2 Sierra 5's.  I have no privity (I used to be a lawyer too ) with KGS, but I do with DA.  So my premise is well informed and accurate.

And, "You have a lot of subjective opinions here," well, yes, aren't everyone's opinions subjective?  Wouldn't they otherwise be indisputable fact?

If you call DA's communication to date, transparent, cool, in the words of El Duderino (I'm not into the whole brevity thing) Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.  See how this works?  You have your opinion and I have mine.  Given the backlash online, it would appear that DA's handling of this is suboptimal or they wouldn't be getting so much shit over this.  I'm happy that you're happy with their response.  I think their response is a business 101 on how not to handle a fuck up. I find their response so inadequate that I find myself in a position where I no longer want to purchase products from them and I will not likely recommend their products to others.  Do I need your permission to have that opinion?  I literally typed, "get it, shit happens, but how you handle it when it goes bad is so important.,"

You quoted and responded to my reply to another member who asked a question and I gave my thoughts as to what was happening.  This is a discussion board and that was a discussion.  You then use a bunch of fancy words (I admittedly had to look up caviling...it's a good word and I am happy to have learned it ty), but you have no actually thought to add.  So your post was really, "I disagree and I'm fine with how they're responding."  ok, neat.

You sound like you have an emotional connection to this that prevents you from being impartial?  It just seems odd that my post got you that riled up tbh.
View Quote

If you can't post in a technical discussion without using profanity to prove your point then there is no better reply I can give you than that the National Crisis Line 988 is available 24 hours a day if you need it.   Just call or text 988.  

Best wishes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll take that as your way of saying, "sorry I was wrong."  I accept your apology.  And since you're trying to take some sort of white knight high road, you should consider that you made a joke about a suicide hotline?  I would expect someone of your mental superiority to know better.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Maybe I'm an anomaly but I've had open communication with multiple people and been kept in the loop.
View All Quotes

I’m happy to hear that
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#27]

I’m happy to hear that
View Quote

To you as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:10:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By prebans:

@norinco982lover

I’m about to ban the offending users from the entire suppressor forum.

First time will be for a week or two.  Then a month.  And so on.

There’s more BS in the Suppressor forum than all of the other NFA forums combined.  That WILL end.
View Quote

Suppressor forum has more traffic than all the NFA forums combined
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#31]

@norinco982lover

There’s more BS in the Suppressor forum than all of the other NFA forums combined.  That WILL end.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
Guys, we nicely asked that you not get this thread locked. Your personal attacks are going to lock this down just like the other thread.

Mods, can you just ban the offending users from the thread?

@norinco982lover

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Guys, we nicely asked that you not get this thread locked. Your personal attacks are going to lock this down just like the other thread.

Mods, can you just ban the offending users from the thread?
View Quote

My apologies. I’ll clean up my post.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Same.  My two Nomads are my favorite cans so far.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I have two S5s ordered from the launch batch. So far… each of them has a few hundred rounds on them but I haven’t had any rattling or movement of the blast baffle.
I didn’t vote in the poll as I don’t know if they will develop the issue down the road, though.

Strangely enough… I did get a wolverine at roughly the same time as my two S5s and after a 100-200 rounds that one did have a rattling baffle. I sent it back into the DA…they got me an RMA and responded the same day. This was in March and I still don’t have the wolverine back.

Communication has been pretty sparse with DA as I’ve asked for a status update once a month once it hit 60 days. They have been pretty good about getting back to me… but not with any information past “we emailed the tech for an update”.

Overall the RMA process has left plenty to be desired, but at the same time, as long as it gets repaired correctly, the only thing I can do is be patient. All eight of my cans are dead air and I’ve been happy with their performance so far… But even as someone that has “bought in” to this company, the past few months have really not been a good look.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Interesting, the Wolverine also has Stellite baffles I believe.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Esizer:
I have two S5s ordered from the launch batch. So far… each of them has a few hundred rounds on them but I haven’t had any rattling or movement of the blast baffle.
I didn’t vote in the poll as I don’t know if they will develop the issue down the road, though.

Strangely enough… I did get a wolverine at roughly the same time as my two S5s and after a 100-200 rounds that one did have a rattling baffle. I sent it back into the DA…they got me an RMA and responded the same day. This was in March and I still don’t have the wolverine back.

Communication has been pretty sparse with DA as I’ve asked for a status update once a month once it hit 60 days. They have been pretty good about getting back to me… but not with any information past “we emailed the tech for an update”.

Overall the RMA process has left plenty to be desired, but at the same time, as long as it gets repaired correctly, the only thing I can do is be patient. All eight of my cans are dead air and I’ve been happy with their performance so far… But even as someone that has “bought in” to this company, the past few months have really not been a good look.
View Quote

Yow, at least 4ish months for a can repair?  Hopefully my Nomads never have problems.  It will be interesting to see how things go when repaired S5s start rolling back out.  Hopefully they are FIXED FIXED.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't have a dog in this fight, I somehow didn't order one of these on release...but I do remember these cans taking forever to come out (the Dead Air 556 rumors lasted for years). What I'm curious about is if the long delay to release these things was partially due to this durability issue that we're now seeing play out in real time. If that's the case, it's probably safe to assume that Dead Air and KGM believed the issue was solved. It will be interesting when this all shakes out to see if it was a material issue or a training failure (or both).
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Another 500 rounds through my suppressor today. Hosted an LE Gunfighter course today. Half the class came up to me to ask what suppressor I was using because it sounded so good.

It was 109˚ at the class, the gun was pretty damn hot after some of the strings, but everything ran well.

So I'm around 3k rounds through my S5 and am very pleased.

It sucks some of you are having problems, but I believe you'll be pleased with your suppressor once fixed!
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I’m not sure why DA isn’t saying some of these things more publicly, but I just got an email response back.

It would appear that they are 2 weeks response time to emails.

I emailed them asking if I could send my two Sierra 5’s in to be inspected (I haven’t shot them yet).  They replied: “Yes, we will be reaching out to you in the near future to get this completed on your two units.  We will get these inspected and get you fixed up!”

I don’t know who long it will be before we can send them in and how long it will take for them to be inspected and returned, but at least it will eventually be an option.

It would appear current cans have been in for over 3 months waiting to be repaired?  Does that sound about right?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#41]
Dead Air should QC KGM ... Dead Air should sample raw materials to make sure they meet spec ... because if you source out manufacturing on such controlled item ... you better dang make sure what you are SELLING is not broken ... and IF IT IS ... like how the Sierra 5 welds are questionable at this point ... Dead Air ... should recall them ... period ... but again ... maybe it isn't KGMs fault and the design is just flawed ... either way ... this issue should be recalled ...
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Surely the design can’t be flawed. Isn’t this a simple baffle style that’s been made for decades?
View Quote

I find it kind of hard to believe KG missed this many welds.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Surely the design can’t be flawed. Isn’t this a simple baffle style that’s been made for decades?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Dead Air should QC KGM ... Dead Air should sample raw materials to make sure they meet spec ... because if you source out manufacturing on such controlled item ... you better dang make sure what you are SELLING is not broken ... and IF IT IS ... like how the Sierra 5 welds are questionable at this point ... Dead Air ... should recall them ... period ... but again ... maybe it isn't KGMs fault and the design is just flawed ... either way ... this issue should be recalled ...

Sure ... but the design parameters/specs might not be working well ... I've seen this both ways ... usually when something like this happens ... it doesn't matter who builds your products and why ... what matters is that you released a flawed product/design ...

Take out the factor that this is an NFA item ... a blowing up suppressor is health issue ... who wants a ticking time bomb that can send shrapnel down range from a KNOWN issue ...

Before before someone chimes in that this could happen to other cans ... sure ... but once this is documented that the product is failing at a fairly high rate ... it has to be recalled ... vs waiting for it to fail ...vs waiting before someone gets hurt ...
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:

I find it kind of hard to believe KG missed this many welds.....
View Quote

It's either a material, design, or training issue. Hopefully we eventually get to find out which.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#46]
KGM silencers sell for $300-400 on Bereli website...if that tells you anything about quality.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#47]
KGM silencers sell for $300-400 on Bereli website...if that tells you anything about quality.
View Quote

Selling price reveals very little about quality.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Which they bought on closeout as KGM made the business decision to get out of commercial sales of their branded silencers.

Price has nothing to do with quality in this instance.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

People screw up mundane things all the time. Not saying this is the case with DA, but a lot of times with simpler or more typical designs, people just take for granted it’ll work without doing sufficient calcs, modeling, testing, etc. “We’ve always done it that way” works until it doesn’t.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#50]

People screw up mundane things all the time. Not saying this is the case with DA, but a lot of times with simpler or more typical designs, people just take for granted it’ll work without doing sufficient calcs, modeling, testing, etc. “We’ve always done it that way” works until it doesn’t.
View All Quotes

Yup .. saw this in polymer manufacturing ... all the time ...
Page / 42
DA Sierra 5 Issues Thread (Page 4 of 42)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top