User Panel

CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 16 of 16)
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By voodochild:

Wonder if that will work with CGS cans that are left hand thread.
View Quote

I believe it’s the same mounting pattern as the sci-six muzzle devices. I’m debating getting into the CAT left hand thread stuff instead of Plan B.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

I believe it’s the same mounting pattern as the sci-six muzzle devices. I’m debating getting into the CAT left hand thread stuff instead of Plan B.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voodochild:

Wonder if that will work with CGS cans that are left hand thread.

I can confirm they will work. My cgs rep confirmed this. Noveske is making MDs as well. CAT has made the dimensions open source.

I don't remember the exact details but my rep had said that either the Sci six MD was too long for the odb/wb OR vise versa, but I imagine you could just compare the two and figure it out. I have Sci six stock and can measure the MD, but all my cat cans are hub threads.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Midwest Precision Shooting has done a bunch of RoF measurements as a proxy for back pressure.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/TAzgDnj7AYY7RDRG/?mibextid=WC7FNe
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#4]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

I can confirm they will work. My cgs rep confirmed this. Noveske is making MDs as well. CAT has made the dimensions open source.

I don't remember the exact details but my rep had said that either the Sci six MD was too long for the odb/wb OR vise versa, but I imagine you could just compare the two and figure it out. I have Sci six stock and can measure the MD, but all my cat cans are hub threads.
View Quote

What’s your opinion of the left hand CAT/CGS stuff? Worth getting over Plan B?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]

What’s your opinion of the left hand CAT/CGS stuff? Worth getting over Plan B?
View Quote

All of the taper/thread combos available seem to work well. Rearden/q stuff seems to be the most popular in my area. I use xeno stuff.

I don't like that the cat stuff doesn't have exposed wrench flats.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]

All of the taper/thread combos available seem to work well. Rearden/q stuff seems to be the most popular in my area. I use xeno stuff.

View Quote

Oof yeah that’s a turn off for sure.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The 14.5PW version of the Spooky1 has exposed wrench flats.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

The 14.5PW version of the Spooky1 has exposed wrench flats.
View Quote

I noticed that. The Noveske muzzle device also has them. I’m still up in the air between Plan B or CAT mounting systems. Basically the good old right-hand vs left-hand threads.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Got the CAT WB 718 out of jail for the day by BlueJay

CAT White Bread 718 HUB

Took this silencer out for a little test while it's in jail. It's performance is pretty nutty and it's really in a league of it's own imo.

It sounds really good, better than my LPM Torch and waaay better than my Flow 556k. It has low back pressure, not as low as the Torch with the vented cap but it's right there. The WB isn't to long, can use HUB mounts, this is a Deligent Defense Zilch. IT HAS WRENCH FLATS!

The WB really just has a very different sound signature than other cans and has like zero FRP. On my tuned 11.5 it was fantastic and on my untuned 16 inch midlength gun it was very good as well. The other shooter was left handed and thought it was totally fine. It's just very good sounding and to throw low back pressure on top of that is rad.

Really the only time I think I've heard 5.56 sound better was my Nomad L with a 556 endcap on a PWS upper with an H3 and heavy spring. And that's a waaaaaay larger can.

The silencer does weigh more than listed though, it weighs 13.9oz and it's listed at 12.8. There is variance in printed silencer weight but I have 5 other printed cans and between all of them put together they're .2oz heavier than listed.

Also the coating on the front of the can is messed up, it's just inconsistent across the endcap. I'll probably rattle can it so it doesn't matter but this is an $1100 silencer with a finish worse than an Anderson AR.

Overall it's basically the perfect 5.56 silencer. Sounds good, low back pressure, isn't long as fuck, doesn't weigh very much, no flash. It just really checks all the boxes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]

I noticed that. The Noveske muzzle device also has them. I’m still up in the air between Plan B or CAT mounting systems. Basically the good old right-hand vs left-hand threads.
View Quote

The regular ones have flats on the flash hider itself, not easy to see but a great idea.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DDS87:
Got the CAT WB 718 out of jail for the day by BlueJay

View Quote

With reviews like this I might have to consider picking up one, but I'm still hesitant from the initial clown fiesta. If I did it would only be the inconel which will probably not restock for half a year.

Has CAT every responded with a real answer to why people are measuring their cans at 1-2oz heavier than listed on their website? Variances in printing don't come close to explaining it.

Also have seen some photos of the baffles around 800 rounds and they, to me, seem to have quite a bit of erosion for inconel. It's hard to tell though without having a 1:1 unfired and fired one to compare to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:18:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuckyDucky] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#13]
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
So has anyone figured out who CAT actually is?

One of their first, if not the first, instagram post said whoever figures out gets a free suppressor.

Edit: their 4th post said:

"There has been a load of early internet intrigue into who we really are. Who are we? Are we all hype train? The newest marketing program of someone else? Is our shit any good? Are we going to get smashed by the big dogs? Why haven’t you heard about us? We’ve been lively answering questions yesterday but we stand here looking into our newest pressie box and thought - there’s some of the answers right in front for you. Closest to the truth gets a one-off ‘MIL’ coded TSF X hub model when we launch in October to the people. Happy Hunting you good folk."

https://i.imgur.com/kA34fjT.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cver6Z-McrV/
View Quote

Whomever they belong to they are keeping their heads down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Skunk Works division of CGS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got a CGS SCI SIX, and it came in the same plastic container used for cleaning, along with a t-shirt, and stickers…exactly how you receive the CAT suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
I just got a CGS SCI SIX, and it came in the same plastic container used for cleaning, along with a t-shirt, and stickers…exactly how you receive the CAT suppressors.
View Quote

Cgs does ship CAT Silencers, makes sense to have the same process and materials for final shipment prep.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By The_Sugar_Weasel:

Cgs does ship CAT Silencers, makes sense to have the same process and materials for final shipment prep.
View Quote

Gotcha.  I didn’t know that…definitely makes sense then.
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 16 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top