Page / 16
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:56:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#1]
……..
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By peachy:

Ok, but your posts about people eating their words suggest you know information about CAT that has yet to be made public. If that’s correct, do you mind sharing how you came to know that information?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Not_Wop:

Oh, I have a meme page on Instagram (the best one actually) and I made memes about them. Thats my "relationship" with CAT.

Ok, but your posts about people eating their words suggest you know information about CAT that has yet to be made public. If that’s correct, do you mind sharing how you came to know that information?

I asked them on Instagram, its not my info to divulge but you can surely go there and ask them
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]

I was saying that it would be radical for the good people of arfcom to wait until a company makes a website instead of speculating and using chatgpt to try and figure things out. I'm right.
View All Quotes

I was saying that it would be radical for the good people of arfcom to wait until a company makes a website instead of speculating and using chatgpt to try and figure things out. I'm right.

So consumers have to entertain these people while they become an actual business or they'll take their ball and go home? Oh geez, what a loss.

I can't even count how many times this story has played out in the last 20 years.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ECCO_Machine:

It's a very peculiar business model to be hostile and cryptic on message boards then expect customers to chase you down and dig for information on the product you want to sell them.

The right way for this outfit to have gone about it here would have been to have a paid industry account on a U.S. IP and use it to announce the product, provide clear & concise details about the product, and answer questions in friendly, respectful way.   Naughtykitty did the exact opposite, and whatever your stake is in this, you're not helping matters either.  At this point, I think it's safe to say that while many members here in this tech forum are curious, most are very unlikely to become customers.   Even if the product ends up being fantastic, if the CS and PR are shit with a newcomer in the industry, many people will walk away without a second thought and never look back.
View Quote

Well. His stake is creating meme stuff for them … that’s been established.

I just don’t understand why they can’t disclose who they really are … that would equal a ton of credibility if legit … but I think we probably know why they don’t …
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]

It's a very peculiar business model to be hostile and cryptic on message boards then expect customers to chase you down and dig for information on the product you want to sell them.

The right way for this outfit to have gone about it here would have been to have a paid industry account on a U.S. IP and use it to announce the product, provide clear & concise details about the product, and answer questions in friendly, respectful way.   Naughtykitty did the exact opposite, and whatever your stake is in this, you're not helping matters either.  At this point, I think it's safe to say that while many members here in this tech forum are curious, most are very unlikely to become customers.   Even if the product ends up being fantastic, if the CS and PR are shit with a newcomer in the industry, many people will walk away without a second thought and never look back.
View All Quotes

I asked them on Instagram, its not my info to divulge but you can surely go there and ask them

You can go back and look but the original thread was people just calling them hype, there were no technical questions besides you finding out who the parent company is (not REALLY a technical question) if I showed up and said your products were all hype would you really reply in a polite way?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

I just don’t understand why they can’t disclose who they really are … that would equal a ton of credibility if legit … but I think we probably know why they don’t …
View All Quotes

Go on, why won't they say who the parent company is. I'm genuinely curious about what your thinking is.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ian187] [#8]

You can go back and look but the original thread was people just calling them hype, there were no technical questions besides you finding out who the parent company is (not REALLY a technical question) if I showed up and said your products were all hype would you really reply in a polite way?
View All Quotes

The primary difference being that ECCO actually has a product. CAT has no products which logically means they are all hype at this point. Come back with something more than hype and a paid advertisement.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Go on, why won't they say who the parent company is. I'm genuinely curious about what your thinking is.
View Quote

Well. We really have no idea why they won’t share that info now so we … speculate.

It’s literally the dumbest decision I see in this whole role out. If they are so proud to be so Tier 1 … it shouldn’t be a secret. IT WOULD give them creditability … I’m not to say they haven’t been able to recruit dudes and gals that are known in the industry …

But just like Caracal … its ultimate ownership goes to the UAE … no thanks …
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By prebans:
As Ecco said, ITAR makes sharing of defense product details hell.  I have no idea how they intend to remain ITAR-compliant with defense data likely flowing into and out of the US.  
View Quote

This isn't that big of a deal. You file for a technical assistance agreement or DSP-5, disclose all the information about the parties. You disclose to the state department what the scope of what you want to disclose is, and they say yes or no. Then you're free and clear to exchange data (TAA) or send data over for someone to use with no back and forth exchange (DSP-5).
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Naughtykitty did the exact opposite, and whatever your stake is in this, you're not helping matters either.
View Quote

Both accounts were created on the same day. Pure coincidence I’m sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ian187:

The primary difference being that ECCO actually has a product. CAT has no products which logically means they are all hype at this point. Come back with something more than hype and a paid advertisement.
View Quote

Accusing me of being paid to advertise a company's product is not a technical question nor is it appropriate. I really wish the mods would show up and keep this as a technical discussion and not a chance for established company's to bad mouth the new guys. Your behavior has reflected poorly on you and your product.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 2:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECCO_Machine] [#14]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 2:39:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#15]

Accusing me of being paid to advertise a company's product is not a technical question nor is it appropriate. I really wish the mods would show up and keep this as a technical discussion and not a chance for established company's to bad mouth the new guys. Your behavior has reflected poorly on you and your product.
View Quote

I believe that you admitted that you've created meme t-shirts for CAT so yes ... you are being paid ... you will benefit from clicks ... your outfit gets exposure from all this ... unless your work is pro bono ... which I highly doubt ... so yep ... you DO have skin in the game from CAT's whatever efforts and their success ... am I wrong? or was that another newbie account that stated they were hired by CAT to create meme stuff ...

So are you suggesting that CAT is the victim in all this?!? Good grief ... they were the ones that started this Tier 1 ubercommando suppressor talk ... not the internet ... CAT DID ... so yeah expect getting ragged on when a newbie that no one ever heard of comes out swinging like that ... sit down with the victim attitude for CAT ... its not helping the matters at all.

Safe to say ... you need to stop covering for CAT if you do not have skin in the game ... you also need to stop posting in here unless it is 100% technical in nature ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ian187:

I'm an end user, I don't have a product for my posts to reflect poorly on. You aren't the paid advertisement I was talking about either. You seam like a shill though, as others have implied. You aren't simply a "new guy".

All this negative attention makes me wonder how long CGS is going to want to partner with this CAT outfit. My intuition is probably not long.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]
For people that don't have IG or Reddit. Here are some things I found posted. Hopefully to shed some light to all this nonsense stupid way of marketing stuff.

Direct posts from CAT or CGS:

CAT:

completely separate, as per the PR. We have our global manufacturing partner that could print in the US but we don’t have an actual factory or FFL. We’re an R&D team, normally we make IP and license to brands, hence why we’ve been in products you may know. So a year ago we were introduced to CGS (after we made a decision to stop hiding) and do our own brand. So CGS will receive suppressor only products, then use their details on the suppressor for ATF requirements but our model code, serial number it and put in packaging. They are a great team, been a pleasure to deal with from day one and make great products.

Question: The account. Just trying to get the noticed or will this account actually get serious about the offerings?

Answer: Haha, if you’re asking is this a Meme account, then no. Are we launching two months before time and spending some time a) laughing at previous companies guerrilla marketing and shit talking the market approach, and b) laughing at the purists losing their nuts over brand noise, yet they buy inferior quality product, then that’s a big yes. CAT product quality and results are all that matters, curated social media accounts and brands with operators, snakes, colors and industrial logos do not, and the civilian public need to wake up to that. We’re more serious, have more global R&D experience than 99% of the competition, our pedigree of IP exists in the worlds top T1 units today. So, yeah we’re serious.

Note: We’re here to disrupt. We’re not here to bend a knee to the Big Silencer machine, be told how to market, what to make, when to release product data, be told to drop our pants to prove we are real, or suck up to the base. Think we’re hype, don’t buy, plenty of companies out there selling. We will not portray ourselves as saviors or tell you if it’s not us you’re an idiot. Do what you want, and don’t buy into our marketing bullshit either (we’re having fun and messing around) because only product is real. Right now America is tearing itself apart, roasting each other on these forums, while hiding behind obscure usernames (how insane is it these same users want transparency). You want change, then be a CAT fan, we give two shits to the noise, and we’ll troll you back if you troll us.

Big love to our fans, thank you guys for the early support, we’re excited to launch in October. Catch us for a Q&A now once a week.

CAT replying to a vid they posted with a 2" can:

So is that a reflex design or is is just straight up 2” long?

specterscat

@the_c_chats nope, a screw in to a prototype flash hider cylinder.

CAT replying if they are South Korean:

You guys are South Korean aren’t you

specterscat
@justinwarren2 it gets out eventually. 😉

justinwarren2
@specterscat how does the stc 16 perform 😉

specterscat
@justinwarren2 Haha, nice try. But good is the answer, better when it’s helped by friends. 😉

CGS:

High gas flow, low toxicity, low blowback, low back pressure, low flash signature, low sound signature. Wait til you see what else the CAT ODB silencer is capable of. CGS is the US distributor for CAT products, glad CGS gets to work with the CAT line up 🐈‍⬛⚡️#specterscat #cgsgroup #nfa #sof #specialoperations #military #3dprinting #toxicity #silencershop #silencer #suppressor #suppressed #fullauto #beltfed #carbine

@josh_cgs_paco I missed the press release. Are you guys doing the manufacturing for them? @mig1nc No, finish machining and paperwork. It’s still linked in my bio.

CGS also posted about CGS Helios being used STC-16 carbine in Korea ... there have been some Korean #s on IG with all this ... STC-16 is SNT Motiv ... I am going to wage that CAT is lined up with S&T Motiv/DASAN ... and if so ... I am 100% ok with that ... but man ... their approach to all this still freakin' sucks ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#19]
IG says Singapore
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
IG says Singapore
View Quote

Where did you see that? I must have missed it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]

It can't be a technical discussion of the product when the people promoting on free accounts and shilling it here won't provide any technical information.

On that note, as all you have is false allegations, insults, red herrings and straw men, this dialogue is terminated.
View Quote

Thank God. For a moment I was worried you were gonna keep repeating yourself even though you'd been answered.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Where did you see that? I must have missed it.
View Quote

Click on their name.  Account based in Singapore
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
https://i.imgur.com/n29LVVc.png
View Quote

Could be false if using a VPN …
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By vincentvega6:
https://i.imgflip.com/7vde22.jpg
View Quote

Pretty much this  People bitch CAT isn't discussing technical info in a tech forum, CAT gets banned, people purse swing over non technical info in a tech forum while still bitching that CAT wasn't discussing technical info

Want technical info?  Head to their IG.  It's all there.  The flash testing video looks good, pewscience was impressed.

Exciting to see people taking advantage of DMLS as the science and material properties improve and cost decreases.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Could be false if using a VPN  
View Quote

If you have a business account on IG you can set it to whatever you want.

I'm curious what their proprietary inconel chemistry is what what improvements in material properties they got out of it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

I'm curious what their proprietary inconel chemistry is what what improvements in material properties they got out of it.
View All Quotes

Could be false if using a VPN  

It’s pretty common to change it for the algorithm
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Pretty much this  People bitch CAT isn't discussing technical info in a tech forum, CAT gets banned, people purse swing over non technical info in a tech forum while still bitching that CAT wasn't discussing technical info

Want technical info?  Head to their IG.  It's all there.  The flash testing video looks good, pewscience was impressed.

Exciting to see people taking advantage of DMLS as the science and material properties improve and cost decreases.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vincentvega6:
https://i.imgflip.com/7vde22.jpg

Half are upset for lack of company origin info (they don't really care as much as they act like they do), the other half for lack of technical/performance info (they just don't like waiting). Both groups are equally ridiculous.

Despite the sudden, abrasive display of naughty cat man's slightly annoying personality I'd still more likely give them monies before I devoted a single cent towards a Griffin or Q product.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Rather than nuking a non-tech thread, can we just move it to GD where it will get the treatment it deserves?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KM6:

Half are upset for lack of company origin info (they don't really care as much as they act like they do), the other half for lack of technical/performance info (they just don't like waiting). Both groups are equally ridiculous.

Despite the sudden, abrasive display of naughty cat man's slightly annoying personality I'd still more likely give them monies before I devoted a single cent towards a Griffin or Q product.
View Quote

Lol

Q sells nothing that interests me. If they did, I’d buy it. But they don’t. Griffin sells many products that interest me so I send them money quite regularly.

I don’t know if this super-secret Tier 1 suppressor startup has products that interest me or not because we’ve got fuckall for details and lots of edgelord posts from accounts created 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Rather than nuking a non-tech thread, can we just move it to GD where it will get the treatment it deserves?
View Quote

I second the motion. I’d have posted the initial thread in GD if I had any idea the direction it would go.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#32]
CGS also posted about CGS Helios being used STC-16 carbine in Korea ... there have been some Korean #s on IG with all this ... STC-16 is SNT Motiv ... I am going to wage that CAT is lined up with S&T Motiv/DASAN ... and if so ... I am 100% ok with that ... but man ... their approach to all this still freakin' sucks ...
View Quote

I also think it's Dasan Machinery Co., Ltd. (Korean) rather than Singaporean. Specifically, a DMLS derivative or advancement of this patent -

Silencer for firearms capable of discharging gas backwards

This flash hider/mounting system -
https://patents.google.com/patent/KR101861563B1/

https://patents.google.com/patent/KR101861562B1
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:45:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ctfish15] [#33]

View Quote

I think i posted the first reply in the original thread. And I asked cost? Weight? dB? Etc.  Was that answered?

Here is what I wrote

Jibber jabber until it's released.
Weight?
Size?
dB?
Cost?
Hub?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I don’t think either of those positions is ridiculous. If they did the same thing in October when the Pew review and product roll outs will purportedly go live, I expect this would have gone entirely differently.

As Bud Light is learning the hard way, know your target market before you roll out a marketing campaign. I don’t know where all CAT “launched,” but the reception did not appear much friendlier on Reddit, even with its very different culture/vibe.

I’m not writing them off, nor would I rule out buying their products in the future, but I don’t think they’ve done themselves any favors out of the gate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Interesting stuff. Imagine what’ll happen some day in the not-too-distant future when generative AI and additive manufacturing cross paths.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#36]

I don’t think either of those positions is ridiculous. If they did the same thing in October when the Pew review and product roll outs will purportedly go live, I expect this would have gone entirely differently.

As Bud Light is learning the hard way, know your target market before you roll out a marketing campaign. I don’t know where all CAT “launched,” but the reception did not appear much friendlier on Reddit, even with its very different culture/vibe.

I’m not writing them off, nor would I rule out buying their products in the future, but I don’t think they’ve done themselves any favors out of the gate.
View Quote

The cat/bud light parallel makes no sense. Friendliness is subjective, and if or when cat brings a product to market their sales will dictate how their "launch" landed with the target audience.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]

The cat/bud light parallel makes no sense. Friendliness is subjective, and if or when cat brings a product to market their sales will dictate how their "launch" landed with the target audience.
View Quote

Obviously you’re welcome to your opinion and perception, but I can’t say I agree.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Hopefully whatever technology they are selling is cool and works well.  Plenty of room in the market for new tech.  After the way the company rep went hard in the paint here, I have my fingers crossed that the suppressor will ship in a custom bag that looks like a velour track suit. Maybe put a fake gold chain around it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#39]
The last time we had this much braggadocious build up about a revolutionary product that may or may not actually be made, it turned out to be a glob of JB Weld on an ejection port cover.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#40]

I also think it's Dasan Machinery Co., Ltd. (Korean) rather than Singaporean. Specifically, a DMLS derivative or advancement of this patent -

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/20/b2/d5/60ac8eda7dfd41/112017128301467-pat00014.png

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/42/09/91/55e7c0fd33467e/112017128303852-pat00007.png
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/c2/21/ca/00382e5dcbc5e0/112017128299160-pat00002.png

Interesting. It does look like the design from this form1 company I posted about a year ago. Just with a reverse flow. I metered one once for someone. It wasn’t impressive…

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#41]

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/20/b2/d5/60ac8eda7dfd41/112017128301467-pat00014.png

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/42/09/91/55e7c0fd33467e/112017128303852-pat00007.png
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/c2/21/ca/00382e5dcbc5e0/112017128299160-pat00002.png

Yup. I agree.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 2:27:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Model lineup just dropped on IG
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Can't see it now ... they set their account to private ...
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#45]
They have these pictures on their instagram. Last picture was just posted this morning

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#46]
I like the aesthetic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#47]
I like the aesthetic.
View Quote

Yeah, that waffle-print gives me the warm and fuzzies. Kind of reminds me of an AUG magazine. From what Pew has said about apparent lack of backpressure, might actually be a good choice for an AUG too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Nobody asked me, but here is my take. I ALWAYS look at new suppressors with a wary eye, even if they’re from a company I have grown to like. Most recently, I thought the Sierra 5 looked promising and I was eagerly awaiting to hear what people thought of them after they got them in hand. I’m glad I waited.

With any luck, CAT will bring some good supressors to market. Suppressor purchases being what they are, I’m going to wait and see.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

see this is the reason i'm interested in this company. at first I was annoyed by this "marketing" thing but now that its rustled the jimmies of all the tactiboomers in here i'm enjoying it. IIRC the only one doing printed shit out of inconel was delta P and they stopped "civilian" sales for a long time. HUB mounting has me on board as well. going to check IG for line up info now.
Page / 16
CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 2 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top