Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By peachy:

CAT has really taken your point to the next level. Their suppressor page is just a bunch of cartoon people, and you have to click through each one to figure out what it is:
https://specterscat.com/product-category/cat-suppressors/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By peachy:
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Car companies, as I've pointed out, can get away with that.  Buick has been around for a century, and I know an Enclave is an SUV b/c they spent millions promoting it & every time I see one it says Enclave on the back.  That doesn't work for suppressors.

CAT has really taken your point to the next level. Their suppressor page is just a bunch of cartoon people, and you have to click through each one to figure out what it is:
https://specterscat.com/product-category/cat-suppressors/

That is the shittiest website for the gun industry I have yet seen.  It took 2 minutes to load a cartoon fat guy in a bikini over WiFi on my phone.  I think they utterly missed my point.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
It is sometimes available in thread pitches and/or muzzle device types that are less available from Q compatible varieties. The associated muzzle devices perform very well, while Q pattern devices might take a casual buyer a little more research before buying, because some (but not all) of them are kinda mediocre as a muzzle device.

The Q plan B adds about the same length (~.2”) as the Plan A, but lacks tool features for dudes that twist the whole thing off their muzzle threads. The ones that add tool features to Q-pattern mounts add another .2”-.3”. That’s not a big deal, of course. The Griffin Plan A is also available in longer lengths on the adapter side, if desired.

Putting the taper on the rear allows it to have much more surface area within the envelope constraints. TBAC has talked about this on the Hide. I’m not sure how much that really matters vs more subtle engineering decisions such as the angle of the taper or the thread pattern. I don’t have a way to experiment with that because I’m not a machinist.

When I say “better”, I don’t mean that one will make you lose your house and the other will make you a millionaire.
View Quote

It's funny you mention the tool issue, because there's exposed wrench flats on both the Rearden Atlas and any of the Rearden mounts to achieve what you discussed.  On the Q Plan B, I agree with you.  Ironically, I don't like the Plan A because there's no EXPOSED wrench flats on the flash hider, only on the front end of it.

But there's 30 million choices of mounts/muzzle devices for a reason.  Because people like different stuff.

I recommend and stock Rearden because most people don't want to or need to pay for a robust QD setup like Rugged Dual Taper or Dead Air KeyMo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#3]
Originally Posted By romad99:

It's funny you mention the tool issue, because there's exposed wrench flats on both the Rearden Atlas and any of the Rearden mounts to achieve what you discussed.  On the Q Plan B, I agree with you.  Ironically, I don't like the Plan A because there's no EXPOSED wrench flats on the flash hider, only on the front end of it.

But there's 30 million choices of mounts/muzzle devices for a reason.  Because people like different stuff.

I recommend and stock Rearden because most people don't want to or need to pay for a robust QD setup like Rugged Dual Taper or Dead Air KeyMo.
View Quote

Check the second paragraph of the post you quoted, where I mentioned that non-Q branded Plan B compatible mounts have tool features. (Edit: I didn’t mean to sound this abrasive)

Also, there are tool features integrated into the rear of Griffin’s taper mounts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:39:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#4]
That doesn’t change the lack of exposed flats on Plan A or normal Plan B.

The Spanner tool on the mount, but not on the FH.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

If your Plan A muzzle device gets stuck into a welded on, integral taper mount (not a thread-off Plan A mount) there is a slot in the back that can take a pin spanner or a large ‘screw driver’ made from bar stock (Griffin sells such a tool).
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#7]

Nice tools.  Those require removing the FH from the barrel to unstuck the mount/can, correct?

ETA:  Regardless, the Griffin isn’t junk by any means.  I simply prefer the design of another brand.

I doubt anyone has the time for purse swinging on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Fun fact, if you don't own those wrenches you can still remove a stuck muzzle device from a Griffin suppressor using a couple stacked quarters held in a vice.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#9]

Nice tools.  Those require removing the FH from the barrel to unstuck the mount/can, correct?

ETA:  Regardless, the Griffin isn’t junk by any means.  I simply prefer the design of another brand.

I doubt anyone has the time for purse swinging on the internet.
View Quote
Correct. However, I think the way people discover their muzzle device is stuck in the can with any of the common taper systems is when the mount twists off of the barrel because it wasn’t tightened or threadlocked. I personally haven’t had a need to access the back of the muzzle device with a wrench while it’s attached to a barrel. Griffin does make mounts like that, but without the flash hider/brake/comp part, which probably isn’t what would appeal to most on an AR. Sweet for a bolt gun, though.

No purse swinging occurring…it’s easy to not know about the features of a device. Or perhaps it simply doesn’t do what you want, and the Rearden devices serve you better.

Originally Posted By Pomyluy:

Fun fact, if you don't own those wrenches you can still remove a stuck muzzle device from a Griffin suppressor using a couple stacked quarters held in a vice.
View Quote
I haven’t tried that, but it makes sense. Not too surprising, they like to make front caps that can be removed with a coin.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Correct. However, I think the way people discover their muzzle device is stuck in the can with any of the common taper systems is when the mount twists off of the barrel because it wasn’t tightened or threadlocked. I personally haven’t had a need to access the back of the muzzle device with a wrench while it’s attached to a barrel. Griffin does make mounts like that, but without the flash hider/brake/comp part, which probably isn’t what would appeal to most on an AR. Sweet for a bolt gun, though.

No purse swinging occurring…it’s easy to not know about the features of a device. Or perhaps it simply doesn’t do what you want, and the Rearden devices serve you better.

I haven’t tried that, but it makes sense. Not too surprising, they like to make front caps that can be removed with a coin.
View Quote

I haven’t tried their true QD devices.  I may buy a set to try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Just buy a bolt and a nut in the thread pitch of the muzzle device. Thread the bolt in the stuck muzzle device. Tighten the nut against the back of the muzzle device. Then hammer on the bolt with an impact.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I've just been running YHM QD mounts for a better part of 10 yrs. When applicable I appreciate cans that have HUB threads, and I slap in one of YHM's QD adapters.  I have one of Q's Porq Chop and I'm quite honestly baffled (lol) why they made the Cherry BOMB XL use some wonky ass M27x1mm threads. I'm stuck with that mount, and they don't sell the XL with 3/4" muzzle threads, so no easy way to mount to my 338 Lapua. Then as mentioned the Cherry Bomb is not a great brake, so now I have to hope they make the Bottle Rocket for the XL :|
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
I've just been running YHM QD mounts for a better part of 10 yrs. When applicable I appreciate cans that have HUB threads, and I slap in one of YHM's QD adapters.  I have one of Q's Porq Chop and I'm quite honestly baffled (lol) why they made the Cherry BOMB XL use some wonky ass M27x1mm threads. I'm stuck with that mount, and they don't sell the XL with 3/4" muzzle threads, so no easy way to mount to my 338 Lapua. Then as mentioned the Cherry Bomb is not a great brake, so now I have to hope they make the Bottle Rocket for the XL :|
View Quote
That sucks. Maybe Ecco or Hughes Precision can get you hooked up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Might have to ask Hughes, as Ecco didn't want to do it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
View Quote
YHM QD isn't the lightest, newest, or most sexy but damned if it doesn't work and work well. Taper with acme threads behind it and a secondary ratchet for more retention.

It's not plan A/B simple but it's not far off. I don't have a ton of YHM mounts anymore but have no complaints about their system.

I'll add a +1 to Plan A or Plan B. Griffin Dual Lok seems extremely secure but I'm not convinced it's necessary outside of meeting requirements for contracts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:

YHM QD isn't the lightest, newest, or most sexy but damned if it doesn't work and work well. Taper with acme threads behind it and a secondary ratchet for more retention.

It's not plan A/B simple but it's not far off. I don't have a ton of YHM mounts anymore but have no complaints about their system.

I'll add a +1 to Plan A or Plan B. Griffin Dual Lok seems extremely secure but I'm not convinced it's necessary outside of meeting requirements for contracts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:  I've just been running YHM QD mounts for a better part of 10 yrs. When applicable I appreciate cans that have HUB threads, and I slap in one of YHM's QD adapters.  I have one of Q's Porq Chop and I'm quite honestly baffled (lol) why they made the Cherry BOMB XL use some wonky ass M27x1mm threads. I'm stuck with that mount, and they don't sell the XL with 3/4" muzzle threads, so no easy way to mount to my 338 Lapua. Then as mentioned the Cherry Bomb is not a great brake, so now I have to hope they make the Bottle Rocket for the XL :|

Don't need the lightest, bestest mounting system ever - I'm looking for the best supported by multiple manufacturers.  Sounds like Plan B is it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Don't need the lightest, bestest mounting system ever - I'm looking for the best supported by multiple manufacturers.  Sounds like Plan B is it.
View Quote

I think it's a good choice and the ecosystem continues to grow.

Revival Defense just launched their own mount in SS and Ti that can be installed with a AR15 wrench as well as some muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
You won't be disappointed in Plan B. Light, simple, reliable with tons of aftermarket support.

I don't love the fine exposed threads but it's not the end of the world.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]

You won't be disappointed in Plan B. Light, simple, reliable with tons of aftermarket support.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Don't need the lightest, bestest mounting system ever - I'm looking for the best supported by multiple manufacturers.  Sounds like Plan B is it.

It will either have a can or a blast shield on it most of the time.  Only time I'd use a thread protector would be if I was fixing the bayonet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm super new to the suppressor world (my first suppressor was approved on 4/1), so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I went with Plan B for all my mounting - 9mm PCC, 300blk AR, 5.56 AR.

From what I've read, Plan B seems to be the closest to an "industry standard" that exists. There are a number of manufacturers that make Plan B compatible devices, and there are a variety of muzzle devices available (A2-style, 3-prong, single/multi port brakes).

Also, Plan B apparently adds the least overall length and weight (direct threading aside), though the difference doesn't seem huge.

Moving my suppressor to different hosts and back, I have not noticed a change of zero in my limited shooting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
For most use cases, the Plan B pattern is all that is needed. Standby for compatible Hansohn Brothers muzzle devices coming soon.
View Quote

I would love to see a Plan B J-comp or a simple 2 port brake that is long enough to pin and weld.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#22]
What are all the manufacturers that make Plan B mounts and adapters?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By littlejerry:

I would love to see a Plan B J-comp or a simple 2 port brake that is long enough to pin and weld.
View Quote

FPM Gunworks has a 2-port Plan B brake that will get a 14.5 to 16.  Liberty Precision has even longer devices that are a combo FH with a single front orifice / brake plate.  The Liberty devices push the mount feature forward so that a 13.7 can make 16 and still fit typical blast chambers.  

Strike Industries, KAK, KVP could all jump on the format if they saw enough market return. They may not see the potential.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#24]
Q, Rearden, Liberty Precision, FPM Gunworks, Wolfpack Armory, Diligent Defense, Ecco Machine all come to mind.

ETA Forward Controls
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ajek:
I'm super new to the suppressor world (my first suppressor was approved on 4/1), so take what I say with a grain of salt.

From what I've read, Plan B seems to be the closest to an "industry standard" that exists. There are a number of manufacturers that make Plan B compatible devices, and there are a variety of muzzle devices available (A2-style, 3-prong, single/multi port brakes).

Also, Plan B apparently adds the least overall length and weight (direct threading aside), though the difference doesn't seem huge.

Moving my suppressor to different hosts and back, I have not noticed a change of zero in my limited shooting.
View Quote

Same here, and I just ordered a Polonium K, but I got the ASR mount and flash hiders because I have 2 of the FHs on rifles now and their blast shield.

Now that I see FCD makes FHs, I might have to see if I can cancel the ASR stuff with CA and go Plan B... no pun
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:25:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#26]
How are Wolfpack Armory products? They seem to have some good pricing, and would make the transition from ASR to Plan B easier
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to thank all the knowledgeable folks who have contributed to this thread, answering questions for us noobs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
Q, Rearden, Liberty Precision, FPM Gunworks, Wolfpack Armory, Diligent Defense, Ecco Machine all come to mind.

ETA Forward Controls
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Personally, I think the big name taper mounts are all about the same (Plan A, Plan B, DA Xeno, YHM SRX).  The simple taper is the magic, and they all have that.

The differences are in which thread patterns are available to fit your barrels, the muzzle device designs available and personal preference.

You can't go wrong with any of them unless you are backed into a compatibility corner.

My personal preference has always been DA Xeno due to aesthetics, reverse thread and price. But I switched to Griffin Plan A due to the combination of wider range of barrel thread patterns supported and a much larger muzzle device selection available.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself. As I have said before I am still am using xeno as I am pretty heavily invested in it, but if I had to start all over, I too would go with GA Plan A.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:

Couldn't have said it better myself. As I have said before I am still am using xeno as I am pretty heavily invested in it, but if I had to start all over, I too would go with GA Plan A.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:
Personally, I think the big name taper mounts are all about the same (Plan A, Plan B, DA Xeno, YHM SRX).  The simple taper is the magic, and they all have that.

The differences are in which thread patterns are available to fit your barrels, the muzzle device designs available and personal preference.

You can't go wrong with any of them unless you are backed into a compatibility corner.

My personal preference has always been DA Xeno due to aesthetics, reverse thread and price. But I switched to Griffin Plan A due to the combination of wider range of barrel thread patterns supported and a much larger muzzle device selection available.

Is Plan A proprietary to Griffin?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Taper mounts all work well

As an fyi plan a adds less length than plan b style mounts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
How are Wolfpack Armory products? They seem to have some good pricing, and would make the transition from ASR to Plan B easier
View Quote
I have a T&E rifle from them, and the A1 style, Q-compatible mount they sent with it seems high-quality, and plays nice with Q-compatible adapters.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Is Plan A proprietary to Griffin?
View Quote
I've never seen anyone else make Plan A muzzle devices (mounts), but Ecco does make mount adapters. At least one other company used to, but doesn't appear to anymore.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a T&E rifle from them, and the A1 style, Q-compatible mount they sent with it seems high-quality, and plays nice with Q-compatible adapters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Has anyone used this adapter by Wolfpack Armory?

Wolfpack Armory Low Profile Adapter

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View All Quotes

Thanks for the correction. As I said, I'm super new to this stuff
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:19:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#37]

Thanks for the correction. As I said, I'm super new to this stuff
View Quote

Hey no issues man. It's a technical forum which is why I corrected you.

The absolute values aren't very different. I think plan a adds like .2 and plan b adds .35ish on the shortest ones. Relative dimensions that's a 75% increase but overall it's still a small amount. I don't have a set of calipers so excuse the in-exact amounts.

Edit***something a lot of manufacturers don't disclose is how much the entire system (muzzle device plus mounting system) adds in a HUB can. Some Plan B mounts may only add .2ish inches but that's not including the muzzle device between the shoulder and the entrance to the mount. The pictures below show what I'm talking about

Plan b
Attachment Attached File

Plan a
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Hey no issues man. It's a technical forum which is why I corrected you.

The absolute values aren't very different. I think plan a adds like .2 and plan b adds .35ish on the shortest ones. Relative dimensions that's a 75% increase but overall it's still a small amount. I don't have a set of calipers so excuse the in-exact amounts.

Edit***something a lot of manufacturers don't disclose is how much the entire system (muzzle device plus mounting system) adds in a HUB can. Some Plan B mounts may only add .2ish inches but that's not including the muzzle device between the shoulder and the entrance to the mount. The pictures below show what I'm talking about

Plan b
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/6560147_jpg-3186112.JPG

Plan a
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/20240307_140556_jpg-3186114.JPG
View Quote

Incorrect. The plan b zilch is less at .187
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#39]
SO these would work great with my trash panda
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Converted all of my 30 cal stuff over to Plan B/Cherry Bombs. I have been very happy thus far, no issues and no ragrets. It's a way better system than the MAAD mount that came with my Saker 7.62, and I used a HUB Plan B mount on a Rex MGX recently.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Just to make sure I understand.  

Plan A has threads in front and taper in back.

Plan B has threads in back and taper in front.

Some say plan A is better because it’s .2 in shorter?  Is that really a deciding factor or is that only for the “how close can I get it to the handguard crowd” crew?  I’ve never ran a gun for a long period of time and said, damn, I wish this thing was .2 shorter with my suppressor.  I’m also not clearing closed quarter ships or structures so maybe it’s a thing?

Some say Plan B is better because the taper in front helps to keep the threads clean and less likely for the suppressor mount to seize/ get stuck.  

Xeno is similar to plan B but has LH threads.  

Plan A and B seem to have more muzzle options with some being lighter, heavier, longer and shorter.

Plan A, B and Xeno could have their exposed threads damaged.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Eagerly waiting for the Rearden Atlas TI to come back in stock anywhere so I can swap my YHM TK to Plan B. Can't decide on muzzle devices but the WPA flash hider line up is quite impressive.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a mix of plan b and Rearden mounts and Q and Ecco machine adapters. Very pleased. Everything but some legacy AAC 51T stuff I have is is plan b.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

Some say plan A is better because it’s .2 in shorter?  Is that really a deciding factor or is that only for the “how close can I get it to the handguard crowd” crew?  I’ve never ran a gun for a long period of time and said, damn, I wish this thing was .2 shorter with my suppressor.  I’m also not clearing closed quarter ships or structures so maybe it’s a thing?

Some say Plan B is better because the taper in front helps to keep the threads clean and less likely for the suppressor mount to seize/ get stuck.  

Plan A and B seem to have more muzzle options with some being lighter, heavier, longer and shorter.

View Quote

With regard to the taper/thread arrangement, I don’t give it much thought. Q makes them in both orientations. The Full/Half Nelson has the taper behind the threads, the TP/TC has threads behind the taper.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

In what way(s) is Plan B "better"?
View Quote
Both are a taper mount, and both have a wagonload of options. So I consider it a wash in that regard. The big selling point? Griffin wont ship to Wa. Reardern and Liberty (Among others) have no problems shipping to Wa.

So, given the mechanics are "the same" and the available options are "the same" I think I'll side with the companies (And mount type) that will actually sell to civilians. Plan b/Rearden all the way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

Some say plan A is better because it's .2 in shorter?  Is that really a deciding factor or is that only for the "how close can I get it to the handguard crowd" crew?  I've never ran a gun for a long period of time and said, damn, I wish this thing was .2 shorter with my suppressor.  I'm also not clearing closed quarter ships or structures so maybe it's a thing?

View Quote
You've got it.  The caveats with each brand are minor. It's mostly just personal preference.

Technically, they do all have exposed threads and yes the threads could get damaged. They are very coarse threads though, so much less likely to get damaged than bare barrel threads. I've never worried about it. I've never seen anyone complain about damaged threads.

I know Griffin does sell a Plan A thread protector  if it is a concern. There is no DA Xeno thread protector (DA said they don't have one and I've never heard of an aftermarket version). I don't know if there is one for Plan B or not.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#48]
You've got it.  The caveats with each brand are minor. It's mostly just personal preference.

Technically, they do all have exposed threads and yes the threads could get damaged. They are very coarse threads though, so much less likely to get damaged than bare barrel threads. I've never worried about it. I've never seen anyone complain about damaged threads.

I know Griffin does sell a Plan A thread protector  if it is a concern. There is no DA Xeno thread protector (DA said they don't have one and I've never heard of an aftermarket version). I don't know if there is one for Plan B or not.

View Quote

Both FCD and Liberty make Plan B thread protectors that I’ve seen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:
Originally Posted By dmk0210:  You've got it.  The caveats with each brand are minor. It's mostly just personal preference.

Most mounts are seemingly rather obnoxious muzzle brakes, and the suppressor threading makes it easy to spin on a blast shield when a can's not mounted, making an ersatz linear compensator.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Most mounts are seemingly rather obnoxious muzzle brakes, and the suppressor threading makes it easy to spin on a blast shield when a can's not mounted, making an ersatz linear compensator.
View Quote

It wouldn’t be hard (though perhaps not robust) for the blast functional features to thread on in front of the forward threads or taper. No can: unscrew brake orifice plate and screw on bird cage.  Suppressed: unscrew bird cage and screw in brake. Long hunting rifle: no forward feature.

It’s one more threaded interface to screw with but concentricity tolerances wouldn’t be any concern.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top