BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
M72 Law Parts (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#1]
Hi Will,

I need one square rubber boot for my M-72A2. Do you still have one for sale?

T. Vo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thienxa:
Hi Will,

T. Vo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Hi Will,

T. Vo.

Originally Posted By William_lxix:
I am all out of LAW parts guys, I am sending off the remaining bits to a collector and am empty of LAW parts.

Good luck in your collections & endeavors.

~Will

ALL GONE.  GOOD LUCK!

~Will
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
T. Vo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no way to post pic here. How do I pm you a pic of my inert set?

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no way to post pic here. How do I pm you a pic of my inert set? Thought you like to see.

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 2:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#6]
Just learned how to post pic.

It has sling.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
too late for a Trigger Spring boot???

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi Will,

T. Vo.
View Quote
Do you still have the ripped remnant on your M72?  I have a minty take down boot on my M72A7 for the exterior dimensions but would rather not have to cut it out of the launcher.  I would need the inside cavity dimensions to make an simple injection mold.  Routed out hard wood, formed upside down, with the excess vent holes on the reverse side that you can slice off the rubber sprues with a razor blade.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryo] [#9]
Any one have a spare sling they want to sell. I have a complete tube but missing a sling.. Had it since I was a kid and I put a ugle black strap on it because I didn't know better. Thanks

Also where can you find the rocket.  Would love a inert rocket for it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Inert rockets pop up from time to time on Gunbroker; they can be pricey.

I found a person on eBay who 3D printed me a replica 66mm rocket for my LAW tube. He printed it in black and gold, like the real thing, and it has the little folding fins too. Fits like a glove in my tube.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Suprasonic:
Inert rockets pop up from time to time on Gunbroker; they can be pricey.

I found a person on eBay who 3D printed me a replica 66mm rocket for my LAW tube. He printed it in black and gold, like the real thing, and it has the little folding fins too. Fits like a glove in my tube.
View Quote

Got a contact for that person?  IM me if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know where to get the spring for the stabilizing fins or know the name of what they are called ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ryo:

Got a contact for that person?  IM me if you don't mind.
View Quote

The files were on thingiverse last time I checked. I printed one just for kicks. Then I found a couple tail fin assemblies and printed a front for it. The threads matched and everything
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JonathanwFL:
Does anyone know where to get the spring for the stabilizing fins or know the name of what they are called ?
View Quote

I can take some pics of mine later. I'm sure it's a proprietary spring but it'd probably be easy to find a suitable replacement like half an ar15 hammer spring
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:

I can take some pics of mine later. I'm sure it's a proprietary spring but it'd probably be easy to find a suitable replacement like half an ar15 hammer spring
View Quote

Possibly get a similar spring, but use a torch to super heat it and flex the wire to be the same shape as the original.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Mark serbu made a pretty good video on making your own springs.

You basically just temper it in your oven afterwards at a certain temperature
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]

The files were on thingiverse last time I checked. I printed one just for kicks. Then I found a couple tail fin assemblies and printed a front for it. The threads matched and everything
View Quote

Between this and the kick-ass 40mm I got from you, I wish I still had my printers.

If you're up for a challenge, would you be interested in a replica 60mm mortar project?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:36:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have the M72 rocket 3D model for printing that they can send me?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Tyrensy:

Between this and the kick-ass 40mm I got from you, I wish I still had my printers.

If you're up for a challenge, would you be interested in a replica 60mm mortar project?
View Quote

You looking for just the mortar bombs themselves? I printed some that weren't scaled right, a friend and I talked about making a pneumatic mortar for them. The fins were a little tricky to print perfectly in petg
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have the M72 rocket 3D model for printing that they can send me?
Thanks
View Quote

I have it saved on my computer at home. I will have to dig it out, I don't do much indoors in the summer so my printer and computer have sat idle. I also will get the pics of the real fin springs and fins for anyone that wants to try to make some out of sheet metal. A cnc table would probably make some real nice ones.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]

You looking for just the mortar bombs themselves? I printed some that weren't scaled right, a friend and I talked about making a pneumatic mortar for them. The fins were a little tricky to print perfectly in petg
View Quote

Yeah it would be just the projectile mortar bomb.

A friend was hit by one in Vietnam, lost an eye and sustained some other injuries. He's looking for a reproduction for his shadow box. I found some legit training aids and dummies, and they're in the hundreds of dollars. He is looking for something else if he can.

I am trying to get more information about what specifically got him. We no longer live in the same town and I'm not even sure he knows.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:53:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Suprasonic] [#23]
https://imgur.com/WPJKgjL
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Y'all are killing me.  Rockets are not 'mortar bombs'...they would be rockets.  The M72 shoots a...wait for it...rocket.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#26]
Hi TREETOP,

Wow. You know all.
Do you know where to find M72A2 rocket coupler? A blue print of it?

Thanks,
T. Vo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 5:40:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#27]
JonathanwFL:  Here is the tail fin spring mugshot. You can view three fins to know how the spring hooks and locks on both sides of the fin base.

https://i.imgur.com/Ahxgunv.jpg
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
Y'all are killing me.  Rockets are not 'mortar bombs'...they would be rockets.  The M72 shoots a...wait for it...rocket.
View Quote

Tyrensy and I were discussing mortar bombs. As in, from mortars...

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Stoner63a: Ok. Genious idea. I will sacrifice my remaining torn piece of rubber with a ... razor sharp. Actually, a small flat head screw driver worked much better by scrapping easy on the base rim fiberglass.

https://i.imgur.com/w82yoCV.jpg

T. Vo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#30]
Square rubber measures.

https://imgur.com/a/Cq4eNG1

T. Vo.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#31]
Demensions of inner offset area of the square rubber (decock button.)

https://imgur.com/a/Hr9JVdK

T. Vo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

My apologies for the side bar with SGT-FISH, I have since taken it offline.

If you read my comments, it should be clear I was not talking about M72 or any other rocket. I am actually interested in a replica of a Mortar-Bomb, from a...wait for it...mortar.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#33]
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow.. I am in need of a carry strap for both my M72s.. Just one is fine.. but on GB there was one for sale.. but much more expensive than I would want to pay.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
The company I worked for was Talley Defense Systems, and I left there in 2006...
View Quote
Did they do any test firings there at the AZ facility, like for quality control or anything?

Do you know if they developed the M72A5 and A6 warheads in-house?
I understand the A5 variant was in production by 1988.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#37]

If you read my comments, it should be clear I was not talking about M72 or any other rocket. I am actually interested in a replica of a Mortar-Bomb, from a...wait for it...mortar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Oh, sorry...somehow I missed that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:46:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SubgunFun] [#38]
Looking for 66mm LAW rockets?
Many rockets are put together with old 66mm rifle grenade parts and the nosecone/fuse just isn't quite right. Still good enough for most. I found a guy named Glenn a while back that is casting his own parts and making a scale model. He had fins and springs custom made and did a lot of work matching paint colors. Even had the roll-mark stamp made for correct markings. The only concern is that it is a model, great for display but not handling much. For example, if you let the springs fly open under spring pressure it will break the casting. He warned me and I've been careful.  He also includes an activator and tube that mounts in the motor via a magnet so  you can mount it in your tube and it looks loaded. Anyway, It looks freaking awesome... was pricey but I had to have one. I think it was $300. I think it was worth it. I compared his to my original parts I have (nose piece with fuse and a rocket assy with a couple fins still on it).... his parts are spot on and color was perfect.
He may sell parts separately, but I'm not sure. You'll have to ask him.
Anyway, pics are of my display with the rocket I got from him.

Here's his info...

Glenn, telephone 757-968-6167

Mention that you got his number from Aaron on ARFCOM.

If you want more pics, let me know.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Here's some more pics of Glenn's reproduction. These are not my pics but taken from where I found his listing.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:58:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow.. I have to say that's a excellent reproduction.  Very pricey but wow..  Very tempting.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SubgunFun] [#44]

Is it a one piece rocket? Can you disemble it?

T. Vo.
View Quote

It is not one piece. He mentioned that to retain all the details he had to cast individual parts (it is not 3D printed). However, it is not recommended to take it apart for fear of chipping the paint and such. My warhead came off from the coupling with very little effort. After that, I didn't mess with it. I believe all the pieces are solid so it feels heavy like what I would think a real one would. The warhead end of the coupling is smooth but the motor end is threaded. I got a spare coupling from him so I can make my own mock up with my existing fins and nose cone. The threads look pretty good on the spare coupling but again, I didn't try to take my complete one apart. I'd be really mad at myself if I damaged it out of my own stupidity.
That's another thing to mention... he even had packing materials custom ordered for it. It came well padded in a nice tube with multiple layers for protection. He spared no expense on these.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thienxa] [#45]
Originally Posted By SubgunFun:

It is not one piece. He mentioned that to retain all the details he had to cast individual parts (it is not 3D printed). However, it is not recommended to take it apart for fear of chipping the paint and such. My warhead came off from the coupling with very little effort. After that, I didn't mess with it. I believe all the pieces are solid so it feels heavy like what I would think a real one would. The warhead end of the coupling is smooth but the motor end is threaded. I got a spare coupling from him so I can make my own mock up with my existing fins and nose cone. The threads look pretty good on the spare coupling but again, I didn't try to take my complete one apart. I'd be really mad at myself if I damaged it out of my own stupidity.
That's another thing to mention... he even had packing materials custom ordered for it. It came well padded in a nice tube with multiple layers for protection. He spared no expense on these.
View Quote

Good to know. Thank you for the info.
I would not mess around with it.
For sure will never launch it! LOL!

T. Vo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Demensions of inner offset area of the square rubber (decock button.)

https://imgur.com/a/Hr9JVdK

T. Vo.
View Quote
Let me download this photos then see what I can do. Easiest would be primative injection molded black silicone but is prone to air bubbles.    Vacuum forming 1/10th-1/8th thick rubber sheet would be more uniform results.      I remember a book from grammar school or Boys Life or something, it showed a miniature fisherman's foul weather hat molded in clay then latex was painted overtop built up in layers until it was thick enough to peel off the positive form.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:54:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner63a] [#47]
Wow.. I am in need of a carry strap for both my M72s.. Just one is fine.. but on GB there was one for sale.. but much more expensive than I would want to pay.
View Quote
Looking at the ILAW Improved Light Anti-Tank Weapon sling/caps, it almost looks like the black rubber hockey puck bumper is attached to a standard pressed aluminum muzzle cap by 2ea 1/8" hollow rivets like the old M-1 Helmet Liner Rivets.  
Attachment Attached File

On the cap inside they have that 0.25" thick foam glued overtop the rivets.  Seems risky to chance destroying the cap assembly but at the very least you would just have to fill the two 1/8" rivet holes with JB Weld then repaint.   Looks like the top has part of the lip milled off so this cap is altered from the legacy M72-M72A3 sling cap assembly.
Attachment Attached File

The rest of the sling assembly is incorrect for the Vietnam to 1980's M72 thru M72A3 series LAWs, and I think the OD painted banding material section is too long.    
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The OD painted band spring is 21" long then the dual spring/buttcap claw assembly is another 5" long.    One would have to drill out the single rivet holding the sling/band spring to the cap assembly, shorten it to fit the earlier M72-M72A3 LAW leaving about an extra 1" to wrap over the sling and muzzle cap, then roll the single rivet to reassemble to fit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
Let me download this photos then see what I can do. Easiest would be primative injection molded black silicone but is prone to air bubbles.    Vacuum forming 1/10th-1/8th thick rubber sheet would be more uniform results.      I remember a book from grammar school or Boys Life or something, it showed a miniature fisherman's foul weather hat moldejd in clay then latex was painted overtop built up in layers until it was thick enough to peel off the positive form.
View Quote

Fun project of yours.
I have the rubber cover laying flat, and upside down.
Only the cavity got torn and missing a small portion.
So easy to fill in some kind of rubber paste stuff that will eat into the old one. Science fiction stuff.
However, the original rubber is very very flexible. Very good rubber for sure.

T. Vo.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Fun project of yours.
I have the rubber cover laying flat, and upside down.
Only the cavity got torn and missing a small portion.
So easy to fill in some kind of rubber paste stuff that will eat into the old one. Science fiction stuff.
However, the original rubber is very very flexible. Very good rubber for sure.

T. Vo.
View Quote

BTW: The rubber thickness is 1/16.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#50]
That is a meticulous replica! I completely understand why it cost so much; if you think about how it was made and all the expense to recreate all the details, I bet it should cost more.

Thank you also for uploading all the pictures. As far as I know, there is no book about the M72 and not a lot of pictures of all the details out there, so for us, seeing your replica and all its little details like the fin springs and a igniter, that’s like gold 😁.

I don’t think recasting the rubber trigger boots should be all that difficult. If there was enough of a need, I’m sure someone could make a small run of them. I found that guy who made new laser-cut front target lenses, which I thought would be impossible to do, and they turned out to be very reasonable to buy.

I’d like to see if we can start documenting the history of the LAW, from Vietnam to today, and all of the changes to the design.

Does anyone have the first generation LAW- the one with the big red warning sticker on the left side? If so, would you post some pictures of it?
Page / 4
M72 Law Parts (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top