Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 10/30/2010 1:48:00 PM EDT
Four months after the initial purchase and having to get the lower re-anodized twice, I finally was able to put together my M16 this afternoon.
Specs are:

Frankford Arsenal RR

10.5" LWRC upper

AAC M4-2000 suppressor

Magpul UBR stock

other Magpul goodies as well
Edit:  Videos
Me:

My buddy doing a few mags in a row.

Before pics

Flaking issue after first re-anodizing

I want to thank Victor at USanodizing for resolving the issue and having a super quick turn around time.
Final pics

This is my first M16 and I want to make sure that I have the auto sear installed correctly.  Can anyone let me know if this looks correct?

Link Posted: 10/30/2010 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
yes looks GTG congratulation have fun
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great and auto sear looks correct.
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!!! Long time in the coming, but congrats!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It does look much better than the black paint like finish it had.

Ken
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
i hope you bought plenty of ammo during the waiting time!
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all of the comments.

I took her out on Sunday and it ran great on all 4 uppers (20" BCM, Colt 6920, LWRC 10.5", homebrew 10.5") that I own.  I bought a Spikes buffer and it worked flawlessly with every upper.

I went to the end of the range, where there are 4 pits that you can shoot anything into.  I had 5 people drive down just to see what I was shooting.  There was a little kid, about 5 yrs old, who was giggling.  It was fun.

You are right about the ammo.  I went through 16 mags of ammo in about 45 mins.  I need to order a 22lr upper ASAP.  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Good looking rig!  The lower looks new now that it got a makeover. The waiting paid off!
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for all of the comments.

I took her out on Sunday and it ran great on all 4 uppers (20" BCM, Colt 6920, LWRC 10.5", homebrew 10.5") that I own.  I bought a Spikes buffer and it worked flawlessly with every upper.

I went to the end of the range, where there are 4 pits that you can shoot anything into.  I had 5 people drive down just to see what I was shooting.  There was a little kid, about 5 yrs old, who was giggling.  It was fun.

You are right about the ammo.  I went through 16 mags of ammo in about 45 mins.  I need to order a 22lr upper ASAP.  Any recommendations?

I have a spikes 5.5" with the rail. Looks great with the can under the rail, runs pretty damn well for a .22. I've also played with one of the AM15 uppers, those are pretty cool. I'd like to get one, but its alot to drop on an upper.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For full auto, you'll need a kit that's parts-compatible with the Atchisson conversions as first produced by Ciener, since you'll need an automatic trip and debounce weight.  Ciener, CMMG, Spike's, Kuehl, Target Masters all look like they can take the automatic trip and debounce weight, but I can only personally vouch for Ciener and CMMG.

The latest mods from CMMG in their evolution series are (in my opinion) very desirable, as they provide a functioning forward assist and functioning bolt hold-open.  Currently the bolt hold-open is incompatible with a Ciener-style automatic trip, and the forward assist piece displaces the debounce weight (leading to reduced reliability in full auto on my three .22 kits).  There is a new automatic trip from CMMG soon to go into production, that will allow use of the bolt hold-open.

So, my recommendation would be a CMMG "Evolution" kit.  No matter which kit you buy, you'll need an automatic trip and debounce weight.  A quick web search shows Spike's, Kuehl and Ciener as sources for those two parts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
What color did you pick for the lower?  Upper looks like early Colt gray but I can't make out the lower (looks purplish on my puter).

Link Posted: 11/2/2010 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
What color did you pick for the lower?  Upper looks like early Colt gray but I can't make out the lower (looks purplish on my puter).

The color on the lower is "New Black".  The upper is a newer LWRC.  I had just put the lower together and there was oil on it, so it might look a little darker in the pics, plus the flash was used so the colors are going to be a little off.
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Your best bet would be a basic Ceiner M16 kit. Polish the ramp and rails and you should GTO.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Your best bet would be a basic Ceiner M16 kit. Polish the ramp and rails and you should GTO.

I might try that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 5.5 spikes complete upper with the rail also. you definitely have to run a can on a 22 kit if you go with a short barrel. it is a ball and you can afford to shoot it.

It only takes a second to dump a 25 rnd mag!
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump for videos
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice videos it's a good feeling owning legal MGs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Great looking gun. Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/1/2011 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice looking RR.

Glad Victor took care of it.

Why doesn't your friend use the bolt release between mags?

Link Posted: 1/2/2011 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nice looking RR.

Glad Victor took care of it.

Why doesn't your friend use the bolt release between mags?

The bolt release spring is bad.  The bolt doesn't stay locked back after the last round.

I need to change the spring, but I am too afraid/lazy to do it.  I just need to grow a set and do it, but I am afraid to mark up the receiver.

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top