Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:43:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
You can certainly bet that FN will VOID anyone's warranty who throws a suppressor on there :D
There's a company going to SHOT that is supposed to be releasing their own SCAR receivers along with 80% variants. Wonder if they'll do a a variation of the SC
View Quote

IAC CYPHER X has been out for sometime.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather have a folding acr stock on such a small weapon instead of a weird collapsible thing that has terrible cheek weld.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dragon82:

It's possible... Belgian Police Scar SC in 300BLK
View Quote

Perfect opportunity for FN to actually capitalize on the modularity of the SCAR. Release 10” 5.56 and 7.5” 300blk barrels along side the SC and they’d have an instant success.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Here’s to hoping a 300BLK version in FDE is released
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Has this been determined to be a real thing?  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Not officially.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PinelandAL:
Here’s to hoping a 300BLK version in FDE is released
View Quote

OMG this...
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
oh boy, 7.5" 5.56mm...  That was cool back in 2008 when you were the only one on the range with one.  Now you are surrounded by a half dozen hood rats mag dumping at 10 yards making everyone deaf.

As for the question on cans, some heavy duty 30 cal cans can take the abuse.   But its going to be as loud and as long as a 10.5" with a small 5.56 can.

As for the SBR Tavor, the only one I saw for sale online seemed to have the dumb extended buttpad from the 16" model.  Was that a fluke or a photoshop job?
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
oh boy, 7.5" 5.56mm...  That was cool back in 2008 when you were the only one on the range with one.  Now you are surrounded by a half dozen hood rats mag dumping at 10 yards making everyone deaf.

As for the question on cans, some heavy duty 30 cal cans can take the abuse.   But its going to be as loud and as long as a 10.5" with a small 5.56 can.

As for the SBR Tavor, the only one I saw for sale online seemed to have the dumb extended buttpad from the 16" model.  Was that a fluke or a photoshop job?
View Quote

I would prefer to have that length barrel with 300 blackout.  I don't like 5.56 out of a 10.3" when you start looking beyond 200 yards.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: call_me_ski] [#10]
Anyone hold FN’s feet to the fire on this at SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:22:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fmj_shooter] [#11]
Originally Posted By call_me_ski:
Anyone hold FN’s feet to the fire on this at SHOT?
View Quote

I'll drop by their booth tomorrow and ask about it.

Eta. Nada today. I'll ask someone else there later
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#12]
FN says that they've been listening to the consumers and the civilian SC is in the works, but they admit that they are normally very slow at getting things out.

It's happening, but absolutely no eta.

The product page that was on Primary was news to them, I had to show them screenshots before they would believe me
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fmj_shooter:
FN says that they've been listening to the consumers and the civilian SC is in the works, but they admit that they are normally very slow at getting things out.

It's happening, but absolutely no eta.

The product page that was on Primary was news to them, I had to show them screenshots before they would believe me
View Quote

Thanks for the update. I’ve found the people that man the booths at trade shows are not necessarily in the loop or the most knowledgeable but it’s nice to hear it’s happening.

Judging by how much more quickly they got barrel assemblies to market for the 20s vs the 16 or 17 I’ll remain optimistic it hits the market soon in 5.56 and 300blk.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Thanks for the update. I’ve found the people that man the booths at trade shows are not necessarily in the loop or the most knowledgeable but it’s nice to hear it’s happening.

Judging by how much more quickly they got barrel assemblies to market for the 20s vs the 16 or 17 I’ll remain optimistic it hits the market soon in 5.56 and 300blk.
View Quote

I did throw in that the SC in 300blk would be perfect

Time will tell. I'll reach out occasionally and see if they are gaining on the project.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]
That stock is a no go for me. I think it's possible to design something that doesn't look like ass and actually has a functional buttpad that can be shouldered comfortably.

I mocked one up using a MP5 A3 F style stock.

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone know if they’re gonna release their suppressors?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#17]
The rumor I was told is that they are planning a release for the SC at the NRA show.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By billth777:
Need 300 blackout.
View Quote

I will wait till they release it.  
Pass on 5.56
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Getting impatient, my eye is starting to wonder. I’ve been looking at a P90S and keeping an eye on HK SP5 prices lately.

C’mon FN, one of these for < $3k please.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:04:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Still hate that stock buttpad. Fortunately it looks like something that can be swapped out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Apec:
Still hate that stock buttpad. Fortunately it looks like something that can be swapped out.
View Quote

I’m sure it will work just fine and I’d bet the receiver is compatible with existing SCAR stocks. I have old Colt Fiberlite CAR stocks on most of my ARs so a minimalist stock won’t bother me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:31:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coalkoy] [#22]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I’m sure it will work just fine and I’d bet the receiver is compatible with existing SCAR stocks. I have old Colt Fiberlite CAR stocks on most of my ARs so a minimalist stock won’t bother me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Would definitely be in on a Scar SC in .300blk
A good Honey Badger alternative.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#24]
C’mon FN. let’s do this already. We can jump on the 300blk bandwagon together.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Anymore leaks or updates since the primary arms post?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#26]
NRA show
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:10:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ellenripley] [#27]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
it'd be cooler in some sort of title1 configuration.  Sell it as a pistol and let us form1 it and buy the stock.

Maybe these new eform4 will change my mind.  But my NFA guy still charges $100 to be a middle man.
View Quote

Its probably pretty risky trying to put out a new pistol while the brace rule is pending.

Once it's got more definition, if it's benign (or goes away) I could see them releasing some stuff. In fact, if that happens I could imagine the entire gun world exploding in new awesome pistol configs. I'm not so hopeful though...

But either way, it's about time there was a short SCAR, it costs a ton to buy a full size, SBR, and then shorten/replace the barrel assembly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Ellenripley:

Its probably pretty risky trying to put out a new pistol while the brace rule is pending.

Once it's got more definition, if it's benign (or goes away) I could see them releasing some stuff. In fact, if that happens I could imagine the entire gun world exploding in new awesome pistol configs. I'm not so hopeful though...

But either way, it's about time there was a short SCAR, it costs a ton to buy a full size, SBR, and then shorten/replace the barrel assembly.
View Quote

People keep saying things like this, and i don't know anything about the intricacies of running FN, but seriously how hard would it be for them to just sell a version with no stock or brace as a pistol configuration like CZ does?

300blk shut up and take my money.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SteveJobs:

People keep saying things like this, and i don't know anything about the intricacies of running FN, but seriously how hard would it be for them to just sell a version with no stock or brace as a pistol configuration like CZ does?

View Quote

Agreed on this
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Bosif347:

Agreed on this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SteveJobs:

Agreed on this

I would generally agree, but it all depends on how far the ATF goes. It's a smart play to keep that pistol up your sleeve and wait until the dust settles to get it to market.

Also, very much agree with 300blk, that short of a barrel doesn't do much for most people in 5.56.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:04:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bosif347] [#31]
Originally Posted By Ellenripley:

I would generally agree, but it all depends on how far the ATF goes. It's a smart play to keep that pistol up your sleeve and wait until the dust settles to get it to market.

Also, very much agree with 300blk, that short of a barrel doesn't do much for most people in 5.56.
View Quote

I hear that, pistol or factory SBR doesn't really matter to me either way if they aren't released in .300 either through a barrel kit or from the factory. 8" 5.56 is ass cheeks and I want a high end .300blk gun so I don't have to buy a badger lol
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Need 300 blackout.
View Quote

Yep.  7.5" is too short for 5.56.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#33]
That stock on a 10.5" SCAR-16 would be solid as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone see or hear any updates on this? Just curious
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 1:48:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Google searched the sku#'s from the Primary Arms link got a couple of hits.

4wks out and $3600?

Here
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Headspacer:
Google searched the sku#'s from the Primary Arms link got a couple of hits.

4wks out and $3600?

Here
View Quote

Seems about right. Then 9 months of bitching for a 300blk version.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah looks like we're SOL on .300blk
Everyone I know isn't going to drop $3600 on a 7.5" 5.56 meme scar
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah looks like we're SOL on .300blk
Everyone I know isn't going to drop $3600 on a 7.5" 5.56 meme scar
View Quote

I’m in that group. It needs to do more than shoot 5.56 from a 7.5” barrel for me to drop $3k+
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackArrow] [#39]
Originally Posted By bolster:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bolster:

It is a real thing and does come in x39 and 300BLK. (for PRO users )

After getting my hands on one I pretty much crawled up the ass of the MIL FN team to bring it to the civilian market and they assured me they would, and this was several years ago. I'm glad it looks like they are finally doing so, although they need to hurry tf up.

Originally Posted By Millennial:
All that money for a loud range toy.

These were made for and being used by people who get paid to get into gunfights but far be it from me to tell arfcom what is and isn't useful.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BlackArrow:

It is a real thing and does come in x39 and 300BLK. (for PRO users )

After getting my hands on one I pretty much crawled up the ass of the MIL FN team to bring it to the civilian market and they assured me they would, and this was several years ago. I'm glad it looks like they are finally doing so, although they need to hurry tf up.

These were made for and being used by people who get paid to get into gunfights but far be it from me to tell arfcom what is and isn't useful.
View Quote

I don't doubt that it's probably useful in certain actual combat situations. Just that for the civilian market a .300blk offering would likely do very well
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I want both FN needs to get their shit together and this out the door!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#42]

I don't doubt that it's probably useful in certain actual combat situations. Just that for the civilian market a .300blk offering would likely do very well
View Quote

Oh yeah I got you. I'm definitely not saying 5.56 out of such a short barrel is ideal either. IIRC what the FN guys said, the 5.56 version came about due to plain and simple logistical constraints. Some of the original purchasers couldn't afford to adopt a new caliber, were unwilling to etc. so they made a variant in 5.56
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BlackArrow:

Oh yeah I got you. I'm definitely not saying 5.56 out of such a short barrel is ideal either. IIRC what the FN guys said, the 5.56 version came about due to plain and simple logistical constraints. Some of the original purchasers couldn't afford to adopt a new caliber, were unwilling to etc. so they made a variant in 5.56
View Quote

Maybe I can find someone to make me a barrel in .300 LOL
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Need 300 blackout.
View Quote

This. 7.5” 5.56 is
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Onemonthbump
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Has there been any update on this? Release date? Anything?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:13:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doge] [#47]

Bro I'm still waiting for NRCH kits or the SCAR-20S new bolts/firing pins; where are those at? 5.7mm ammo availability still sucks too.

Meanwhile they release this diarrhea camo🤡. Smooth brains at FNH USA - they would rather "license out" the SC for airsoft toys than just sell us the SC-pistol (no stock) or a braced SC.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By doge:
https://i.imgur.com/Gfx152m.jpg

Bro I'm still waiting for NRCH kits or the SCAR-20S new bolts/firing pins; where are those at? 5.7mm ammo availability still sucks too.

Meanwhile they release this diarrhea camo  . Smooth brains at FNH USA - they would rather "license out" the SC for airsoft toys than just sell us the SC-pistol (no stock) or a braced SC.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1ih2d8/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/15562/48573/cybergun-fn-herstal-licensed-scar-sc-compact-airsoft-pdw-by-ares-2__11319.1655403221.png?c=2
View Quote
I wonder if that stock will fit on my 10.5"
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Meanwhile they release this diarrhea camo🤡. Smooth brains at FNH USA - they would rather "license out" the SC for airsoft toys than just sell us the SC-pistol (no stock) or a braced SC.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1ih2d8/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/15562/48573/cybergun-fn-herstal-licensed-scar-sc-compact-airsoft-pdw-by-ares-2__11319.1655403221.png?c=2
View Quote

🤡🤡🤡
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Coalkoy:

https://i.imgur.com/CMbPPh0.jpg
🤡🤡🤡
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Coalkoy:

https://i.imgur.com/CMbPPh0.jpg
🤡🤡🤡

If legit, I'm more interested in that 6.5C barrel for the SCAR 17, assuming they sell it to average Joe civilian.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top