Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2012 8:01:05 PM EDT
So my local range is selling a used Steyr AUG A3 with 2 magazines, the softcase, sling, and cleaning kit along with a Trijicon Reflex Sight for $2100. I don't know the exact round count but I'll find out when I head there within the next few weeks as the range has to call the previous owner but they said its really low.

I'm seriously considering picking it up, I got to hold it and loved the feel. From my scouting of the internet, it seems like a good deal, just wondering what you guys think and if there is anything I should know before buying it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy it immediately. That is a great deal given the current market. You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
seconds
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So my local range is selling a used Steyr AUG A3 with 2 magazines, the softcase, sling, and cleaning kit along with a Trijicon Reflex Sight for $2100. I don't know the exact round count but I'll find out when I head there within the next few weeks as the range has to call the previous owner but they said its really low.

I'm seriously considering picking it up, I got to hold it and loved the feel. From my scouting of the internet, it seems like a good deal, just wondering what you guys think and if there is anything I should know before buying it.

.. It'll be gone over the weekend.............

Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Fantastic deal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

.. It'll be gone over the weekend.............

I hope not. It's been on and off the shelf at the range for the past year by the owner. I think the lack of bullpup lovers in my area could be the cause of that, not that I'm complaining.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
You also didn't have an impending AWB public rage either. I would buy it ASAP if its still there at $2100.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Buy it now. you can always resell it later if need be.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to have to wait till next weekend in order for me to gather the funds. I'll call it a Christmas present to myself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm going to have to wait till next weekend in order for me to gather the funds. I'll call it a Christmas present to myself.

It wont last

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It wont last  

My local store had one last Friday. I went in Saturday to buy it and it was gone.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It wont last  

I hope not. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they still have it. Hopefully I can get the round count on it as well and somehow put a hold on it till this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Round count doesn't really matter.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, good point. I have to ship out a rifle tomorrow anyways and I still need a box to fit the case so maybe I can make a dual purpose trip.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, you guys were right, they sold it last weekend. I sent an email to PJS to see how backordered they are on AUG orders. There are a few MSAR's for sale at "reasonable" prices but I'm wary of their performance and reliability compared to Steyrs. I was looking at FS2000 but they are going for $1000 more than they did a few weeks ago so thats a no go.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, you guys were right, they sold it last weekend. I sent an email to PJS to see how backordered they are on AUG orders. There are a few MSAR's for sale at "reasonable" prices but I'm wary of their performance and reliability compared to Steyrs. I was looking at FS2000 but they are going for $1000 more than they did a few weeks ago so thats a no go.

He put on his website that he is pretty busy. I emailed him a week ago asking the same question but have not heard back yet.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I can imagine. I just hope his prices don't skyrocket because he remains the only good priced source of AUG A3s.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I've emailed Pete a few times with no response, but talked to him on he phone a couple of times and he said he was pretty busy, but should be getting a new shipment of AUGs in next week.

I did get a reply from him on here, but he just said to email him so he could tell me where I was on his back order list.

Hopefully he'll call or email me soon saying that they are in and one has my name on it!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll send you an email for a standard A3 order with some extras. I don't want to pay these inflated prices people are charging on other sites just to get one now.

Scratch that, I'll give you guys a call tomorrow, not sure if you are taking orders today.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Pete-

Thanks for the update. I guess it's good to hear that business is good, even though the circumstances aren't so great.  I look forward to hearing from you when you get caught up.

Thanks again,
Allen

ETA: Do you have any idea how long it will take you to fill the other 86 orders? Is Steyr shipping pretty good numbers of them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top