Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Did the riser cost ~$750?
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By doolz:

Did the riser cost ~$750?
View Quote

Got it for $650 shipped from OwnTheNight. The day after it was $740.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Update - Put the "G" marked latch in my MCX and it does not work with the BCM PNT trigger. Click but no boom.

The old no marking Sig latch worked fine. I guess the BCM PNT is one of the triggers that does not need it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone tried a single stage triggertech diamond AR trigger in the MCX? Any idea if it would work? I know they have an MCX version but it’s not as light or single stage like the AR version
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]
So I'm a bit late to the party here, but I've got a canebrake and am looking at one of the CAT ODB cans to put on it. Supposedly the ODB does not have enough back pressure to cycle subs with the Rattler F02 Gas valve per CAT, unless you've swapped the gas valve. They do have another can coming out later this year that is aimed at the Rattler, but frankly I think the easier solution (and the better one for my other use cases given this will be a first can) might be to just swap to a Tacops F03 gas valve. I noticed at least a couple of you have managed to get them. My question is how?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By helix139:
So I'm a bit late to the party here, but I've got a canebrake and am looking at one of the CAT ODB cans to put on it. Supposedly the ODB does not have enough back pressure to cycle subs with the Rattler F02 Gas valve per CAT, unless you've swapped the gas valve. They do have another can coming out later this year that is aimed at the Rattler, but frankly I think the easier solution (and the better one for my other use cases given this will be a first can) might be to just swap to a Tacops F03 gas valve. I noticed at least a couple of you have managed to get them. My question is how?
View Quote

@helix139

Contact sig directly
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:32:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#10]
Originally Posted By helix139:
View Quote

Sig will no longer sell the F03 valve or get one to you if you have cycling issue.  I was told that directly from someone that was high up in CS at sig that was recommended by a forum member here.

They did mention that I would need to send the entire rifle in if I had cycling issues, but it was no guarantee that I’d get a F03 valve.   Sig didn’t seem like they wanted to help at all, even after mentioning others have gotten the F03 valve sent to them to fix their cycling issues.   I’m not surprised though…that is sig.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone see a stripped Virtus upper anywhere?  I have enough parts to build out a 14.5" Virtus, and I kind of want to use this barrel.  It's really nice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Anyone see a stripped Virtus upper anywhere?  I have enough parts to build out a 14.5" Virtus, and I kind of want to use this barrel.  It's really nice.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Sig-MCX-upper-price-drop/22-2419018/

@jag2955

Not my ad.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:25:57 AM EDT
[#13]
thinking of picking up a HUXWRX Ventum 762 for my MCX setup (6.75" 300 BO + ALTRD handguard). Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:51:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#14]
Originally Posted By jeffhsu95:
thinking of picking up a HUXWRX Ventum 762 for my MCX setup (6.75" 300 BO + ALTRD handguard). Thoughts?
View Quote

Many people seem to be having cycling issues with flow-through cans. And as you can see above, getting a new gas valve is proving to be difficult. With subsonic ammo my Tacops runs well on the + setting with the SRD762Ti. When I put it on the - setting it runs fine until it gets dirty. Then it starts to have reliability issues. With a flow-through can I expect I would have all kinds of issues.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:59:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 74novaman] [#15]
View Quote

Depends on what valve you have.  F03, sure.

F01, hard pass.

Eta: 9” is way less picky suppressor wise, so thats always an option too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I would not recommend that can, or any low pressure can, on the 6.75". If you have an F03 valve, it might work but the 6.75" is gassed very conservatively. I could not get my Hyperion QD to cycle reliably, even with an F03. The 9" barrel is much more forgiving.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#17]
So a conventional baffle can is a better option? I've been also looking at the dead air nomad non-TI but I havent bought a Dead Air product in a long time and heard their QC has gone down
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Did you have to do any mods to the railscale MCX light mount to install it on the ALTRD handguard
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Did you have to do any mods to the railscale MCX light mount to install it on the ALTRD handguard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I had to remove the little mlok protrusion deals.  Same with the sling mount to get it to sit flat on the surface of the handguard.

These:

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#21]
What are peoples experience with the Hyperion K + MCX 6.75". Im curious on reliability with both subs and supers
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Where the heck can I get a 300 Rattler LT under MSRP? Passed on some 5.5" Rattlers deals to try and grab a LT.

Anyone seen anything?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#23]
What are peoples experience with the Hyperion K + MCX 6.75". Im curious on reliability with both subs and supers
View Quote

This is with the F01 piston.  Since I replaced with the F03 I havent retested the 6.75”, F03 and Hyperion K combo.  

All this testing was done with the solid endcap on the K, not the vented.

6.75” F01, Hyperion K

Gorilla Ammo 220: +
Remington 220: +
Gorilla Ammo Berger 215: +
Sig 220 mks: +
Hornady 208: cycled on +, no lock back
Discrete Ballistics190: +

Gorilla Ammo 125 gr: -
Gorilla Ammo147 gr: -

The Hyperion K didnt have the same cycling issues for me that the full size Hyperion did.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#24]
Finally took my mcx tacops out today. Had 220 aac black tip and 110 aac vmax on hand. Ended up keeping the zero with subs as I found the entire shooting experience pleasant. Going to try some 125s and 150s to see if I can get a closer vertical POI shift to be able to run supers and subs a bit easier.

F01 piston would run 110s in the minus but subs would not cycle . Plus ran great with the 220s but of course was super violent with the 110s. Again, wonder if the 150s might be more pleasant, but of course curious what other ammo combos guys are running on 6.75 inch barrels.

Can is a griffin recce 7.

50 yard zero with subs. 220 black tip in blue, super 110 vmax in red.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone run their 6.75" MCX with S&B 200 gr subs and AAC 220 gr OTM subs? AAC 125 gr supers? Any issues? Im also looking at Callaway Ballistics 220 gr subs but I hear they arent suppose to be run in 1 in 5 barrels
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone run their 6.75" MCX with S&B 200 gr subs and AAC 220 gr OTM subs? AAC 125 gr supers? Any issues? Im also looking at Callaway Ballistics 220 gr subs but I hear they arent suppose to be run in 1 in 5 barrels
View Quote

I have ran all those rounds through mine with F01 valve with Sig SRD Ti can and no issues.   Those are great rounds for the MCX.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

I have ran all those rounds through mine with F01 valve with Sig SRD Ti can and no issues.   Those are great rounds for the MCX.  

View Quote

No issues with the Callaways jacket separating?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#28]

No issues with the Callaways jacket separating?
View Quote

Not with any of those rounds you mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:03:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffhsu95] [#29]

How tight is your front takedown pin when you push it in and out with the ALTRD rail? Mine was relatively easy to push in and out but after retightening the barrel clamp pins, it was a bit harder. The handguard was also harder to take off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#30]

How tight is your front takedown pin when you push it in and out with the ALTRD rail? Mine was relatively easy to push in and out but after retightening the barrel clamp pins, it was a bit harder. The handguard was also harder to take off.
View Quote

I can’t drive out the pivot pin by hand.  Need to hit it with something and push the pin through.  So it’s pretty tight.  

Same with sliding the HG off, usually have to give it a couple hits with the back of a screwdriver to move it forward the first 3/4”.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Ran some S&B 200 gr, AAC 220 gr OTM and Black Dot 220 gr today. All of them functioned perfectly through my setup although I did notice the Black Dot was shooting noticeably lower than the S&B and AAC. I first zeroed with the S&B and AAC at 23 yds (longest my indoor goes to)
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#32]
My 11.5" 5.56 Virtus barrel has a case of the dimples.  I was sending an LMT piston barrel off to Templar for the dimple treatment, so I figured why not give it a try on the MCX.  It only shaves off a couple of ounces, but it looks cool.  And we all know, that's what's really important.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#33]
That barrels looks sic man ! I have a few Noveske barrels that Marvin Pitts dimpled for me . I’d love to get a few more done but I’ve heard dealing this Marvin these days is awful . Who did your work ? If I can find a new guy that does work that good I’d definitely send some work there way .
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Dana Beck/Templar Precision did mine.  

Dimpling service.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Hell yeh thanks for that . There work looks really good . I’ll definitely send them some work
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#36]
@Sinfulsilence

I should mention he can be kind of difficult to get a hold of at times via email. or his site.  He is much better at responding on FB or instagram.  For right now, he is a one man show, who works full time for the post office.  But he had my barrels done and back to me (including cerakote) in 2.5 weeks.

The MCX barrel is what he calls "mini" dimples, and my LMT barrel is the standard size.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
@Sinfulsilence

I should mention he can be kind of difficult to get a hold of at times via email. or his site.  He is much better at responding on FB or instagram.  For right now, he is a one man show, who works full time for the post office.  But he had my barrels done and back to me (including cerakote) in 2.5 weeks.

The MCX barrel is what he calls "mini" dimples, and my LMT barrel is the standard size.

https://i.imgur.com/JA46RIi.jpg
View Quote

I'm not overly familiar with cerakote but how well does it hold up on a barrel? Any potential issues of cooking it off with heavy use and rust being more of an issue?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#38]

His work looks good . This is a barrel Marvin did . He does great work and was the only doing the kac pattern dimples . The last I heard it’s like 6 month wait for Marvin so 2.5 weeks is a cake walk . And worth the little bit of extra cost . and my mcx becouse this is a mcx thread and all
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#39]
@Sinfulsilence

https://i.imgur.com/JA46RIi.jpg
View Quote

@Dr_Nimslow
That looks great. How much weight reduction did you see with the MCX barrel?

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#40]
My 11.5" 5.56 Virtus barrel has a case of the dimples.  I was sending an LMT piston barrel off to Templar for the dimple treatment, so I figured why not give it a try on the MCX.  It only shaves off a couple of ounces, but it looks cool.  And we all know, that's what's really important.

https://i.imgur.com/knETjj6.jpg
View Quote

Nice!

LMT and MCX…a fellow man of culture I see!

Looks good
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Damon_23:

@Dr_Nimslow

View Quote

Also curious. I can’t imagine I’ll spend the coin, besides my rattler is 5.5” so like 8 dimples will fit. But it’s a heavy bitch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Damon_23:

@Dr_Nimslow

View Quote

A little over two ounces.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#43]

A little over two ounces.
View Quote

Not as much as I’d hoped for, but still an improvement.
Thanks for the info.

And since it’s a virtus thread:
Attachment Attached File
Page / 69
Next Page Arrow Left
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 69 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top