Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
MCX Spear (Page 27 of 28)
Page / 28
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would be so down for a carbon handguard!
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ErauRifleman:

Sorry for the crap photo, best I got

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/kxyi2q.jpg
View Quote

This is fu'king HOT!

I've watched all your Spear videos. Everything's been fine since they opened up the gas port though, nothing wonky at all? Runs as well at it did when it was a 16"?!
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:09:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ErauRifleman] [#3]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

This is fu'king HOT!

I've watched all your Spear videos. Everything's been fine since they opened up the gas port though, nothing wonky at all? Runs as well at it did when it was a 16"?!
View Quote

Thanks for watching! I’ve been working on improving my content and video quality

Everything’s been 100% since I opened up the gas port. Nothing wonky or weird, just shoots like a big carbine now. I argue it shoots better now than it did when it was 16in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
I would be so down for a carbon handguard!
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just throwing this out there for Lancer, SIG or anyone listening to the carbon fiber handguard request.

I would pay ridiculous amounts of money for a light ODG carbon fiber handguard that LOOKS like carbon fiber for my MCX Spear.

Toying with the idea of sending out the upper and lower to have them Multipcam'd like those new Spear LT's, would look hot with an ODG CF handguard on that setup.

Would also take Coyote CF though but either color had to look carbon fiber like a 1992 Honda Civic aftermarket hood!

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Just throwing this out there for Lancer, SIG or anyone listening to the carbon fiber handguard request.

I would pay ridiculous amounts of money for a light ODG carbon fiber handguard that LOOKS like carbon fiber for my MCX Spear.

Toying with the idea of sending out the upper and lower to have them Multipcam'd like those new Spear LT's, would look hot with an ODG CF handguard on that setup.

Would also take Coyote CF though but either color had to look carbon fiber like a 1992 Honda Civic aftermarket hood!

View Quote

Let's just stick with regular carbon fiber before we go down the Tokyo Drift ambitions ...
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#7]

Let's just stick with regular carbon fiber before we go down the Tokyo Drift ambitions ...
View Quote

If by regular carbon fiber you mean "Black", I would have less than zero interest in a Black handguard on a Coyote rifle.

Just realized they make Multicam carbon fiber cloth too. That would be a sweet project, a full Multicam Spear 308 with a Multicam CF rail! We can start with a Coyote CF rail though!

That said, even the Black ones look like Tokyo Drift. Black would look so weird on a Coyote rifle though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for watching! I’ve been working on improving my content and video quality

Everything’s been 100% since I opened up the gas port. Nothing wonky or weird, just shoots like a big carbine now. I argue it shoots better now than it did when it was 16in.
View Quote

Dear God, how much does that weigh?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

Dear God, how much does that weigh?
View Quote

13lbs unloaded. I’ve since stripped off everything but the optic. Shaved off a pound. It’s a heavy girl
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]

If by regular carbon fiber you mean "Black", I would have less than zero interest in a Black handguard on a Coyote rifle.

Just realized they make Multicam carbon fiber cloth too. That would be a sweet project, a full Multicam Spear 308 with a Multicam CF rail! We can start with a Coyote CF rail though!

That said, even the Black ones look like Tokyo Drift. Black would look so weird on a Coyote rifle though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You make good points there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a lancer carbon on my legacy, which is cerakoted FDE.

Honestly it looks sick in real life.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By coregon:

Incorrect.
View Quote

Didn’t they do the whole Rose reveal and intro at the range day last year? Or was that a separate event? I was sure I saw it in Shot coverage.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#13]

13lbs unloaded. I’ve since stripped off everything but the optic. Shaved off a pound. It’s a heavy girl
View Quote

I'm at 12lbs with 1-10 MSR LPVO, R2 suppressor and Inforce WML, empy mag ... 16" gun ... what all have you put on there to make it so heavy?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Didn’t they do the whole Rose reveal and intro at the range day last year? Or was that a separate event? I was sure I saw it in Shot coverage.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Incorrect.

At SHOT 2023, we did still have our dedicated Range event.  However, we didnt have any commercial presence at SHOT 2024 (Show or Range).
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm at 12lbs with 1-10 MSR LPVO, R2 suppressor and Inforce WML, empy mag ... 16" gun ... what all have you put on there to make it so heavy?
View Quote

Vortex Razor 1-6 in a Badger COMM 1.70, Piggybacked Holosun, Holosun LE420 and Surefire Scoutlight Pro with a Unity TAPS. I’m at the inforce WML now too, I’m down below 12lbs now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Vortex Razor 1-6 in a Badger COMM 1.70, Piggybacked Holosun, Holosun LE420 and Surefire Scoutlight Pro with a Unity TAPS. I’m at the inforce WML now too, I’m down below 12lbs now.
View Quote

Good deal ... fully kitted out 11-12lb 308 semi is right about where you want to be in my opinion ... any lighter and its just not pleasant to shoot 308 semis ...
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#17]

At SHOT 2023, we did still have our dedicated Range event.  However, we didnt have any commercial presence at SHOT 2024 (Show or Range).
View Quote

Ok good to know I’m not hallucinating.

I didn’t pay too much attention to Shot news this year, the Pindar SS1 and the A-team Mini-14s have pretty much caught all my interest.

The Spear is still on my list once the 277 version comes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up a 9 inch 556 Spear LE pistol.  That is a rare variant for sure.  Get it on Friday. Can't wait
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
I just picked up a 9 inch 556 Spear LE pistol.  That is a rare variant for sure.  Get it on Friday. Can't wait
View Quote

Congrats but this thread is for the Spear 308/277 gun ...
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/MCX-Generation-3-SPEAR-LT/45-534561/?page=42
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
You are correct.  Sorry. I thought it was Spear Lt as well but I realized it's not.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#22]
You are correct.  Sorry. I thought it was Spear Lt as well but I realized it's not.
View All Quotes

All good. Enjoy your LT!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have access to both the 13" and 16" MCX Spear?

I'm curious to see how the 16" profile barrels looks with the shorter 13" rail. I want to see how far the gas block sticks out past the end of the rail, can't be too far!

Thx!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#24]

I'm curious to see how the 16" profile barrels looks with the shorter 13" rail. I want to see how far the gas block sticks out past the end of the rail, can't be too far!

Thx!
View Quote

I can post pics of these configs, if no one else has access to both.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Thx!
View Quote

I want a shorter handguard too. I like exposed gas blocks …
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Yes Please!
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:12:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#27]

View All Quotes

Yes, please, thank you! Thank you for all your help and info!

Thinking about doing a 16" to 13.7" pin/weld, with a Surefire 762 4-Prong, a short 13" SBR rail and chopped gas regulator knob with a partially exposed gas block.

Was looking at this, got me to thinking.  

Originally Posted By jle57:

https://i.imgur.com/tyRpevb.jpeg

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:35:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#28]

I want a shorter handguard too. I like exposed gas blocks  
View All Quotes

I want a shorter handguard too. I like exposed gas blocks  

Same! All my other AR-10 platform 308/6.5CM rifles have exposed gas blocks, so why not?! I think the shorter handguard with the exposed gas block would look sick on a 13.7" P/W.

Yes Please!

You know you want to do it!

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:08:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Same as soon as I get a 227/6.8 barrel I’m gonna do the chop 13.7 p&w
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:31:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#30]
Originally Posted By WTR_Warlord:
Same as soon as I get a 227/6.8 barrel I'm gonna do the chop 13.7 p&w
View Quote
Yep, that is what I'm doing too, 6.8 13.5~7"ish p&w with the SBR short rail.

The more I think about it, I want to keep my 308 barrel a 16". Maybe pickup another complete stripped upper at some point too and just have two uppers.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone seeing any deals on the Spear with either barrel length?

Finally have funds for one to compare to the LMT MARS.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#32]
So, I think I'm going to be good with the shorter 11" rail on the full-size MCX Spear rifle.

That's kind of a vibe right there.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Picked up my Spear today.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#34]
So, I think I'm going to be good with the shorter 11" rail on the full-size MCX Spear rifle.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ABLVV86cVJvU4Y9ozr4C2Am3wbQ8gFRBgOqmYcQ7hCH7dGfefMDrJWPvwf2OzXgmmTF6GMWmOr32tiyRwB9OFUU-1NjryJc_xGU0lfxHGFd1iCeDz4tWM5ke=w800
View Quote

If theres a rail/barrel config you want pics of, just let me know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ABLVV86cVJvU4Y9ozr4C2Am3wbQ8gFRBgOqmYcQ7hCH7dGfefMDrJWPvwf2OzXgmmTF6GMWmOr32tiyRwB9OFUU-1NjryJc_xGU0lfxHGFd1iCeDz4tWM5ke=w800

Which silencer would you suggest for the 13" 308 and future 13" 277 Fury?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:59:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#36]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

View Quote

Personally, I would look at SLX762-QD or SLX762C-QD, dependent upon whether you want compact or not.  

If you want to shave weight, the comparable Ti models would work, too - SLH762Ti-QD or SLH762TiC-QD
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Personally, I would look at SLX762-QD or SLX762C-QD, dependent upon whether you want compact or not.  

If you want to shave weight, the comparable Ti models would work, too - SLH762Ti-QD or SLH762TiC-QD
View All Quotes

The titanium models will be capable of dealing with short barrel full power 277? That's dammed impressive.

Was leaning towards a SLX can, possibly even the c version. Obviously it won't be as quiet as the full size but how does it sound?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#38]

The titanium models will be capable of dealing with short barrel full power 277? That's dammed impressive.

Was leaning towards a SLX can, possibly even the c version. Obviously it won't be as quiet as the full size but how does it sound?
View Quote

You'll get sparking with the Ti cans, but that's just a Ti can thing.  

I think they sound fine.  Honestly, on a supersonic round, I'm just trying to get the sound away from me mores than focusing on screwing down to the quietest db rating.  I like our SLX/SLH cans because they have a deeper tone, which is more appealing to my tinnitus-stricken ears.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#39]

I think they sound fine.  Honestly, on a supersonic round, I'm just trying to get the sound away from me mores than focusing on screwing down to the quietest db rating.  I like our SLX/SLH cans because they have a deeper tone, which is more appealing to my tinnitus-stricken ears.
View All Quotes

Makes sense. I'm firmly in the camp or "taking the edge" off, when it comes to supersonic rounds. I'm more interested in less blowback in my face and consistent POI shift, when mounting/taking off the can.

You guys making any of the SLX cans in tan? I only seem to be finding black models.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Makes sense. I'm firmly in the camp or "taking the edge" off, when it comes to supersonic rounds. I'm more interested in less blowback in my face and consistent POI shift, when mounting/taking off the can.

You guys making any of the SLX cans in tan? I only seem to be finding black models.
View All Quotes

We're making them in tan, but theyre all for NGSW, currently.  Tan will be an option on the cans, I just dont have an ETA.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#41]
@coregon what goodies are coming out for the Spear Heavy guns if any this year? I have to ask.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#42]

We're making them in tan, but theyre all for NGSW, currently.  Tan will be an option on the cans, I just dont have an ETA.
View Quote

Are any of the MCX family rails rated for a M203 rail mounted launcher?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#43]

https://i.imgur.com/3ZOsB9o.jpeg
View Quote

That is one Very Nice looking Pistola!

Any plans for adding a flashlight?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

https://i.imgur.com/3ZOsB9o.jpeg

Put on a Modelite, will get an updated pic soon.

Going to stamp it as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Just the standard full-size 16" MCX Spear 308 rifle with the shorter 11" handguard! Curious to see what the partially exposed gas block setup looks like!

Bonus points if you can do a picture with the standard stock and a Cross Trax stock!

Speaking of, any ETA on even black Cross Trax stocks? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#46]
@coregon

Will this suppressor (with the same black attachment section and FDE coated body) ever be available on the commercial side for the Spear? I know they went with the special edition release, but any future plans to make these available?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
@coregon

Will this suppressor (with the same black attachment section and FDE coated body) ever be available on the commercial side for the Spear? I know they went with the special edition release, but any future plans to make these available?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269084/download__8__jpeg-3151917.JPG
View Quote

They will be eventually, but I cant accurately say when.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Just the standard full-size 16" MCX Spear 308 rifle with the shorter 11" handguard! Curious to see what the partially exposed gas block setup looks like!

Bonus points if you can do a picture with the standard stock and a Cross Trax stock!

View All Quotes

I'll get you some.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#49]

I'll get you some.
View All Quotes

I'll get you some.

@Roadblock

13" 308 with 11" rail

Attachment Attached File

16" with 13.5" rail

Attachment Attached File

16" with 11" rail - Note:  I didnt screw in the retention screws, just the rail attached by the pivot pin.  

Attachment Attached File

16" on 11" rail closeup

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#50]
@coregon ... how do I go about acquiring an 11" handguard ...
Page / 28
MCX Spear (Page 27 of 28)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top