Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Pulled the trigger. Will keep this as light as possible ultralight mount and Burris 4x until deciding on a dedicated optic. Might get a thermal for night hunting.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
TLRD: it rocks

First 150 down the pipe today and no drama. Zerod with PPU 145, and shot mostly that and some XM180.  Rang steel out to ~175, rested, and free standing with the EXPS2 (will stretch this out on future trips).  Not a single hiccup, shooting suppressed, and with the heavy buffer and SD-E trigger. I love everything, except the stock. I read the earlier comments, but wanted to at least try it.  How it was determined that this would work for a .308 is a head scratcher. I have a STR I will throw on for now, but wow WTH.

It's a keeper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#3]
Originally Posted By byzntn:
Pulled the trigger. Will keep this as light as possible ultralight mount and Burris 4x until deciding on a dedicated optic. Might get a thermal for night hunting.
View Quote

@byzntn
Hell yeah! Send some pics our way once you get it put together. Congrats!

Originally Posted By Eames:
TLRD: it rocks

First 150 down the pipe today and no drama. Zerod with PPU 145, and shot mostly that and some XM180.  Rang steel out to ~175, rested, and free standing with the EXPS2 (will stretch this out on future trips).  Not a single hiccup, shooting suppressed, and with the heavy buffer and SD-E trigger. I love everything, except the stock. I read the earlier comments, but wanted to at least try it.  How it was determined that this would work for a .308 is a head scratcher. I have a STR I will throw on for now, but wow WTH.

It's a keeper.
View Quote

@Eames
I am glad you are enjoying your rifle!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
And this is what it will do given good handloads. Three rounds at 100 yards from sandbags:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nagsheadlocal:
And this is what it will do given good handloads. Three rounds at 100 yards from sandbags:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/570877/762target_jpg-2787231.JPG
View Quote

Damn @Nagsheadlocal
That is beautiful! Is that under .5 MOA because it looks it!
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Gosh I can’t wait to pick mine up. Not sure if I’m going to replace the SLK stock with a B5 or CTR. Coyote or Sage green…decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:

Damn @Nagsheadlocal
That is beautiful! Is that under .5 MOA because it looks it!
View Quote

Thanks, but a lot of the credit goes to the remarkable G. David Tubb who published his favorite handloads in the Feb. '96 issue of the American Rifleman. I have that page tacked to the wall over my reloading bench. He was focused on bolt guns and silhouette shooting but i have found them to be just as accurate in gas guns.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Yesterday I ran a couple more types of ammo; some Tula which ran fine, and some S&B subsonics, which make me giggle with every trigger press; they don't cycle of course but still fun. All ammo has been consistent in accuracy and performance.

General initial thoughts

Bolt carrier is chrome lined but the exterior and bolt both feel like every other phosphated / parked BCG I've handled; kind of rough.  Cam pin is smooth. If it's DLCd like I think I read earlier in the thread, it's nothing like the Geissele super duty BCG; that BCG is super slick and the best I've ever seen.  All other fit and finish is excellent.
The bolt is a *very* tight fit in the carrier. It took me a few times to get it in as I thought I was going to damage the gas rings, but once in, it moves as expected.

After today's rounds, (~250 total; all suppressed) the bcg was moving pretty slowly on bolt release and soon after I couldn't get it to go into battery; too dirty.  Tried the forward assist but no luck. I knew it would get dirty sooner due to running suppressed but not this soon.  Tried the factry buffer and spring when I got home and same result, so I have to assume it was the dirtiness.

Cleaned and relubed when I got home and it's all slick again.  I've got some clp in the range bag now and will spray some in the chamber if this happens again to at least get me through the range session.

I continue to be impressed with the overall quality and fun factor of this gun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:30:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonecutter6] [#9]
Looks like the trigger on the 716i Snakebite is compatible with other standard AR triggers or is it a Sig one-off? Looking to add a G trigger.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Correct.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]Originally Posted By GLD1980

Will India's Tender cancellation cause any issues for domestic production?
View Quote

India cancelled the 716I purchase? I just recently saw a video of Indian Troops  near the disputed border areas, and I swear it looked like one of them was carrying the Sig rifle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:41:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#12]
Originally Posted By arbob:

India cancelled the 716I purchase? I just recently saw a video of Indian Troops  near the disputed border areas, and I swear it looked like one of them was carrying the Sig rifle.
View Quote

India made a mistake, and most of the other shit in their inventory will not cut it. They should have manufactured better spec'd 7.62 ammo or just purchased it.

India's MoD Priorities be what they be....

I bet those dudes on the LOC with China and Pakistan appreciate their 716I's!

ETA...
Rumor is they are still trying to build a quality defensive rifle in house, but they've been trying for a very long time. If they pull it off that would be great for India but wasting time and money on BS and not defense is stupid. Whether it be the 716I or a Colt M4, or whatever, India needs to put up or shut up and get a quality rifle or carbine.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone noticed any marks or dents on the front of their buffer?  I shot mine for the first time yesterday.  It functioned perfectly with a variety of ammo, but I have a couple small dents in my buffer face now.  It looks like it may be impacting the buffer retainer during firing.  I'm guessing it could benefit from an offset buffer retainer pin, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mike92GT:
Has anyone noticed any marks or dents on the front of their buffer?  I shot mine for the first time yesterday.  It functioned perfectly with a variety of ammo, but I have a couple small dents in my buffer face now.  It looks like it may be impacting the buffer retainer during firing.  I'm guessing it could benefit from an offset buffer retainer pin, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
View Quote

@Mike92GT

Any chance you can show us some pics of your problem?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#15]
How is everyone in 716I land doing?

I have had my hands full with additions and subtractions within the vault, to the point I feel I have neglected my big gurl. Soon hopefully I will be out with my 716I, it may have some different accessories, but the same sweet performance! How are all of you doing with your 716I's? I hope they are all still serving well!

Take care.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#16]
View Quote
@Mike92GT
more likely a burr on the back face of the bolt carrier.  probably a real small burr, leftover from machining.  you might not be able to see it with the unaided eye, but if you run your finger around the edges of the slot on the bottom of the back face of the carrier, your finger tips will find it right away.  quite common in the AR-15, AR-10 world.  easily remedied with a few quick swipes with a stone file.  If you don't remedy, the burr will print a circular pattern on the face of the buffer.  offset buffer pin won't do shit for that situation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#17]
How is everyone in 716I land doing?

I have had my hands full with additions and subtractions within the vault, to the point I feel I have neglected my big gurl. Soon hopefully I will be out with my 716I, it may have some different accessories, but the same sweet performance! How are all of you doing with your 716I's? I hope they are all still serving well!

Take care.
View Quote

Doing some safe updates / clean out as well.  My still unfired 716i might go on the block.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#18]
At least shoot it before you sell it!
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

so then, "USED", vs "NIB", new-in-box?
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't imagine there's much of a delta for a $1500 rifle between those two, and I'd also imagine you're losing money either way on shipping and transfers; might as well enjoy it first.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Part of me feels like that’s the correct course of action, but that circles me around to the reason it may go.  Every range trip I bypass taking it.  No particular reason.  I do wish it was lighter weight.  I’ve tinkered with configuration trying to get weight down but it’s just a heavy rifle. Ultimately it’s not filling any particular role for me and hasn’t in the year+ I’ve had it.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I get it. I just hate seeing or hearing about unfired guns, especially when I've enjoyed shooting mine from all kinds of positions and varying distances and ammo. Its probably (certainly) more capable than me, and the value is there, which also checks a box.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Big_Brakes:

Doing some safe updates / clean out as well.  My still unfired 716i might go on the block.  
View Quote

@Big_Brakes
I can't say I don't understand because there comes a time when things just don't fit in your collection, vision, funding, or just safe space, and they gotta go!

I'd rather not get rid of any of my SIG's for some reason... I feel like I picked some winners... My 716I, like many have said is far more capable than I. Whenever I do my part, my 716's are extremely effective, and though I have a few more costly SIG's, my heavies deliver a different type of message and will always have a home.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#24]
How hard is it to remove the flash hider on the 716i?  I was thinking about putting a brake of some sort on mine.  I've heard that some Sig's have the muzzle devices installed with Rocksett from the factory.  Just wondering if anyone had a hard time getting their FH off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:42:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#25]
How hard is it to remove the flash hider on the 716i?  I was thinking about putting a brake of some sort on mine.  I've heard that some Sig's have the muzzle devices installed with Rocksett from the factory.  Just wondering if anyone had a hard time getting their FH off.
View Quote

I went in expecting bad and while researching found out that SIG tightens the hell out of their barrels so I just put some muscle towards removal of the muzzle device and they came right off. I figured I wouldn't screw up the barrel and if I did SIG would be fixing it anyway. Sucks that so many have a hard time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big_Brakes] [#26]
View Quote

Mine had no rockset and was very easy to remove.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Big_Brakes:

Mine had no rockset and was very easy to remove.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246611/IMG_9328_jpeg-2906602.JPG
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:35:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#28]
While the 716 is next, I just removed the sig FH from the MCX. Not knowing if they had Rockset on it, I placed the barrel in a soup can, added boiling water, had dinner, put a large adjustable wrench on it, one whack with a rubber mallet and it spun free, no evidence of Rockset. Added the DA sig taper Micro FH. Recently did the same on a buddy's .300, same same.

I do need the taper washer as I can't find a sig taper dead air FH, 5/8x24.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Just picked up a used 716i about an hour ago. A buddy at the local shop had an eye out for one for me.

$1150 for everything (even though the light and optic will get replaced) so I think I did alright. Hoping to get it out tomorrow and put a few mags through it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:
Just picked up a used 716i about an hour ago. A buddy at the local shop had an eye out for one for me.

$1150 for everything (even though the light and optic will get replaced) so I think I did alright. Hoping to get it out tomorrow and put a few mags through it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/135766/11EC07CF-6F3C-46AF-BBE3-396F4E89F978_jpe-2911606.JPG
View Quote

@SERVED_USMC

I believe you did very well. Congrats and welcome to the 716I group!
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#31]

@SERVED_USMC

I believe you did very well. Congrats and welcome to the 716I group!
View Quote

Thanks to the group for all the info. Made it an easy decision.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I need an ambi charging handle. Should I just get one through Sig or are there other options out there? Raptor?
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I need an ambi charging handle. Should I just get one through Sig or are there other options out there? Raptor?
View Quote

https://bte-usa.com/product/bte-ambidextrous-tanker-charging-handle/

https://phase5wsi.com/716-ambidextrous-battle-latch-charging-handle-assembly-abl-cha716.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/tread-716i-ambidextrous-charging-handle.html

I went with SIG but all reports seem to indicate that all will work adequately. Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 2:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#34]
Figured I’d stop by and do a love-hate comparison on the 716i now that I have my SFAR.

Which is better isn’t the question I’d ask, but which is better for you. This is my SFAR. With all of those bolt ons, it’s a couple tenths of a pound heavier than the naked 716i. I sold my 716i and won’t be looking back. It was just way too long and heavy to run like an AR15 and I couldn’t set it up the way I wanted. So there’s the hate side.

So I’m in love with my SFAR, how can there be love for the 716i? Well, I said I’m in love with MY SFAR. The Ruger is light which is awesome, but if I had no plans to take advantage of its AR15 compatibility, I would choose the Sig.

The Sig is a better out of the box gun. Lots of SFAR owners have had leaky gas block issues. That same gas block also rubs against the rail or when pressured against to stabilize it for long range shooting. It also uses a dinky plastic end plate out of the box. That may not seem like a lot but that stupid gas block has ruined a lot of people’s reliability and accuracy. I addressed that with the aftermarket.

In short, if you want to modify it, the SFAR is king. If you don’t want to make any changes, I’d still pick the 716i. It’s not nearly as cut and dry as I assumed, but for ME the SFAR is better. That doesn’t mean you chose wrong if the 716 is better for you. They both certainly get my highest respects in their particular approaches and in their price ranges.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#35]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Figured I’d stop by and do a love-hate comparison on the 716i now that I have my SFAR.

Which is better isn’t the question I’d ask, but which is better for you. This is my SFAR. With all of those bolt ons, it’s a couple tenths of a pound heavier than the naked 716i. I sold my 716i and won’t be looking back. It was just way too long and heavy to run like an AR15 and I couldn’t set it up the way I wanted. So there’s the hate side.

https://i.ibb.co/YjzSccJ/E5-F82615-2164-40-B5-AC80-1905-E6-DD0-A32.jpg

So I’m in love with my SFAR, how can there be love for the 716i? Well, I said I’m in love with MY SFAR. The Ruger is light which is awesome, but if I had no plans to take advantage of its AR15 compatibility, I would choose the Sig.

The Sig is a better out of the box gun. Lots of SFAR owners have had leaky gas block issues. That same gas block also rubs against the rail or when pressured against to stabilize it for long range shooting. It also uses a dinky plastic end plate out of the box. That may not seem like a lot but that stupid gas block has ruined a lot of people’s reliability and accuracy. I addressed that with the aftermarket.

In short, if you want to modify it, the SFAR is king. If you don’t want to make any changes, I’d still pick the 716i. It’s not nearly as cut and dry as I assumed, but for ME the SFAR is better. That doesn’t mean you chose wrong if the 716 is better for you. They both certainly get my highest respects in their particular approaches and in their price ranges.  

https://i.ibb.co/9VR1J1h/85-FADEEE-423-E-4-E70-9679-C07-DF145-D056.jpg

View Quote

@ -OdieGreen-

Sick looking lil AR man. I am impressed. It looks like you spent a few bucks to make it work, but bro you definitely made it work and you have one of the sickest SFAR's I've seen man! It literally looks like an sweet little AR-15 man, good job!

I am still in love with my SIG's. I need to see how accurate my 716I barrel actually is but I've been multitasking and missing out on some things but coming up on others.

If you get time bud PM me your thoughts on the Desert Tech SRS A-1 .338LM.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

https://i.ibb.co/YjzSccJ/E5-F82615-2164-40-B5-AC80-1905-E6-DD0-A32.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/9VR1J1h/85-FADEEE-423-E-4-E70-9679-C07-DF145-D056.jpg

View Quote

Great. Now I'm in love with YOUR SFAR, too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hahaha I think it is an avenue worth taking a stroll down definitely.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 5:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#38]

@ -OdieGreen-

Sick looking lil AR man. I am impressed. It looks like you spent a few bucks to make it work, but bro you definitely made it work and you have one of the sickest SFAR's I've seen man! It literally looks like an sweet little AR-15 man, good job!

I am still in love with my SIG's. I need to see how accurate my 716I barrel actually is but I've been multitasking and missing out on some things but coming up on others.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@ -OdieGreen-

With the Cerakote I’m at about $2000 on the dot for the rifle and everything bolted to it. Definitely dumping the LPVO for a prism though as it will knock almost a full pound off. Should be just a touch over 8 pounds fully kitted out once I do that.

I haven’t gotten into bolt guns yet. I’m still too poor. I’ve never heard anyone talk bad about DT’s bolt guns though.

I’d be curious to any accuracy differences between your Patrol and I series. The SFAR seems to be pretty ammo picky but I’m going to throw a 4-14 on it for a range trip to see what I get at some point.

Hopefully she shoots as good as she looks. No reason on paper it won’t but unfortunately I have to wait a couple weeks to find out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#39]
What’s thread pitch on the Tread?
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#40]
What’s thread pitch on the Tread?
View Quote

@SERVED_USMC

5/8x24RH

Welcome to the 716I group.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I just ordered one of these.  Can anyone confirm if the selector assembly is proprietary? Left handed but I don't like ambis where they make the left side lever longer and blocks my trigger finger from indexing properly. I'm assuming the one it comes with just has the detent parts on one side and is not reversible. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought  a 716i TREAD Snakebite last week. Now to find a good SIG scope for it. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Cant wait to shoot this big boy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By berserker19:
I just ordered one of these.  Can anyone confirm if the selector assembly is proprietary? Left handed but I don't like ambis where they make the left side lever longer and blocks my trigger finger from indexing properly. I'm assuming the one it comes with just has the detent parts on one side and is not reversible. Thanks
View Quote

@berserker19
My apologies for not having an answer but maybe @coregon can give us some insight into this question. There may be some other owners who will show up with answers too. Good luck and if you answer your own question please clue us all in.

Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
I bought  a 716i TREAD Snakebite last week. Now to find a good SIG scope for it. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Cant wait to shoot this big boy.
View Quote

@Blackbeard28

Welcome to the 716I club!
What are your expectations of the rifle? For short to medium range work a 1-8 or 2-10 is perfect for longer range work 3-12 or higher and manufacturer and glass quality and clarity will ofcourse change things. There also some nice RDS & Magnifier combos you cannot go wrong with. Good luck and welcome again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Hopefully there is still plenty of active people on this forum to help me. I own a 716i, ive been working in the build for a few months now. I know suppressors have been discussed, im hoping someone can point me in the right direction i. What would be best.
I have narrowed it down to 3 suppressors. Which of these 3 would you guys think to be a better fit for the 716i
The Sig SLX suppressor, the Surefire RC2 or the Surefire RC2 mini.
Im thinking Sigs will work with no issues on the 726i, but im concerned about durability since i dont have loads of cash to buy multiple I believe in buying once. I know Surefire is definitely durable but after reading through im worried about the rifle being too over gassed with any of the SF options, i dont want to have to worry about finding a solution such as an adjustable Gas Block. Any input i consider helpful, please let me know if any of you have experience with any of these i know a few guys on here run the Mini2 , does anyone know besides the weight and length if theres any more benefits to it over the RC2 non mini.
TIA
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 9:58:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#45]
Originally Posted By HRamir16:
Hopefully there is still plenty of active people on this forum to help me. I own a 716i, ive been working in the build for a few months now. I know suppressors have been discussed, im hoping someone can point me in the right direction i. What would be best.
I have narrowed it down to 3 suppressors. Which of these 3 would you guys think to be a better fit for the 716i
The Sig SLX suppressor, the Surefire RC2 or the Surefire RC2 mini.
Im thinking Sigs will work with no issues on the 726i, but im concerned about durability since i dont have loads of cash to buy multiple I believe in buying once. I know Surefire is definitely durable but after reading through im worried about the rifle being too over gassed with any of the SF options, i dont want to have to worry about finding a solution such as an adjustable Gas Block. Any input i consider helpful, please let me know if any of you have experience with any of these i know a few guys on here run the Mini2 , does anyone know besides the weight and length if theres any more benefits to it over the RC2 non mini.
TIA
View Quote

@goloud

I know you have experience with this direct topic. Perhaps you can provide @HRamir16 with advice.

Thanks in advance goloud!
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#46]
@HRamir16

The biggest question that you need to answer is what is your goal?

Being honest with ourselves, a shorter barrel .308 is never going to be “quiet”.

That out of the way, I will make the assumption that this won’t be a bench gun. If it is, a longer can might be ok.

My choice would be a short and fairly light suppressor that takes off most of the blast. Out of the three, the SIG would be my choice to reduce back pressure. But the titanium SLH compact model (SLH762TIC) which is 5.2” and 9 ounces. The compact titanium version doesn’t come in QD. The full size (SLH762TI-QD) does at 7.5” and 13.4 ounces.

There are other manufacturers/models that perform as well, but I could talk all night…

Gratuitous SIG silencer pic:

@goloud

I know you have experience with this direct topic. Perhaps you can provide @HRamir16 with advice.

Thanks in advance goloud!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By berserker19:
View Quote

Just measured mine - right side selector lever is 23mm (from tip of pointer to end of lever) and left side is 28mm.

Whether it's proprietary is a question I can't answer for sure, but when I took things apart to install an upgraded trigger it sure looked like the ambi selector I put on my mate's 5.56 rifle - she's a lefty.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By goloud:
@HRamir16
My choice would be a short and fairly light suppressor that takes off most of the blast. Out of the three, the SIG would be my choice to reduce back pressure. But the titanium SLH compact model (SLH762TIC) which is 5.2” and 9 ounces. The compact titanium version doesn’t come in QD. The full size (SLH762TI-QD) does at 7.5” and 13.4 ounces.
Attachment Attached File

View Quote

I'd slightly amend your recommendations to the SLX762 series.  The SLX is designed more for supersonic use where the SLH is more designed for subsonic use.  I've got both the SLX762 and SLX762C and I'm going to use the SLX762 on the 716I and the SLX762C on the Cross, both 16" .308 barrels.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Still a shooter. Stretched out to some steel today ~250 with some PPU ball; those white dots are 3/4 IPSC targets. Yes, I was shooting through the covered area.  This gun is still better than me, and so much fun to shoot.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Still a shooter. Stretched out to some steel today ~250 with some PPU ball; those white dots are 3/4 IPSC targets. Yes, I was shooting through the covered area.  This gun is still better than me, and so much fun to shoot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323065/IMG_8774-EDITtn-3000633.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323065/IMG_8776-EDITtn-3000638.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323065/Untitled-3000648.png

View Quote

@Eames

Looks like you didn't have anybody bitching about you shooting through the covered area  either... Good shoot IMO! Sick looking 716I!
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top