Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
MCX: Generation 3/SPEAR LT (Page 42 of 42)
Page / 42
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Roadblock:

This just feels bigger than it needs to be.

I really want the SIG Cross Trax stock for my LT. I have a spare Spear locking hinge here just waiting for SIG to sell them as a spare part. I hope they just make them in Coyote too!

Hell, I'd probably run the Cross Trax stock on my Spear too! I prefer the skeletonized look over the tube and Magpul stock.

View Quote

That makes one of us. I hated the minimalist. Shot my 20rds to try it out, buffer adapter went right on
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#2]

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:44:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#3]
Originally Posted By ErauRifleman:

That makes one of us. I hated the minimalist. Shot my 20rds to try it out, buffer adapter went right on
View Quote
I think that was my main draw to the LT, I wanted that thin compact look. The URGI with the LAW folder is a little too bulky to actually fold for what I like. I just have it so it's a "pistol" in my state. Probably would have just stuck with an AR if it wasn't for that aspect of the LT and the Minimalist Pro stock.

What I really wanted was the OG Kate Moss in Coyote was I wasn't paying $500 for one and I didn't want a reproduction. The stock on the Cross Trax looks great! Little longer, that raise hump to get you up to your optic easier without running an angled cheek riser, I can't wait try one on a Spear hinge.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hamsandwich34:

I have a 11.5 556 LT and have run it with my SLH762itCQD, SLH300tiQD and my SLX556CQD lives on it (or my 10in legacy 556 MCX upper)
View Quote

When I get my Spear LT I’m thinking of getting an sig can so I don’t have to mess with the taper and muzzle device. I honestly wish I wouldn’t have passed up the old SRD9-LE made for the MPX but it works with the wolf man just fine. But I’ve read great things about sig cans.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:

When I get my Spear LT I'm thinking of getting an sig can so I don't have to mess with the taper and muzzle device. I honestly wish I wouldn't have passed up the old SRD9-LE made for the MPX but it works with the wolf man just fine. But I've read great things about sig cans.
View Quote

@StillGonnaSendIt

The MIL-SRD9-MPX can is still in production, available through first responder/APP/LEO/MIL purchase program.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

@StillGonnaSendIt

The MIL-SRD9-MPX can is still in production, available through first responder/APP/LEO/MIL purchase program.
View Quote

@silasB unfortunately I’m none of those lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Ran a carbine course yesterday with my sig. I am very happy with how it performed. No issues at all and the Ambi controls worked great for doing Malfunction drills while moving. The recoil impulse is different than a lot of other guns I have shot. Not sure why but the dynamics of how I shoot and the Sig made it seem easier to get on target quickly for rapid follow up shots. I did take the Minimalist stock off of mine and out the Magpul system that comes on the Full size spear. I really like the SL-K stocks and will be converting most of my SBRs to them.

I really want to get a short upper conversion for my other shorties, but I do have a 10.5 Jakl on hand. Its not the same quality as the sig but its still a fun little rifle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my MCX LT 9inch in 556 pistol.  I shot it 2x now. 75gn GD, M855, M193, Mk318 SOST.  All reliable and accurate. Gun is zeroed for GD 75gn.  I put a trigger tech trigger and a Holosun SCRS red dot.  It's an amazing weapon.  It's a really hard gun to find as a pistol. I am teaming it up with a SLX556C-QD suppressor this week
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have the 10in hand guard on the 16in barrel? Just curious what that looks like.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Received a 5.56 rattler LT. Just a heads up to anyone, these are threaded in 5/8x24
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BoogieMan2:
Received a 5.56 rattler LT. Just a heads up to anyone, these are threaded in 5/8x24
View Quote

You better check again. The 300BLK is 5/8x24 and the 5.56 is 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Buddy, it’s sitting literally in front of me. It’s 5/8x24. It’s roll marked 5.56 nato and I happen to have an IQ over 10. It’s 5/8, wanna argue it? Call sig next week and ask. I confirmed today all 5.56 rattlers will be in 5/8x24. Called to see if this was a mix up and apparently not. Doesn’t make the most sense to me but yeah.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Buddy, it’s sitting literally in front of me. It’s 5/8x24. It’s roll marked 5.56 nato and I happen to have an IQ over 10. It’s 5/8, wanna argue it? Call sig next week and ask. I confirmed today all 5.56 rattlers will be in 5/8x24. Called to see if this was a mix up and apparently not. Doesn’t make the most sense to me but yeah.
View Quote

The 556 Rattler LT are threaded 5/8x24.  This is a parts standardization from mil/gov customers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By coregon:

The 556 Rattler LT are threaded 5/8x24.  This is a parts standardization from mil/gov customers.
View Quote

So when the 5.56 Rattlers LT barrels become available, they will all be 5/8X24?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Sorry, didn’t mean to insult your intelligence. Little surprised Sig did that. I’m actually waiting to get a 5.56 Rattler LT barrel and now I have to purchase some new flash hiders. I just spent a lot on some B&T 1/2x28 flash hiders to use on my B&T Rotex-X. Darn Sig for always changing things and yea I know it’s based on Mil/Gov contracts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#16]
ARP used to do 556 barrels in 5/8 threads. They claimed having more meat at the muzzle thread reduced impact to accuracy from muzzle device torque.

Or something like that. It makes more sense the way they explained it.

I'm glad to see this actually.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Will Sig be releasing Rattler LT barrels? If so, are they compatible with the Spear LT upper receiver?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By htxdriller:
Will Sig be releasing Rattler LT barrels? If so, are they compatible with the Spear LT upper receiver?
View Quote

They should be releasing them. People will want spares or eventually to replace shot out barrels.

Rattler LT seems to be using the same receiver as the standard Spear-LT. So yes, it'll fit. Just need to get the short handguard.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By coregon:

View Quote

Does the standardization of the 5/8 x 24 TPI apply to the Sig MCX Virtus platform?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Roque_Guinart:

Does the standardization of the 5/8 x 24 TPI apply to the Sig MCX Virtus platform?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I was to slow thinking about it because I just spent a ton of money on a new transmission.

But someone got a hell of a deal on a factory Spear LT SBR. Modern Warriors had a 30% off promotion today.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
I was to slow thinking about it because I just spent a ton of money on a new transmission.

But someone got a hell of a deal on a factory Spear LT SBR. Modern Warriors had a 30% off promotion today.

https://i.imgur.com/6X8lHE5.png
View Quote
I tried to use the discount code but it didn't work?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
View Quote

They only had one in stock. And the code is good for in stock only.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#24]

https://i.imgur.com/6X8lHE5.png
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#25]

They only had one in stock. And the code is good for in stock only.
View Quote
They have an 11.5 inch in stock and the discount doesn't work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:10:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#26]
SIG has the new Romeo 4T Pros (CR2032), in Black, in-stock, SIGWEB10 for a 10% discount and free shipping!

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#27]
Delete
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Thinking or picking up a 9" 300blk for home defense. If using identical cans, how does it compare to the 5.5" Rattler in concussion/sound with supersonic rounds?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:
Thinking or picking up a 9" 300blk for home defense. If using identical cans, how does it compare to the 5.5" Rattler in concussion/sound with supersonic rounds?
View Quote

If you're running a larger volume can, it's going to be six in one, half a dozen in the other.  Your naked ear may notice a tonal difference but there's no way you can quantify the actual difference.

I hunt with a 5.5 inch rattler.  Sometimes i've got my helmet mounted ear pro on, sometimes i don't.

Pick the one you want and just get that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

If you're running a larger volume can, it's going to be six in one, half a dozen in the other.  Your naked ear may notice a tonal difference but there's no way you can quantify the actual difference.

I hunt with a 5.5 inch rattler.  Sometimes i've got my helmet mounted ear pro on, sometimes i don't.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I already have the Rattler and a legacy SIG Ti can that I've been using on it.

Was looking to potentially help save my kid's hearing a bit more, should I ever need to utilize it in home defense and not give up terminal effect of the round by moving to subs over supers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#32]

I already have the Rattler and a legacy SIG Ti can that I've been using on it.

Was looking to potentially help save my kid's hearing a bit more, should I ever need to utilize it in home defense and not give up terminal effect of the round by moving to subs over supers.
View Quote

Roger that brother.

There are so many variables there.  Proximity of your child to the round being fired.  Size of the room, round used, muzzle velocity etc.  I don't think the barrel length difference is going to matter.  As long as you get a can that's relatively corked up, you're going to maximize your sound suppression.

I still think you should pick the one you want. :)
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know if the 5.56 7.75” version rail will work with the 6.75”  300blk barrel? Or does it need to be used with the 6.75” rail version.

Thinking about getting the 5.56 7.75” rattler first then 300blk when they become available since it seem like 300blk barrel be easier to find vs 7.75” 5.56 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#34]
This is probably a dumb question…guys with the 11.5 barrels, are the handguards 10” or longer? Photos seem to put the end of the handguard right at the muzzle device but with my subpar math skills that doesn’t check out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Finally available!!!!
But not in Illinois (from SIG)  

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Have a buddy out of state grab one for you and then take a road trip

Link for purchase
View All Quotes

I just want the damned handguard!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#38]
Originally Posted By Moto-M187:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moto-M187:

Getting closer to having those and barrels. If this follows the usual pattern, we'll get full weapons first, then complete uppers and then finally individual parts/components.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Great video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6efiG_1b7A

Long story short, Spear LT accuracy sucks.  I'm still not mad about it as I've never had any issue hitting anything i've aimed at with my 11.5 inch gun.  It's been utterly reliable, accurate enough and really pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Great video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6efiG_1b7A

Long story short, Spear LT accuracy sucks.  I'm still not mad about it as I've never had any issue hitting anything i've aimed at with my 11.5 inch gun.  It's been utterly reliable, accurate enough and really pleasant to shoot.
View Quote

Your 11.5" is a chrome lined phosphate barrel and their 16" will be a nitride. I'm curious if these manufacturing differences would potentially impact the accuracy.

Also possible the Spear-LT just doesn't care for the IMI 77 grain.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Your 11.5" is a chrome lined phosphate barrel and their 16" will be a nitride. I'm curious if these manufacturing differences would potentially impact the accuracy.

View Quote
My 16" Virtus hated that load, but it would stack M193 like it was its job.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#42]
We discussed on this forum and Sig Talk, the legacy and virtus really seem to like .223 loads better than 5.56. And at that it tended to not be the heavier ones.

The MCX is really a strange beast in what it looked to eat.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:09:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#43]

View Quote

That's not necessarily true my good man.

The W marked LEO sku's have chrome lined barrels across the 5.56 range.  I have no clue what gun they've got.

Your point about the 77 grain bullet stands.  No clue what these things really like as I've never shot mine for accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#44]

The W marked LEO sku's have chrome lined barrels across the 5.56 range.  I have no clue what gun they've got.

Your point about the 77 grain bullet stands.  No clue what these things really like as I've never shot mine for accuracy.
View All Quotes

Willing to bet their 16" in the video is a non-LE nitride model but I suppose it is possible they secured a LE model. Barrel in the video seems to have the Nitride shine though. All 11.5 Spear-LT setups are chrome lined/phosphate, per SIG and retailers.

Before I parted ways with my 11.5", it didn't seem to care for MK262 from Black Hills.
Page / 42
Next Page Arrow Left
MCX: Generation 3/SPEAR LT (Page 42 of 42)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top