Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2012 7:59:55 PM EDT
We just put in an offer on a home, and it has a perfect location for a rather secure storage room.  I am planning on turning a corner of the basement into a man cave/safe room, approximately 12x14.   I have already figured out how I am going to build and secure the room, and while it won't be as sturdy as a vault, it will be smash and grab proof, and will deter most punks or crackheads from gaining access.  Since this room will be my man cave, I'd like to display most/all of my guns nicely, but I would like to use some sort of locking racks as a last line of defense if the room is broken into, and also something to keep kids/visitors from removing the guns if the room is left open.

I would like to have space to display about 30-35 long guns and 10 pistols. While I don't own that many, I want to leave a lot of room to expand, particularly because I have the first of a bunch of children on the way, and my family is a hunting family so each of my kids will likely have a few guns of their own.  

Budget for the racks will be $400-700 max.

I've been looking online for plans or ideas, and so far all I've come up with are these racks

They don't look quite as nice as I'd want, but should provide exactly the level of security I am looking for.  I'm thinking that I would probably buy 4 of the 9 long gun racks, and 4 of the 3 pistol racks, and that would leave me with ample storage space, and come in under my budget, and for that price, I would barely save any money by building something similar and finishing them myself

Anyone with any other ideas?  I'm not set on those style racks.  I might prefer to display them horizontally on the wall, but can't think of any practical ideas.

Building my own is not a problem, but can't really think of any better practical ideas.

Link Posted: 5/29/2012 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I know someone with a few M16 racks sitting around if you're interested.  They can hold certain other models of guns, I'm sure someone in here has a pic of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top