User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TanktheFrank:
Well speaking for myself, I haven't used ANY type of weapon in combat.

I use my lever action for hunting and fun, and because of its reliability, accessories and ease of use I'd have zero qualms using it in a defensive situation.
View Quote

Amen, brother... Amen!
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:

Not sure of the stitch, but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it. It's pretty easy.

There's even a kit on Amazon that can be purchased for $10...

D4 Guns Paracord Lever Wrap Kit for Lever-Action Rifles and Shotguns
View Quote

Yeah I have a cobra braid on mine but that looks different...like the one's on most of the ranger point guns out there.  Did you do that one yourself?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:

Yeah I have a cobra braid on mine but that looks different...like the one's on most of the ranger point guns out there.  Did you do that one yourself?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:

Not sure of the stitch, but there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it. It's pretty easy.

There's even a kit on Amazon that can be purchased for $10...

D4 Guns Paracord Lever Wrap Kit for Lever-Action Rifles and Shotguns

No, it's whatever braid that Remlin put of the Marlin Dark Series rifles. They came with the levers pre-wrapped.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I think it's done for now. I listed it up on the local buy/trade board to see what I could stir up but I'm sure I'll end up keeping it. Nothing offered so far has made me all tingly inside like the Henry. Haha.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:20:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#5]
Any new builds out there? It's been quiet... too quiet.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Any new builds out there? It's been quiet... too quiet.

https://i.imgur.com/QUzZ7oX.gif
View Quote

I'm still working on mine but it's getting close.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 66cuda:

I'm still working on mine but it's getting close.

https://i.imgur.com/zSPR3j3.jpg
View Quote

Now that's what I like to see.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Just finished up the build. I haven't zeroed or shot it yet, but it looks good sitting on the workbench.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Just finished up the build. I haven't zeroed or shot it yet, but it looks good sitting on the workbench.

https://i.imgur.com/0iT2HO8.jpg
View Quote

Respect.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I've started my tactical lever gun build. I've got more planned, but this is how it looks for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 6:23:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LR462] [#11]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
I've started my tactical lever gun build. I've got more planned, but this is how it looks for now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20230725_195605__2__jpg-2898317.JPG
View Quote

Looks dope. 1895 Trapper?

I'm trying to decide which platform to start with and which hand guard to go with. I'm leaning toward this one, Midwest Industries right? How do you feel about how it attaches? Sturdy?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LR462:

I'm trying to decide which platform to start with and which hand guard to go with. I'm leaning toward this one, Midwest Industries right? How do you feel about how it attaches? Sturdy?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LR462:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20230725_195605__2__jpg-2898317.JPG

Thanks, yes its a Ruger-Marlin 1895 Trapper. I'm happy with the Midwest Industries rail, although I've never handled the alternatives in person. Its plenty sturdy, attaches via 4 screws through the scope rail into the receiver as well as the same two side screws that the factory handguard attaches through. I haven't checked the flex in the MLOK portion for mounting a laser yet, but I'd bet the top rail is sturdy enough. The only issue I had is there is a set screw on the bottom just forward of the receiver; I over-tightened that and it was causing jams during feeding. I backed it off a half turn and no issues since then.

Because this is a picture thread, here's a sneak peek of the latest mod:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#14]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
Crap I posted this in the other picture thread before seeing this one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243189/IMG_2638-2890816.jpg
View Quote

You are forgiven by us, my son, for this is the thread for you, among thine like-minded, "tacticool" flock. Not sure if the lever gun purists will see it the same way in the other thread, but then again... who cares.

Nice addition. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I need to grab a couple stocks. Allegedly my buddy’s company is going to start selling one.

45LC and 357 Henrys

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks awesome! I like that shell holder on the stock, what brand is it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mlazarus:
Tactical Lever Gun with drill.
View Quote

I like what this drill aims to accomplish from a muscle memory perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Can you post more pics of your build? (This is a picture thread, after all.) Curious about which mount you went with for your Aimpoint. Looks like an ADM, but hard to tell.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:23:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#19]
Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:

I need to grab a couple stocks. Allegedly my buddy’s company is going to start selling one.

45LC and 357 Henrys

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268939/IMG_8474_jpeg-2937834.JPG
View Quote

Double Trouble... Thanks for sharing.

What's the name of your buddy's company?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Double Trouble... Thanks for sharing.

What's the name of your buddy's company?
View Quote

Patriot CNC out of OK. Louthan also.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:57:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Shaggs-] [#21]
My first lever. Henry Big Boy X in 357/38. I've got a thing for black multi-cam, ha. Fairly straight forward install. The gen 2 RP handguards are a little difficult to get in but once you see how it works, its not that hard. The only odd thing I noticed what that my mag tube didn't have a secondary set screw holding it in. Sure it had the single flat head screw but nothing under it. I couldn't get the tube out either but I had enough wiggle room to get the RP tenon in under it. Super stoked with how it turned out and can't wait to take it to the range.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:
My first lever. Henry Big Boy X in 357/38. I've got a thing for black multi-cam, ha. Fairly straight forward install. The gen 2 RP handguards are a little difficult to get in but once you see how it works, its not that hard. The only odd thing I noticed what that my mag tube didn't have a secondary set screw holding it in. Sure it had the single flat head screw but nothing under it. I couldn't get the tube out either but I had enough wiggle room to get the RP tenon in under it. Super stoked with how it turned out and can't wait to take it to then range.

https://i.imgur.com/9QuBKDU.jpg
View Quote

Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I got my Form adjustable stock finally. I also added some wood MLOK panels to balance out the tactical-ness of the front end.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I got my Form adjustable stock finally. I also added some wood MLOK panels to balance out the tactical-ness of the front end.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20230909_183644-1_jpg-2948512.JPG
View Quote

Yes, Bro! Fucking awesome. Glad to finally see another Form stock in here. They're expensive, but amazing. Well done, my friend. Nice build.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#25]

https://i.imgur.com/0iT2HO8.jpg
View Quote

You're gonna have to tell us what all you have there. You are giving me some ideas for mine,thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:24:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#27]
A lot of great looking set-ups in here. One thing has me wondering though. All the pic rail mounted AR height optics like the  Eotechs , or the qd scope mounts seem excessively high, like chin-weld, if that even. Is no one having an issue without some sort of cheek riser?

ETA: I see that I didn't scroll far enough and that's there's at least 1 adjustable cheek piece in here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
A lot of great looking set-ups in here. One thing has me wondering though. All the pic rail mounted AR height optics like the  Eotechs , or the qd scope mounts seem excessively high, like chin-weld, if that even. Is no one having an issue without some sort of cheek riser?

ETA: I see that I didn't scroll far enough and that's there's at least 1 adjustable cheek piece in here.
View Quote

I'm of the opinion that Marlin puts their stock comb too even for iron sights. That was probably how it was done traditionally but I like a higher comb.

I tried an eotech on my 1895 and very quickly decided it was too high. With a traditional scope low rings are a necessity in my opinion. I liked the sight picture with a low mount red dot, the front iron just peeking out into the field of view. An adjustable stock makes a huge difference in getting a good fit with various optics.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By patw:

You're gonna have to tell us what all you have there. You are giving me some ideas for mine,thanks.
View Quote

Here's what I've got:

Ranger Point Costa rail with Hoptic 2X2 quiver and an Arisaka hand stop, Chisel stock with Chisel 8 round soft quiver, Ranger Point hammer spur extension, Burris Fast Fire red dot.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Here's what I've got:

Ranger Point Costa rail with Hoptic 2X2 quiver and an Arisaka hand stop, Chisel stock with Chisel 8 round soft quiver, Ranger Point hammer spur extension, Burris Fast Fire red dot.

https://i.imgur.com/QJoNld4.jpg
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#31]
There's gotta be some more builds out there...

Anyone?

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 1:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#33]

What stock and cheek riser is that? I could use something similar and that riser looks like it might be better than the Ranger Point Precision riser.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#34]
No new Christmas lever guns?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine, waiting on my Primal for the Trapper. Octane .45 gets used on the Henry.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tbuck:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/765/Levers_jpg-3111807.JPG
View Quote

Very nice. Any chance you can acquire irons through the ACRO? Looks like they might be just barely out of view.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes, they are out of view. But it's on a B&T QD mount.

Very nice. Any chance you can acquire irons through the ACRO? Looks like they might be just barely out of view.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

QD is the way to be!

Nice rifles. Welcome to the family.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/765/Levers_jpg-3111807.JPG
View Quote

Does anyone maken a full length rail like that, but that has an integrated rmr or acro footprint to get the optic as low as possible?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Back in the lever gun game. Sold a Scar 17 that I couldn't make myself love and picked these two up.

Another henry BBX .357 and a 70's JM 336 with some custom work.

Attachment Attached File

Henry will get the short thumper treatment. Romeo 5 on a receiver rail, HLX on the left side with a clicky cap. Probably going to do a MI handguard and RPP stock before summertime. This is definitely the more fun between the two and will see more range use.

Marlin is being set up purely for hunting. Leup 2-7 with QR rings is going to be installed Tuesday. Butt cuff shell holder should be here in a few days as well. I don't plan on mounting a light full time, but I can always hang a red-light off the XS rail for night time pigs. It's already lighter than the BBX and will be my hunting rifle when I don't need the extra legs from my AT308.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sketchy] [#41]
Henry in 45 colt. Unfinished project
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#42]
One step closer to finishing these two. Still lusting after a GBL 45/70 for some reason.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sketchy:
Henry in 45 colt. Unfinished projecthttps://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/2751/y4SY5C.jpg
View Quote

Very nice. Classic caliber transformed... Love it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TanktheFrank:
One step closer to finishing these two. Still lusting after a GBL 45/70 for some reason.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/483994/1000009155_jpg-3137124.JPG
View Quote

Great additions... Reminded me of Twins, a la Arnold and Danny Devito!

Curious... What's left on your "completion list"?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:28:59 PM EDT
[#45]

45 colt goodness with 357 sidekick
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Great additions... Reminded me of Twins, a la Arnold and Danny Devito!

Curious... What's left on your "completion list"?
View Quote

Needed to add a red dot and wml to the 357, and a 2-7 leup to the 30/30. Taking both with me on a hog hunt this weekend but one for day and one for shenanigans after dark.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#48]
About as tactical as I'm going with this one,
Attachment Attached File
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top