BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GO4SHOOT:

CaptShiess those are great looking rigs.  I love the short suppressors. What length are they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:

I’ve given up on finding a 1894 dark in .357... I hope Ruger makes them in 2021 but who knows. Until then, the stainless will have to do.
https://i.imgur.com/jVcbLUj.jpg

CaptShiess those are great looking rigs.  I love the short suppressors. What length are they?

Thanks!  One is an omega9k and the other is the dead air wolf.  Not sure the lengths as I’m not home right now but they are short. The omega9k is quieter but the wolf in K config is still very quiet with 38spl.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#2]
My Henry Big Boy X .44 Mag/SPL is inbound, so this is a placeholder. I intend to throw one of my PERST4s, a Trijicon SRS (for now), and my pistol can on it and shoot for fun and hogs.

Update:
I was hopeful the gun would show up at my FFL today, but alas, it did not. Maybe Sat.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
My Henry Big Boy X .44 Mag/SPL is inbound, so this is a placeholder. I intend to throw one of my PERST4s, a Trijicon SRS (for now), and my pistol can on it and shoot for fun and hogs.
View Quote

Nice! Welcome to the party. The SRS will definitely compliment the "Rusky" look of the Perst. After having seen what you bring to the night vision threads, I'm looking forward to this one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:

Nice! Welcome to the party. The SRS will definitely compliment the "Rusky" look of the Perst. After having seen what you bring to the night vision threads, I'm looking forward to this one.
View All Quotes

I’d like to go all Ranger Point (rail and forearm) but they’re really REALLY proud of their products. Of course, I live 30 min from their business, so I might call and see if they have a show room so I can handle various examples of their products (and maybe one mounted on a firearm)
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg] [#5]
I' going down this rabbit hole, probably with an 1894 CST, but will put a walnut stock on it.  I saw someone last year with walnut mlok covers, looks like Black Wood USA.  Any others?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one in “stainless.”   Honestly, is it really stainless?   It’s unlike any other stainless steel firearm I’ve owned.  

I’m contemplating cerakote because it looks kinda odd.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mossyrocks:
I' going down this rabbit hole, probably with an 1894 CST, but will put a walnut stock on it.  I saw someone last year with walnut mlok covers, looks like Black Wood USA.  Any others?
View Quote

http://www.indignantarms.com/store/p40/IA_Classic_M-LOK%E2%84%A2_Rail_Panels.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

http://www.indignantarms.com/store/p40/IA_Classic_M-LOK%E2%84%A2_Rail_Panels.html

That's the one I saw, thanks brother!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Kind of want
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#10]
All of this talk is cheap... Need more pics!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:58:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#11]

I plan to drive over to RangerPointPrecision tomorrow to check out their MLOK forearm.

I loaded up three 5 shot strings of 44 Mag ranging from middle to HOT and I’m trying to find a recipe for subsonic 44 mag with 240 gr bullets. I need a LabRadar.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#12]
https://i.imgur.com/zc1YgU7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TuejpnY.jpg

I plan to drive over to RangerPointPrecision tomorrow to check out their MLOK firearm.

I loaded up three 5 shot strings of 44 Mag ranging from middle to HOT and I’m trying to find a recipe for subsonic 44 mag with 240 gr bullets. I need a LabRadar.
View Quote

Oh, baby... Here we go! Nice snag. What did you pay, and where, if you don't mind. Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Oh, baby... Here we go! Nice snag. What did you pay, and where, if you don't mind. Just curious.
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/zc1YgU7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TuejpnY.jpg

I plan to drive over to RangerPointPrecision tomorrow to check out their MLOK firearm.

Scheels (Somewhere in Kansas) $799 before tax, shipping, FFL transfer. About $950 in all.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
All of this talk is cheap... Need more pics!
View Quote
I'll post more once I have my optic and mount on my 1894.  I snagged a green PA Cyclops Prismatic (which is admittedly beyond it's published specifications for eyebox on a lever action), and am now waiting on a LaRue mount for it to lower it down a bit.  But given LaRue's backlog, it might be a bit.

But I can't wait until it's good and done
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
..... I’m trying to find a recipe for subsonic 44 mag with 240 gr bullets. I need a LabRadar.
View Quote

No you don't need a chronograph, use your ears.  
For low noise you want the fastest powder and lightest bullet.  

What powders do you have available?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:20:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#16]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

View All Quotes
..... I’m trying to find a recipe for subsonic 44 mag with 240 gr bullets. I need a LabRadar.

H110- I’ve got a ladder from 16.5 gr (below min) up to 24.5 gr (below max)
AA1680 (I’ve only seen a few loads with 1680 for 300 gr projectiles, which I have 50 or so of)
I also have a buttload of Titegroup, but I’m not sure how well it would function in this case use.

Here it is with the Henry Picatinny Rail, Trijicon SRS, and PERST-4P (vis/IR Russian laser aiming module). Waiting on the SilencerCo 3Lug Muzzle device that is enroute from SilencerShop. Probably arrive Wed/Thurs, then I’ll be able to mount my can!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:09:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morgan321] [#17]
H110....AA1680 ....I also have a buttload of Titegroup, but I’m not sure how well it would function in this case use.
View Quote

I was just barely able to get imr4227 subsonic with 300gr jacketed bullets in 44mag, it's similar burn rate to h110.  h110 has all the low charge warnings and urban legend associated with it though so I would avoid it just to be safe.  
Slow powders are louder, so if you're chasing quiet h110 is a poor choice even if it works safely.

I've used a lot of titegrouup - hodgdon website has load data for tons of bullets in both 44spl and 44mag.  So I had no issue using spl level loads in mag brass and simply adjusted the charge up until I got the sound I wanted, the charge ended up well above the spl starting load and well below the mag max load.  Titegroup works great for me but it leaves brass fairly dirty.  

Bullseye and trailboss are the best powders I've tried - they work well and are very clean.  Bullseye makes me pay attention though because a few grains of it can almost get lost in a 44mag case - you need to be very careful not to overcharge!  When I use bullseye I charge 50 cases at a time in a tray so that I can look at all 50 at once and eyeball that the powder level is the same across all cases.  A double charge is impossible to detect otherwise.  Trailboss is the easy choice if you can get it because it's impossible to overcharge.

If you adjust your load based on sound you'll probably find that you end up around 1000fps or even slower because noise rises exponentially with velocity as you approach supersonic.  ie. 1050fps is significantly louder than 950.  
Don't be afraid to go slow - I've made ammo as slow as 700fps and had zero issues with bullets getting stuck in barrels.  900-1000fps seems to be where I always end up - I load for minimum noise.
Smaller case volume is also quieter, so spl brass will be quieter than mag brass if you load the same bullet to the same velocity with the same powder.  
Lighter bullets are quieter - I mostly use jacketed 240gr now because the nosler 250rd boxes are about the cheapest jacketed bullets at normal prices and I got a bunch on sale locally last year.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Here it is with the Henry Picatinny Rail, Trijicon SRS, and PERST-4P (vis/IR Russian laser aiming module). Waiting on the SilencerCo 3Lug Muzzle device that is enroute from SilencerShop. Probably arrive Wed/Thurs, then I'll be able to mount my can!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71141/D19C6758-8D36-4B73-B134-BC2F2F1F0840_jpe-1765914.JPG
View Quote
That is a fascinating set of parts.  Why, what made you choose all those accessories to put on your rifle?  The SRS isn't common, and I don't know anyone with Russian electronics anymore.

Just what you had laying around?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:35:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#19]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
That is a fascinating set of parts.  Why, what made you choose all those accessories to put on your rifle?  The SRS isn't common, and I don't know anyone with Russian electronics anymore. Massive thread in NVG forum about the PERST line.

View All Quotes
Here it is with the Henry Picatinny Rail, Trijicon SRS, and PERST-4P (vis/IR Russian laser aiming module). Waiting on the SilencerCo 3Lug Muzzle device that is enroute from SilencerShop. Probably arrive Wed/Thurs, then I'll be able to mount my can!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/71141/D19C6758-8D36-4B73-B134-BC2F2F1F0840_jpe-1765914.JPG
That is a fascinating set of parts.  Why, what made you choose all those accessories to put on your rifle?  The SRS isn't common, and I don't know anyone with Russian electronics anymore. Massive thread in NVG forum about the PERST line.

Yes, the SRS got taken off of my 300 BLK upper because I hunt hogs with a thermal.

Lots of people have PERSTs. They’re cheaper and just as effective as US built options that have a similar feature set (and I have some of each).

I’ll probably buy a TNVC TOR to put on it, simply due to reduced footprint. Also, I made it to RangerPointPrecision today and I really like that hand guard and I’m gonna buy one.

ETA: bought a TNVC TOR MINI yesterday. Should be here next week
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Whats wrong with fast powder, heavy bullet?

I assume it means more powder, but I know nothing about reloading.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:
Whats wrong with fast powder, heavy bullet?

I assume it means more powder, but I know nothing about reloading.
View Quote

Heavy bullet needs higher average pressure to get to the same velocity as a lighter bullet.  Higher pressure means  more noise when the bullet leaves the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ENGCPT:
Oh wait.  You're serious.

I decided I wanted a dark to suppress.  Started looking around, ordered a suppressor, kept looking, suppressor showed up.  No dark (unless I was willing to pay 400 over more for gunbroker).
Walked into a local dealer and found a Henry X for 750 otd.

Sold!
View Quote

I wanted a Dark in 45-70 but gave up looking a long time ago. Thought about it again this week and decided to check our local gun classified. Couldn't believe there was a guy looking to trade his. Traded him this morning for the Tavor SAR I've been trying to get rid of for over a year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

I wanted a Dark in 45-70 but gave up looking a long time ago. Thought about it again this week and decided to check our local gun classified. Couldn't believe there was a guy looking to trade his. Traded him this morning for the Tavor SAR I've been trying to get rid of for over a year.
View Quote
In dollar terms (wholesale to wholesale), I think that guy came out ahead.  But getting rid of something you don't want, in order to acquire unobtainum, during this insane panic?  You got a screaming deal, especially given what the darks are bringing these days
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#24]
In dollar terms (wholesale to wholesale), I think that guy came out ahead.  But getting rid of something you don't want, in order to acquire unobtainum, during this insane panic? You got a screaming deal, especially given what the darks are bringing these days
View Quote

I'm glad he wanted it because no one else around here has, even during this panic. I had it listed a few times and got zero interest.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

View Quote

Pics, or it never happened! LOL. (This is supposed to be a picture thread, after all...)

Congrats on your find! Let us know what you have planned.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Here it is with the Henry Picatinny Rail, Trijicon SRS, and PERST-4P (vis/IR Russian laser aiming module). Waiting on the SilencerCo 3Lug Muzzle device that is enroute from SilencerShop. Probably arrive Wed/Thurs, then I’ll be able to mount my can!
View Quote

@lilMAC25
Dude, I'm digging it so far! Love the fact that you're going all-in... optics, laser, light, rail. When I saw that SRS height over bore, though, my first thought was "Holy Shit... I hope this doesn't give anyone a stroke!" (Just kidding.) If it works for you, it works... period. I can't wait to see what you do once you get the RPP rail installed.

Quick question on the Perst... where on the unit is the emitter? I'm curious if once you mount to the rail there will be a way to put it "in-line" with the bore, ITAL-style. With 44mag it might not matter, but for the heavier 45-70, I find that having the beam as close to and in-line with the barrel as possible makes approximating impacts inside/outside 100 yard zero so much easier.

I wouldn't mind some close-up pics of the laser and mount, if not too much trouble. Don't know too much about these "commie creations" yet, other than the recent gain in popularity.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#27]
The Perst 4P (P=Pistol) puts the lasers in line with the bore.
Attachment Attached File

The way it is currently mounted is directly to the Picatinny rail at the bottom front of the Henry handguard.
Attachment Attached File

I’ve got a RPP forearm on order.

I have a TNVC TOR MINI en route to replace this LAM on this rifle, as much to reduce weight as for any other reason.

I like the high placement of the RDS on the rifle, as this should allow me to align it with head-mounted NVG while hog hunting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#28]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/image_jpg-1777948.JPG
The way it is currently mounted is directly to the Picatinny rail at the bottom front of the Henry handguard.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/image_jpg-1777950.JPG

I have a TNVC TOR MINI en route to replace this LAM on this rifle, as much to reduce weight as for any other reason.

I like the high placement of the RDS on the rifle, as this should allow me to align it with head-mounted NVG while hog hunting.
View Quote

Nice! Thanks for the info/pics. Now it makes sense with the "P". Can't wait to see it with the rail and TOR. Also, regarding height of optic... that's all that matters. If it works for your purposes, roll with it!

Any lights/IR illuminators planned? This one is definitely coming together nicely.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
https://i.imgur.com/bQ9Ohu0.jpg
View Quote

Love it!

It's "T2: Judgement Day"!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:29:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#31]

Nice! Thanks for the info/pics. Now it makes sense with the "P". Can't wait to see it with the rail and TOR. Also, regarding height of optic... that's all that matters. If it works for your purposes, roll with it!

Any lights/IR illuminators planned? This one is definitely coming together nicely.
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/image_jpg-1777948.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/image_jpg-1777950.JPG

Yes. I want to add an Arisaka/Malkoff IR light. Probably the EX IR 250. I want to talk to Ranger Point Precision and try to convince them to add an MLOK slot up high near the front end. It would allow me to add an IR light in an extremely low profile well tucked position (1 o’clock, since I’m left handed) on one side and the TOR mini on the other.

Also, I just ordered 2 Grovetec limited rotation threaded QD bases and a tap. I’m going to install these into the Henry polymer stock. Depending on ease of installation, I may eventually purchase a 3rd for installation on the bottom of the stock. If I screw it up, I’ll just buy a wooden stock to replace the poly.

Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
https://i.imgur.com/bQ9Ohu0.jpg
gorgeous

Edit to add my rifle (thus far). I think I’ll be looking for an RMR or something similar to replace this SRS. Try to cut the weight down some. Hoping to have a chance to finally shoot it tomorrow.

Shot it. It’s awesome. Even the full house 44 Mag loads are relatively quiet. Today I drilled the stock (it’s hollow) and added a QD base to each side.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#32]

Edit to add my rifle (thus far). I think I’ll be looking for an RMR or something similar to replace this SRS. Try to cut the weight down some. Hoping to have a chance to finally shoot it tomorrow.
https://i.imgur.com/qDpLa3L.jpg

Shot it. It’s awesome. Even the full house 44 Mag loads are relatively quiet. Today I drilled the stock (it’s hollow) and added a QD base to each side.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/83630BB9-82D7-45C8-9E7C-23E8890865A3_jpe-1788255.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/EE67A0E6-66CC-4D43-A652-DAF5A04F80F0_jpe-1788257.JPG
View Quote

Wow, looks great! Very nice work on the flush cups, too.

I would recommend the Leupold Deltapoint Pro over the RMR. I own, and have tried both. The field of view for the DPP is much nicer and you don't have to remove it from the mount to change the battery, like with the RMR. Granted, you wouldn't have to do this often, but when you do, you'll be forced to re-zero each time you re-mount.

TOR-Mini looks great, too. What's the update on the RPP rail? Once the rail is installed, I recommend Arisaka low profile picatinny rail sections for the laser. They're the lowest I've found on the market.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

@Mossyrocks

We are still patiently waiting for what lies at the bottom of the rabbit hole. Love the "all-in" mentality, but the suspense is killing us!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#34]
More pics, my Lever Operators!

I am now debating on a "Tactical Precision Lever" build in 30-30... perhaps with a LPVO. Should I do it?

Like Scarface, "First you get the money, then you get the rifle, then you get the optic..."
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#35]

I would recommend the Leupold Deltapoint Pro over the RMR. I own, and have tried both. The field of view for the DPP is much nicer and you don't have to remove it from the mount to change the battery, like with the RMR. Granted, you wouldn't have to do this often, but when you do, you'll be forced to re-zero each time you re-mount.

TOR-Mini looks great, too. What's the update on the RPP rail? Once the rail is installed, I recommend Arisaka low profile picatinny rail sections for the laser. They're the lowest I've found on the market.
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/qDpLa3L.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/83630BB9-82D7-45C8-9E7C-23E8890865A3_jpe-1788255.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/EE67A0E6-66CC-4D43-A652-DAF5A04F80F0_jpe-1788257.JPG

I ordered the RPP rail on 1/6, so it should be getting close (I was quoted 2-3 weeks).

I’ll shoot them an email and see what their response is.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the Arisaka lo pro rail sections. I’ll buy the IR head at the same time as I grab one of those sections.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
If memory serves, the DPP has key internal components secured with double sided tape; it's been discussed here multiple times.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven-Shooter] [#38]

The SRO, I think it is?  Is a much wider FOV, and has a top-mounted battery tray.  There was a thread in GD about how it's not for duty use, but Jaegerworks makes a metal shield for it (as seen on the soon-to-be-my TRR8 above).

Since I have a bunch of stuff on LaRue mounts, I can swap and take some pictures once I finally do the paperwork for this thing, as I'll be able to stuff the SRO on my 1894 for pictures and such.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#39]
If memory serves, the DPP has key internal components secured with double sided tape; it's been discussed here multiple times.
View Quote

The Leupold DPP is a ruggedized optic fit for hard duty and can withstand significant levels of recoil without loss of zero. Please post links and/or pics to support claims like this. A quick google search returned no results for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By firepyro515:
https://i.imgur.com/bKMEuhLh.jpg?1
View Quote

Now here's a guy who gets it! Beautiful work, my friend... Excellent choice with the T2 / ADM mount, as well.

I'd be curious to see your tapeswitch setup on the left side.

More like this, folks... Keep 'em coming!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/2E272FEC-58F5-4D33-BCA0-94656DA4511A-1793036.jpg

The SRO, I think it is?  Is a much wider FOV, and has a top-mounted battery tray.  There was a thread in GD about how it's not for duty use, but Jaegerworks makes a metal shield for it (as seen on the soon-to-be-my TRR8 above).

Since I have a bunch of stuff on LaRue mounts, I can swap and take some pictures once I finally do the paperwork for this thing, as I'll be able to stuff the SRO on my 1894 for pictures and such.
View Quote

Agree that the SRO would be a better field of view than the RMR. Never knew about the need for the metal shield or the top loading battery capability, but sounds like another good option. Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Now here's a guy who gets it! Beautiful work, my friend... Excellent choice with the T2 / ADM mount, as well.

I'd be curious to see your tapeswitch setup on the left side.

More like this, folks... Keep 'em coming!
View Quote

Thanks.

The tape switch is a ST07 sitting in a Cloud Defensive LCS MK1 Mlok mount.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By firepyro515:

Thanks.

The tape switch is a ST07 sitting in a Cloud Defensive LCS MK1 Mlok mount.
https://i.imgur.com/SaKD6rKh.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful... My money was on an LCS. Nice work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven-Shooter] [#44]

The Leupold DPP is a ruggedized optic fit for hard duty and can withstand significant levels of recoil without loss of zero. Please post links and/or pics to support claims like this. A quick google search returned no results for me.
View Quote
This was easier before issues with Doxxing and the archives, but I'll toss out a few, that also mention issues with crucial battery contacts being flimsy:

One reference
Two reference
Red reference
Blue reference

Recent political issues killing the GD archives are a lamentable loss of information, but here we are.  Several members had battery contact points fail during match use.  Their documented issues pushed me towards the SRO w/shield to overcome its deficiencies (as documented by Aaron Cowen, whose White paper should be here.)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:23:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#45]
This was easier before issues with Doxxing and the archives, but I'll toss out a few, that also mention issues with crucial battery contacts being flimsy:

One reference
Two reference
Red reference
Blue reference

Recent political issues killing the GD archives are a lamentable loss of information, but here we are.  Several members had battery contact points fail during match use.  Their documented issues pushed me towards the SRO w/shield to overcome its deficiencies (as documented by Aaron Cowen, whose White paper should be here.)
View All Quotes

One reference
Two reference
Red reference
Blue reference

I have an SRO on a CZ Shadow2. I might have to acquire another for my rifle. I almost hate to do it though, because the SRS sits at the perfect height for me to look through it with helmet mounted NODS.

I did get out and align the laser and RDS last night at about 150 yds. Unfortunately, I will need to confirm zero on the RDS again, and then reconfirm laser zero. The top rail on the rifle had gotten a little loose, despite locktite, so I reapplied locktite and cranked down harder this time. OTOH, Kim from RangerPoint says the latest batch of rails is out for anodizing right now and will be shipping by the end of the coming week.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#46]

I have an SRO on a CZ Shadow2. I might have to acquire another for my rifle. I almost hate to do it though, because the SRS sits at the perfect height for me to look through it with helmet mounted NODS.

I did get out and align the laser and RDS last night at about 150 yds. Unfortunately, I will need to confirm zero on the RDS again, and then reconfirm laser zero. The top rail on the rifle had gotten a little loose, despite locktite, so I reapplied locktite and cranked down harder this time. OTOH, Kim from RangerPoint says the latest batch of rails is out for anodizing right now and will be shipping by the end of the coming week.
View Quote
Regarding the SRO, I would imagine a LaRue tall mount might help.

Also, one of the recent Henry emails included details of a "scout" type 12 o clock rail on their .45-70 that had some added length and an included aperture rear.  I wonder if something like that would be offered for your receiver size soon, or if that would be useful to you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]

That looks awesome!!  I can’t wait to get the hybrid for my 1895!  That griffin looks like it will be awesome!  What side saddle is that?  Looks perfect on that rifle!
Pic thread:
https://i.imgur.com/2dYMgRQ.jpg
View Quote

@CaptShiess

What mount are you using for the Vortex on the Henry?

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Also, one of the recent Henry emails included details of a "scout" type 12 o clock rail on their .45-70 that had some added length and an included aperture rear.  I wonder if something like that would be offered for your receiver size soon, or if that would be useful to you?
View All Quotes

I would like this. I almost bought an RPP rail, but I found the Henry for $35 on Amazon, so I snagged it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I’ve given up on finding a 1894 dark in .357... I hope Ruger makes them in 2021 but who knows. Until then, the stainless will have to do.
https://i.imgur.com/jVcbLUj.jpg

It is an omega 9k and DA wolf.  Great little cans!  Probably less than 5”?.  I’m not exactly. I should probably measure them.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top