BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CapnJazz:
Went into a local shop and left with a .357 Ruger made Marlin 1894. I was looking for a Miroku Winchester 1892 but they only had Rossi and Henry, and one last .357 1894, and these new Ruger Marlins were a very close second to a Miroku 92 for
View Quote

You did good, sir...

I'm a huge 92 fan, I own a Miroku 92 short rifle flavored in 45 LC. It's probably my favorite lever action. The Ruger/Marlin's have to be the best lever gun offered these days.  I'd love to see some pictures of itl
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:49:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wookie1562] [#2]
Originally Posted By golfish:

You did good, sir...

I'm a huge 92 fan, I own a Miroku 92 short rifle flavored in 45 LC. It's probably my favorite lever action. The Ruger/Marlin's have to be the best lever gun offered these days.  I'd love to see some pictures of itl
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Went into a local shop and left with a .357 Ruger made Marlin 1894. I was looking for a Miroku Winchester 1892 but they only had Rossi and Henry, and one last .357 1894, and these new Ruger Marlins were a very close second to a Miroku 92 for

You did good, sir...

+1 on looking like great rifles.

I'm really curious if these things will chamber wadcutter reloads.

Also tag for some photos. Let's see some of these awesome rifles

ETA - Also looking for trustworthy retailers with great prices
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t stand the 20in barrels on the 44.   Velocity normally peaks 14-16in.  Sight radius advantage is minimal there is no reason except to annoy me lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mc556:
I can’t stand the 20in barrels on the 44.   Velocity normally peaks 14-16in.  Sight radius advantage is minimal there is no reason except to annoy me lol
View Quote

It's all about that capacity!! Seriously I don't really want anything longer than 16" on most of my guns.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Went into a local shop and left with a .357 Ruger made Marlin 1894. I was looking for a Miroku Winchester 1892 but they only had Rossi and Henry, and one last .357 1894, and these new Ruger Marlins were a very close second to a Miroku 92 for me.

There’s enough meat on the end of the barrel to have it threaded and I’m really tempted so I can stick my can on it but it’s gonna look dumb.
View Quote

I just saw a 44 mag locally and I don't think it can be threaded without cutting the mag tube and probably moving the sight. How much room between mag tube or sight and muzzle on the 357?
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

It's all about that capacity!! Seriously I don't really want anything longer than 16" on most of my guns.
View All Quotes

A 16in .44 is a dream to carry through the thick SE woods.
Same goes for it being on the tractor or 4wheeler.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Most would probably be 12”-14” if not for NFA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I agree.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Perhaps, but I really like the 16" 1892 takedown.  Breaks down into 2 nearly equal halves.  
16" is about ideal for max velocity with most factory loads.
http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/357mag.html
Also, I like the 7 round mag capacity.  You lose 1 round per 2" barrel length reduction for an 1892 with a full length mag.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 4:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Karl_Withakay:

Perhaps, but I really like the 16" 1892 takedown.  Breaks down into 2 nearly equal halves.  
Also, I like the 7 round mag capacity.  You lose 1 round per 2" barrel length reduction for an 1892 with a full length mag.
View All Quotes

Comparing a 16" lever gun and an 18" revolver with cylinder gap is not apples-to-apples. Note that their chart above the "real world" keeps going up past 16".
I suspect that a 20" lever gun would gain a bit over the 16", plus 2 more rounds of capacity.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

Comparing a 16" lever gun and an 18" revolver with cylinder gap is not apples-to-apples. Note that their chart above the "real world" keeps going up past 16".
I suspect that a 20" lever gun would gain a bit over the 16", plus 2 more rounds of capacity.
View All Quotes

Who is talking about revolvers, let alone hypothetical ones with 18" barrels?  I know I did not specify "in lever action rifles" in my comment, but I assume it was understood in the context.

First of all, my comment was specifically replying to a comment about barrels SHORTER than 16"

Also, where in the linked chart (either in the actual firearms or test barrel data) does velocity keep going up past 16"?  I see only one number, in the test barrel data, that shows an increase in velocity for a barrel over 16", the Federal 125 gr. JHP..  In the test barrel data, there are some that show an increase from 17" to 18" that is still less than the velocity at 16".  You can't extrapolate that to assume an increase from 18" to 19" or 20".  

Here's what Buffalo bore has to say about their loads:  https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=541
These loads reach their maximum velocity in 16 inches of barrel, so if all things are equal, any barrel longer than about 20 inches, will cause bullet drag and will generate slower velocities as the barrel gets longer.

I stand by my statement that in a lever action rifle most factory loads reach their max velocity around a 16" barrel.  IF you want the shortest possible rifle without sacrificing velocity, 16" is the way to go.  

For additional interesting reading, see also:  VELOCITY VERSUS BARREL LENGTH

I never recommended against a 20" barrel.  (I have both 16" and 20" .357 leverguns.) There's really not going to be any meaningful difference in velocity between a 16" and 20" barrel:  If you care more about minimum overall length and weight with max velocity, go 16".  If you care more about mag capacity and sight radius for about the same practical velocity, go 20".

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
16" is fine. Winchester actually made some guns that had short barrels but they are pre NFA and you can get a waiver of sorts from BATF if it's deemed genuine. There's no question some loads can gain to 20" but keep in mind it's still just a magnum pistol round so if you really need the horsepower you can step into rifle rounds that are usually starting at or above the maxed out pistol loads.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By triburst1:

Maybe…

I’m out at these prices Ruger wants for the new Marlins. Might as well just buy a JM for the same money.
View Quote

Me too. I'm a big Marlin fan and have been for a long time. However, I'm not interested at all at these prices.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:13:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: golfish] [#14]
Originally Posted By slowr1der:

Me too. I'm a big Marlin fan and have been for a long time. However, I'm not interested at all at these prices.
View All Quotes

Maybe…

I’m out at these prices Ruger wants for the new Marlins. Might as well just buy a JM for the same money.

Wouldn't you rather have a better gun?  Let's be honest, JM guns were never that great. The attraction was that they were a cheaper alternative to the Winchester.

The later Remington made guns and the Ruger made guns are much better than any JM gun.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Wouldn't you rather have a better gun?  Let's be honest, JM guns were never that great. The attraction was that they were a cheaper alternative to the Winchester.

The later Remington made guns and the Ruger made guns are much better than any JM gun.
View All Quotes

Maybe…

I don’t know why anyone thinks Ruger is going to make better lever actions than Marlin or Remington.

Their revolvers are JUNK from a quality perspective.  Great design, terrible execution.  

Out of six Ruger revolvers I own, four went straight back to the factory to be fixed or replaced, I replaced the hammer on one and fixed it myself.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GT86] [#16]
Originally Posted By TheQuadfather:

I don’t know why anyone thinks Ruger is going to make better lever actions than Marlin or Remington.

Their revolvers are JUNK from a quality perspective.  Great design, terrible execution.  

Out of six Ruger revolvers I own, four went straight back to the factory to be fixed or replaced, I replaced the hammer on one and fixed it myself.  
View Quote

I have a Ruger Marlin 1895 SBL that is fantastic in terms of fit, finish and function. Granted it doesn't have years of use and I only have about 150 rounds through it. But cosmetically and just general "feel" it's much nicer than many of my JM stamped rifles.  We all want to attach something special to the JM guns, but the reality is they were all over the map in terms of quality, especially the last 20 or so years of their run.

Side note, I have a couple Vaqueros and a GP100 that have been great for years. Not quite as nice as some of the S&W or Colt wheel guns, but they're not junk either. Only ever had one issue with a Ruger (10/22) and that was fixed and back in my hands in less than 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

LOL no. Not just going off memory, but I had to dig out some old Guns & Ammo Annuals and other gun annuals from 1988-1994. You know , the kind that were a catalog of all the available firearms then with specs and prices. I found no Winchester 94s that were MSRP’d higher than the common 336CS Marlin in .30-30. Mostly Winchesters were 10-25% less than the Marlins.
And owning both, Winchesters are a Rube Goldberg kludge compared to a Marlin.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Ruger was better ten years ago.  

I’ve owned two Marlins, a JM 336 that was terribly inaccurate and a JM 1894 357 that never was reliable.  

Washed my hands of Marlins and stick with my Winchesters, 1873s and 1894s.

I went through the trouble of fixing all my Ruger revolvers because I do think they’re worth it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Are you seriously comparing Ruger quality to Remington?  The Remington made guns were abysmal fit and finish wise compared to the Rugers - not even close.  The Rugers made Marlins are way, way, way nicer than anything Remington put out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 5:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheQuadfather] [#20]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Are you seriously comparing Ruger quality to Remington?  The Remington made guns were abysmal fit and finish wise compared to the Rugers - not even close.  The Rugers made Marlins are way, way, way nicer than anything Remington put out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

I’ve never seen any of the Ruger Marlins, but their revolvers QC  is trash.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]

To what? If it's like their 45/70's they never have gotten low.
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if ruger wasn't throttling supply.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SnaitN:
I cringed when the Ruger Marlins first started hitting the market and the prices were so god awful high, but I really have to bring myself to understanding that it's not a "three hundred bucks at Jimbob's Gun Shop" world anymore.  It looks like the Walnut .44s are going for a grand at CDNN, and I'm sure the .357s will come down to a vaguely reasonable cost as well.  I'd have ZERO problem paying a thousand bucks for a .357 once they even out, and this "should" drive down the prices on the Henrys and Rossis.
View Quote

I'm not sure how it would drive down the price of 2 cheaper rifles.  Generally an increase in supply of cheaper/similar rifles will pull down more expensive price.  I mean honda didn't lower their civic price when chevy released the c8 vette.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]
The Ruger made rifles look to be made very well, but only time can tell.  Not all Remington made were bad. At the end the quality was good on the new CNC machines.  Some were down right dangerous though.    
The original Marlins had their share of duds.  I think what makes those special is when you find a great one.  I have a untouched JM 1894 that is probably slick enough to use as a SASS rifle
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw the Ruger/Marlin 357 the other day at the LGS.  I inspected it and was very close on bring it home.....Just not sure its worth the $1300+ but it sure seemed nicer then I remember the JM guns.

Should I go back and get it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:20:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RifleCal30m1n00b] [#25]

Who is talking about revolvers, let alone hypothetical ones with 18" barrels?  I know I did not specify "in lever action rifles" in my comment, but I assume it was understood in the context.

View All Quotes

Except that the site you cited disagreed with your "velocity peaks at 16 inches" business, except for a Buntline Special style revolver in their "real world results" section. That's why I specified that. Did you look at your own link?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ScottyPotty:
I saw the Ruger/Marlin 357 the other day at the LGS.  I inspected it and was very close on bring it home.....Just not sure its worth the $1300+ but it sure seemed nicer then I remember the JM guns.

Should I go back and get it?
View Quote

Ouch, makes the ruger 357 I saw at local shop for 1075 or 1099 seem like a steal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By shasta69:
Yesterday, went to the local Gun Store to see if they had any new 336s.

Sure enough, just got one in. Very nice fit up of wood to metal joints, great coloring of wood and action relatively smooth. Trigger still flops around but broke cleanly.

The clerk also stated they had other 30-30 lever actions too including a Rossi and Henry side-gate.

The wood on the Rossi was unfinished. Stain lacked in spots along stamping on fore-end. The action was smooth and trigger was heavy.

The Henry had an octagon barrel with buckthorn rear site. The action was stiff with a lack-luster trigger. The brass receiver looks nice but honestly felt like I needed to wear a suit to take it out on a date hunting.

Prices. The Rossi was two Benjamins less while Henry was two Benjamins more.

Still feel the prices of these 336s are outta line, especially when in 2006, I picked up a 1895XLR Stainless 45/70 for nearly half of today's price of the new 336s.
View Quote

In what world can you compare 2006 to 2023/4 prices
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Except that the site you cited disagreed with your "velocity peaks at 16 inches" business, except for a Buntline Special style revolver in their "real world results" section. That's why I specified that. Did you look at your own link?
View All Quotes

Yes, I did look at my own link.  What exactly are you saying?  

Are you saying:
The max value for velocity in the data is not for 16"
or
The data shows that velocity does not max out around 16"
or
The data doesn't support the claim that velocity maxes out around 16"
or
something else?  

I'd like to make sure I am addressing your actual position.

On the page I linked to, in the top test barrel section, the highest velocity value is in the 16" barrel for every load except for the Federal 125 gr jhp

Please show any anywhere that in
[...]their chart above the "real world" keeps going up past 16".

Yes, there are examples where there is an increase in velocity from 17" to 18" after a decrease from 16" to 17".  
Those are not instances where velocity "keeps going up past 16".  
Velocity maxed out at 16", dropped at 17", and then increased from 17" to 18" to a value below that at 16".  
(In every case but the Fed 125gr JHP, the increase in velocity from 17" to 18" was less than the increase in velocity from 15" to 16".)

You appear to be extrapolating a continuation of the increase in velocity from 17" to 18" in barrel lengths beyond 18" that would surpass the max listed value at 16".  This is not a completely unreasonable assumption, but neither is it supported.  It might increase, but there just isn't any support to show that it does.

The other link I posted from Buffalo Bore states their claim that at least their loads reach their maximum velocity in 16 inches of barrel.  Considering how hot their loads are, it's reasonable to conclude that other maker's loads would also.  The complexities of different loads doesn't rule out the possibility that other makers' may peak at longer barrel lengths,  but I haven't yet seen any data that would lead me to that conclusion.  

It is unfortunate that Ballistics by the Inch did not have a 20" test barrel to produce data on.

In all the searching I have done online, and I have searched extensively on many occasions, I have never found anything to support the conclusion that for .357 Magnum there is any general velocity advantage in a 20" barrel over a 16" barrel.

Additionally

I don't find a "real world results" section on the page I linked to or anywhere on that entire site, at least not any part I saw nor any part indexed by Google.

There are "real world guns" and "real* world weapons"  sections, but no "real world results" that I have found.

Also, I never stated "velocity peaks at 16 inches"

Quotation marks mean something specific. If you are paraphrasing, restating, or otherwise not repeating exact words, it is inappropriate to use quotation marks.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DH243:

Ouch, makes the ruger 357 I saw at local shop for 1075 or 1099 seem like a steal.
View Quote
Funny thing, I stopped by another shop and they had one at $1099 but were closing for the night.  So its a good chance Ill be back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: golfish] [#30]
Funny thing, I stopped by another shop and they had one at $1099 but were closing for the night.  So its a good chance Ill be back tomorrow.
View All Quotes

Well, did you get er done :)

$1099 is what I paid for my Ruger/Marlin 336 in April. Just a beautiful gun. A few years ago I would have said that the .357 lever gun has more value than just about any other caliber. I kind of still believe that, but these new Ruger's have changed things a bit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#31]

Well, did you get er done :)

$1099 is what I paid for my Ruger/Marlin 336 in April. Just a beautiful gun. A few years ago I would have said that the .357 lever gun has more value than just about any other caliber. I kind of still believe that, but these new Ruger's have changed things a bit.
View Quote
Yep, got er done

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Oh my! It's a thing of beauty.

You can't buy a better lever gun for the $..

Congratulations, Sir
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I acquired a Ruger/Marlin 1894 .357 about 3 weeks ago.  I have several hundred rounds it so far and it’s a great little rifle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Prices seem to be all over the place on the new .357 in the DFW area and stores don't have them in stock to actually in stock to inspect.  

My local Scheels seems to have the best price at $1099.

Hking  
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 12:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#35]
View Quote

Local shop has their Rossis priced that high or nearly so.   As a reloader I am not going to suffer a chamber that ruins my brass. Nothing from MaRlin in stock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Hopefully Ruger will make a taci-cool version of the .357 too.

Here's what I'd like to see:

.357 Mag
Stainless
Laminated stock
16" barrel
rail mount on receiver only - no need for a super long one like I've seen on other models
Ghost ring rear
Night sight front
Threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

.357 Mag
Stainless
Laminated stock
16" barrel
rail mount on receiver only - no need for a super long one like I've seen on other models
Ghost ring rear
Night sight front
Threaded barrel.
View Quote

I have no need for the night sight but other than that the list looks good. I grabbed one of the Marlins before they went out of business and I wish it had the normal laminate instead of the bedliner or whatever they painted on them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

.357 Mag
Stainless
Laminated stock
16" barrel
Ghost ring rear
Night sight front
Threaded barrel.
View Quote

Remington Marlin made almost that without the threaded barrel, can't remember if it was the SBL or CSBL (one was .357, the other .44). I'm up for one in .44 so I can role-play Jurassic World on the cheap.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Bought a "Remlin" 1894 in 2019 and paid $615 on GB. The rifle is very high quality fit and finish. Excellent accuracy. Not all of these were poor quality from what I have personally seen. Ad is from 2021.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By hkusp:
Bought a "Remlin" 1894 in 2019 and paid $615 on GB. The rifle is very high quality fit and finish. Excellent accuracy. Not all of these were poor quality
View Quote

Remington got their shit together in 2018 and started producing some really nice guns. It was just too late for them. I have a 1894 from 2018. It's just as good as my new Ruger/ Marlin.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

JM guns are all over the place in terms of quality.  There was a short period of time right after Remington bought Marlin that the guns were absolutely terrible, at that time an average JM gun was better quality then an average new Remington made gun.  
Remington fixed the QC issues in the first year or so and then the average Remington made gun was better than the average JM gun.

The triggers wear in over time and get better, so an older Marlin often has a better trigger than a newer gun.  

Henry are awesome guns and consistently very high quality, they just don’t have as much of a following as Marlin since they’re such a new company.
View All Quotes
 I hate to say this but the Henry 30-30 had a smoother action and less machine marks than the 3 jm marlins.  The jm marlins did have lighter, slightly crisper triggers.

JM guns are all over the place in terms of quality.  There was a short period of time right after Remington bought Marlin that the guns were absolutely terrible, at that time an average JM gun was better quality then an average new Remington made gun.  
Remington fixed the QC issues in the first year or so and then the average Remington made gun was better than the average JM gun.

The triggers wear in over time and get better, so an older Marlin often has a better trigger than a newer gun.  

Henry are awesome guns and consistently very high quality, they just don’t have as much of a following as Marlin since they’re such a new company.

With all due respect:
Henry firearms was established in 1860.
https://www.henryusa.com/about-us/henry-history/

Marlin was established in 1870. It is younger than Henry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_Firearms

I've never owned a Henry, but they are older than Marlin, and have been in business continuously.

Marlins are more famous. I'm glad Ruger bought them and is giving them the attention they deserve.
But Henry is the older company and has been more innovative and absolutely has the longevity.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

With all due respect:

I've never owned a Henry, but they are older than Marlin, and have been in business continuously.

Marlins are more famous. I'm glad Ruger bought them and is giving them the attention they deserve.
But Henry is the older company and has been more innovative and absolutely has the longevity.
View All Quotes
 I hate to say this but the Henry 30-30 had a smoother action and less machine marks than the 3 jm marlins.  The jm marlins did have lighter, slightly crisper triggers.

With all due respect:

Are you under the impression that the companies that exist today are the companies talked about in those links?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#43]

With all due respect:

View All Quotes

With all due respect:

Not the same Henry.

From their website...

Henry Repeating Arms was started by Louis Imperato and his son Anthony Imperato in Brooklyn, New York, in 1996. The first model produced was the Henry H001 Classic Lever Action .22, and the first shipments were made in March 1997. The original corporate motto was “Made in America and Priced Right.” Henry Repeating Arms takes its name from Benjamin Tyler Henry, the inventor who patented the first repeating rifle in 1860. However, there is no affiliation or lineage to Benjamin Tyler Henry or the New Haven Arms Company, which manufactured the original Henry rifle from 1862 to 1864. Anthony Imperato secured the trademark to the Henry name in 1996.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#44]
With all due respect:
View All Quotes
With all due respect:

That link is to a brief history of the Henry Rifle
(which was produced by the New Haven Arms Company, which would later change its name to the Winchester Repeating Arms Company).  

It does not describe the history of Henry Repeating Arms company, despite that page being listed under the "About Us" section of their web page.  If you were confused into thinking that link was referring to the Henry Repeating Arms Company, that was the original intention of the marketing team that used to outright lie about the company's history.  They used to state on their website, in their promotional materials, and in their manuals,
"Today, the Henry Repeating Arms Company, a descendant of the venerable gunmaker, [...]"
until an ARFCOMer contacted the head of the company, who promptly had the website edited to remove the false claims from the web site.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Should have waited a bit.

1894 at PSA $999.99
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#46]

With all due respect:

View Quote

While Henry firearms of today makes a solid gun they are as akin to the original Henry Rifle maker as Springfield Armory Inc. is to Springfield Armory operated by the U.S. Government which is now just a museum site.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#47]

1894 at PSA $999.99
View Quote

That is a nice deal.  I’d wait for a curved grip version for my tastes though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#48]

1894 at PSA $999.99
View Quote

I wonder what the out-the-door cost would be. What does your dealer charge for a transfer? I believe Palmetto charges sales tax, and there is a shipping charge. It might not be that good of a bargain. My experience with Ruger's lack of quality control, has caused me to only buy a gun I can look over before purchase. I would pay a little more for that. Also, I try to support the local gunshops. It is all a balancing act, good luck with however you go.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mobjack:

I wonder what the out-the-door cost would be. What does your dealer charge for a transfer? I believe Palmetto charges sales tax, and there is a shipping charge. It might not be that good of a bargain. My experience with Ruger's lack of quality control, has caused me to only buy a gun I can look over before purchase. I would pay a little more for that. Also, I try to support the local gunshops. It is all a balancing act, good luck with however you go.
View Quote

So right about the OTD cost. This seems like a good price but if PSA can do $999.00 hopefully your LGS can do $1099.00.

The quality of these guns are second to none...for now. They want to make a good impression and they have. I always support my LGS but I do ask for price matching plus their transfer fees ($65.00)

I kind of lol at the crossed out price of $1499.00 when the MSRP is only $1279.00
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mobjack:

View Quote
If I was getting it from PSA it would be $1086.00 + $30 for shipping protection (if desired) + $25 for FFL.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top