Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2013 9:21:21 AM EDT
Hadn't even heard of it before, but stopped into a shop after a gun show and saw it sitting there.  Seems like a very well made rifle with only a couple of quirks.  Like the quick barrel change and the potential for caliber changes.  They must still not be making too many of these, because my SN is under 250!

Now that I'm home with it and have done more research (I did some checking on my phone's web browser before buying), I see that it was supposed to come with a scope, but mine didn't.  I've also read that they come with a 10 round magazine.  Are they supposed to come with a Glock factory mag, or an aftermarket one?  Because mine came with a 15-round KCI mag.  Right now I'm not sure whether their specs and accessories have changed, or if there was a mistake at the gunshop, or if the gunshop was screwing with me (or just plain screwing me).  I'm not jumping to any conclusions right now because the guys running the shop yesterday said they were just part-time fill ins helping out the owner and weren't really all that familiar with things.  I plan to call TNW tomorrow to find out what mags they are shipping and then I'll call the shop where I bought it.

Anyway...looking forward to shooting it.  Gotta get some more mags, too!

EDIT:  The trigger on this is really long and gritty...can they take regular AR triggers? Even the one I took out of my Bushmaster would be better!

Rob
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You've saved $hundreds over a KRISS.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

rob
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

rob

I think the reference to KRISS is because they take glock mags as a PCC and a KRISS is a lot more expensive. The KRISS is a lot different than the TNW and I think the KRISS nly comes in 45acp.

I am thinking of getting a TNW, I have a few 9mm PCCs and plenty of glock mags. Does the TNW field strip like an AR with just 2 pins?
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDI_Vector

Looks like an interesting gun.  Are there other bbls available?
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
First, my ASR came with an "aftermarket" magazine, not a Glock factory one.
You serial number is low because they haven't made a lot of these yet. They are a small company.

The trigger is different than an AR trigger. It can be cleaned up like any trigger with a little TLC.

The scope they came with was a low dollar Chinese thing, NCStar or something like that. Also had low $$ high scope mounts. I used a better optic on mine.

You don't really need to break it down as the barrel comes off and the bolt slides out the front. But, the lower assembly does come off with the simple removal of two pins...similar (but not exactly the same) as an AR.

This is not an expensive rifle. To me it seems a decent value for what it is. Its simple, rugged and unique. I have had mine for some months and enjoy it very much.
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Threaded my 45 version and love the damn thing!
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I spoke with Joe at the store where I bought the carbine and he said the ones he got never had scopes.  He offered to call TNW and check into it for me.  He called me back and said that TNW told him that they used to supply scopes, then stopped but two weeks ago started doing it again.  I don't know....  Sounds a little odd or maybe just bad commo.  In any event, TNW is sending one to Joe for me and he'll get it to me when it comes in.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my rifle out to the range last week and it shot fine.  No failures of any kind.  Reasonably accurate using a Barska red-dot sight I had.  

I also received the scope that should have come with the rifle.  Not an NStar or whatever I had read about, but an Aim Sports 4 x 32 compact.  It will probably end up on a .22.

Oh...and since I have one "consumer" of Glock mags, I had to go buy another:  Glock 19.  Got an ex-LE Gen 3 and quite a stack of mags.

Rolb
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I had forgotten all about these. I'm going to look back into them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top