Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 250 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No problem, just be aware you need to drive out a roll pin to replace it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:15:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tonysoprano150] [#2]
I fell in love with my EVO again, and I had actually grown to hate it.  What kind of fuckery is going on here?

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking for a photo of an Evo with a Midwest handguard (6.75" version) and a suppressor. I would like to see how the suppressor clears the handguard.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vlarg:
Looking for a photo of an Evo with a Midwest handguard (6.75" version) and a suppressor. I would like to see how the suppressor clears the handguard.
View Quote

Has tri lug adapter

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:08:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tonysoprano150] [#5]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Has tri lug adapter

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80967/20210916_202028_jpg-2736887.JPG
View Quote

nice
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone had issues with the HBI duckbill? I put it on and found it very tight.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Papi4baby:
Anyone had issues with the HBI duckbill? I put it on and found it very tight.
View Quote

2 of them installed on SBR's and no fitment issues.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

2 of them installed on SBR's and no fitment issues.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Papi4baby:

Thank you.
View Quote

Reach out to them, I have had excellent customer service to include a phone call.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I use the HBI pro stock mag release and charging handle.Drop in with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:18:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#11]
Originally Posted By 702Wolfi:
Originally Posted By Firecop203:
My hammer is starting to peen like that too. I have less than 1k through mine. Were these hammers not properly heat treated?
View Quote

The hammer and bolt geometry in the Scorpion and the way/area they engage causes this abnormal wear on the hammer, the hammer also bounces several times against the bolt while the bolt cocks the hammer after firing. Also, the bolt engages the hammer pretty low, where it is the most difficult to cock the hammer due to shorter leverage, which puts even more wear on the hammer. There is not much you can do. A forged hammer would reduce this wear, but then the bolt would have to absorb all the energy. Not sure how the bolt would handle this over time. I think it will be fine.

I don't know of any firearm that has an heat treated/case hardened hammer, but that's not to say that there are none. Some firearms have forged hammers, some are just a casting, machined steel or stainless. Forgings are better suited for repeated impact applications because forged steel is tougher all the way through the part. Case hardened parts are better suited for high load sliding and other similar applications. Case hardened parts can dent through the hardened surface on high impact forces since the metal under the very thin hardened surface is still soft.    
View Quote

Has anyone installed the Nexus enhanced bolt, & if so, being harder material, does it impart more wear to the hammer?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:48:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: craig24680] [#12]
Midway has factory plus mags on sale

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1025051045?pid=687712

Eta sorry about redirects
Eta 2 this should work with real Evo and new Evo plus
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Midway has factory plus mags on sale

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1025051045?pid=687712

Eta sorry about redirects
Eta 2 this should work with real Evo and new Evo plus
View Quote

Ordered 10 and used NRA2023 (against my better judgement) for free shipping. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Has anyone installed the Nexus enhanced bolt, & if so, being harder material, does it impart more wear to the hammer?
View Quote

Has no one here done this?
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Also curious about experiences anyone has had.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By pilotshark:

View All Quotes

Maybe I'll be the 1st. Reddit reviews seem few but positive.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I’ve got Two Gun / PCC match next weekend and I’m using my Scorpion for my PCC. I’m curious to see how it compares to the AR9s and Rutgers that will likely be most popular there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

All I have seen are a few reddit reviews. Nothing on arfcom.  

I guess that shows how "badly" that bolt is needed. I'll stick with oem
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 11:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#19]
Originally Posted By Nyktos:

All I have seen are a few reddit reviews. Nothing on arfcom.  

I guess that shows how "badly" that bolt is needed. I'll stick with oem
View Quote

It's the galling issues that makes me think I might need to replace it. Haven't taken mine out yet, but if it happens, I'm thinking I'd want to replace the OEM. The wrinkle in my case is that a ban on guns & parts is looming, so I need to decide soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally got my form 1 stamp today, still waiting on the R9 to clear.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#22]
So I just received an email from Nexus Firearms. A while back I bought their enhanced striker block. They emailed me now to let me know that they now offer an enhanced parts kit (with or without the striker block for those like me that already have one).

Price is $174 and here is what is included

Our Enhanced Parts Kit features all necessary components to complete your bolt - including our new Enhanced Recoil Assembly, which reduces felt recoil by slowing the bolt down with an additional dampening spring.

Products included:

Enhanced Recoil Assembly
Ascalon 125% Spring
Firing Pin
Firing Pin Spring
Extractor
Extractor Spring
Extractor Retaining Pin
Cross Retaining Pin
Recoil Bushing
All parts are coated in the same Nickel Boron coating as the Enhanced Bolt - providing exceptional wear and impact resistance to maintain the longevity of your components.
NOTE: THIS ENHANCED PARTS KIT IS FOR CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED THE TITANIUM STRIKER BLOCK SEPARATELY. STRIKER BLOCK AND STRIKER BLOCK SPRING ARE NOT INCLUDED.
View Quote

The kit with the block is $199
Looks like they also offer a new bolt too, but that is $299 but still would need to either use your existing hardware from your oem bolt or buy the additional $199 kit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Looks good 👍
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm looking for a sling for my scorpion. What are some options?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By shootblaster:
I'm looking for a sling for my scorpion. What are some options?
View Quote

Parker Mountain Machine is what I did for mounts and pretty sure I'm running a Blue Force.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#27]
A3 Tactical 20% off until Nov 30th
Great foregrips, stocks and other stuff for B&Ts, Scorpions, etc. along with other stuff
https://a3tactical.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Well,  sitting at home during Christmas vacation I couldn’t pass up the deal kygunco had on the 3+ not even including the rebate. So I’m officially joining the club, just waiting for it to ship plus a SB brace. Anything else that’s a must have upgrade that’s fairly easy? I know my way around an AR, but this is a little different system for me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Soxfan:
Well,  sitting at home during Christmas vacation I couldn’t pass up the deal kygunco had on the 3+ not even including the rebate. So I’m officially joining the club, just waiting for it to ship plus a SB brace. Anything else that’s a must have upgrade that’s fairly easy? I know my way around an AR, but this is a little different system for me.
View Quote

HBI is a solid aftermarket small business. Check out their safety switches, trigger packs and charging handles.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:

HBI is a solid aftermarket small business. Check out their safety switches, trigger packs and charging handles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Soxfan:

HBI is solid

This is the best $13 you will spend on the scorpion
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-reduced-weight-trigger-spring-kit/

Have it and several HBI parts in my form4 scorpion and love it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

HBI is solid

This is the best $13 you will spend on the scorpion
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-reduced-weight-trigger-spring-kit/

Have it and several HBI parts in my form4 scorpion and love it.
View Quote

Copy that, thank you guys. Can’t wait to shoot it!

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I have the HBI spring kit,trigger, right side AK safety , mag release and charging handle. Made things a little more ergonomic for me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]
So setting this up for home defense, what are you all running for lights? I was looking at a Streamlight tlr hl with a pressure switch. Doesn’t look like it mounts to Mlok though? Looking to keep the profile as slim and light as I can
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#34]
For those who SBR'ed their Scorpion, where did you do the engraving?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#35]
They actually squeezed mine on the serial number plate.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Trying to track down a barrel nut removal tool. Heard good things about the HB Industries but it's OOS. Anyone have one they are wanting to sell?

Figures I was lazy in grabbing one a month ago.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:25:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#39]
Originally Posted By mda908:
Trying to track down a barrel nut removal tool. Heard good things about the HB Industries but it's OOS. Anyone have one they are wanting to sell?

View Quote

Which model tool are you looking for?
Edit - I'll check tonight if I can find mine from HBI, I honestly can't remember if I sent it to someone else here. If I have it, I just ask you send it back.
Check Midwest Industries for their removal tool.
There are some cheaper tools being sold on Amazon, take a look at those. I have no review on those and they may be a complete waste of money but, it's an option.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Check the CZ Custom shop.. that’s were I got mine years ago
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Which model tool are you looking for?
Edit - I'll check tonight if I can find mine from HBI, I honestly can't remember if I sent it to someone else here. If I have it, I just ask you send it back.
Check Midwest Industries for their removal tool.
There are some cheaper tools being sold on Amazon, take a look at those. I have no review on those and they may be a complete waste of money but, it's an option.
View Quote

Looking for the EVO 3 pistol tool specifically. Looked at some of the other options you mentioned and the reviews didn’t seem favorable so at the moment I’m staying away from them. The CZ Custom Shop looks decent, but it’s 3 times the price and OOS itself anyways.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Looking for the EVO 3 pistol tool specifically. Looked at some of the other options you mentioned and the reviews didn’t seem favorable so at the moment I’m staying away from them. The CZ Custom Shop looks decent, but it’s 3 times the price and OOS itself anyways.
View Quote

I sent you an IM.  I'll see if I can find my tool.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

I sent you an IM.  I'll see if I can find my tool.
View Quote

Thank you, PM sent back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#44]
I much prefer the size of the EVO S1 to the "Micro S2" and/or "3+" models.  The same applies to the MP5 line. I like the 9" full size but have little use for the "K" or "PDW" size.

The only advantage of a "Large Format Handgun" (PCPistol ... with brace) is shoot-ability and increased velocity.  You gain a little improved shoot-ability with a braced "Micro S2 / 3+" or "MP5K" but no ballistic advantage.  A Glock 17 barrel is 3/8" longer than the Evo 3! In this case, I'd just take a far easier to carry Glock 17 or HK P30L.  The velocity will be about the same.  With the EVO S1 barrel length you can push a 9mm +P to near 357 Magnum performance ... which is fairly legendary in law enforcement circles.

The EVO S1 is a great design as it came from the factory, but I would have preferred the top rail to have extended forward to align with the front edge of the lower rail.  Sight radius would have increased as well as provided more "rail estate".  This would have allowed an offset light mount to move forward of the cocking handle.  The original design with the long sweeping front angle has zero functional value in my opinion. It should have been all rail.

As it comes from the factory, the only modification I think is mandatory is a replacement grip.  That goofy FAL like grip is ... well, awful.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#45]
The reason I own a CZ

The real reason I bought a Scorpion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I did a thing.

Attachment Attached File

I've ordered a few things to go with it. I really think I'd prefer the HK style brace, compared to this one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#48]

https://i.imgur.com/V0BNMFv.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#49]
@Cardplayer what can you tell me about that forward sling swivel mounting method?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
@Cardplayer what can you tell me about that forward sling swivel mounting method?
View Quote

@Birddog1911 It's a PMM micro front and rear. Excellent quality, fit and finish.

Front
Rear
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 250 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top