Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2015 7:11:37 AM EDT
I got a chance to shoot a 9mm AR and it was fantastic. Now I'm looking to sell my Ar or my Ak to get a pcc. I don't get to the rifle range as much so I love being able to use it in the pistol range. On top this is the push I need since I always wanted to get one.
Now I'm looking at the fallowing pcc/pistols. Advice or other opinions, and options welcome.
AKX-9
9mm AR
Cz scorpion evo
Mpx
Mp5 clone
jr c
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're on a budget, keep your AR and buy a 9mm upper. They can be had for $400 if you shop around.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
if you go the 9mm upper route, would suggest one that uses the Colt/Metalform/Uzi stick mags
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think you will go shitwise with anything on that list.   I could have written it myself.  

I'm an MP5 guy though.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever you decide on SBR it. Way more fun that way and then get yourself a can.

It's hard to go wrong with any of those choices but if you're going g to only have one I'd go with the MPX.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have a Glock, mech tech CCU
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
No votes for the JRC?
Uses glock mags and comes with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for the MPX SBR's.  A MP5 clone SBR would also be cool.  Everything else just seems half assed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my TNW ASP. Not a carbine, but you can either get the carbine version or SBR it.

Since this pic was taken, I have changed the eotech to a PA T1 clone which is a better size match for the gun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No votes for the JRC?
View Quote

I have a little collection of PCC's and one of them is a JRC.  Stone reliable. Accuracy that shames my RRA 9mm AR.  Built well, works right, shoots straight and bought the complete rifle for about what a 9mm conversion set up would have cost for a AR lower. (maybe even less).

My other PCC's include a Beretta Storm CX-4 (a favorite for many years), a TNW Aero Survival Rifle (ASR) that breaks down in 15 seconds without tools and is nice, compact and light.  A Marlin Camp 9mm with the size and feel of a classic M-1 carbine, and just for fun a PCC made back in my home state of Ohio....a 995TS.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#10]
forever4,
My first thought was my Storm rifle, since I have shots down range with it, but since they're getting scarce I didn't bring it up.
But you are the Storm guy!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
forever4,
My first thought was my Storm rifle, since I have shots down range with it, but since they're getting scarce I didn't bring it up.
But you are the Storm guy!
View Quote

mikey:    I was an "early adopter" of the CX-4 as I knew they would be well made. I did the DIY trigger on it and have loved it for  many years. Never any drama...it just shoots and shoots. Nothing breaks, its accurate and magazines are easy to find and inexpensive.  What I like about it is the size. Its so compact and light. I don't see a reason to SBR it, though some have. I like the chrome lined barrel and that you can make it left or right handed. I got mine early on when they cost less...and I have been offered more for it that I paid,  but its such a good friend I will never sell it. One fun little carbine..just what a 9mm carbine should be.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No votes for the JRC?
View Quote

I have a few PCCs, UZI, AR15, Sterling. Traded my JRC for a new Glock and no regrets.

Get an AR15 and a lot of mags and a Lula mag loader and enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd go MPX. Can use AR15 triggers, gas operated, easy barrel changes, lots of accessories coming soon (hopefully). Mags are stupid expensive though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

DI45 is my favorite......although I have them in 9mm, 40S&W, 7.62 Tokarev, and 10mm

My DI45 is my favorite....but the Glock mag 40 and my dedicated 9mm are a close second.....

If you are interested in the AR platform....give me a shout...........
View Quote

Have you got a DI 9mm working yet?

Not sure if the calibers you listed were blowback or DI.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a few PCCs:

Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm: light, compact, accurate, reliable. Not much available in accessories and stock trigger isn't anything to brag about but as close to an SBR without paperwork as you can get. 30 round factory mags are cheap and reliable.

Just Right carbine .45acp gen. 2: Heavy but accurate, considering the drop rate of a 230 grain slug it's surprisingly tight at 50 yards and beyond. Had to fiddle with my 13 round Glock mags & upgrade springs to get it running reliably, the 9mms do not seem to have this problem. It will run reliably on a 27 round Korean hicap but had to add a Kriss mag spring to get it there.

Rock River Arms 9mm AR (Colt pattern w/Hahn block): The least accurate of the bunch but has never jammed, ever. not once. Runs like a sewing machine and with a heavy buffer eats +P ammo all day, every day.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I will just leave this here........

IMG_0630
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#19]
The EVO is getting pretty cheap. I saw one dealer selling them for $709.00-Master Pawn. I bought a couple pistols from them and could not complain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top