Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2016 11:40:01 PM EDT
I admit it, I'm a bit of a fan boy of Lage Mfg's gear. They made the lowly Mac bullet hose into a match winning subgun that regularly beats the MP5 at Knob Creek. I bought my first Mac only because of this company's uppers. In my experience they have followed up cool designs with the best customer service I've ever experienced. Truly a top notch company and genuinely nice folks.

Anyway, they have produced adapters for the CZ Scorpion and Sig MPX allowing the mounting of their modular stocks. The look very pleasing to my eye and the stocks themselves are pretty darn indestructible.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, those look good on the Scorpion and MPX.  If you can't find the factory stock, that's probably the best option I've seen. And it gets you +1 US parts count.

I like the left folding too, totally avoids interference with the ejection port.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the M10 version of that folding stock and overall it is pretty good but I do wish I bought the non folding version. The pin that it pivots on likes to move. Last time I was shooting the pin walked itself completely out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the M10 version of that folding stock and overall it is pretty good but I do wish I bought the non folding version. The pin that it pivots on likes to move. Last time I was shooting the pin walked itself completely out.
View Quote

I've never had that problem with my folders. Did you call Lage? Trust me; they will take good care of you!
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Please send it back and we will repair or replace it for free.  We used to use  ACE folding stock mechanisms on our folding stocks.  We now make our own.

Richard Lage
Lage Manufacruring L.L.C.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
How much are the stocks selling for?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please send it back and we will repair or replace it for free.  We used to use  ACE folding stock mechanisms on our folding stocks.  We now make our own.

Richard Lage
View Quote

Thanks

I'll email you all next week for instructions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.max-11.com
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Richard, how about an adapter that will mount a CZ evo folding stock to the CZ Bren 805
And an adapter that will mount the ACR stock to the Bren.
Love your products,  have had a Lage upper since your early days.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Great price, looks really good on both.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Wow, those look good on the Scorpion and MPX.  If you can't find the factory stock, that's probably the best option I've seen. And it gets you +1 US parts count.
I like the left folding too, totally avoids interference with the ejection port.
View Quote
Areed that is a pretty darned good looking stock and it looks at home on both platforms.  They did a good job on design.  

My only negative comment is that by folding to the left the stock will interfere with most sling set ups for righties when in the folded position. It's not a big deal if you are a lefty (actually it might be a God-send for a lefty) or only plan on slinging the carbine when the stock is unfolded. If you are going to be wearing the carbine slung for a good period of time having the stock foolded keeps the whole system smaller and more out of the way.  

ETA:  for a righty with the carbine slung it will also be more awkward to unfold the stock as you will need a clear a path so that your body isn't in the way while unfolding.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Richard Lage
View Quote

That must be some of that great CS that OP spoke of. That's cool!
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#12]
The stock can be set up to fold to the left or right depending on how you mount the folding stock mechanism.  Folding to the right will block the ejection port.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Stocks are $45.00 and the Stock Adapter is $59.99.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The stock can be set up to fold to the left or right depending on how you mount the folding stock mechanism.  Folding to the right will block the ejection port.
View Quote

& left appears to block the charging handle, at least on the Scorpion
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Richard, how about an adapter that will mount a CZ evo folding stock to the CZ Bren 805
View Quote

Is there much demand for either of those products?

I can't find an ACR Stock for sale anywhere and I know the EVO Scorpion stocks are hard to find as well.

I am still trying to find a SIG MCR .223 pistol, so I can modify one of our Lage MPX Stock Adapters for it.

Anyone have sources for these?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I can't find an ACR Stock for sale anywhere and I know the EVO Scorpion stocks are hard to find as well.

I am still trying to find a SIG MCR .223 pistol, so I can modify one of our Lage MPX Stock Adapters for it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about an adapter to mount a zhukov stock to an ACE adapter?
That way guys who modded their AKs to the ACE adapters could finally get a zhukov stock on their rifles.
How about an M11/9 with a zhukov?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

MPX and MCX use the same mounting system. I can get some pictures and dimensions of mine if you want the specifications.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Our Lage MPX stock adapters follow the profile of the MPX receiver and over hang towards the front of the receiver.  

The rear of the MPX receiver is tapered back to the rail interface, the MCX has a square cut.  If you can tell me the distance from the flat of the rail mount to the square edge on the back of the MCX receiver, that would be helpful.

Just need to mill one of our MPX adapters to this dimension and have a customer see if it fits with a minimal gap (.002" to .030") between the stock adapter and the square cut on the MCX receiver.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Our Lage MPX stock adapters follow the profile of the MPX receiver and over hang towards the front of the receiver.  

The rear of the MPX receiver is tapered back to the rail interface, the MCX has a square cut.  If you can tell me the distance from the flat of the rail mount to the square edge on the back of the MCX receiver, that would be helpful.

Just need to mill one of our MPX adapters to this dimension and have a customer see if it fits with a minimal gap (.002" to .030") between the stock adapter and the square cut on the MCX receiver.
View Quote

I will be home sunday night and can get the info for you. Send me a email and I can get what you need.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the Bren will gain popularity as the price comes down.
I just purchased mine 6 weeks ago for $1299.00 at Whittaker guns.
ACR stocks are available at Modern Outfitters.  They have
a Scar adapter from Kinetic for the ACR stock also.
Given that the Scar and Bren are both well built and look very
similar and the Bren can be had at half the cost of a Scar I think
they will sell more.  The CZ  Evo  stocks are hen's teeth right now
but CZ  seems to be getting more accoutrements in each month
and I bet once the Evo carbine come out, stocks will become more
available.  Thanks for thinking about it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the OAL with the lage adaptor and stock on the EVO?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What's the OAL with the lage adaptor and stock on the EVO?
View Quote

That will depend on the stock you choose. They have three different lengths and you can also add spacers. The optional folding mechanism adds close to 3/4" and I'm not sure how much length of pull the adapter adds.

Check out Max-11.com for more details.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you I was having a hard time seeing it on my iPad. They look great
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#24]
that looks good. if i didnt have the oem stock on my SBR evo, i would have gotten that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I was dead set on a 922 stock, but they're unobtanium. This saved me a bit of money and looks really neat. Order placed thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#26]
while we are swinging for the fences, how about an adapter for FNCs?

It would be a one piece block that screws on to the back of the receiver.   They already exist for AR-15 style stocks, but the ACE adapter looks bulky and doesn't really match the profile.

I am local to you in Phoenix area and can always drop some parts off for you to work with.

Are these new folders easier to fold?  I have one of your ACE units on my M11/9 and its a bear to actually fold the mechanism.

A Zhukov adapter would be neat too.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#27]
There is a trick to folding the ACE type folders. Easier to show than describe though!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Stormwerkz already makes one.  It is threaded to accept our stocks and folding mechanisms.

Stormwerkz FNC Stock Adapter Type 1
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Gorgeous, US made, and the company posting here.

Game, set, match.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#30]
very nice.  That Scorpion stock may push me over the edge on one....
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#32]
That looks good, better than some of the factory ones.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice looking stock! I'm waiting for the carbine version of the Scorpion, but intend to SBR. Swapping the factory stock for a US made one might be a good idea for 922r compliance, depending on the origin of all of the parts in the carbine itself.... or even just as a way of making it more unique!
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Strongly considering one of these for my Scorpion.  I actually think that it makes the Scorp look more purposeful and less toy-like.  I guess that I just associate the B&T type stock with sub guns.  Plus my unicorn gun has always been an HK UMP 9; with this stock, the Scorpion is about as close as you can get.

How solid is the Lage when open?  Any wobble?
What is the length of pull (trigger to back of stock) with the standard length stock for reference?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#35]
No wobbles. Very solid. The folder is challenging to fold until you figure out the trick...then easy Parcheesi.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No wobbles. Very solid. The folder is challenging to fold until you figure out the trick...then easy Parcheesi.
View Quote

Thanks.  How about LOP?  I'm trying to figure out which stock length to order.  I like a 12.5" LOP on AR's.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I have a Lage Stock for my M11.   Love it.

I'm curious... would this allow me to use the fixed Lage stock on a Scorpion?   I'd like to SBR a Scorpion, but am going to have a tricky need where it will not be able to have a folding or collapsible stock.  The Lage fixed stock might be the hot ticket.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I like a longer length of pull, too. I'd go with the stock adapter, 1" spacer, folding mechanism, and 10.5" LOP stock; that would get you about to your desired length.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a Lage Stock for my M11.   Love it.

I'm curious... would this allow me to use the fixed Lage stock on a Scorpion?   I'd like to SBR a Scorpion, but am going to have a tricky need where it will not be able to have a folding or collapsible stock.  The Lage fixed stock might be the hot ticket.
View Quote

Yes. The fixed stock (various lengths of pull and 1/2" and 1" spacers) will attach directly to the stock adapter.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yes. The fixed stock (various lengths of pull and 1/2" and 1" spacers) will attach directly to the stock adapter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You sir, are a bastard.

I am two paychecks away from having a significant debt paid down and moving on to the next one.

Now I must wrestle with my willpower for the rest of the afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Be strong!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top