BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

If not an MP5 mag then something more suitable. I have access to all sorts of weird and somewhat uncommon magazines - perhaps a STA Mle 1924 mag would work better since it's double column but single feed and very slim for what it is.

The tungsten bolt guy is "CoffeeFreak" on UziTalk by the way. I looked through my old emails. I'll likely get a drawing together this winter and contact him to see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rudderbutter:

I would be all over that like a fat kid on cake. I may attempt it at some point down the line, I've got a pile of MP5 mags/parts lying around…

ETA: From eyeballing it, material would need to be added around the magwell to accommodate an MP5 mag; they're almost exactly the same width as the receiver in that area. Something like chopping out the original walls and welding in an MP5 magwell might work. there appears to be plenty of room in front to accommodate the takedown pin in such a configuration. Removing the original magazine release assembly might also clear enough room to put in the HK lever…

If not an MP5 mag then something more suitable. I have access to all sorts of weird and somewhat uncommon magazines - perhaps a STA Mle 1924 mag would work better since it's double column but single feed and very slim for what it is.

The tungsten bolt guy is "CoffeeFreak" on UziTalk by the way. I looked through my old emails. I'll likely get a drawing together this winter and contact him to see.

That's a brilliant idea; one would only need to clearance out the middle-front of the magwell to clear the single-feed tower, and it should still work with the original mags if one swapped the uppers back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:47:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rudderbutter] [#2]
@Third_Rail Have you tried cycling a .380 lower with a .32 upper on it? I'm curious whether the .32 will feed without the integral feedramp on the receiver…Based on everything so far, it seems to me that a .380 lower would be the perfect multi-caliber option by swapping uppers and potentially doing the single-feed 9mm magwell mod…

Imagine a .380 Vz61 rechambered for 9x19mm, and the magwell modified to accept a Spectre magazine
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#3]
@Third_Rail Have you tried cycling a .380 lower with a .32 upper on it? I'm curious whether the .32 will feed without the integral feedramp on the receiver…Based on everything so far, it seems to me that a .380 lower would be the perfect multi-caliber option by swapping uppers and potentially doing the single-feed 9mm magwell mod…

Imagine a .380 Vz61 rechambered for 9x19mm, and the magwell modified to accept a Spectre magazine
View Quote

You know - you asked me back in May to give that a try and I plain forgot. It's freezing rain out right now so I can't exactly pop outside to fire it but give me a minute and I'll see if it'll cycle by hand with the combination of a 7.62x17mm upper on 9x18mm lower.

ETA: Yes it feeds fine when cycling by hand.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]

You know - you asked me back in May to give that a try and I plain forgot. It's freezing rain out right now so I can't exactly pop outside to fire it but give me a minute and I'll see if it'll cycle by hand with the combination of a 7.62x17mm upper on 9x18mm lower.

View All Quotes

Very promising, thanks for trying it! I really think the Vz61 is like the UMP of the mousegun calibers...with some swapping of parts, you've got tremendous multi-caliber coverage.

Mine is sadly a .32 receiver, but I may play with machining down the feedramp to clear the other barrels when I get around to ordering the uppers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I checked, my Czechpoint VZ61 32ACP/7.65x17 bolt is 304.4grams with the recoil springs and guide rods and everything
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By agb104983:
I checked, my Czechpoint VZ61 32ACP/7.65x17 bolt is 304.4grams with the recoil springs and guide rods and everything
View Quote

Interesting! I'd bet anything your bolt velocity is substantially lower with identical ammo. If you run a can you're bound to have less gas in your face too.

Would you be willing to take a photo of the back and the underside? Like the pictures I posted on pg10.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#7]

Interesting! I'd bet anything your bolt velocity is substantially lower with identical ammo. If you run a can you're bound to have less gas in your face too.

Would you be willing to take a photo of the back and the underside? Like the pictures I posted on pg10.
View All Quotes

Original surplus fullauto bolt on the left on both photos.  Obviously you can see a difference in the back because the commercial bolt doesn’t have the area removed for the rate reducer to grab onto.  You also see that the bump at the bottom rear of the bolt that would otherwise trip the sear trip lever is missing from the commercial bolt.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Reminder: reciprocating bolt handles will try to tear your thumb off if you get excited on a mag change and forget where your support hand should go on these things.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sefus:
Reminder: reciprocating bolt handles will try to tear your thumb off if you get excited on a mag change and forget where your support hand should go on these things.

View Quote

Ouch! I wouldn't enjoy that either.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Fixed stock is money. Can't wait to shoot it but it feels so much better. Waited two years for this to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/HttVlZW.jpg
View Quote

what about a skelotoniezed, or foldin triangle ak looking stock?  i like that wire vz 58 angles, but the curves on the solid not makin it for me...
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who's used Samopal USA (Dan Brown) for a build, does he only do Czechpoint receivers or will he do a Southern Tactical one? They appear to be identical, the only difference is the safety lever. Also, does the Czechpoint stock plate fit on the ST receivers?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 1:05:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#12]
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:

what about a skelotoniezed, or foldin triangle ak looking stock?  i like that wire vz 58 angles, but the curves on the solid not makin it for me...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Fixed stock is money. Can't wait to shoot it but it feels so much better. Waited two years for this to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/HttVlZW.jpg

Isle Mfg makes a 1913 rail adapter that bolts on the back and then you can use any stock in the firearms market that can attach to a rail.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm curious to know if you're correct on it not being milled out for the rate reducer to function. I don't see why they would make them that way - but I also thought they were using surplus bolts where possible.

ETA: A random thought. Given the ~34.75cm3 of volume in the surplus 7.65x17mm bolt [~39.75cm3 for the 9x18mm] I could comfortably get over the 625g/22oz baseline for a blowback 9x19mm bolt using tungsten. What's that fellow's name that makes the tungsten alloy Uzi/Mac11 bolts? Could be a very fun project to modify a receiver to accept an MP5 mag or similar and actually have a 9x19mm Vz61 that runs reliably. Expensive. But fun.
View Quote

why not a cz 75 mag?  for looks, ya, buuuuut, functionality or.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

I'm curious to know if you're correct on it not being milled out for the rate reducer to function. I don't see why they would make them that way - but I also thought they were using surplus bolts where possible.

ETA: A random thought. Given the ~34.75cm3 of volume in the surplus 7.65x17mm bolt [~39.75cm3 for the 9x18mm] I could comfortably get over the 625g/22oz baseline for a blowback 9x19mm bolt using tungsten. What's that fellow's name that makes the tungsten alloy Uzi/Mac11 bolts? Could be a very fun project to modify a receiver to accept an MP5 mag or similar and actually have a 9x19mm Vz61 that runs reliably. Expensive. But fun.

You do you - I don't own a CZ-75.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#15]
well.  checked the 75 and a shield plus mag in a 32acp receiver.  no dice. about 20 thousandths too short.  soooo, maybe like others suggested with the 9x18 or 380 receivers it could work...  lil receiver of hte gun is "ideal" for compact sub gun??  no point in all htat space like on an ar15 to shoot handgun rounds...
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#16]
well.  checked the 75 and a shield plus mag in a 32acp receiver.  no dice. about 20 thousandths too short.  soooo, maybe like others suggested with the 9x18 or 380 receivers it could work...  lil receiver of hte gun is "ideal" for compact sub gun??  no point in all htat space like on an ar15 to shoot handgun rounds...
View Quote

.32 ACP, .380 ACP, and 9x18mm Makarov all have the same overall length. The magwells don't differ on the lower, the feedramps do.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have a good source for .32 barrels that are threaded? My kit from Centerline should be here today, so I want to get the barrel and then 3D print a receiver!
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 5:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KonsKripteD] [#18]
Originally Posted By JHorne:
Anyone have a good source for .32 barrels that are threaded? My kit from Centerline should be here today, so I want to get the barrel and then 3D print a receiver!
View Quote

There's a seller on Gunbroker that I got one from.  Goofy 12mm threading though.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1016722909
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if Czechpoint is going to sell complete lowers?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KonsKripteD:

There's a seller on Gunbroker that I got one from.  Goofy 12mm threading though.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JHorne:

Same seller has listings where you can get that exact barrel but with the 1/2-28 adapter included.  That’s what I purchased a while back.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1014623928
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Same seller has listings where you can get that exact barrel but with the 1/2-28 adapter included.  That’s what I purchased a while back.

View Quote

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for!
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:06:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KonsKripteD] [#22]

View Quote

Yeah, I looked at that, but wasn't happy with how the adapter looked.  So I'm making an M12x1 3 lug.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Yeah, I looked at that, but wasn't happy with how the adapter looked.  So I'm making a M12x1 3 lug.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I looked at that, but wasn't happy with how the adapter looked.  So I'm making a M12x1 3 lug.

I hear you but mine worked out perfectly and has performed well with no issues.  I’ve probably shot 500 rounds through that particular upper with a can.  YMMV
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Yeah, I looked at that, but wasn't happy with how the adapter looked.  So I'm making an M12x1 3 lug.
View Quote

Please share details on how you are doing this if you can.  That would be great vs the big adapter
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fury413rb] [#25]
I got my southern receiver today.

A few machining things don’t seem great. One of the holes by the mag well was eaten into

Has anyone else received theirs?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

Please share details on how you are doing this if you can.  That would be great vs the big adapter
View Quote

I'll be working on this either this weekend or the weekend after.  I'll post up the results.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:22:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KonsKripteD] [#27]
Originally Posted By fury413rb:
I got my southern receiver today.

A few machining things don’t seem great. One of the holes by the mag well was eaten into

Has anyone else received theirs?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319551/IMG_6992_jpeg-3026144.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319551/IMG_6990_png-3026145.JPG

View Quote

They addressed the issues in a few posts on the vz61 subreddit.  I'm waiting to see how the next batch turn out before deciding on doing a reweld or buying a new production one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vz61/comments/17qad6c/southern_tactical_vz_61_recievers/
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#28]

They addressed the issues in a few posts on the vz61 subreddit.  I'm waiting to see how the next batch turn out before deciding on doing a reweld or buying a new production one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vz61/comments/17qad6c/southern_tactical_vz_61_recievers/
View Quote

Thanks for the link! I’m not a big Reddit user but looks like I should be
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By fury413rb:

Thanks for the link! I’m not a big Reddit user but looks like I should be
View Quote

No problem!  Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with the receiver that you got.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I wish someone sold a 7/16x28 3lug.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:46:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Anyone know if Czechpoint is going to sell complete lowers?
View Quote
Czechpoint themselves doesn't sell the lowers on their own, the only person that does is Jerry at Recon Ordnance. They're like $400 on gunbroker for a stripped one
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Finally got my replacement receiver I was waiting on since this last summer. With the previous maker having issues, hopefully I'll get lucky with this new Tort made one since they apparently have issues of their own. I have to give credit to Southern Tactical for getting me a replacement. They seem to be trying to do the right thing. I've got a kit ready to install on the new lower so I'll see how it goes this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Digging thru some old comics and found this. Thought y’all might enjoy

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I should not be allowed near modeling programs while I have a pair of calipers and different stocks.
(Note: Won't be doing more than 3d printed prototyping on most of these.)

(top) Ak underfolder, Galil, Yugo AK, 5.5mm AK sidefolder
(mid) Standard adapter v2
(bottom) Picatinny, Factory dovetail, Uzi underfolder, AR buffer tube
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#35]
looks fabulous!! im pumped for the new
AI modeling tools ( if they actually help destractible, lazy types ) (and the machiens dont enslave us right away)
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Got my replacement Southern Tactical lower assembled. Required some minor fitting and burr removal here and there including the threads for the rate reducer tube. Seems to function well compared to the previous batch with the large ST logo that wouldn’t lock back on empty or feed consistently. 3 out of 4 ammo’s worked well (PMC seems underpowered). Excited to have a working scorpion now. Hood rat shit engaged.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#37]
just got on off the EE. is PMC ammo ok for these? if not what brands should i look for and has anyone seen any deals?
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I've heard of more people having issues from American ammo. I think Fiocchi and S&B seem to be the most reliable overall.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 5:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#39]
I just saw your post on the Reddit group before clicking here. You can read my reply there, but basically stick with European ammo brands and avoid the USA 32 ACP. Especially avoid any hollow points, stick to FMJ
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:15:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: evnash] [#40]
Finally found one on our EE. 4 mags, rear pic rail adapter, front pic rail adapter, rmr adapter, extra wood grip.

Rand 4 mags worth of ammo thru it. Ppu, Aguila, Norma, Fiocchi. Confirmed it Doesn’t run with hollow point or pmc ammo.

Now to find more ammo and get a .22 upper

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I told you all I shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Starting top, clockwise: AR15, Uzi (underfolder only), 5.5mm AK sidefolders, Ak underfolder, Vz.58, Galil, Picatinny, and Yugo AK.  
(inner left) prototype vz.58 adapter for factory dovetails.  

Almost all of these I'm calling functional failures. They all mount (or can be made to with a few small changes), however currently most sit too high to use the sights.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Solar991:
I told you all I shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Starting top, clockwise: AR15, Uzi (underfolder only), 5.5mm AK sidefolders, Ak underfolder, Vz.58, Galil, Picatinny, and Yugo AK.  
(inner left) prototype vz.58 adapter for factory dovetails.  

Almost all of these I'm calling functional failures. They all mount (or can be made to with a few small changes), however currently most sit too high to use the sights.

https://i.imgur.com/2rmidKfh.jpg
View Quote

Thats badass
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Best source for 22 upper and mags?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got in a czechpoint 22 lr upper from Atlantic. Hoping to test it out this weekend. Are these picky with ammo? Also has anyone rit dyed the clear mags to black? Not a fan of the clear
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By evnash:
Best source for 22 upper and mags?
View Quote

Cheapest source is going to be the company that actually imports it and wholesale them to everyone else, Czechpoint.  I checked last night and they had the 22 upper kit that I think comes with two magazines for 399.  It looks like additional magazines are currently out of stock, but if you set up notifications and check back regularly, they usually come back into stock here and there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 7:35:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solar991] [#46]
The modeling ride just never ends.
This time, it's charging handles.

Edit: updated some of them
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Solar991:
The modeling ride just never ends.
This time, it's charging handles.

https://i.imgur.com/JKqY0X3h.png
View Quote

I'd be in for a couple of #6
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 5:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KonsKripteD] [#48]
Just bought one of the fixed fixed ST receivers from Atlantic.  We'll see what it looks like...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Just bought one of the fixed fixed ST receivers from Atlantic.  We'll see what it looks like...
View Quote

Picked it up today.  It looks nice, but the true test will be when I assemble it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Thought some might enjoy my latest subsonic ammo gauntlet featuring my .22 conversion + rugged mustang Suppressor

https://youtu.be/eqpAh5SgBe8?si=WcPOUdhjyULgsSC_
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top