Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I know some people are having a hard time finding trigger guards. Well, if anyone wants to reproduce them...

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
32 acp family pic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
How's the P32 shoot? I've held them before and they feel pretty nice, never shot one though. Could be a fun little range toy or backup pistol
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thatARMSguy:
How's the P32 shoot? I've held them before and they feel pretty nice, never shot one though. Could be a fun little range toy or backup pistol
View Quote

its tiny hence the grip tape. has always gone bang for me. i carry it with underwood extreme defender ammo.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone ever gotten around to making a metal safety ?

Also does anyone have a Southern Tactical VZ61 pistol. They seem to be a bit cheaper than a CZ and they use a regular metal safety.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:

Also does anyone have a Southern Tactical VZ61 pistol. They seem to be a bit cheaper than a CZ and they use a regular metal safety.
View Quote

Couple batches have had problems. I had to send my ST receiver back about a month ago or more. Haven’t gotten it back
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fury413rb:

Couple batches have had problems. I had to send my ST receiver back about a month ago or more. Haven’t gotten it back
View Quote

I’m specifically curious about the complete firearms. I have no Interest in building one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:36:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solar991] [#8]
Well, the design ride is finally nearing an end.

And that's because I've nearly finalized everything.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It only took me a year but I finally got around to being able to finish this thing. All I need still is a .32acp barrel and some 20 rnd mags. Mainly bought it to shoot .22 out of anyways, but why not have the original upper.

So far I have:

Czechpoint threaded .22 upper
20x 20rnd .22 mags
Surplus unissued VZ61 kit minus barrel
Stock adapter plate
Czechpoint receiver from Recon Ord

Looking forward to the build.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
It only took me a year but I finally got around to being able to finish this thing. All I need still is a .32acp barrel and some 20 rnd mags. Mainly bought it to shoot .22 out of anyways, but why not have the original upper.

So far I have:

Czechpoint threaded .22 upper
20x 20rnd .22 mags
Surplus unissued VZ61 kit minus barrel
Stock adapter plate
Czechpoint receiver from Recon Ord

Looking forward to the build.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_8695_jpeg-3125067.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_8696_jpeg-3125068.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_8710_jpeg-3125070.JPG

View Quote

20 mags? Did you run up on a deal or something?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#11]
No. Paid $22 each for them. But this was when imports were sporadic and they’d go for months being out of stock. During that time people would jack the price up on the uppers and mags during dry spells between imports so I just bought a pile of them at once to alleviate that potential problem.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#12]

It's that time again.  
I've completed the files, and I'm ready to send them out for production.  

*However*, no point in me ordering 100 if there's only interest in 5 and no point in ordering 5 if there's interest in 100.  

Just like last time, I'm keeping track of everything with Google Forms:  
The first for the charging handles
and the second for the stock adapters
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Solar991:
https://i.imgur.com/pN2m0cqh.png

It's that time again.  

*However*, no point in me ordering 100 if there's only interest in 5 and no point in ordering 5 if there's interest in 100.  

View Quote

Can you elaborate on the improved wire details?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:
https://i.imgur.com/pN2m0cqh.png

It's that time again.  

This.  It looks like it interfaces, but I can’t tell exactly what the lower part does.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#15]
If it eliminates the play of the wire folder then I'd be down for a couple of them
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solar991] [#16]
That lower bit is to reduce wobble and play. I can't say it eliminates it, particularly if your stock has some twist to it, but it does reduce it.  

Edit: Arfcom either loves or hates my images. So here's a link to the images I was trying to post.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#17]
That lower bit is to reduce wobble and play. I can't say it eliminates it, particularly if your stock has some twist to it, but it does reduce it.  

Edit: Arfcom either loves or hates my images. So here's a link to the images I was trying to post.
View Quote

Oh yeah, count me in
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:41:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#18]

View Quote

Can you make the back plate larger and design it so it has the same shape as the rear of the receiver (stock fully supported) when used with the original stock groove on a real receiver?

Either way…even if this is your final design how do I buy one?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Can you make the back plate larger and design it so it has the same shape as the rear of the receiver (stock fully supported) when used with the original stock groove on a real receiver?

Either way…even if this is your final design how do I buy one?
View Quote

Could I? Yes, with a good bit of labor, modeling, and fitting.

Will I? No.
For a few reasons:
- Complexity of machining. You'd have some fairly thin walls and way more machining steps that would drive cost way up.
- Compatibility. ST receivers have a different curve to them, and I'd like that specific adapter to work with both CSA and ST receivers. (That's why there's the ugly angle cut on the bottom leg. I'd love for it to be a nice curve. However this one is function over form.)
- Factory dovetails are not fully supported. They only touch at two points. The dovetail and at 6 o'clock on the bottom lip. This adapter mimics that contact, just at the back and not the bottom.

As for how to buy them, give me 2-4 weeks for folks to fill out the form.
Then I've got to send out "Requests for quotes" to a half dozen machine shops.
Then I pay the chosen machine shop and wait 6-16 weeks.
Once I receive one/some/all of the chosen designs I start contacting folks who filled out the forms with final pricing information.
You can decline, or you pay me (usually with paypal).
Then I ship a box or move on to the next person on the list.
Repeat until I run out of interested parties or product.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Got my kit. Looks like a good candidate for a reweld attempt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my kit. Looks like a good candidate for a reweld attempt.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_8849_jpeg-3131584.JPG
View Quote
That's way better than the one I got. I want to get it rewelded but that safety hole is gonna be a pain

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#22]
I don’t think nine could have been cut much better short of using a band saw. Will MIG work to reweld these?  Also…what’s the thread pitch on the rate reducer tube?  Cleaning that up and rethreading it will be the hardest part.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't think nine could have been cut much better short of using a band saw. Will MIG work to reweld these?  Also what's the thread pitch on the rate reducer tube?  Cleaning that up and retreading it will be the hardest part.
View Quote
I'm gonna follow this guy's writeup , he did a pretty good job of documenting the process. Here's what he used to do the welding:

The grip screw is threaded M15x1.0, right handed. You can get taps for like $20
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:34:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#24]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#25]

It is possible but welding is sort of an art or a skill that you have to work at to get good at it -I could never do it well but maybe you can.  You can try to practice with similar size and thickness steel until you get good at it.  To do something like a receiver, a Jig or block of aluminum  or copper will be helpful.

It might be very valuable to get some other receiver scraps to use as practice and also cut little sections as filler for the large gaps.  The more your just filling in a narrow space, the better.

As you would expect -   Don't weld in one spot too long, rotate your welding locations around the work and keep a heat sink on the weld, back with copper, go slow, it can be done.

Flux core is messy, so for every little spot you do expect to clean up the area of the parts well between weld time.  If you can weld and know someone with a better welder with shield gas, that would be cleaner.

Have fun - Hope it works out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#26]
It's not something I would ever MIG, but if you really made me, it would not be flux core.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Worst case i turn it into junk. Nothing lost if that happens.

Can someone with some calipers tell me if these trigger guard and magwell length measurements are correct?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#28]
Worst case i turn it into junk. Nothing lost if that happens.

Can someone with some calipers tell me if these trigger guard and magwell length measurements are correct?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_8937_jpeg-3134221.JPG
View Quote

If you have intact rate reducer threads, don't start at the rear. A cheap flux core machine is just wrong for the job, so at least you'll have a sellable rear cut once the front welds are botched.

Edit: I don't mean to be overly harsh, it's just the completely wrong tool for the job.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Threads are gone…torched right through. I’m going to add some extra weld…mill out the pocket, and rethread with a M15x1 tap.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Update on the stock adapters and charging handles.  

Looks like the first to be produced will be the improved wire folders in steel/black oxide, and (individual) fins in anodized aluminum.
Probably going to start sending out RFQs this weekend.

While those are doing their thing, I'm also going to be working on prototypes of the pic rail and the 58 stock with an RMR mount since a few people have requested it.

And a reminder, if you don't fill out the forms then I won't know to contact you once they're available.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Got the barrel installed, pinned, and bolt assembled. Everything is lined up perfect.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the barrel installed, pinned, and bolt assembled. Everything is lined up perfect.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_8958_jpeg-3136223.JPG
View Quote

How hard was it to install the barrel?

I am thinking of buying another kit and getting the RTI kit with their threaded barrel so I can have a threaded upper.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#33]
Honestly…stupid easy. Got it straight and used the bolt as a slide hammer. Covered the back of the receiver and shook it like a darn shake weight. My barrel was already drilled for the pin so once it bottomed out on the trunnion the pin hole made a nice witness hole to ensure it was in fact seated. Ran a drill bit through it to clean up any burs and the pin tapped right in with a little force. Used a punch and a 3 lbs sledge with gentle taps.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Honestly…stupid easy. Got it straight and used the bolt as a slide hammer. Covered the back of the receiver and shook it like a darn shake weight. My barrel was already drilled for the pin so once it bottomed out on the trunnion the pin hole made a nice witness hole to ensure it was in fact seated. Ran a drill bit through it to clean up any burs and the pin tapped right in with a little force. Used a punch and a 3 lbs sledge with gentle taps.
View Quote

Same for me. Easy peasy using the bolt to hammer it home. Then gave it a few good thwaps with a big brass punch for good measure. Cross pin went in fairly easy too through the barrel groove.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck my thumbs. I loaded 14 mags and gave up. Ordering a mag loader. Already ordered a SMG mag bandolier that holds 8 mags. Picking up my receiver tomorrow. Gotta throw it together real quick and then plan on mag dumping all 280 rnds because…function test.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

So is it just as easy to remove if i wanted to swap to a threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Getting the barrel pin out without mangling it may prove a little challenging. I’d have a new replacement on hand in case the pin gets screwed up.

Haven’t found any .32 ACP ammo locally but I did put a quick 50 rnds through the .22 upper after I got my CSA lower assembled. Zero malfunctions.

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#38]
Did some shooting with the .22 upper today. I’m 480 rnds in with zero stoppages or malfunctions using a wide range of ammo from low quality golden bullet to CCI SV and MiniMag. If you have a VZ61 and don’t have a .22 upper you’re really missing out.

Found 100rnds of PMC .32 auto to try out as well to function test the surplus upper I installed the barrel on. Possibly tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Did some shooting with the .22 upper today. I’m 480 rnds in with zero stoppages or malfunctions using a wide range of ammo from low quality golden bullet to CCI SV and MiniMag. If you have a VZ61 and don’t have a .22 upper you’re really missing out.

Found 100rnds of PMC .32 auto to try out as well to function test the surplus upper I installed the barrel on. Possibly tomorrow.
View Quote

FYI my extractor got pretty nasty shooing suppressed. It started throwing brass into my forehead.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m gonna let it ride dirty and see how far it will go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:

View Quote

Looks like it would be super simple to just drill out the right side safety hole to the proper size and pop in a metal safety.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Now at 1080 rnds no oil or cleaning. I’ll keep this updated as I go to see how many rnds I can get through it before it starts to choke consistently.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:13:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#43]
1160 rnds and counting…all suppressed…still no cleaning or oiling.

Can is getting a little full.

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#44]
1160 rnds and counting…all suppressed…still no cleaning or oiling.

Can is getting a little full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ob7pWyc1KY
View Quote

very cool
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Any option for a larger safety lever?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#46]
These mag loaders are a must have if you have a .22 upper.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#47]
These mag loaders are a must have if you have a .22 upper.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2980/IMG_9216_jpeg-3153825.JPG
View Quote

Yup. Just need to buy more mags now. Hoping for a sale soon
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I’ve never seen them “on sale”…but $22.50 each seems to be the standard. I want to grab another 10 or so mags eventually.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone happen to know the angle for the stock dovetail?
I have one source saying it's 60° and another saying it's 50°.
I currently lack the tools to verify with enough accuracy.

(Related: The improved wire stock adapter is delayed until I get these dimensions verified, adjusted, and revalidated)
(But good news, I've practically nailed the dimensions on an RMR footprint, so that will likely be available in the future.)
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#50]
Anyone have any leads on receiver stub pieces?  The demil on mine was rough and the rear receiver section will be a tough one to repair. Torch cut goes right through the rate reducer hole/threads. Plus side is piece #2 has a lot of intact metal so a rear stub cut at or forward of the safety hole will make for an easy job. Been looking but most people don’t seem to sell their stubs after they buy a kit for the parts.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top