BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By agb104983:
I forget which company made it but somebody made a block that bolts to the back where the stock would attach that has a rail on the top for mounting an optic and then a rail on the back for mounting a stock.  I have to go look up which company that was but it said on their website it was discontinued, but it would be nice if somebody made one again or could 3-D print one. The ability to have an RMR or other type a red dot mounted at the back of the receiver would be ideal
View Quote

Custom Smith?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/93097/20200628_205541-1481514.jpg

I 3D printed my receiver. It's an AR FCG hybrid design.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvbuo24BWEg
View Quote
That's some pretty consistent ejection

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool thread glad I stumbled across this.  

I am looking for a threaded upper in 7.65 to complete my build. If anyone has a line on one please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to see another of these threads. I love my Vz61 SBR and 32acp. I have a parts kit, wondering about building off a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

I am looking for a threaded upper in 7.65 to complete my build. If anyone has a line on one please let me know.
View Quote

Go here: https://www.czechpoint-usa.com

Sign up for notification and be ready to pounce. The threaded upper was in stock last week, for less than an hour. I am waiting to get one too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ScottXD:

Sign up for notification and be ready to pounce. The threaded upper was in stock last week, for less than an hour. I am waiting to get one too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Already signed up and been signed up.  They only got 5 in last week.... they were gone in a flash.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Just bought a Czechpoint vz61 from recon ord! Should be shipping soon. I’ll post pics as soon as it comes. I’m gonna SBR it right off the bat
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like there are 4 threaded .22lr uppers in stock.

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/22lr-vz-61-universal-threaded-conversion-kit/product

Act fast
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tolip:

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/22lr-vz-61-universal-threaded-conversion-kit/product

Act fast
View Quote

Thank you very much. Got my order in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Posting mine as I always do in these threads.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Act fast
View Quote

Cool... now just need to grab a few more mags
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Cool... now just need to grab a few more mags
View Quote

I almost bought one of these uppers just for the mags. I haven't seen mags in stock for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#13]

I almost bought one of these uppers just for the mags. I haven't seen mags in stock for a long time.
View Quote

I bought my upper in early/mid dec and they had both .22 uppers and magazines in stock for a short bit. You have to be quick on the trigger when you get the email alert.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:05:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#14]
So I received my .22LR upper and one of the two mags it shipped with will not fit into my lower. It is very tight and will not insert all the way and lock-in.  Other mag is perfect.  

Anyone else ever experience or heard of this issue with the .22LR mags?

The mag that inserts properly measures .7385" at it's widest point.  The mag that does not fit measures .749" across at it's widest point.

The mag that does not fit also has a greater measurement from front to back when measured just above the locking lug, 1.158" vs. 1.149" on the mag that fits.

Visually both appear to be identical.

I sent a note to the  folks at Czechpoint and I am waiting on their reply.

EDIT:  Hers' the reply I received today:   Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your magazine. Let me talk to the factory and I’ll get back to you with a solution. Thank you for taking the measurements, that will help me resolve your issue.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#15]
So I received my .22LR upper and one of the two mags it shipped with will not fit into my lower. It is very tight and will not insert all the way and lock-in.  Other mag is perfect.  

The mag that inserts properly measures .7385" at it's widest point.  The mag that does not fit measures .749" across at it's widest point.

The mag that does not fit also has a greater measurement from front to back when measure just above the locking lug, 1.158" vs. 1.149" on the mag that fits.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/zWctrg.jpg
View Quote

Let me know how it goes. I need to send them an email as well. I bought a 22 upper but haven’t shot it yet.  I just went and checked the fitment of my magazines and they are all extremely tight and almost impossible to get in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Let me know how it goes. I need to send them an email as well. I bought a 22 upper but haven’t shot it yet.  I just went and checked the fitment of my magazines and they are all extremely tight and almost impossible to get in.
View All Quotes

The mag that does not fit also has a greater measurement from front to back when measure just above the locking lug, 1.158" vs. 1.149" on the mag that fits.

Received a reply and edited the post above to include their reply.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Same issue with the kit I got last week.
Mags are so tight I am afraid I will break it if I force it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Just got in my Czechpoint vz61. Ordered from reconord. Looking to form 1 mine tonight. Those of you who have gotten back your approved form 1’s, what did you fill in for original manufacturer/importer and address? Did you put czechpoint USA or Czech small arms?

Also, what did you input for the barrel length and overall length measurements?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#19]
The one thing I don’t love about mine is the plastic safety selector.

Who would be interested in a solid metal one?

Trying to gauge interest for a potential project.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SubSonic1836:

View Quote

I know I would, depending on cost. From my research prior to recently purchasing my VZ61, the plastic safety is a commonly complained about the thing.  I think if you made them and they were a reasonable price, you wouldn’t have any problems selling them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

It's funny... I never noticed it was plastic until you mentioned it.  Yeah, I'm in for a quality solid metal one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:25:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#22]

The mag that does not fit also has a greater measurement from front to back when measured just above the locking lug, 1.158" vs. 1.149" on the mag that fits.

EDIT:  Hers' the reply I received today:   Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your magazine. Let me talk to the factory and I’ll get back to you with a solution. Thank you for taking the measurements, that will help me resolve your issue.

View Quote

FOLLOW UP:  2nd response from Czechpoint on the .22LR mags.

I have contacted the factory and they did find an issue with some of the magazines bodies. I will be receiving new magazines in the near future, but I’m not exactly sure when. I will swap out any you are having an issue with when I receive them. You can return your magazines now or I can contact you when I have replacements. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

In!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#24]

I know I would, depending on cost. From my research prior to recently purchasing my VZ61, the plastic safety is a commonly complained about the thing.  I think if you made them and they were a reasonable price, you wouldn’t have any problems selling them.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. I would need to figure out a price somewhere between “not worth the time and effort” and “nobody wants to pay that!”

If you don’t mind I’ll further pick your brain. What would be a reasonable price for you personally?

Anyone else feel free to respond.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#25]

I was thinking the same thing. I would need to figure out a price somewhere between “not worth the time and effort” and “nobody wants to pay that!”

If you don’t mind I’ll further pick your brain. What would be a reasonable price for you personally?

View All Quotes

Why don't you come back with a cost target that produces quality piece and let everyone chime in in that. What one person might pay is not exactly what the next would pay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Why don't you come back with a cost target that produces quality piece and let everyone chime in in that. What one person might pay is not exactly what the next would pay.
View Quote

Possibly $30 a pop. Not completely sure.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I would do $30.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I'm in at the $30 range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Can I get in on the $30 price if I don't have a Skorpion yet?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Marquar:
Can I get in on the $30 price if I don't have a Skorpion yet?
View Quote

Yes.

It may be a few weeks for me to see if this endeavor is feasible.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey guys, I’m attempting  to file my form 1 for my Czechpoint vz61. To those who have gotten back your approved form 1’s, what did you fill in for original manufacturer/importer and address? Did you put czechpoint USA or Czech small arms? Did you put the SA in front of vz61 for the model?

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#32]

I would do $30.
View All Quotes

I would do $30.

That s a no brainer.  I don't think anyone is going to argue a $30 price point. I'm in...
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Agreed.
$30 is a guaranteed "buy now"
$50 is "yeah, I guess so. Maybe in a week"
$75 is "cool idea, I hope he sells some"
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#34]
My 22 mags did not really fit at all right out of the box. This is just a brief synopsis of how I got them to fit properly.

First was the front corners which required sanding/filing to get them to slide in the lower.
Attachment Attached File

Next issue was the top ridge on the back of the mag which I used  an Exacto knife shave it down, no it's not pretty.
Attachment Attached File

The final issue was the mag catch was not engaging all the way. There was some flash at the seam that I removed with a round file. Mag catch was still not 100% engaged. Filed the catch a little deeper until it engaged without forceful insertion.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I’d definitely be in for a metal safety
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#36]
My 22 mags did not really fit at all right out of the box. This is just a brief synopsis of how I got them to fit properly.

First was the front corners which required sanding/filing to get them to slide in the lower.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270692/6e0662a5-7cea-4553-b3ea-a3cf865125dd_jpe-1809986.JPG

Next issue was the top ridge on the back of the mag which I used  an Exacto knife shave it down, no it's not pretty.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270692/ba49dbc0-9d9c-44a6-b36b-9113e90ee0b3_jpe-1809991.JPG

The final issue was the mag catch was not engaging all the way. There was some flash at the seam that I removed with a round file. Mag catch was still not 100% engaged. Filed the catch a little deeper until it engaged without forceful insertion.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/270692/20210202_161115_jpg-1809993.JPG
View Quote

I considered going through the pain to identify the high points and make adjustments. Then I considered what I paid for the upper kit and thought, well lets see what Czechpoint comes back with first.

Not sure if you saw my update but they know they have a problem and they are willing to replace the defective mag bodies.  At least in my case.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I would be in for two metal safeties.

I also got the email about returning the defective mags.  
I am planning on waiting until they get more in before I send mine back and asking for a return label.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:55:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#38]
Originally Posted By O1gagt:
I would be in for two metal safeties.

I also got the email about returning the defective mags.  
I am planning on waiting until they get more in before I send mine back and asking for a return label.
View Quote

They didn't even offer a return label in my correspondence and I specifically asked how shipping would be handled shipping.

EDIT: No return label but they said they would refund shipping cost.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Well if they don't want the bad ones back now you know what needs to be done. The first one took some time but the second one was easy once I had it sorted out.

Still might contact Czechpoint and see if I can snag a couple new ones.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I would absolutely buy one, if it was sub 50 tacos.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DeltaOp:
Hey guys, I’m attempting  to file my form 1 for my Czechpoint vz61. To those who have gotten back your approved form 1’s, what did you fill in for original manufacturer/importer and address? Did you put czechpoint USA or Czech small arms? Did you put the SA in front of vz61 for the model?

View Quote

I have an older model that's a D-Technik A.S. Czech Republic but model is Sa VZ61  barrel: 4.5" O.A.L.: 19"
HTH
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

I have an older model that's a D-Technik A.S. Czech Republic but model is Sa VZ61  barrel: 4.5" O.A.L.: 19"
HTH
View Quote

Thank you for the help. I’m still debating whether to use Czechpoint arms or CSA for the manufacturer part. Czechpoint is the importer, but CSA is the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#43]
If anyone has the ability to buy a dealer sample, one of these is up on Gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/890666574

The rest of us peons can sit back and dream under the glow of our government-provided safety.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:17:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: triode] [#44]

Thank you for the help. I’m still debating whether to use Czechpoint arms or CSA for the manufacturer part. Czechpoint is the importer, but CSA is the manufacturer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:

HTH

Mine was approved with:
D-Technik, Czech Republic
SA VZ61
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Years ago I did a tutorial on my Skorpion build at the Weapons Guild forum.  It is still there.  When i started, I think I was planning a re-weld of the receiver, but before I was done I found the Czechmate semi-auto receiver and used that instead.  Some might still find it interesting.

https://weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=5159.0

(you might have to be registered on the site to view, but it is a great place for "homebuilders")

Rob
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Isle Mfg has come out with a rail mount that would allow you to run a VFG, light, laser etc.

https://islemfg.com/vz-61-lower-1913-rail/
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

tagged and will read this tomorrow when I have more time.  22 upper received.  one mag seats fine, one is also extremely hard to seat.  I need to read more back in this thread to see what ya guys are doing and how czechpoint is handling this.  upper ran fine when tested last week tho.  mags are a bit difficult to load on your thumbs.   would definitely be in for a metal safety.  the metal one that comes in the parts kit just needs to be turned down a bit to fit the new receivers but I never got around to asking someone to try it.  glad I stumbled across this thread
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Finally got mine from FFL. Nearly blinded myself launching the detent to swap uppers. The whole thing is way smaller than I expected. Rolling my own prints this weekend so I can get my stamp. First time trying it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#49]

How's the reliability of the .32 versions been for everyone? I still have about one malfunction every 3 or 4 magazines using Norma FMJ.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I bought 1 box of a few different ammo's and gave them each a shot. (get it, a shot!)

The S&B shot perfect, so I bought more of that.

It's amusing that this thing won't take HP, and I got a Seecamp that only takes really short HP. At least my Beretta 81 isn't picky, it'll shoot any of them. I wonder how the tomcats are, since they got a threaded one of them now...

So yeah, it was ammo sensitive, but it's great with the ammo it likes and no functional issues at all.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top