Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2015 12:14:59 AM EDT
I have 2 Saker's on the way for my 2 SBR's, and I would like to get my buffer and springs set up.  My wife has the 11.5" and she likes it, but doesn't like the recoil.  So I was going to upgrade her to a Sprinco blue spring and a H2 buffer.  I am running a 10.3" DD barrel, and it shoots fine now, but I am concerned it will probably overgassed with a suppressor, so I was going to run a Sprinco in either red or blue, and a H3.  Does this sound about right, or should I be trying something else...
Any input is much appreciated!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
That might be a little stiff/heavy a combo for that barrel length. My advice is to get an adjustable gas block and use the JS SCS buffer system, quiet, smooth and different spring lengths can be used from the pack of 5. I've got a DD 11.5" with a SLR Sentry 7 gas block and the SCS with a white spring, the block is only open two clicks from closed when suppressed and it is smooth as pie with almost no recoil, less gas in your face as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have 2 Saker's on the way for my 2 SBR's, and I would like to get my buffer and springs set up.  My wife has the 11.5" and she likes it, but doesn't like the recoil.  So I was going to upgrade her to a Sprinco blue spring and a H2 buffer.  I am running a 10.3" DD barrel, and it shoots fine now, but I am concerned it will probably overgassed with a suppressor, so I was going to run a Sprinco in either red or blue, and a H3.  Does this sound about right, or should I be trying something else...
View Quote

You have the right idea.

I run Blue/H3 in a DD Mk18 upper no problems.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
H3 or X depending on port size.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Sprinco Red and H3 in my 10.5 Noveske CQB and it's still over gassed with an sdn-6. It will overrun the follower after the last round with Pmags. For some reason lancer mags work fine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Noveske 10.5 and I run a h3 with a sprinco orange spring suppressed and unsuppressed.  I shoot 5.56 , haven't shot any low pressure 223 in it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Is a Wolff XP spring any good, or should I just stick with Sprinco?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
With my 11.5" Daniel Defense barrel and a standard carbine buffer it went full auto when I stuck on a can.    It was cycling hard before that, the ejected rounds were hitting about 1:30 -2:00 without a can.

I changed to an H2 buffer and it runs fine now, but still dumps the empties about 2:00.  I've been meaning to try an H3.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With my 11.5" Daniel Defense barrel and a standard carbine buffer it went full auto when I stuck on a can.    It was cycling hard before that, the ejected rounds were hitting about 1:30 -2:00 without a can.
I changed to an H2 buffer and it runs fine now, but still dumps the empties about 2:00.  I've been meaning to try an H3.
View Quote

I had the same issue with my 10.5 Noveske.  WHen I put the can on when I still had a h1 and a carbine spring it would go burst from time to time, I have a sd3gun trigger in it  and sent it to Geissele and they said the trigger was fine. But it would only do that when I was shooting from a bench checking zero and different ammo.  I about shit the first time it happened.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You have the right idea.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have the right idea.

Is that suppressed on not?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is a Wolff XP spring any good, or should I just stick with Sprinco?
View Quote

Wolff XP is GTG. I use them in almost everything.

Specifically my DD 10.3" buffer setup is a Spikes ST-T2 and Wolff XP, however while it ran perfectly, it still cycled a little rougher than I liked with 5.56 ammo while suppressed. Not enough to cause an issue, I just knew it could be better. So I put on a Syrac adjustable GB and now its fantastic. Honestly I wish I would have done that to begin with. Look into that or the Govnah.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I ran a couple hundred rounds yesterday through a 10.5" upper yesterday. Sprinco blue and H3 with no issues. No idea on gas port size but it's a new Ballistic Advantage barrel.

ETA: No suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#13]
My gas block on my DD barrel is pinned.  Am I going to have to dimple my barrel to install the Govnah?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#15]
SLR Sentry 7 adjusted 4 clicks from closed
BCM H2 buffer
Standard carbine spring

No issues with wolf gold ammo with or without suppressor. No reliability issues and spits them out at 4:30 in a nice pile when suppressed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No, you don't have to dimple it.  It is personal preference.  Some dimple them and some go through the extra effort to get them pinned.  I personally don't think either is necessary if installed properly though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My gas block on my DD barrel is pinned.  Am I going to have to dimple my barrel to install the Govnah?
No, you don't have to dimple it.  It is personal preference.  Some dimple them and some go through the extra effort to get them pinned.  I personally don't think either is necessary if installed properly though.

And I will be able to adjust the setting without taking off my RIS II, correct?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL, yes I just did watch the video, and see it now.  I was on my phone earlier, and couldn't get the video to play.  Thanks for all the info too!!

ETA: I was able to order one this evening.  I went with the MK18 block with the Extra Gas plate.  I run all kinds of ammo, so I figured this was the best way to go.  I am not going to change my buffer spring, and I am going to keep the Spike's ST-T2 buffer for now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I would look into the VLTOR A5 system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top