User Panel

Site Notices
Free SBR stamp? (Page 2 of 16)
Page / 16
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CAC001:

There are currently more braced "pistols" in America than there will ever be registered SBRs. If anything is common use, it is braced pistols. Doesn't seem to constitute common use to anyone who cares.
View Quote

I agree that braces are in common use. I think we will fair very well in front of several judges.

Hopefully we also get SBR's removed from the NFA as a result of the coming court cases.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:
As an SOT, how does this affect you?
View Quote

1) SOT holders are not exempt from this regulation.  FFL's, regardless of having an SOT or not, had to comply with the regulation on 1/31 and do not have a 120 grace period.
2) As a trusted advisor to my customers it is my job to be fully aware of what this means for them as pistol braced firearm owners.
3) Even though I am an SOT holder, I still own firearms personally outside of my FFL/SOT
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By arlance:

1) SOT holders are not exempt from this regulation.  FFL's, regardless of having an SOT or not, had to comply with the regulation on 1/31 and do not have a 120 grace period.
2) As a trusted advisor to my customers it is my job to be fully aware of what this means for them as pistol braced firearm owners.
3) Even though I am an SOT holder, I still own firearms personally outside of my FFL/SOT
View Quote

Where did you read that we don’t have the grace period. I’m a ffl non sot and from what I’ve read I have to file a form 1 but when I did it didn’t make me fill out every sections. When I got my email saying it was being processed. I only got one of the PDF’s. You’re supposed to get two. One being the fingerprints cover page and one being a copy of the form and a Cleo notification. Wonder if we are exempt from having to do every section in the form where we are ffl’s?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By countrygunner:

Where did you read that we don’t have the grace period. I’m a ffl non sot and from what I’ve read I have to file a form 1 but when I did it didn’t make me fill out every sections. When I got my email saying it was being processed. I only got one of the PDF’s. You’re supposed to get two. One being the fingerprints cover page and one being a copy of the form and a Cleo notification. Wonder if we are exempt from having to do every section in the form where we are ffl’s?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By countrygunner:
Originally Posted By arlance:

I wasn't very clear on what I was trying to say.   FFL's have the 120 grace period as far as performing one of the 5 necessary actions.  But as soon as the ruling was published, it immediately went into effect preventing the sale / transfer of any pistol braced firearm in its current state.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry if I missed it, but can someone give me the quick rationale as to why one cannot or should not file the forbearance Form1 to make an existing rifle into an SBR?

Is it because the whole idea behind the forbearance is to grant relief to those that own braces attached to pistols?

But just so Im clear, before all this brace and forbearance shit, it was usual practice to use a rifle you had and apply for a $200 tax stamp to make it an SBR, right? lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TallPine:
Sorry if I missed it, but can someone give me the quick rationale as to why one cannot or should not file the forbearance Form1 to make an existing rifle into an SBR?

Is it because the whole idea behind the forbearance is to grant relief to those that own braces attached to pistols?

But just so Im clear, before all this brace and forbearance shit, it was usual practice to use a rifle you had and apply for a $200 tax stamp to make it an SBR, right? lol
View Quote

Most of the options have pros and cons, some are all cons. Ultimately everyone has to decide what’s right for themselves. I think a lot of the arguing though is just people trying to defend/justify their position to themselves.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Right. So do I have this right:

If you use this method to SBR a pistol, it can be de-registered in the future and return back to a pistol?

And if you use this method to SBR a bare lower receiver that has never been registered as a pistol or a rifle ever before, then it will forever be an SBR or a de-registered rifle...it can never be de-registered back to a bare receiver (and then one day to a pistol)?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The ability to go to a pistol hinges on whether it was first built as a pistol or first built as a rifle.  As long as you build it as a pistol first, you can legally go back and forth.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Of course, I knew that. Thats why I always make all my receivers into pistols.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing is free.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TallPine:
Right. So do I have this right:

If you use this method to SBR a pistol, it can be de-registered in the future and return back to a pistol?

And if you use this method to SBR a bare lower receiver that has never been registered as a pistol or a rifle ever before, then it will forever be an SBR or a de-registered rifle...it can never be de-registered back to a bare receiver (and then one day to a pistol)?
View Quote

You can only do the fee exempt Form 1 for a braced pistol that was owned by you as of 1/31.  You can't legally file a fee exempt Form 1 for a pistol stripped lower or even a complete pistol unless it was already configured as what the ATF has classified as a braced pistol in the ruling.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a trap
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Intune] [#13]
Originally Posted By Tyrannosaur:
It's a trap
View Quote

It really does have a bad smell to it. The 1968 Bill had an amnesty attached to it.  A long-time felon, with a rack of M-16s, stolen from the local armory, could register all of them, worry-free.  Does anyone on this site think that the ATF, with access to an army of government lawyers and officials, conveniently forgot, accidentally overlooked or just plain didn’t think about providing an ironclad amnesty to US Citizens?  

Not only, “trust us, we’re with the US government.“ But, unbelievably, “trust us, we’re with the ATF.”

Something is rotten.  Beware.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TallPine] [#14]
What do you guys see as the trap?

I naively dont see a downside IF you already have stamps and fingerprints on file with them and thus okay with the whole registration and screening regime. Your braced pistols can become SBRs for free, no engraving, and can later get de-registered and become regular pistols again. Whats the downside, whats the trap?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tyrannosaur:
It's a trap
View Quote

It's not. ATF has a crap case if they try and prosecute someone for having a braced pistol.  They have an even crappier case if they try and prosecute someone for a braced pistol who followed the ATF's guidelines and attempted to register it.

ATF knows that would torpedo their odds in court so they won't be trying it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Go ahead & trust them. No skin off of my teeth.

Here is a portion of the FRAC injunction request on behalf, partially, of B&T, and SB Tactical.

175. Parties in possession of a brace-equipped gun have until May 31, 2023 to register their gun, destroy it, permanently modify it, or surrender it to ATF. Id. at 6,480.

But to facilitate this “120-day registration period,” ATF must rely on “its enforcement discretion” because the agency’s position is that the millions of Americans in possession of these brace-equipped weapons have already committed the felony. Id. at 6,480–81.

176. “Notwithstanding the 120-day compliance period,” however, “the rule is immediately effective in that the Department may seek to enforce the NFA’s requirements with respect to any new making or new transfer of a weapon with an attached ‘stabilizing brace’ that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA.” Id. at 6,481.

I am not a criminal, and I am not going to admit to a crime. My other stamps didn’t require me to do so, and so, I won’t.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#17]
What am I missing bc I agree w OP.

If I have a few lowers that I want to sbr.  Basically have a brace for them, file the paperwork and throw the brace in the trash and wait.  Then you have an sbr.  

With an sbr lower you can pretty much put whatever length upper you want on it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Paying for fingerprints.

I have a sizeable NFA collection so I submitted 27 forms...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Good discussion here but i really looked over all the ATF stuff on this topic and decided to just go ahead and register the two "pistols" i have that currently have braces on them. I dont really have any need to go any deeper than that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Intune:
Go ahead & trust them. No skin off of my teeth.

Here is a portion of the FRAC injunction request on behalf, partially, of B&T, and SB Tactical.

175. Parties in possession of a brace-equipped gun have until May 31, 2023 to register their gun, destroy it, permanently modify it, or surrender it to ATF. Id. at 6,480.

But to facilitate this “120-day registration period,” ATF must rely on “its enforcement discretion” because the agency’s position is that the millions of Americans in possession of these brace-equipped weapons have already committed the felony. Id. at 6,480–81.

176. “Notwithstanding the 120-day compliance period,” however, “the rule is immediately effective in that the Department may seek to enforce the NFA’s requirements with respect to any new making or new transfer of a weapon with an attached ‘stabilizing brace’ that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA.” Id. at 6,481.

I am not a criminal, and I am not going to admit to a crime. My other stamps didn’t require me to do so, and so, I won’t.

View Quote

I sure do not understand how people are making the leap of “admitting to a crime” from saying “yes, I own a braced pistol that fits your criteria.”  I can say my stuff fits their criteria, while also saying “your criteria is BS, I disagree that it is an SBR, you don’t have the authority, etc etc”.

Absolutely nothing is requiring anyone to agree with ATF’s totally made up criteria.  If anything, it is coercive - you were required to register it or you then actually would be considered to be committing a crime.  In other words- had no good choice.    

Hell- they are not going to be able to successfully prosecute anyone who tells them to take a flying leap, what makes you think they could prosecute someone successfully who followed their instructions?  Safest legal position is to remove the brace or lengthen the barrel, the next safest is registering it, least safe is “go fuck yourselves”, but honestly even that last position is likely pretty safe....
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Guess this guy could be their "test" case for the "rule". Wonder if he filed for the free stamp. If the ATF leaves him alone, I got nothing to worry about.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/other/tsa-stops-loaded-assault-rifle-in-carry-on-bag-of-new-orleans-flight-to-houston/ar-AA17DbJy
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HammerTech:
Guess this guy could be their "test" case for the "rule". Wonder if he filed for the free stamp. If the ATF leaves him alone, I got nothing to worry about.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/other/tsa-stops-loaded-assault-rifle-in-carry-on-bag-of-new-orleans-flight-to-houston/ar-AA17DbJy
View Quote

Idiot is more what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tac556:

I sure do not understand how people are making the leap of “admitting to a crime” from saying “yes, I own a braced pistol that fits your criteria.”  I can say my stuff fits their criteria, while also saying “your criteria is BS, I disagree that it is an SBR, you don’t have the authority, etc etc”.

View Quote

I'm confused, how is someone “admitting to a crime” from saying “yes, I own a braced pistol that fits your criteria.”

What makes you think anyone is admitting to anything, is it because they are filing for a free stamp?  That could simply mean that you had a pistol, and now want to install a stock since braces are a no-go.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I took a different approach. I was going to SBR my gun anyways, so I submitted a form tax paid
My reasoning are this:

I'm not entirely sure the DOJ has any legal basis to waive collection of the tax. This is a tax mandated by Congress, not a fee they can change at the DOJ's whim.
The 120 amnesty is likely illegal. The NFA hasn't been amended since 1968, which by the letter of the law amnesty periods are not to exceed 90 days. (https://www.atf.gov/file/58201/download)

This whole thing seems like a setup for failure. Maybe it's incompetence. I think it's intentional incompetence. Either way the DOJ wins. They get a list at the least, and when if the amnesty is found to be invalid they get to go collect from that list.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:
I took a different approach. I was going to SBR my gun anyways, so I submitted a form tax paid
My reasoning are this:

I'm not entirely sure the DOJ has any legal basis to waive collection of the tax. This is a tax mandated by Congress, not a fee they can change at the DOJ's whim.
The 120 amnesty is likely illegal. The NFA hasn't been amended since 1968, which by the letter of the law amnesty periods are not to exceed 90 days. (https://www.atf.gov/file/58201/download)

This whole thing seems like a setup for failure. Maybe it's incompetence. I think it's intentional incompetence. Either way the DOJ wins. They get a list at the least, and when if the amnesty is found to be invalid they get to go collect from that list.
View Quote

They were specifically given the authority to waive the tax as part of Title II of the GCA, and this is not an "amnesty"
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Just submitted 4 forms, I will report back if anything bad happens
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By R3dundantC:
My reasoning are this:

View Quote

Besides the fact that everything you wrote is wrong, let me understand if I got this right, you got on a list because you didn't want to get on a list?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 3:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: keith13b] [#28]
Originally Posted By crazyelece:

let me understand if I got this right, you got on a list because you didn't want to get on a list?
View Quote
I think he wanted to get on the "I did it the right way" list and not the "I admit to being a felon based on your nonsense" list.

Many of us already own NFA firearms and are "on a list".  Many have a braced pistol to delay applying for a SBR stamp since the stamp is $200.  I think he was saying he was going to SBR it anyway, so why deal with all this nonsense just to save $200?  I get what he's putting down, but if you already are in the registry, I don't see a problem Form 1'ing any pistols tax free. Heck, it saves on engraving, too.

I'm old enough to remember May of 1986, so I'm going to take the ATF up on a few free stamps [edit: approvals] for my pistols so they can be adopted by my other SBR's. I still feel the regret of not Form 1'ing a few conversions while there was still the option.  We never know what new laws will get passed. SBR's may have a future like the machine guns did in the NFA. So I'm in before any future all out ban.  To each their own, though.  It seems like every day the news is covering this shooting and that shooting. Who knows what the future gun laws will be. I'm already on a "List", so I'm not going to worry.

I respect everyone's own personal decisions, though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wayne1one:
Just submitted 4 forms, I will report back if anything bad happens
View Quote
Keep us posted, and keep your dog inside until approved!  Also, make sure your boat registration is current!  

All kidding aside, let us know your experience.  I'm prepping to submit my few next week. I have always done paper forms in the past, so keeping my fingers crossed I do the e-form correctly.

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By keith13b:
I think he wanted to get on the "I did it the right way" list and not the "I admit to being a felon based on your nonsense" list.

Many of us already own NFA firearms and are "on a list".  Many have a braced pistol to delay applying for a SBR stamp since the stamp is $200.  I think he was saying he was going to SBR it anyway, so why deal with all this nonsense just to save $200?  I get what he's putting down, but if you already are in the registry, I don't see a problem Form 1'ing any pistols tax free. Heck, it saves on engraving, too.

I'm old enough to remember May of 1986, so I'm going to take the ATF up on a few free stamps [edit: approvals] for my pistols so they can be adopted by my other SBR's. I still feel the regret of not Form 1'ing a few conversions while there was still the option.  We never know what new laws will get passed. SBR's may have a future like the machine guns did in the NFA. So I'm in before any future all out ban.  To each their own, though.  It seems like every day the news is covering this shooting and that shooting. Who knows what the future gun laws will be. I'm already on a "List", so I'm not going to worry.

View Quote

100% where I fall in this scenario.  You have put it in print what I have been having trouble expressing since this whole debacle came about.  Well thought out, well written response.  Thankyou
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ksenter:

100% where I fall in this scenario.  You have put it in print what I have been having trouble expressing since this whole debacle came about.  Well thought out, well written response.  Thankyou
View Quote
@ksenter
Glad you liked my response.  I see too many people saying it all going to get shot down and are just ignoring it; however, I haven't really seen anything go that route except possibly the bump-stock ban which I believe is still being fought, but the damage was done at many State levels and the gun grabbers got their way, partially.  I don't have such a rosy outlook on this brace ruling.  I don't see SBR's getting removed from the NFA, I see a tightening of it.  After 120 days (or what ever) the Feds can easily say that if you pistol isn't registered as an SBR, then you are a felon.....and by the way, no more SBR's allowed to be form 1-'d.  Not saying that's going to happen, but something similar has with MG's in the past.  History seems to repeat itself, and hind sight is 20/20.

I wish I had a crystal ball, but I fired off a few Form 1's just to be safe, so let's see what happens. If they are denied and anyone comes knocking on my door, I'll have 16+" uppers on the lowers and all the pistol uppers will be for my already registered SBR's. My @$$ is clean (configuration, configuration, configuration).  I know many aren't in my same situation and are feeling nervous. I get that,, too.

In other news:

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Ditto^^
Don’t agree with it or like it but I’m paying attention to it. If a restraining order is not done by the end of March, I’ll probably register the 2 9mm pistol’s. I’ll probably go ahead and form 1 a lower for 556/ 300 bo.
Glad this is in the technical forums, it hasn’t turned into the insults and BS the other threads have.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

That was kinda the point - It's the same list.

And I agree with everything else below that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PovertyPonies] [#34]
Originally Posted By dana:
One question. What do you mean but last day to transfer into the trust? What documents would I need to show something is owned by my trust other than adding it to the schedule A?  

For example my LMT SBR is now owned by the trust.  But it was owned by me. I added it to the Schedule A. Then it was owned by the trust. That easy, ithink
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dana:
One question. What do you mean but last day to transfer into the trust? What documents would I need to show something is owned by my trust other than adding it to the schedule A?  

For example my LMT SBR is now owned by the trust.  But it was owned by me. I added it to the Schedule A. Then it was owned by the trust. That easy, ithink

I was researching trusts and the 120 day period myself, and came across this:

Under the final rule, the Attorney General has authorized a tax forbearance that allows current
possessors of firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace” that meet the definition of “rifle” and
have a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches to register the firearms tax-free. A current possessor is a
person who possessed the firearm with an attached “stabilizing brace” prior to the date the final rule
is published in the Federal Register.
Accordingly, any trust that seeks to register a firearm with an attached “stabilizing brace” that is
a short-barreled rifle pursuant to Final Rule 2021R-08F must include with the eForm 1
application evidence that establishes the trust possessed the firearm prior to the date the final
rule is published in the Federal Register. This evidence will generally include the signed, dated,
and notarized terms of the trust or trust schedules that list or provide a description of the
property held in trust.
For trust applicants, ATF will perform a thorough review of the trust
documents provided with the eForm 1 application to ensure the firearm sought to be registered
to the trust was property possessed by the trust prior to the date the final rule is published in
the Federal Register. Therefore, an eForm 1 application to register a firearm equipped with a
“stabilizing brace” to a trust will be disapproved if the applicant fails to demonstrate the trust
possessed the firearm prior to the date the final rule is published Federal Register.

They say the evidence will "generally" include a notarized description of the property held in trust.  I am not sure what "generally" means in this context.  It often means "usually" or "more often than not".  If they "generally" require something, then there may be exceptions.  I generally do not notarize my Schedule A, as I did not believe it was a requirement to add or remove property from the trust.  They did not say it "shall" or "must" be notarized, which would have been more clear.

If I'm not mistaken they added a requirement with 41P that you have to send in your whole trust, including the schedule A, when you transfer a new NFA item to the trust.  I suppose they could argue that braced pistols were NFA all the time and trust should have done that... could that be used as an excuse to deny a trust without a notarized schedule A the promised tax forbearance, whether or not the trust actually possessed the braced pistol prior to Jan 30th?

Has anyone tried to eForm 1 a trust-owned braced pistol under the rule and had it rejected or accepted?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Friend of mine filed one of these and it came back approved today. 40 days from filing to approval.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Friend of mine filed one of these and it came back approved today. 40 days from filing to approval.
View Quote
Thanks for the update.  Did they file individual or trust?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the update.  Did they file individual or trust?
View Quote

Individual.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kiltakaze] [#38]
Mine was approved today. No dogs shot in the process.

I went ahead and ordered the parts to take it from a brace to a Maxim CQB

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#39]
I have a couple I should just get it over with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293626/31D6B305-9B61-4884-B2D9-17581F0D5E94_jpe-2729171.JPG
View Quote

How long did it take?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#41]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293626/31D6B305-9B61-4884-B2D9-17581F0D5E94_jpe-2729171.JPG
View Quote

Nice!

I need one of those stocks for my 9mm
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:

How long did it take?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:

How long did it take?

Right at 44 days
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Nice!

View All Quotes

Nice!

It’ll be interesting to see if anything changes with the buffer system. I haven’t put rounds through it and I’m guessing I’ll have to retune my gas block
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 8:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Travis] [#44]
Mine got approved today as well.  Submitted January 17 Approved March 3 so a total of 45 days.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 8:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#45]
Have four, submitted two then two about 15 days later. (pure laziness on my part, digging them out of the safe)

They asked for a photo of the receiver markings on an Anderson receiver build. (300 AAC) they specifically stated JUST the receiver marking and not a pic of the whole gun.  Other than that it's all listed nice and pretty as "in process" as of today.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 11:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#46]
I reluctantly submitted a form1 for my Zenith mp5 clone. But it is basically unshootable, an an enjoyable fashion, without a shoulder hugger. I was too lazy to remove my picatinny rail to snap a pic of the S/N number on the top (partially covered by the rail.  So I just took a pic of the magwell stamping.  Hope it goes through. I wasn't sure if they wanted the S/n or just any stamping on the thing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
I reluctantly submitted a form1 for my Zenith mp5 clone. But it is basically unshootable, an an enjoyable fashion, without a shoulder hugger. I was too lazy to remove my picatinny rail to snap a pic of the S/N number on the top (partially covered by the rail.  So I just took a pic of the magwell stamping.  Hope it goes through. I wasn't sure if they wanted the S/n or just any stamping on the thing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20230225_195958_jpg-2732968.JPG
View Quote

You're not even required to submit photos with the form 1, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mak0:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mak0:
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20230225_195958_jpg-2732968.JPG

Well shit. I thought for sure it wouldn't let me continue the application without submitting one.  They sure as hell don't tell you it's optional like other things on the form.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#49]
You do have to submit a passport photo of yourself right?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Yea but I’m not sure where. I’m guessing online. I just used my cell phone and the us passport renewal application to crop the photo correctly. It gives you a correct sized image you can save digitally. Super easy, and then I put two or three of them 4x6 Paint image jpeg, saved THAT, then had it printed at a Kodak kiosk for 39 cents. Much better than 12 bucks.
Page / 16
Free SBR stamp? (Page 2 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top