User Panel

Site Notices
Free SBR stamp? (Page 3 of 16)
Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 10:58:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diesel1979] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
You do have to submit a passport photo of yourself right?
View Quote

Yes.  I just took a selfie on my phone with a white wall as a background and just made sure it was under the 3MB size requirement
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
You do have to submit a passport photo of yourself right?
View Quote

I just use a phone selfie.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What information is needed in the description field of the SBR section on eforms?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By seabass25:
What information is needed in the description field of the SBR section on eforms?
View Quote

Check your other thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/eForms-Form-1-SBR-Description-field/51-542736/
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:

Check your other thread.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/eForms-Form-1-SBR-Description-field/51-542736/
View Quote

Made hot

Link Posted: 3/4/2023 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t see how the trust route is even possible. My schedule A is title II firearms, which this thing is not until they changed the rule. There’s no way to prove the trust owned anything in there until stamps came back, at which point they would move from schedule B (non title II) to A in my trust.

One of the lowers I would consider getting stamped is a specially finish 80% as part of a themed build.  It is already engraved with my trust info because it is on the (undated unnotarized) schedule B.

I was going to wait until after March, but I think I’ll just skip this one since if they deny it, I won’t have time to resubmit as individual which may not even work because it has my trust info on it!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:21:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: a390st] [#7]
If someone placed the items in a trust and had the attachment listing the items notarized prior to the publication in the register, I think it would work.  That isn't the route most folks normally take with SBRs, but I believe it would work.

ETA, if someone didn't think ahead between the date the final rule was released but prior to publication, it would obviously be too late.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never notarized my schedules.  Each time I submitted the trust prior to the rule change affecting trusts, I just added the serial number to the schedule A spreadsheet and printed a new copy to place with each physical copy of the trust and submitted the F1.  I last did a F1 in 2017.

The trust route is getting more difficult every time they publish a new rule.  I guess I'll go through with filing them as individual if there are no injunctions by May and see what happens.  I'll amend my will to make the NFA trust the beneficiary so if I kick off, they end up in the trust without paying $200 each.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ajclune:
If someone is already in the nfa game. .. what’s the negative to this?
View Quote

I don't see a downside if you already have stamps and have some braced pistols where you hate the brace and wanted to stamp them anyway (I have two).
However, if you travel to areas where NFA items are banned, this will affect your ability to do so.  

I think if you have some stuff you were going to stamp anyway, have at it.  Then put stocks on them.
If we win in court you can either go back to braces and keep them off the NFA, keep the stocks on them if you like the stocked versions better, then build yourself some braced pistols to make up for the NFA items.
Actually, now that I think about it, if we win in court, if you took the stock off a stamped item and put a brace back on it, then you take it to non-NFA states again.
Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
Mine was approved today. No dogs shot in the process.

I went ahead and ordered the parts to take it from a brace to a Maxim CQB

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293626/31D6B305-9B61-4884-B2D9-17581F0D5E94_jpe-2729171.JPG
View Quote

That looks very "fit for purpose", good job.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By a390st:
If someone placed the items in a trust and had the attachment listing the items notarized prior to the publication in the register, I think it would work.  That isn't the route most folks normally take with SBRs, but I believe it would work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'm sure it would but I don't see where that's a requirement.

They just want "a document" showing them to be trust property on, or prior to, 1/31/2023. Nobody is saying such a document must be notarized.

Originally Posted By twoisone:
I've never notarized my schedules.
I haven't seen anything stating that notarization is required.

Nothing ATF has recently changed should affect that. Trusts are mostly a state thing, and ATF should be recognizing trust documents the same as they've been doing. I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

Many trusts simply use an Assignment of Property page and not a Schedule A.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Notarizing an attachment to a trust certainly isn't the norm, but if ATF is trying to turn trusts down because there was nothing to show the items were property of the trust before the magical date, that is one solution.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Notarizing an attachment to a trust certainly isn't the norm, but if ATF is trying to turn trusts down because there was nothing to show the items were property of the trust before the magical date, that is one solution.
View Quote
Let's stop giving them solutions they don't actually have.
Nobody has reported that their trust registration was denied due to a lack of notarization.

They don't have the power to change how trust documentation works. That is a state legal issue.

It is true that the original trust-creating document should be notarized. That has never changed AFAIK.
You don't need anything newly notarized to show that your 12 year old trust owned a braced firearm on 1/30/2023.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The atf brace ruling just says the inventory sheet is "generally" notarized because they know they can't dictate how trusts were formed. Anyone can put whatever they want on the inventory/schedule A and ATF has no way to prove it wasn't in the trusts possession before the go live date.

The whole notarized part doesn't really hold value on an inventory sheet either other than the date next to their name.  A notary isn't confirming any information on that document is accurate other than the person signing it is who they say they are, they aren't verifying who owns what, etc.

I'm really interested to see some trust applications go through, I think all I've seen posted is individuals.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
Mine was approved today. No dogs shot in the process.

I went ahead and ordered the parts to take it from a brace to a Maxim CQB

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293626/31D6B305-9B61-4884-B2D9-17581F0D5E94_jpe-2729171.JPG

Had to retune the gas but it’s a fun little gun. My primary HD gun
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Nobody has reported that their trust registration was denied due to a lack of notarization.

They don't have the power to change how trust documentation works. That is a state legal issue.

It is true that the original trust-creating document should be notarized. That has never changed AFAIK.
You don't need anything newly notarized to show that your 12 year old trust owned a braced firearm on 1/30/2023.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:

That's just what their eforms faq page says to do.  I don't care what anyone does, I'm just repeating what they say will work.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]
ATF has really pushed it with this rule. No way I’m waiting until May to attempt the trust route unless some have come back approved without ironclad dates of ownership.

Otherwise, I’m sure I’ll get jammed up with a brace on June 1 and be left with only convert to pistol or $200 options. I don’t have a dog so that’s not a concern.

Damn this is stupid. The law abiding spin on this and the criminals worry about nothing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I got one of my F1's back approved today. Time to swap to a stock...
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I got one of my F1's back approved today. Time to swap to a stock...
View Quote

How long was the wait? I did a true e form 1 as a trust, waiting since 1/20. Called ATF today and they said it was averaging about 40 days.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, how long did your's take?  I called and the ATF employee told me they were averaging 60 days for approvals.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#21]
That one was about 40 days. It wasn't my first one filed but was the first one approved.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#22]
Originally Posted By Patsfantn:

How long was the wait? I did a true e form 1 as a trust, waiting since 1/20. Called ATF today and they said it was averaging about 40 days.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Wandell:
Yes, how long did your's take?  I called and the ATF employee told me they were averaging 60 days for approvals.
View Quote

Click me

29 days

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Submitted my eform, Jan 20, and prints via fingerprint cards about 2 weeks later. Got the approval back today, via email. The form advised ‘APPROVED’ within the approval block is ‘Approved with Conditions’  The conditions state ‘Pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F’.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I got two more approvals today.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]
That's just what their eforms faq page says to do.  I don't care what anyone does, I'm just repeating what they say will work.
View Quote
This is what it says as of March 3rd:
Can I register my firearm with a "stabilizing brace" to my trust?
Yes; however, the firearm would have needed to be owned by the trust prior January 31, 2023. Evidence that the firearms was in trust should be provided with the registration document.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/can-i-register-my-firearm-%E2%80%9Cstabilizing-brace%E2%80%9D-my-trust

Nothing about notarization; just "evidence."
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I have filed using my trust.  In addition to uploading my trust, I also uploaded a notarized amendment where I added all of my AR's into my trust prior to 1-31-2023.  ATF's website still saying "conditionally approved".
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#27]
ATF's website still saying "conditionally approved".
View Quote
AFAIK all the brace (tax-deferred) registrations are "conditionally approved".
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I submitted 8 forms on 2-2 (actually submitted 1-16 but didn't send in prints, so had to cancel, get digital EFT file and resubmit). And only 1 came back so far. on 3/8, so right over a month.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I got two more approvals today.
View Quote

Were yours Trust or Individual?

I’ve got three on a trust that I’ve been waiting to submit, but everything I’m reading says they’re not approving Trust applications, at least as of yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By drkg:

Were yours Trust or Individual?

I've got three on a trust that I've been waiting to submit, but everything I'm reading says they're not approving Trust applications, at least as of yet.
View Quote
Mine are all individual.

I just got two more approved today. Now I need proper stocks for my P50 and Stribog.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#31]
got 2 more approved today.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By twoisone:
I don’t see how the trust route is even possible. My schedule A is title II firearms, which this thing is not until they changed the rule. There’s no way to prove the trust owned anything in there until stamps came back, at which point they would move from schedule B (non title II) to A in my trust.

One of the lowers I would consider getting stamped is a specially finish 80% as part of a themed build.  It is already engraved with my trust info because it is on the (undated unnotarized) schedule B.

I was going to wait until after March, but I think I’ll just skip this one since if they deny it, I won’t have time to resubmit as individual which may not even work because it has my trust info on it!
View Quote

I modified my trust with a Shedule B of non NFA property.  I put my pistols in it since they were all suppressor hosts.  So I'm essentially moving property within the trust from Sched B to Sched A.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]

ETA, if someone didn't think ahead between the date the final rule was released but prior to publication, it would obviously be too late.
View Quote

My schedules aren't notarized, nor are the Amendments.   Only the trust origination doc is.
Hasn't been an issue since 2008 and multiple stamps over the years since.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By captexas:
The atf brace ruling just says the inventory sheet is "generally" notarized because they know they can't dictate how trusts were formed. Anyone can put whatever they want on the inventory/schedule A and ATF has no way to prove it wasn't in the trusts possession before the go live date.

The whole notarized part doesn't really hold value on an inventory sheet either other than the date next to their name.  A notary isn't confirming any information on that document is accurate other than the person signing it is who they say they are, they aren't verifying who owns what, etc.

I'm really interested to see some trust applications go through, I think all I've seen posted is individuals.
View Quote

They approved multiple stamps with a non notarized Sched A over a period of 10 years...that's known as "precedent".
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm still at 0/6 all submitted on 1/16.  Government efficiency at it's finest
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Firestarter123:
I'm still at 0/6 all submitted on 1/16.  Government efficiency at it's finest
View Quote

My last form is approved, my first form is still out. I think I submitted the first about two weeks before the last form.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone with any luck on an amnesty form on a Glock? Both my brother and I are waiting on ours. I wonder if they won't consider that an SBR
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:
Anyone with any luck on an amnesty form on a Glock? Both my brother and I are waiting on ours. I wonder if they won't consider that an SBR
View Quote

I did a couple. I provided pictures of the braced firearm to prevent hiccups.

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be processing these forms for months or maybe a few years.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#39]

I did a couple. I provided pictures of the braced firearm to prevent hiccups.

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll be processing these forms for months or maybe a few years.
View Quote

Well I got 3 of 8 back all filed on the same day (2/2) so hopefully they will all be trickling in over the next week.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:

Well I got 3 of 8 back all filed on the same day (2/2) so hopefully they will all be trickling in over the next week.
View Quote
I've gotten five of twenty seven so far.

Five or so I expect to take longer as ATF didn't have them in their system.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Man....no idea why this is taking so long. All my NCIS checks come back in mins, I think the longest I ever waited was about 20mins.

Submitted - 1/14

Paper prints received - 1/19

No word on either, still in submitted/processing
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#42]
NFA is a different world. Transfers routinely take 9+ months. F1's were commonly over a month before ATF started this mess.

I had a Form 4 take two years one time. I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By D0minat0r:
Man....no idea why this is taking so long. All my NCIS checks come back in mins, I think the longest I ever waited was about 20mins.

Submitted - 1/14

Paper prints received - 1/19

No word on either, still in submitted/processing
View Quote

Submitted mine same day as yours and mailed prints out 1/16. Still crickets and it ain't my first SBR. Just a normal FATF thing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HammerTech:

Submitted mine same day as yours and mailed prints out 1/16. Still crickets and it ain't my first SBR. Just a normal FATF thing.
View Quote

I wonder if mailing the prints slow it down, as they have to sort through the mail and attach it to a form. Also the first week or so was a mess with the system going in and out. I submitted my original ones 1/16 but decided to cancel those forms (took 2 weeks before they added the link to delete them), and submitted 2/2.  My brother that did mid Jan is still waiting also.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, I’m thinking the same as many, fingerprint cards are slloooowwwwwww.
I filed a freebie on 2/1, prints arrived 2/6, and radio silence.
Check the E-Form tracker thread today and see a 2/20 Silencer Shop submission approved before mine, let alone all the others who’ve been waiting since January, or longer, shits just messed up, it should be FIFO.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By stinkypol:
Yeah, I’m thinking the same as many, fingerprint cards are slloooowwwwwww.
I filed a freebie on 2/1, prints arrived 2/6, and radio silence.
Check the E-Form tracker thread today and see a 2/20 Silencer Shop submission approved before mine, let alone all the others who’ve been waiting since January, or longer, shits just messed up, it should be FIFO.
View Quote

My mailed cards got approved quickly. As others have pointed out I don’t think there’s a method to the submission/approval que.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I was advised that if you choose to submit paper fingerprint cards, send them Priority Mail. That way they will arrive quickly and you can track them.  USPS charges about $10.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Am I right in not seeing any free SBR’s submitted on a Trust??

- all individuals??
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
Am I right in not seeing any free SBR’s submitted on a Trust??

- all individuals??
View Quote

So far it looks like it.

I gave my trust 12 braced pistols on schedule b and had it notized before the publish date.  I have been dragging my feet but I’m going to say F it and submit them all sometime this week.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone who has got their reply email with their stamp, what email is it coming from?

Thanks, just so I can make sure it doesn’t go to junk.
Page / 16
Free SBR stamp? (Page 3 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top