User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 35
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
It would be okay for a fixed barrel pistol or PCC but basically anything rifle centerfire is going to be really loud with 1.375"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pdm:
Anyone using this type of baffle stack "muzzle brake" for a F1 can? This one has an OD of 1.375 and I was thinking Tig'ing a SS tube over it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/696/s-l1600-637501.JPG
It would be okay for a fixed barrel pistol or PCC but basically anything rifle centerfire is going to be really loud with 1.375"
The OD of the monocore is 1.375", it would fit a 1.5" tube, not a 1.375" tube.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#2]
Double
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#3]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
View Quote
That's correct and I believe that it'll require taking a few thousands off of the OD of the mono-core to make it work.

My intent by posting was to see if anyone had actually tried these and what the results were. Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:21:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#4]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
View Quote
Ohhhh. Okay. It would probably be about the performance of YHM's and Liberty's monocores.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Ohhhh. Okay. It would probably be about the performance of YHM's and Liberty's monocores.
View Quote
I doubt it. The Leonidas has 6 chambers, compared to that monocore's 15, and they progressively get smaller.
Not to say you couldn't remove some material and increase chamber sizing, though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:48:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: heisman01] [#6]
How much of an improvement are 60* cones VS  the cups style?
And in that the for 60* style, a radial cone + spacer from toality or stacking cones from DM?

I've done some reading but would like to hear from someone who's done both.

Thinking of a 6" TI tube with end cap and a QD adapter for 556,

7 60* cones .3 for the hole first one SS rest will be TI with side notches, open space will be the blast chamber at roughly 1.4"

8 radial cones .3 holes first one SS, blast chamber 2"
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By heisman01:
How much of an improvement are 60* cones VS  the cups style?
And in that the for 60* style, a radial cone + spacer from toality or stacking cones from DM?

I've done some reading but would like to hear from someone who's done both.

Thinking of a 6" TI tube with end cap and a QD adapter for 556,

7 60* cones .3 for the hole first one SS rest will be TI with side notches, open space will be the blast chamber at roughly 1.4"

8 radial cones .3 holes first one SS, blast chamber 2"
View Quote
I would also like to know about this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:42:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#8]
I'm not sure what "the cup style" is, but if it isn't a cone, radial, or VSR, I wouldn't put it into a suppressor meant for HV ammunition.
Cones over radials for HV ammo.
Depending on your machinery and skills, spacers vs skirts can be tricky. If you need to cut the skirts it can be a PITA to get true. Conversely, cutting spacers and keeping the cuts square can also be a PITA.
Individual spacers do allow for varying your internal layout, provided you cut differing sizes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
So it sounds like the totality ind cones will be a better choice.

2" blast chamber >|>|>|>|>|>|>| 7 cones(>) with .5" spacers( | )

6" SDA 6" tube and end caps

Look about right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Totality Industries, ZMachineWorx, or Rusty's RSC are your best bet for internals.  Those crappy little cups that you can find on eBay are pure crap.  They have angled shoulders that lead to them collapsing in on each other, they're excessively thick, the cone in them is at the wrong angle for optimum suppression, and they're generally made from sub par materials like 6061 Aluminum or 303 Stainless.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Purchased everything I’d need from totality, and no shipping email 3 days later... is that normal for them?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump to keep the thread alive. I plan on doing a F1 556 can in 2019
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm planning to form 1 a can for a 9mm PCC this year, as well as a 300blk version.  May go crazy with 556 and 308 if funds allow.

For the 9mm (first build), I'm planning on an 8" Guard setup from CMMG (unless something better pops up at SHOT).  Current plan is an 8" x 1.5" OD setup from Rusty.  First 3 RSC in SS, then 4 in Ti.  If I'm buying a stamp, I'd like to build something that is full-auto durable/capable, because "someday".  Haven't decided on an endcap yet, though I like several of DM's setups.  I need to communicate back with Rusty, and confirm which components/vendors "play" well with his.

I was considering a Bowers VERS9 first, before going to Form1 route.  It seems a well--regarded subgun can.  However, it's big.  Initially I was planning on going with a 5" CMMG setup, until reading Bowers comments that he didn't like the 5" version as a host, and preferred the 8" version.  That's fine, but an 8" host with 8" can is a bit long for a PCC.  What would be another alternative for getting low db, durable, compact reduction on 9mm?  I assume a 6" build will be louder than a 8"...but a lot?  In my mind I'm going for "hollywood quiet" (hence the new CMMG delayed blowback setup, vs the Colt 9mm setup I have), but I may be running into the reality of compromise at this point.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Does this count as DIY?
Solvent trap
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I could see some cleaning solvents going to town on that bronze and turning it into sludge.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lay:
Does this count as DIY?
Solvent trap
View Quote
If that thing has a through bore, threads or not, I wouldn't go anywhere near it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By User55645:
If that thing has a through bore, threads or not, I wouldn't go anywhere near it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By User55645:
Originally Posted By Lay:
Does this count as DIY?
Solvent trap
Lol don’t worry, I’m not touching it. Too much money for me to spend at the moment.
But it doesn’t appear to have a through hole.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#19]
bump. Any new builds recently?
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 12:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMITHAR] [#20]
Yes.

Specs -

- 6.8" SD Tactical B Ti tube
- Liberty booster (housing machined down to match the Tube OD)
- 2x 17-4 60deg w/DHC
- 5x Ti 60deg w/DHC
- SPC Ti endcap
- 2" 17-4 blast chamber spacer
- 0.5" 17-4 spacer
- 5x 0.5" Ti spacers

Final weight is 15.5oz. A little heavy.

Still have to Cerakote the tube (this week).

Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SMITHAR:
Yes.

Specs -

- 2x 17-4 60deg w/DHC
- 5x Ti 60deg w/DHC
- SPC Ti endcap
- 0.5" 17-4 spacer
- 5x 0.5" Ti spacers

https://i.imgur.com/evIQQJf.jpg
View Quote
@SMITHAR

what's it going on?
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 10:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMITHAR] [#22]
Originally Posted By Sev89:
@SMITHAR

what's it going on?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sev89:
Originally Posted By SMITHAR:
Yes.

Specs -

- 2x 17-4 60deg w/DHC
- 5x Ti 60deg w/DHC
- SPC Ti endcap
- 0.5" 17-4 spacer
- 5x 0.5" Ti spacers

https://i.imgur.com/evIQQJf.jpg
@SMITHAR

what's it going on?
Lol that might be important information.... 9mm. Specifically a gen 3 G19 running an Alpha Wolf barrel and 19lb recoil spring.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rzrmanifest] [#23]
All companies mentioned for selling internals are shut down. How is there any sort of legal backing for that?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By rzrmanifest:
All companies mentioned for selling internals are shut down. How is there any sort of legal backing for that?
View Quote
Been wondering that myself, sucks that I just got this bug and now it seems that the supply has somewhat dwindled for quality internals. I'm planning on doing a dedicated 9mm can with a tri lug adapter for a 9mm PCC. This is what I've got so far:

Tri Lug from SDTA
Tri Lug Adapter from MMW
Tube from MMW
Baffles from SPC
End cap from MMW

I think all I need now is some 7075 al and 17-4 ss spacer material I can cut to length, suggestions on sourcing that anyone? Thoughts on the above products and how it will perform?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:

I think all I need now is some 7075 al and 17-4 ss spacer material I can cut to length, suggestions on sourcing that anyone? Thoughts on the above products and how it will perform?
View Quote
7075 and 17-4 are generally not available in tubing or in small quantities of tubing. For round stock Online Metals or look for “drops” on EBay.  Alternatives are 2024 aluminum tubing, 304 stainless tubing or even 4130, grade 9 titanium tubing. Titanium is hard to beat for strength to weight and moderate heat resistance. Diversified Machine has some different diameters of thin walled titanium spacer material.  Thicker 6061 aluminum tubing is fine for low pressure, low temp spacers. Aluminum does have a higher coefficient of thermal expansion than steels or titanium so if it is used in a tight fit inside those materials it can induce stresses.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
7075 and 17-4 are generally not available in tubing or in small quantities of tubing. For round stock Online Metals or look for “drops” on EBay.  Alternatives are 2024 aluminum tubing, 304 stainless tubing or even 4130, grade 9 titanium tubing. Titanium is hard to beat for strength to weight and moderate heat resistance. Diversified Machine has some different diameters of thin walled titanium spacer material.  Thicker 6061 aluminum tubing is fine for low pressure, low temp spacers. Aluminum does have a higher coefficient of thermal expansion than steels or titanium so if it is used in a tight fit inside those materials it can induce stresses.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:

Awesome. Thanks for the info, I did not know that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#27]
MMW will have spacers and skirtless cones soon.
Page / 35
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top