Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably been cheaper to let him buy the material.  As much supply as he goes through, I'm sure he gets a better deal.  What slight markup he adds would likely cover what you paid and what you'll pay to ship to him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
Probably been cheaper to let him buy the material.  As much supply as he goes through, I'm sure he gets a better deal.  What slight markup he adds would likely cover what you paid and what you'll pay to ship to him.
View Quote
It was free.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 1:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, in that case.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
View Quote
With stainless and aluminum, almost certainly, but I don't do enough with titanium to get quantity price breaks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sixtysixdeuce:

With stainless and aluminum, almost certainly, but I don't do enough with titanium to get quantity price breaks.
View Quote
I sent you an IM
Is email or FB a better commo method?
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I sent you an IM
Is email or FB a better commo method?
View Quote
On here?

Either FB Messenger or email works, check both multiple times daily.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]

On here?

Either FB Messenger or email works, check both multiple times daily.
View Quote
@Sixtysixdeuce

Do you have the tooling to do a rear endcap to fit a Gen 1 CZ Scorpion Evo? I think it's 18x1 thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
So I really liked the SDTA end cap however they did not offer it in 1.375” in TI. After multiple attempts emailing them asking if they could make me a one off and getting no response I asked ECCO Machine if he could do something in a similar style. Of course he could, he also made me a booster bushing to fit my tube and added the flutes which match the liberty booster perfectly. I cannot recommend his services highly enough.

Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Purdy
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Those flutes look deep!  How thick is that tube?  I’m going to send my titanium silencer to Ecco when the stamp comes back, but I’m not sure mine is thick enough to cut flutes like that.  I’d like something at the base for better grip to remove it.  Maybe a sleeve over the top?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Those flutes look deep!  How thick is that tube?  I’m going to send my titanium silencer to Ecco when the stamp comes back, but I’m not sure mine is thick enough to cut flutes like that.  I’d like something at the base for better grip to remove it.  Maybe a sleeve over the top?
View Quote
They're. 020" deep, tube is .058" wall. I used a 9/16 ball nose to get the width.  Kind or a pain, because any more than about .001" depth disparity will cause a visible change in flute width, so even with a mandrel inside, you have to touch off both ends of the cut and adjust height for each cut.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
They're. 020" deep, tube is .058" wall. I used a 9/16 ball nose to get the width.  Kind or a pain, because any more than about .001" depth disparity will cause a visible change in flute width, so even with a mandrel inside, you have to touch off both ends of the cut and adjust height for each cut.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sorry for it being a pain

I've got another ~18" of that tube left. I will ask for something simpler next time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MSUbulldog21:

Sorry for it being a pain

I've got another ~18" of that tube left. I will ask for something simpler next time.
View Quote
No worries!  The cost of the fluting reflected the hour it took to set up and do it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
OST for next batch of .22 parts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Pic of said free TI, will be sending off to Nick tomorrow to let him work some magic and give us feedback on this material supplier.

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#17]
So Sixtydixdeuce is ECCO?

Guess I'm not understanding how this works...

Is this how it goes:

1. Discuss what you want

2. Pay for it

3. He gives you OAL for your F1

4. You fill out F1, and provide him with Engraving info

5. He makes, engraves, and coats parts

6. Wait for F1 approval, and then he ships it in pieces so you can build it.

Am I close?

Website?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Well I got my tube today, turns out there’s a reason why no one makes a 1.375 tube that the liberty booster can screw into, the dang threads aren’t big enough

Anyway I’ll have to have a booster bushing. I’ll probably just order a bushing from DM and I’ve reached out to SDTA to see if they can make me an endcap like I want in the size I want. I’ve asked DM twice about when I could order one of their low pro end caps with no response...

Once I get that stuff in I’ll be sending it out to ECCO to be threaded and have weight loss surgery.

What’s the point of diminishing returns on 9mm handgun cans? I can pretty much do anything I want with this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/267CADA6-A43B-4ECC-9250-7E5719D1D5A6_jpeg-1173968.JPG
View Quote
Dear god please do it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:38:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cowbell] [#19]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Is this how it goes:

1. Discuss what you want

2. Pay for it

Am I close?

Website?
View Quote
No, not really.

First of all OAL isn’t that critical but always err on the side of too long on your F1. If you think it will be 6.5” put 7” on the form. Just don’t gon longer than what’s on your form and don’t be off like 3”.

Fill out form 1, wait for approval.

Once stamp is received poke a hole in the endcap big enough for a bullet of listed caliber to pass through.

Send to ECCO with instructions and contact info. I reached out before I shipped anything.

He will put your stuff in the queue and get to work on it when he can.

Once completed he will call you for CC payment.

Easy breezy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
Dear god please do it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tommyidone:
Well I got my tube today, turns out there’s a reason why no one makes a 1.375 tube that the liberty booster can screw into, the dang threads aren’t big enough

Anyway I’ll have to have a booster bushing. I’ll probably just order a bushing from DM and I’ve reached out to SDTA to see if they can make me an endcap like I want in the size I want. I’ve asked DM twice about when I could order one of their low pro end caps with no response...

Once I get that stuff in I’ll be sending it out to ECCO to be threaded and have weight loss surgery.

What’s the point of diminishing returns on 9mm handgun cans? I can pretty much do anything I want with this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259822/267CADA6-A43B-4ECC-9250-7E5719D1D5A6_jpeg-1173968.JPG
Dear god please do it.
That tube has already been chopped down, unfortunately
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By slowkota1:

Is this how it goes:

1. Discuss what you want

2. Pay for it

Am I close?

Website?
View Quote
No, you have to build, rather "make" it first AFTER you have your approved Form 1.  A hollow tube that screws to your gun with an end cap drilled out is considered a silencer you made.  No need to fill it up with cups or anything since the ATF considers a hollow can with end caps a silencer. It will lower the report somewhat. That's all that counts.

Lesson learned on my end after email with Nick:
You don't need to have it engraved first.  He can do it all at once. ATF isn't picky about time of engraving.
I didn't need to buy the expensive titanium end cap I bought since he is going to build an insert that screws into my tube. Should have just bought aluminum or steel. It's kind of a disposable item you must have to "make" a silencer.    Each design is different, so take this with a grain of salt and speak/email with  Nick first.  He's is an artist. Go with his plan.

....Patiently waiting on Form 1 approval to punch that hole and send it on to him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I did a little more reading (checked out his FB page lol) after I posted... Once I read that I was like "Duh, I'm dumb!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anthony20031] [#23]
Ok I'm a little slow on this friday afternoon so just wanted to clarify.

I could order a titanium tube with end caps from DM. Once I get those and my F1 gets approved i can drill a hole through the end caps for my required bullet diameter. Then send it all to Ecco for internals/baffles and coating etc?

I went through the F4 process for a YHM 5.56 can but am looking for a 9mm can that I can swap between my striborg and my vp9. As a result, interested in the F1 route rather than waiting 12 months for the F4.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#24]
It’s that time again boys:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
My jealousy is peaked.... pinching pennies to make mine happen this year.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:
Depending on materials used and what not you may end up only saving a little to breaking even going the F1 route. You will however have your stamp approved in ~30 days and get to customize everything to your liking. Be warned: ITS ADDICTING.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I don’t want to bug Nick cause he is a busy man but what’s the average turn around time once you send him a can? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By nubs101:
I don’t want to bug Nick cause he is a busy man but what’s the average turn around time once you send him a can? Thanks
View Quote
I think I read he’s got about two weeks of work ahead of new work coming in the door.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I think I read he’s got about two weeks of work ahead of new work coming in the door.
View All Quotes
Good time to be in his line of work
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
I sincerely hope he makes more money than he knows how to spend. He’s a hard working good guy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
I try to turn around smaller jobs like mount conversions & barrel threading within a couple weeks, but I'm 4-6 on recores.

I try to batch the jobs for efficiency, so I'll do mount conversions when I have a half dozen or more here, but recores are far more involved and there's not really a batch efficiency component to them with each one being different, so I do them in the order they're received.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
I sincerely hope he makes more money than he knows how to spend. He’s a hard working good guy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Girthrockwel:
No doubt.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#33]

I try to turn around smaller jobs like mount conversions & barrel threading within a couple weeks, but I'm 4-6 on recores.

I try to batch the jobs for efficiency, so I'll do mount conversions when I have a half dozen or more here, but recores are far more involved and there's not really a batch efficiency component to them with each one being different, so I do them in the order they're received.
View Quote
Well if the Form 1 thread on approval times tracks true, you should be getting another recore sent to you next week.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Well if the Form 1 thread on approval times tracks true, you should be getting another recore sent to you next week.
View All Quotes

My most recent one:
Attachment Attached File

Went home and drilled it that night, had it in the mail for repairs the next day
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:15:50 AM EDT
[#35]
From ECCO’s Facebook page yesterday:

I'm absolutely buried right now, burning the candle at both ends and still having a hard time keeping up.   As such, my wife is going to be starting to help out with things on the billing, shipping and communication end so I can focus on making parts.  It's going to take a little while to get her up to speed, and she's still going to have to consult me frequently to answer your questions accurately.  I just ask that everyone be patient with us as she adapts & learns.  She's very much a gun person and loves suppressors, but she hasn't lived and breathed the technical side of it like I do, so it's a steep learning curve for her.  I just can't keep running the whole show 100% on my own.  Everyone will be better off if the 2-3 hours I spend every day invoicing, billing, packaging and responding to messages were spent on making parts while she handles more of this end.
View Quote
On one hand I’m happy business is so good but on the other sad that Nick is working himself so hard for us. I never did understand how he could do it all by himself. Nick, don’t burn yourself out buddy. We can wait. This route is still not anywhere near the one year mark. Take care of yourself man.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Good to see he's got help.  I once owned a small paint and body shop and did it all. It's not fun trying to wear all the hats.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
An update on the latest project, a 9mm handgun silencer
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#38]
And more photos! Can’t wait to get this thing home!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Sweet!  Mine's sitting in a box in the que.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Sweet!  Mine's sitting in a box in the que.
View Quote
It's #9 right now.

MSUBulldog's ended up a little ahead of it's position in the queue by date because it was one of two here getting internals of that diameter & profile, and it's much more efficient to batch them together when I can than to do one and have to come back and set everything up the same way it was a week or two later.  So if cans in the queue go rifle, rifle, rifle, rifle, pistol, rifle, rimfire, pistol by date, I'll do the 5 rifle critters first since they're all getting 50° baffles, then set the lathe up for 60° baffles and do the two pistol cans since one of them was next, then the rimfire.  It's the same way with making solvent trap kits, doing mount conversions and threading barrels, finding an efficient balance between batching similar work and the chronological order in the queue.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Just like cutting lumber! Once that saw is set up, keep working.    Funny how a cut that takes seconds can take up to an hour to make all the setups.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Got a care package in the mail today..

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#43]
MSUbulldog21, that looks beautiful!  I'm somewhere in the queue for a rebuild of an old HTG can that had a baffle strike a few years ago.  Been in the safe ever since, until I found ECCO Machine here!  Looking forward to it.  I'll post pics once complete.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m very happy with how everything turned out except one thing, something - I’m guessing it’s the moly resin - smells terrible. I need to get some rounds through this thing quick to knock the smell off of it
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:23:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sixtysixdeuce] [#45]
I’m very happy with how everything turned out except one thing, something - I’m guessing it’s the moly resin - smells terrible. I need to get some rounds through this thing quick to knock the smell off of it
View Quote
Moly resin doesn't really have an odor after curing.

I did put a few rounds of Fiocchi 158 gr through it to test right before packing it up to ship, so maybe it's the powder residue.  I do mean right before; it was still warm when I bubble wrapped it!
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Moly resin doesn't really have an odor after curing.

I did put a few rounds of Fiocchi 158 gr through it to test right before packing it up to ship, so maybe it's the powder residue.  I do mean right before; it was still warm when I bubble wrapped it!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HPIguy] [#47]
Sixtysixdeuce, I sent you my contact info. A fellow member directed me over here. I'm about to start my second F1 build, and the thread said discuss with you first, so... I know you're busy, so no huge hurry. Waiting on FD-258s to arrive in the mail anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Did you order from the ATF?

If so, the wait shouldn't be long. I recently ordered some more after 8p on Thursday 2/13, and they were in my mailbox Tuesday 2/18. Not bad with a weekend and no mail delivery on Monday the 17th President's Day.
View Quote
It took nearly 3 weeks to get my cards. Ended up ordering some on Amazon Prime because time was ticking with my Form 1 already submitted.
Ordered about a week before I submitted my Form 1
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Did you order from the ATF?

If so, the wait shouldn’t be long. I recently ordered some more after 8p on Thursday 2/13, and they were in my mailbox Tuesday 2/18. Not bad with a weekend and no mail delivery on Monday the 17th President’s Day.
View Quote
I ordered from National Gun Trusts. Their walk through really helped me out with my first form one last year, so I figured I'd support them.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top