Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2013 4:08:30 PM EDT
I uninstalled and reinstalled one today on my Chinese M14 clone.  The mount is great albeit a little small.  

So here is my rifle and the ARMS 18 mounting system.  

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ZRZzkp_jH4M[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/ZRZzkp_jH4M
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I see more and more of these being installed...
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one - I just hope that my M1A receiver is not out of spec and will work properly with the ARMS 18 mount.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want one - I just hope that my M1A receiver is not out of spec and will work properly with the ARMS 18 mount.

I hope it works out for you.  Love to see a picture of it when your done.  

Bill
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They are literally made for the rifle.  The units are a bit heavy but I like that.  Another Inch of rail would make this a king, but realy its designed for a lower power scope maybe a 2-7x.

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are literally made for the rifle.  The units are a bit heavy but I like that.  Another Inch of rail would make this a king, but realy its designed for a lower power scope maybe a 2-7x.

I swapped out a Brookfield for one, as it sat a bit lower and offered no obstruction to the ejecting brass, as a full rail mount may occasionally do.  When I first saw the ARMS mount in the mid 90's they were holding MK4 and a few B&L 10x scopes using MK4 rings.  Dang, I'm old enough that even the crap I bought new is now 'old school'

Here's an Old School #18.  This was new school then, the Brookfield was on it's way out (there are a few high-end companies out there copying the Brookfield now).  The ARMS #22 didn't last long, either. I was unimpressed with their lockup system's ability to stay tight.

Note:  No rail, wide open to eliminate any obstruction to the ejection port.

Link Posted: 5/22/2013 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
What size rings are you guys using with your ARMS #18 mount?

Trying to figure out what size rings I'm going to need for the lowest profile possible.

For example, with a 50mm objective, will low rings work with this mount?
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are literally made for the rifle.  The units are a bit heavy but I like that.
Another Inch of rail would make this a king, but really its designed for a lower power scope maybe a 2-7x.

So a 1-4x24 Nightforce NXS would be a good choice for this mount

Link Posted: 5/22/2013 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
gcrookston, those older split mounts are hard to find... very nice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#9]
A quick question for members using an A.R.M.S. #18 scope mount on your M1A/M14...

Are you able to use your iron sights when no rings/scope are mounted

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 3:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A quick question for members using an A.R.M.S. #18 scope mount on your M1A/M14...

Thank you

On the older, split style, once the scope & rings were removed, yes you could.  The channel cut afforded ample relief to allow the use of iron sights.  I'm going to guess the new mounts also allow for the use of irons.

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you

On the older, split style, once the scope & rings were removed, yes you could.  The channel cut afforded ample relief to allow the use of iron sights.  I'm going to guess the new mounts also allow for the use of irons.

Excellent and thank you
Link Posted: 5/24/2013 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Old school split rail. With the scope off you can see the irons fine.
It's like it just becomes part of the rifle.

JR
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#14]
racecar, thank you for the clear pictures and explanation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top