Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2013 6:03:29 AM EDT
Hi all I am thinking of getting the Ultimak rail for my scout and socom 16 then since I like scout scopes using the Leupold 1.5-5x33 VX-R Scout Scope on the Socom 16 and the Burris Scout Rifle Scope 2-7x 32mm on the scout. Is that a good plan or would leupold be the way to go for both or burris? I like the fire dot in the leupold for low light..I have a leatherwood right now on my scout that I am going to move to one of my lever guns instead...  Anyone use both whats the best setup for each rifle? My eyes are getting old so no red dots for the socom 16 ideas

Thanks all.

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi-Lux offers a LER Scout Rifle scope with a .308 BDC reticle that may be worthy of consideration.

LINK

I like the UltiMAK, but I like the new, and lighter SHG from M14.ca better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply I like the leatherwood I have It is just the regular scout scope though. I have seen the burris scout scope on a buddies rifle and it was very clear maybe the glass was just better on my eyes then the leatherwood the leatherwood is good dont get me wrong it just felt a little "less" then the Burris my leupold I have on my AR10 is perfection of course so I figured the 18" scout might be able to use the increased magnification a bit better then the socom 16.

That rail you mentioned do you have it on your rifle? If you do do you have any pics? Thanks again I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 7:37:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Also is it worth the few extra bucks over the Ultimak? Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the SHG on my Blackfeather "RS" and I have used the UltiMAK M8 quite a bit.
As mentioned, the SHG lighter than the M8, almost 4 ounces lighter. LINK
I think it's worth the extra $.

It fits standard stocks and you can install side rails if you like.

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you that is a sharp looking setup you have I really like that rail and that you can mount a side rail as well, I really like your M1a you did a great job, is that a SEI socom gas plug you have I am looking to put AAC brakes on all rifles so I can run one suppressor for everything, if so how do you like that plug? With this mount how do you think a scout scope would sit?, could you cowitness with the irons or still to high with low rings? Thanks again I appreciate the help  
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the SHG on my Blackfeather "RS" and I have used the UltiMAK M8 quite a bit.
As mentioned, the SHG lighter than the M8, almost 4 ounces lighter. LINK
I think it's worth the extra $.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/CQB-16.BF-RS.06.25.13.b.jpg

It fits standard stocks and you can install side rails if you like.

http://www.m14.ca/m14SHG/VLTOR_FIBRE_FOR_THE_SOUL.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you that is a sharp looking setup you have I really like that rail and that you can mount a side rail as well, I really like your M1a you did a great job, is that a SEI socom gas plug you have I am looking to put AAC brakes on all rifles so I can run one suppressor for everything, if so how do you like that plug? With this mount how do you think a scout scope would sit?, could you cowitness with the irons or still to high with low rings? Thanks again I appreciate the help
View Quote

This was my set up with the UltiMAK M8. I could co-witness the irons through the T-1.

This was my set up with the M14.ca SHG. The inline design of the stock prevented me from using the iron sights.
However, the SHG will co-witness irons through a T-1 or other low sitting Aimpoint when used with a traditional stock.

I do use SEI's stubby SOCOM gas plug on my CQB-16 suppressed with a Wind Talker can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top