Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 1:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carterbrunelle] [#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:45:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By carterbrunelle:
I put these on everything.

Also, redi-mag has to license the technology from Radian Weapons (formerly AXTS), so I bet the margians are just not high enough to sell these at wholesale. We’ve never looked into carrying them, but that would be my guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By carterbrunelle:
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

@Lancewood

Those mag catches are the sheet. Adds the one feature needed to make the KAC lowers completely ambidextrous by allowing you to lock to bolt open with a press of the mag release. Love them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20190622_073309_jpg-988698.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20190622_073527_jpg-988700.JPG
I put these on everything.

Also, redi-mag has to license the technology from Radian Weapons (formerly AXTS), so I bet the margians are just not high enough to sell these at wholesale. We’ve never looked into carrying them, but that would be my guess.
Interesting. I thought it was their own design. I knew AXTS had the same functionality in some of their lowers, but I thought they had a totally different design.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:11:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeviantHero] [#3]
Making progress on my Mod 2 Carbine 'build'.

Still looking for a few pieces, but I appreciate everyone who has sold/traded me rare/htf parts thus far to work towards finishing my dream carbine.

Edit: Phone pic, sorry it isn't the best.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#4]
Originally Posted By DeviantHero:
Making progress on my Mod 2 Carbine 'build'.

Still looking for a few pieces, but I appreciate everyone who has sold/traded me rare/htf parts thus far to work towards finishing my dream carbine.

Edit: Phone pic, sorry it isn't the best.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439238/Mod2BuildEdit_jpg-994181.JPG
View Quote
@DeviantHero

Making progress, man! Gonna be sweet with the QD cup lower and that dust cover. Are you gonna pin that nice Gen 1 MAMS or is this an SBR? Also, what else are you looking for to finish it, anything in particular?
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]

@DeviantHero

Making progress, man! Gonna be sweet with the QD cup lower and that dust cover. Are you gonna pin that nice Gen 1 MAMS or is this an SBR? Also, what else are you looking for to finish it, anything in particular?
View Quote
@871JZ

Thanks, this is going to be an SBR. I plan on keeping the lower, so I don't mind engraving my information on it in the trigger area, and don't want to pin the Gen 1 MAMS either.
To finish this, I am looking for a 13.5" URX 3.1, black LMT SOPMOD stock, black gas block castle nut, and an old school large logo aimpoint battery cap. I was tossing around the idea of getting a KAC aimpoint mount to keep it all KAC, but then I was seeing Scalarworks mounts and how much everyone likes them, so I may go that route.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting this all put together and going shooting.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:54:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#6]
@871JZ

Thanks, this is going to be an SBR. I plan on keeping the lower, so I don't mind engraving my information on it in the trigger area, and don't want to pin the Gen 1 MAMS either.
To finish this, I am looking for a 13.5" URX 3.1, black LMT SOPMOD stock, black gas block castle nut, and an old school large logo aimpoint battery cap. I was tossing around the idea of getting a KAC aimpoint mount to keep it all KAC, but then I was seeing Scalarworks mounts and how much everyone likes them, so I may go that route.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting this all put together and going shooting.
View All Quotes

@DeviantHero

@871JZ

I see. Glad to hear you're not pinning that MAMS.This will be an awesome build. If I run across any of the harder to find parts you're after I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:

You can drive yourself crazy with opinions and inter-netting. Buy one and try it. You'll likely keep it, if not, you won't take much of a hit selling it. Especially if you buy from the link above.
View Quote
This is very true. I may give a T2 on either a Scalarworks or Geissele mount.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Subiescott:

This is very true. I may give a T2 on either a Scalarworks or Geissele mount.
View Quote
Don’t rule out the M5.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By themissinglink:

Don’t rule out the M5.
View Quote
No? Do tell.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
This thing is damn clean. Envious of the MAMS.

How you like the M600 as well? I was thinking I'd go with a M300 but they're tapped out at 500 lumens...
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]

No? Do tell.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:14:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#15]

How you like the M600 as well? I was thinking I'd go with a M300 but they're tapped out at 500 lumens...
View All Quotes

Clean lines, but it's actually getting pretty beat. Lol. It's my favorite AR, so it sees 95% of all the use. Round count is at 10k and climbing. Still going strong as expected.

I love the Surefire. I've got a bunch of M600U's and still have one M300 left. I tried an M600DF, but I actually prefer the older M600U. It has more throw and a better cutoff all the way around. The 600DF seemed to just throw light everywhere without purpose, kind of like a set of aftermarket HID bulbs installed into factory incandescent reflector headlights. Lots of lumens, just going all over the place. I prefer a cleaner output and the 600/1000 lumen 600U's give that. Plus they're just a tiny bit smaller, which I also prefer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, for $543 each it's hard to resist ordering a couple just to have for future builds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vet14tango10:

Great prices there, almost too good to be true for NIB items. Never heard of that site. Have you ordered from them?
Many times. They get alot of action in the optics deals thread. Have one of their T2 deals inbound.
Yeah, for $543 each it's hard to resist ordering a couple just to have for future builds.
Ughhhh yeah I dragged my feet on that deal from ManVentureOutpost. Price back up to $700s.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#17]

Clean lines, but it's actually getting pretty beat. Lol. It's my favorite AR, so it sees 95% of all the use. Round count is at 10k and climbing. Still going strong as expected.

I love the Surefire. I've got a bunch of M600U's and still have one M300 left. I tried an M600DF, but I actually prefer the older M600U. It has more throw and a better cutoff all the way around. The 600DF seemed to just throw light everywhere without purpose, kind of like a set of aftermarket HID bulbs installed into factory incandescent reflector headlights. Lots of lumens, just going all over the place. I prefer a cleaner output and the 600/1000 lumen 600U's give that. Plus they're just a tiny bit smaller, which I also prefer.
View Quote
There's something to admire about a rig with some wear and tear lol. What kind of diet does she have? I'm looking to only run WG through mine. Practically mil-spec and can be had at a consistently fair price. LC M193 is also another viable option but price fluctuates too much.

Thanks for the brief M600 review fyi. That dual fuel variant always turned me off. It just seems gimmicky and I have no issue carrying spare CR123s....so the M600U it is. Probably on an Arisaka offset scout mount as well. I love the one I have, tucks the light away yet looks good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vet14tango10] [#18]
Ughhhh yeah I dragged my feet on that deal from ManVentureOutpost. Price back up to $700s.
View All Quotes

Great prices there, almost too good to be true for NIB items. Never heard of that site. Have you ordered from them?
Many times. They get alot of action in the optics deals thread. Have one of their T2 deals inbound.
Attachment Attached File

Just now. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SurtrsFire] [#19]
Still this price for me.

Ordered two. One for a mod 2 and one for a sgl31.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeviantHero] [#20]

View Quote
They are still $534

https://www.manventureoutpost.com/Aimpoint-200170-Micro-T-2-2-MOA-wStandard-Mount_p_22833.html

Edit: Had this open for a while before I replied and everyone beat me to it
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#21]
My bad, false alarm! I was accidentally looking at a price off Primary Arms.

And side note, what do you guys prefer...Arisaka offset mount or KAC scout mount?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#22]
Nvm
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#23]

And side note, what do you guys prefer...Arisaka offset mount or KAC scout mount?
View Quote
For lights, arisaka is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
I have offset mlok scout mounts from both.
Arisaka can tuck the light in a tiny bit closer to the rail.
KAC is a much nicer finished product.

Looking at my rifles I currently have all KAC installed and Arisaka on the shelf.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Duct tape. D cell maglite.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

Still this price for me.

Ordered two. One for a mod 2 and one for a sgl31.
View Quote
I will take membership renewal for saving you a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:55:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#27]

For lights, arisaka is hard to beat.
View Quote
The new offering's from Modlite look sweet. Was thinking of ditching my M600 on my Mod 2 CQB for one. Edit: But +1 for Arisaka too they are local to me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:12:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#28]

There's something to admire about a rig with some wear and tear lol. What kind of diet does she have? I'm looking to only run WG through mine. Practically mil-spec and can be had at a consistently fair price. LC M193 is also another viable option but price fluctuates too much.

Thanks for the brief M600 review fyi. That dual fuel variant always turned me off. It just seems gimmicky and I have no issue carrying spare CR123s....so the M600U it is. Probably on an Arisaka offset scout mount as well. I love the one I have, tucks the light away yet looks good.
View Quote
Of the approximate 10k through it now, about 5k was Wolf Gold and the rest a mix of different M193/M855 and a case each UMC and Bronze, which are both weak as hell.

View Quote
I use Arisaka Inline Scout mounts on MLOK handguards. That's what's pictured on my 14.5" Mod 2 above. I've used the KAC offset mounts, too, but I think the inline option is cleaner and it also gives you some horizontal adjustability which is built into the mount. Works good if you need some adjustment for a front sight/DBAL/etc.

These are both Arisaka inline mounts:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Of the approximate 10k through it now, about 5k was Wolf Gold and the rest a mix of different M193/M855 and a case each UMC and Bronze, which are both weak as hell.

I use Arisaka Inline Scout mounts on MLOK handguards. That's what's pictured on my 14.5" Mod 2 above. I've used the KAC offset mounts, too, but I think the inline option is cleaner and it also gives you some horizontal adjustability which is built into the mount.
View Quote
Yeah man, been running mostly WG lately, but bought a ton of IMI M193 which these rifles do like as well.

Although I run KAC scout mounts on my mod 2's, because the KAC sights don't stick out very far, for a couple of builds I use the Arisaka because of the flexibility of 3 mounting positions. Actually comes in handy using Troy sights on my BCM SBR.

Any of the SF or Arisaka scout lights are great. I have a few SF 300 and 600 but currently running the Arisaka 300's on my mod 2's to keep it a tiny bit lighter and less bulky. Personally, I only shoot at night probably 5-10% of the time, so don't care too much about the intricacies of throw, flood, spot, candela, etc. :)

Love the Comp M5's. While shooting, don't really notice a difference between it and my T2's but I like the brightness dial and battery type.
" />

" />

Link Posted: 6/28/2019 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#30]
How do you like the Scalarworks mount compared to the KAC?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Haven't had any issues with the KAC mounts. GTG. They look cool, function well, and I do like having all KAC on there :) But, I can't say I'm a fan of the spacers on the KAC. I'd rather see them just sell a solid 1/3 with no spacers. With that being said, Scalarworks are my favorite mounts, no question. The click drive is great, always returns to zero and they look slick.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Duct tape. D cell maglite.
View Quote
Epic, straight gangster.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#33]

I use Arisaka Inline Scout mounts on MLOK handguards. That's what's pictured on my 14.5" Mod 2 above. I've used the KAC offset mounts, too, but I think the inline option is cleaner and it also gives you some horizontal adjustability which is built into the mount. Works good if you need some adjustment for a front sight/DBAL/etc.

These are both Arisaka inline mounts:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363550/20190628_095745_jpg-996701.JPG
View Quote
Never tried PMC Bronze but am partial to UMC. I got 1200 rounds from Target Sport USA (I think?) for $284...so at ~0.23/round I wasn't complaining. I have plenty of ARs and all but for some reason I wanna use a consistent flavor ammo....so WG or IMI it is. Between those two I've never seen a cleaner looking, hot, and consistent quality round.

Thanks for the pics & background info, also my apologies for all the questions. I'm still researching how the SR-15 will be configured and ordering parts. After looking some stuff up though I have to agree with you in that an "inline" mount looks the cleanest. I feel those angled mlok slots are underused let alone the profile is a bit tighter. How much clearance do you have up top? I can't imagine it would be drastically different from an offset mount, perhaps a bit more room?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#34]
Haven't had any issues with the KAC mounts. GTG. They look cool, function well, and I do like having all KAC on there :) But, I can't say I'm a fan of the spacers on the KAC. I'd rather see them just sell a solid 1/3 with no spacers. With that being said, Scalarworks are my favorite mounts, no question. The click drive is great, always returns to zero and they look slick.
View Quote
Yeah for the spacers alone I'm out on that mount, lol. If I go T2, Scalarworks it is. The skeletonized look is legit.

Edit: You sure do love those CompM5s.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#35]
14.5" SR-15 & SR-25

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 6:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#37]
KAC is clearly the master race of the AR world...

And sorry to muck this thread with discussion, here's my contribution even if a bland upper as of now...

Link Posted: 6/28/2019 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#38]
@DetroitSounds afterthought but I couldn't help but notice the bronze look on your 3-prong and micro front sight base. Do tell!
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#39]
@DetroitSounds afterthought but I couldn't help but notice the bronze look on your 3-prong and micro front sight base. Do tell!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#40]

Never tried PMC Bronze but am partial to UMC. I got 1200 rounds from Target Sport USA (I think?) for $284...so at ~0.23/round I wasn't complaining. I have plenty of ARs and all but for some reason I wanna use a consistent flavor ammo....so WG or IMI it is. Between those two I've never seen a cleaner looking, hot, and consistent quality round.

Thanks for the pics & background info, also my apologies for all the questions. I'm still researching how the SR-15 will be configured and ordering parts. After looking some stuff up though I have to agree with you in that an "inline" mount looks the cleanest. I feel those angled mlok slots are underused let alone the profile is a bit tighter. How much clearance do you have up top? I can't imagine it would be drastically different from an offset mount, perhaps a bit more room?
View Quote
There's hardly any room between the base of the front sight and the Scout head. The adjustment built into the Arisaka mounts allows for this and I purposely set it up that way. You can bring it in nice and tight or pull it out some.

View Quote
KAC switched to a non/less toxic surface treatment process for their steel parts. This rusty and/or sometimes bronze color is the result. Sometimes it's absolutely disgusting looking and sometimes it's okay. Just depends on how it turns out. Some people love it, most people hate it.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
I rarely actually LOL to stuff online, but that gif got me. Rich.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

It is a good one. Can always count on vet to post teh funniez.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Savage.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
There's hardly any room between the base of the front sight and the Scout head. The adjustment built into the Arisaka mounts allows for this and I purposely set it up that way. You can bring it in nice and tight or pull it out some.

KAC switched to a non/less toxic surface treatment process for their steel parts. This rusty and/or sometimes bronze color is the result. Sometimes it's absolutely disgusting looking and sometimes it's okay. Just depends on how it turns out. Some people love it, most people hate it.

View All Quotes

Yeah this.

That prong is from my first SR-15 that I sold to sprdcts last year. I have a carbine class tomorrow, figured I'd throw that on instead of the Mams that normally rides on it. The CQB/ Mams is a bit blasty.  I'll run my 14.5 carbine but if the Mams on that gets annoying for crybabies I may bust out the pronged CQB.

Side note- I actually kinda dig the bronzy parts, adds character, but really don't care either way.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Every time I'm about to "Pull the trigger" on an SR-25, I cheap out. Then I'll end up spending $5k anyway on new uppers, optics, parts or whatever. Ugh, 2020 has got to be the year I finally get one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Had some guy whining that my mod 2 cqbr with the 3 prong was too loud and made his pussy hurt.

Put that cqbr in the truck and got my cqbr with surefire socom can on out of the truck....took the can off to shoot...with the surefire muzzle brake.

Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Side note - Pretty much every dude on this page has 100x the Knights experience than I do. Super helpful, knowledgeable group.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Had some guy whining that my mod 2 cqbr with the 3 prong was too loud and made his pussy hurt.

Put that cqbr in the truck and got my cqbr with surefire socom can on out of the truck....took the can off to shoot...with the surefire muzzle brake.

View Quote
That's awesome. I usually just say you're playing the wrong game if this bothers you, but...

At my own range, my normal shooting pal blasts a 10.5 with a Lantac dragon. It's hilarious. Blowing leaves all over the place, my hats flying off. Wtv.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Every time I'm about to "Pull the trigger" on an SR-25, I cheap out. Then I'll end up spending $5k anyway on new uppers, optics, parts or whatever. Ugh, 2020 has got to be the year I finally get one.
View Quote
The SR-25 is definitely worth the price of admission and I think you should add one to the stable. Which class are you fixin’ to attend?

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

The SR-25 is definitely worth the price of admission and I think you should add one to the stable. Which class are you fixin’ to attend?

Cheers
View Quote
I was at Operation parts the other day (he's local), Every time I go there I'm a breath away from telling Charlie "I'll take one". Haha.

It's just a local carbine class here in Michigan through Fortis Group. I've taken 5 or 6 with these guys because it's only an hour away, the instructors are cool and it's a lot of fun with awesome food. I am fixin' to take Steve Fishers critical carbine in September as well.:) Really want to try one of Haley's courses eventually.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top