Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What handstop is that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:

I was at Operation parts the other day (he's local), Every time I go there I'm a breath away from telling Charlie "I'll take one". Haha.

It's just a local carbine class here in Michigan through Fortis Group. I've taken 5 or 6 with these guys because it's only an hour away, the instructors are cool and it's a lot of fun with awesome food. I am fixin' to take Steve Fishers critical carbine in September as well.:) Really want to try one of Haley's courses eventually.
View Quote
Sound awesome, man. I’d be stoked if I had training resources that close. I haven’t attended a class in a few years but I’m gonna get back into it.

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Regency:
What handstop is that?
View Quote
Looks like Arisaka.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:24:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#4]
What handstop is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What handstop is that?
@Regency

Arisaka Fingerstop. I use it between my ring finger and my pinky to pull the gun into my shoulder. Super low profile, lightweight, clean look, inexpensive, and works awesome. Have one on every MLOK rail I own.

https://arisakadefense.com/collections/control-accessories/products/finger-stop-m-lok
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
Had some guy whining that my mod 2 cqbr with the 3 prong was too loud and made his pussy hurt.

Put that cqbr in the truck and got my cqbr with surefire socom can on out of the truck....took the can off to shoot...with the surefire muzzle brake.

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Side note - Pretty much every dude on this page has 100x the Knights experience than I do. Super helpful, knowledgeable group.
View Quote
I've come to realize this although I can't say I understand vets gif lol. We all gotta start somewhere!
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 9:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DetroitSounds] [#7]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Sound awesome, man. I’d be stoked if I had training resources that close. I haven’t attended a class in a few years but I’m gonna get back into it.

Cheers
View Quote
Well, it was 9 hours in a humid, sunny 85 degrees. This particular class ended up being a little too basic, but I always get something out of em. Still a blast. And no whiners about Mams.:) The instructor actually trained with Steve Fisher a few times and highly recommended his critical carbine course, so I'm gonna sign up for it, in September when he's in Michigan.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, it was 9 hours in a humid, sunny 85 degrees. This particular class ended up being a little too basic, but I always get something out of em. Still a blast. And no whiners about Mams.:) The instructor actually trained with Steve Fisher a few times and highly recommended his critical carbine course, so I'm gonna sign up for it, in September when he's in Michigan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Cheers
I need to take a class period.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Every time I'm about to "Pull the trigger" on an SR-25, I cheap out. Then I'll end up spending $5k anyway on new uppers, optics, parts or whatever. Ugh, 2020 has got to be the year I finally get one.
View All Quotes
Every time I'm about to "Pull the trigger" on an SR-25, I cheap out. Then I'll end up spending $5k anyway on new uppers, optics, parts or whatever. Ugh, 2020 has got to be the year I finally get one.
Yes, you do.

Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Yes, you do.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48076262446_917942a74e_h.jpg
View Quote
T H I C C.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
T H I C C.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Yes, you do.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48076262446_917942a74e_h.jpg
T H I C C.
AKA Heavy AF.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]

AKA Heavy AF.
View Quote
What is it, about 14lb with optic and mount?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

AKA Heavy AF.
Bathroom scale says 13.2# as shown plus sling.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
So your arm to leg size ratio is like 10:1 is what you're saying.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Subiescott:

View Quote
Skips leg day so he can double up on arm day
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#17]
So are you considering a smaller optic yet?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:32:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: five7guy] [#18]
Helped a buddy get his mod 2 a little quieter with a QDC CQB this week. I’m excited to hear how this sounds when we take it out for a test run as he awaits the dreaded f4 approval from the NFA gods

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
SR25s are neat

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
She's a beaut Clark!
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my mod 2 today, got it all setup!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/1/2019 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Surprisingly the rifle didn’t burst into flames when I did it.

Here is how I really set it up. Think I’m going to get a Leupold Mark 6 1-6 for this, the razor is an absolute pig.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#23]
Originally Posted By meestermurphy:
Got my mod 2 today, got it all setup!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/79922/D5A50069-C7AC-40E7-834B-2EA56F173B82_jpeg-1001107.JPG

View Quote
@meestermurphy what....the....
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:55:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subiescott] [#24]
@871JZ

So I got the Arisaka inline mount in today and realized the config I'm looking for hit a wall.

I dig the Magpul rail cover panels for grip (and currently have four panels at 3 & 9 o'clock) but found the mount doesn't have the necessary clearance. Curious if you or anyone else on this thread have a hybrid setup of this. And what I mean by that is...

Have you seen anyone utilize the Magpul rail cover panels in conjunction with the inline mount? I may try and take a Dremel to two panels so that the mount will clear. If not, I'll post my results for everyone soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes, indeed they are.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#26]
@871JZ

So I got the Arisaka inline mount in today and realized the config I'm looking for hit a wall.

I dig the Magpul rail cover panels for grip (and currently have four panels at 3 & 9 o'clock) but found the mount doesn't have the necessary clearance. Curious if you or anyone else on this thread have a hybrid setup of this. And what I mean by that is...

Have you seen anyone utilize the Magpul rail cover panels in conjunction with the inline mount? I may try and take a Dremel to two panels so that the mount will clear. If not, I'll post my results for everyone soon enough.
View Quote
@Subiescott

That Dremel is the answer. I don't run rail covers so I don't have this issue, but my first thought was to just modify them to fit as clean as possible. Post pics if you get it to work.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#27]
@871JZ

View Quote
@Subiescott

Yeah man, throw up a pic of what you're talking about. Note my setup.

Link Posted: 7/4/2019 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#28]
This is what I'm talking about, I didn't have time to take a Dremel to it earlier, but maybe later. I'll post up pictures with the finished product when abke. I think it gives me the best of both worlds, access to the panels for grip while also keeping the light tucked out of the way...

Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:27:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#29]
This is what I'm talking about, I didn't have time to take a Dremel to it earlier, but maybe later. I'll post up pictures with the finished product when abke. I think it gives me the best of both worlds, access to the panels for grip while also keeping the light tucked out of the way...

https://i.imgur.com/bfndj0A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WV8usYd.jpg
View Quote
You need to get out there and break that thing in! Still looks unfired! Lol. But, yes, throw a pic up after you make them work together. It doesn't look like there's much material that needs to be removed in order to gain clearance for the mount.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Joined the KAC supreme power group this week. Acquired this mod 2 keymod upper from another member to join a 6920 Colt lower. Fired it on the 4th and was very impressed, even with iron sights. Props to the BCM grips, as well.. work great!

Attachment Attached File

Still deciding on a decent 1-4x24 scope (Accupower or Razor).. Will otherwise get a muzzle device upgrade and S3G trigger makeover this week.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By hiiifiii:
Joined the KAC supreme power group this week. Acquired this mod 2 keymod upper from another member to join a 6920 Colt lower. Fired it on the 4th and was very impressed, even with iron sights. Props to the BCM grips, as well.. work great!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488991/DSC09180_2_JPG-1005403.JPG

Still deciding on a decent 1-4x24 scope (Accupower or Razor).. Will otherwise get a muzzle device upgrade and S3G trigger makeover this week.
View Quote
1-4 steiner

1-6 razor

1-8 atacr

Link Posted: 7/7/2019 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Congrats on it, man. If you're working within a budget, the Steiner P4XI is a great little 1-4 for the money.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#33]

https://i.imgur.com/bfndj0A.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WV8usYd.jpg
View Quote
Ahh, you're running the 45 Mlok spot. Sure man, Dremel the covers or use an offset mount instead.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Congrats! So many decent LPV's out right now. I like the Razor but their PST 1-6 can be had for around $500. With that being said, unless I plan on shooting over 150-200 yards, I keep red dots on all of em. :)
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Airsaka in-line mount is perfect.

Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
Airsaka in-line mount is perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/HZcB1HC.jpg
View Quote
This is my preferred MLOK Scout mount. Lightweight, streamline, and adjustable.

Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Decided on the Accupower 1-4. Really enjoying this rifle - wishing I could find a used MAMS..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:42:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#39]
Decided on the Accupower 1-4. Really enjoying this rifle - wishing I could find a used MAMS..

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/488991/DSC09283_JPG-1047141.JPG
View Quote
@hiiifiii

There's a used MAMS in the EE right now for $200 shipped. The pictures make it look terrible, but I saw some better pics and it's not as bad as it looks. I could have it cleaned up and looking new again in about 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Every 6 months I try another LPVO.... then go back to my Comp M5. Round 3, fight.

" />
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Every 6 months I try another LPVO.... then go back to my Comp M5. Round 3, fight.

https://i.imgur.com/xU7CULh.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/xU7CULh.jpg
View Quote
opposite of me, i always try another red dot on the 11.5" and end up going back to a 1-8 lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#42]

https://i.imgur.com/xU7CULh.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/xU7CULh.jpg
View Quote
Tell me about that 3 prong and those buis.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Did one of your mounts gouge the hell out of your upper or are those witness marks?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By vet14tango10:

Tell me about that 3 prong and those buis.
View Quote
What? That they are orange? :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

Did one of your mounts gouge the hell out of your upper or are those witness marks?
View Quote
If you're talking about under the scope mount, it's just the light hitting it funny in the crappy photo. No gouge there. :)
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#46]
As much as I really wanted to get a KAC suppressor, I went to a Sig event back in December and got this can dirt cheap with a free stamp. I'm hoping when it gets out of jail, the CQB runs well with it. (Jack L. said it should run fine) My LGS let me just put the same can on (without fully installing it), just so I could see how it looked and balanced. If they do e-form 4's online soon, I'll get a KAC and a SF can.

" />
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#47]

What? That they are orange? :)
View Quote
He's just picking on you about the color of the sights and muzzle device. He hates that brown color. Lol

If you're talking about under the scope mount, it's just the light hitting it funny in the crappy photo. No gouge there. :)
View Quote
Gotcha. Couldn't tell what I was seeing in that picture!
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#48]
As much as I really wanted to get a KAC suppressor, I went to a Sig event back in December and got this can dirt cheap with a free stamp. I'm hoping when it gets out of jail, the CQB runs well with it. (Jack L. said it should run fine) My LGS let me just put the same can on (without fully installing it), just so I could see how it looked and balanced. If they do e-form 4's online soon, I'll get a KAC and a SF can.

https://i.imgur.com/iXxWqwn.jpg?1" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/iXxWqwn.jpg?1
View Quote
Sig makes the can? What muzzle device does it attach to?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DetroitSounds] [#49]

He's just picking on you about the color of the sights and muzzle device. He hates that brown color. Lol

Gotcha. Couldn't tell what I was seeing in that picture!
View Quote
Haha. Ya know, I kinda dig it, adds character, but don't really care either way. Funny, I have 4 of those prongs and that one is the most colorful.

Yeah, bad pic.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Sig makes the can? What muzzle device does it attach to?
View Quote
Yeah it's a Sig can. Sig Sauer SRD556 QD. Comes with a 2 port brake. They also have options for a QD FH and single port brake.

" />
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top