User Panel

Site Notices
SR-25 pic part 2 (Page 3 of 118)
Page / 118
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Originally Posted By ATACORION:
That is Chris Costa.......but its not a CQBSS, its the MK6 1x6. ask me how I know

You are correct...sorry for the bad info.  It does not appear to have the "pinch and turn" elevation knob and the occular ring is not knurled.  Didn't know any were out in the wild yet but I guess Costa can get shit before it ever comes onto the market pretty easily.

CMS

Chris has one and I know Kyle Lamb has one aswell, not sure if the General Public can get them yet, but its quite a nice peice of glass, for say a battle rifle, though the BDC is calibrated for the 7.62 round I'm not really a fan of BDC's. but I suppose within 6 hundred yards you'd be alright.
Link Posted: 6/11/2012 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
That is Chris Costa.......but its not a CQBSS, its the MK6 1x6. ask me how I know

You are correct...sorry for the bad info.  It does not appear to have the "pinch and turn" elevation knob and the occular ring is not knurled.  Didn't know any were out in the wild yet but I guess Costa can get shit before it ever comes onto the market pretty easily.

CMS

Chris has one and I know Kyle Lamb has one aswell, not sure if the General Public can get them yet, but its quite a nice peice of glass, for say a battle rifle, though the BDC is calibrated for the 7.62 round I'm not really a fan of BDC's. but I suppose within 6 hundred yards you'd be alright.

Nor am I.  I like the Horus reticle personally, but if you planned on running the EMC like a battle rifle I guess it would be a decent option.  No worse of an option than an Elcan anyways.

CMS

Link Posted: 6/18/2012 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]

I finally got my ECC to the range yesterday. I shot 200 rounds mixed of Q3130, 155 and 168 TAP, fed AE 150gr, and even 4 mags of PRVI 145gr without a hitch. Did some rapid fire drills until she was too hot to hold. Never had a set of off set BUIS before, but man I LOVE these KAC off sets. Very quick, but easier to be more precise than a standard set probably because of the thinner front sight post. Love the KAC trigger, even a little more than my SSA triggers. Threw a T1 on there till I get my Mark 6 1-6, but I didnt shoot for any groups. However when I shot the TAP at 50 and 100 yard she was dead on. The recoil reminded me of my MWS I toyed with in a carbine role with a BABC and T1, but the ECC is a decent bit lighter and seemed to be a touch softer on the recoil. Clean up easy, too. I might move the grip panels around or try some different grip setups until I settle on one I like the best. I hate shooting with gloves, so when rapid firing, the bare part of the rail my panel stops short of covering got too hot to hold tight. Might try an AFG or something.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
http://i47.tinypic.com/6pswsw.jpg

close-ups man
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#10]
20 round group, 100M, bench, bipod, no bags
Federal Gold Medal Match 175g

Link Posted: 6/25/2012 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By new-arguy:
I ran a 762 Heavy squad at our local match today. 2 ECCs and 2 EMCs were there (as well as a Noveske Leonidas and Armalite AR10 carbine). All the guns ran well. The AR10 had a couple small glitches the shooter worked through well and quickly. Aside from this (and my failing to seat a mag ) the guns ran very well all day. Steve was a monster with his ECC. He ran that gun fast and did well.

In other news another 232 rounds through my ECC, 180 rounds of Federal M1A Match, 32 rounds of Federal American Eagle, 20 rounds of PMC. This brings the total to 304 rounds. The only other thing I notice is that it's beginning to get dirty. Not to a point I feel like it needs to be cleaned, but I noticed it.

When are you going to get the pics up Bud?
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
I ran a 762 Heavy squad at our local match today. 2 ECCs and 2 EMCs were there (as well as a Noveske Leonidas and Armalite AR10 carbine). All the guns ran well. The AR10 had a couple small glitches the shooter worked through well and quickly. Aside from this (and my failing to seat a mag ) the guns ran very well all day. Steve was a monster with his ECC. He ran that gun fast and did well.

In other news another 232 rounds through my ECC, 180 rounds of Federal M1A Match, 32 rounds of Federal American Eagle, 20 rounds of PMC. This brings the total to 304 rounds. The only other thing I notice is that it's beginning to get dirty. Not to a point I feel like it needs to be cleaned, but I noticed it.

I dont want to derail this thread any further, however I am local and definately want to get my EMC in on a 762 squad match next go round.
Steve or Jimmy let me know if you need another man in the stack.
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 12:30:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:

I dont want to derail this thread any further, however I am local and definately want to get my EMC in on a 762 squad match next go round.

You already know there's an open invite anytime you want to come Brother. Maybe Neil can get a Mk18 squad together at one the matches too cause i think I remember you saying that you were building one of those to add to your awesome collection..
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#15]

You already know there's an open invite anytime you want to come Brother. Maybe Neil can get a Mk18 squad together at one the matches too cause i think I remember you saying that you were building one of those to add to your awesome collection..

I'll be there!!

Bump for pics:

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#16]
How about some USMC KAC pics to get your day started right!!!

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#17]

I've been shooting mine for at least the last 6 CFDCC matches. There's usually at least two of us doing so - so while not a whole squad, you can always join my wolfpack.....

To even further derail this thread, I will not be at the next match, but as fair warning, I hear the guy taking over for me is a real ball buster, and if you even want a chance to compete you will probably need to use your EMC. Well that and PT.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I posted this in the really old KAC gear thread, but feel like it should be here too.

Zeroing the rifle
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/537647_10150898241399285_1457882576_n.jpg

Short Dot?

Do you feel the 4x top end magnification is a limiter?  

Trying to decide if I want to go with one of the Short Dots, or wait for the 1-6x Mark 6's coming soon from Leupy. . . .
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:38:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: new-arguy] [#19]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KevinB:
The 1-4x Short Dot is a great scope –– I ran one for a while in Afghan and Iraq.  However I feel it really does not have the top end magnification to get the most out of a 7.62NATO gun.   I sold the three I had when I first got hands of the Leupold CQBSS.

The Mk6 1-6 is probably going to be the best selling scope even in Leupold's history, I think it will be a great addition to those who want more than 4x but don't have an operational requirement to fund a 8x.

Plus the weight savings is IMO noticeable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 2:14:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KevinB:
The 1-4x Short Dot is a great scope –– I ran one for a while in Afghan and Iraq.  However I feel it really does not have the top end magnification to get the most out of a 7.62NATO gun.   I sold the three I had when I first got hands of the Leupold CQBSS.

The Mk6 1-6 is probably going to be the best selling scope even in Leupold's history, I think it will be a great addition to those who want more than 4x but don't have an operational requirement to fund a 8x.

Hmm.  Good arguement.  ETA on the Mk6 1-6 is August, right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:07:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SO6] [#24]
There are some really robust heat resistant ceramic coatings developed by Nasa that KAC should look in to for the barrel and rails.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#25]
If you can order through Leupolds LE program, I was just told they should start shipping early/mid July yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By rakkasan1187:
If you can order through Leupolds LE program, I was just told they should start shipping early/mid July yesterday.

I'm just a lowly civvie.  

No LE Discount or preorder for me.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#27]
SR-25 EMC changed up a little bit...

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 7:36:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#28]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:17:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: new-arguy] [#30]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Thats one of the new 90T mounts for the SR-7. No, I don't have a can for it yet.

I was going to say...I don't think they have even started production on the SR-7 yet.  I think they went back to the drawing board with the design.  Still...cool that they're doing a single chamber design like that.  Do you have a 51T dual-chamber brake to compare it to in terms of performance?

CMS
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#34]
CMS- what AAC can are you running? You got a pic of the muzzle w/out the can attached?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#35]
AAC 762SDN6... it sounds impressive for a 16" gas operated rifle...only slightly louder than my 11.5" 5.56 SBR using the same suppressor.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I have the same AAC can I just located one of those unobtainium brakes...And I can not remove the factory flash hider. Is it rocksett or loctited on? its a real bastard.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have any suggestions on removing the factory SR25 flash hider? I would appreciate any insight you guys have. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cdfIII:
Anyone have any suggestions on removing the factory SR25 flash hider? I would appreciate any insight you guys have. Thanks

I posted a reply but it never went through...lets try this again...

You can buy this to hold your barrel secure while you wrench off the flash hider:

WRENCH, BARREL EXTENSION FOR MUZZLE DEVICE (5.56 and 7.62)P/N 30447 MSRP $81.25

Or you can take a 2x4, do a little drilling and cutting...and make this:

Slide it down over your gas block and then pinch the 2x4 in a vice.  This will hold your barrel still without risking damaging your receiver.  Then put a 2x4 over your muzzle and give it a few good wacks to shock it.  Heat will not release Rocksett like it will loc-tite...but it can't stand up to shock.  Place a open end box wrench on the flats and give it a few taps in the "loosen" direction to attempt to shock it loose.  Then give some sturdy gradual pressure on the wrench.  If it does not come loose soak the muzzle in water and repeat 12-24hrs later.  It will come off...don't be afraid to use a little force...because that's what it will take.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cdfIII:

I posted a reply but it never went through...lets try this again...

You can buy this to hold your barrel secure while you wrench off the flash hider:

WRENCH, BARREL EXTENSION FOR MUZZLE DEVICE (5.56 and 7.62)P/N 30447 MSRP $81.25

Or you can take a 2x4, do a little drilling and cutting...and make this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/jig.jpg

Slide it down over your gas block and then pinch the 2x4 in a vice.  This will hold your barrel still without risking damaging your receiver.  Then put a 2x4 over your muzzle and give it a few good wacks to shock it.  Heat will not release Rocksett like it will loc-tite...but it can't stand up to shock.  Place a open end box wrench on the flats and give it a few taps in the "loosen" direction to attempt to shock it loose.  Then give some sturdy gradual pressure on the wrench.  If it does not come loose soak the muzzle in water and repeat 12-24hrs later.  It will come off...don't be afraid to use a little force...because that's what it will take.

Awesome.. I love projects! Thanks a lot cms.. I appreciate your help..and thanks for the drawing and pics!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:21:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#41]
That will work easily for the EMC.  The ECC is a different story since the URX 3.1 extends over the gas block.  If that's the case with you I'd spend the $80 to avoid damaging the rail by accidentally applying rotational force on it.  With the EMC...wrench away but mark your gas block prior just to be sure it does not shift during the procedure.  Best of luck...did you find a Blackout flash hider or a muzzle brake?

ETA:  If you can find a piece of hardwood 2x4 instead of the typical soft yellow pine it will work much better.

CMS
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I wish i had the ECC. I have the muzzle brake. I have a nice chunk of oak that will do nicely. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Damn that looks good!

What time you going out there Kevin? May join ya.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#45]

You weren't kidding when you said you were hitting it with some paint.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks good sir.  

I'm trying to get myself to paint my EC, but I haven't been able to work up the courage to do so yet. . . .
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By toekneeg:

Damn that looks good!

The open house event is from 10-2. Feel free to come a little earlier and help me finish the long range platform though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By EAB:
Originally Posted By toekneeg:

Damn that looks good!

The open house event is from 10-2. Feel free to come a little earlier and help me finish the long range platform though.

Well if you're going I'll def come out now. It'll give me a chance to check zero on the SBR
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be there
See you guys on the 4th
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 118
SR-25 pic part 2 (Page 3 of 118)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top