BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jack_L:

There will be a "P" laser marked on the rear support to indicate that the suppressor has passed testing.
View Quote

@Jack_L Is the P noticeable without having to remove the collar?  Do you have a pic of exactly where it is and what it looks like?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 2:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]

The URX6 upgrade kits will be made available to the commercial market.
View Quote

Complete with barrel nut wrench?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By duckhook02:

@Jack_L Is the P noticeable without having to remove the collar?  Do you have a pic of exactly where it is and what it looks like?
View Quote

It is on the back o the mount, does not require removal of the collar to see.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Embittered:

Complete with barrel nut wrench?
View Quote

Tools will be available, with first priority for our armorer dealers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there an issue of clearance with the 7.62 cans and the SR25 14.5 CC ?  I just got a 14.5CC and the muzzle device looks as close to the rail as my CQBs.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AndysAR15name:
Is there an issue of clearance with the 7.62 cans and the SR25 14.5 CC ?  I just got a 14.5CC and the muzzle device looks as close to the rail as my CQBs.
View Quote

I just received mine yesterday and had the exact same thought when I looked at it.

@Jack_L Any intel on this?
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]

I just received mine yesterday and had the exact same thought when I looked at it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m in the same boat here. Good thing my upper is also already P/W.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

View Quote

Yeah man, whenever i’m on the fence of p/w I remind myself this is the reason I just bite the bullet and SBR my expensive stuff.

I’m hoping it clears the rail, as i’m definitely interested in a 7.62 can, but it is certainly lookin tight.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 7:53:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#9]

Yeah man, whenever i’m on the fence of p/w I remind myself this is the reason I just bite the bullet and SBR my expensive stuff.

I’m hoping it clears the rail, as i’m definitely interested in a 7.62 can, but it is certainly lookin tight.
View All Quotes

I never SBR a 14.5" out of principle if the proper muzzle device can get it to 16". Luckily D. Wilson did the initial P/W job, and as usual it was very clean, so worst case I'll have him undo it. But to your point, let's hope KAC already tested the 7.62 cans with the 14.5" uppers and it won't be an issue (although I have my reservations).
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]

I never SBR a 14.5" out of principle if the proper muzzle device can get it to 16". Luckily D. Wilson did the initial P/W job, and as usual it was very clean, so worst case I'll have him undo it. But to your point, let's hope KAC already tested the 7.62 cans with the 14.5" uppers and it won't be an issue (although I have my reservations).
View All Quotes

I had to triple check the current fit of my 762QDC on the 14.5" SR25 Mod 2. It's closer than I remembered. My guess is if the collars on the new models are indeed a bit longer, there will be an issue.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Out of principle I refuse to P/W anything. On something like a 14.5” upper, I’ll choose to live free. F*CK the NFA!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Out of principle I refuse to P/W anything. On something like a 14.5” upper, I’ll choose to live free. F*CK the NFA!!
View All Quotes

I went back and added emphasis to a select word in my original post as I 100% agree where you're coming from, and also because sometimes #clonelife demands certain choices be made...
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]

I went back and added emphasis to a select word in my original post as I 100% agree where you're coming from, and also because sometimes #clonelife demands certain choices be made...
View Quote

👍
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 4:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndysAR15name] [#14]
So, I just went back a re-read the info provided by Jack in this thread, and watched the shroud install video. I wonder if some of the problem with clearance comes from the raised tabs on the locking collar that are used in conjunction with the shroud. If you look up photos of the 7.62 suppressor, the locking collar doesn’t have the raised tabs like the 5.56 collar does. Wonder if the 7.62 can still use a shroud.

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
So, I just went back a re-read the info provided by Jack in this thread, and watched the shroud install video. I wonder if some of the problem with clearance comes from the raised tabs on the locking collar that are used in conjunction with the shroud. If you look up photos of the 7.62 suppressor, the locking collar doesn’t have the raised tabs like the 5.56 collar does. Wonder if the 7.62 can still use a shroud.

https://i.ibb.co/GHNmNRx/62-B23-CED-DEDB-47-EA-BDEA-1-CCD031-CF194.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/BGnQfKV/99-E576-D4-3281-431-D-A046-05-EF64-EB1318.jpg
View Quote

I saw the same images and just assumed the 7.62 models were prototypes and that actual production models would follow their 5.56 brethren in terms of collar style. I'm sure @Jack_L will chime in and confirm one way or the other.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Here’s a question I don’t think has been asked: will there be clearance issues for the 13.5” URX 3.1 on a 14.5” barrel with the new suppressor?

Ive considered swapping my URX 4 for the 3.1 because it looks so good, but i definitely want to retain compatibility for the new suppressor
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 12:28:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: duckhook02] [#17]

https://i.ibb.co/GHNmNRx/62-B23-CED-DEDB-47-EA-BDEA-1-CCD031-CF194.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/BGnQfKV/99-E576-D4-3281-431-D-A046-05-EF64-EB1318.jpg
View Quote

I think you're onto something there.  I also think there might be a slight bit of add'l length to the locking collar to accommodate the raised tabs...not much, but just enough to cause the issue with clearance on the 11.5" CQB with URX4.

As a reference point, here is a pic of my Delta with the new 7.62 can on it.  This has a MAMS on it...which I think provides even further clearance than a flash hider due to the design of how you screw it down with a wrench. If you look closely at the pic, the locking collar doesn't appear to extend much past the ball detents on the muzzle device.  SO I'm thinking the clearance issue isn't an issue on the 7.62 cans.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#18]
The locking collars of the 5.56 suppressors were lengthened to achieve a minimal gap between the shroud and the handguard.
This was not a needed design change for the 7.62 locking collars.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#19]
The locking collars of the 5.56 suppressors were lengthened to achieve a minimal gap between the shroud and the handguard.
This was not a needed design change for the 7.62 locking collars.
View Quote

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like there shouldn’t be any issues with the 14.5CC then. Gotta go find one now!
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone got their suppressor back after it has passed inspection?  I’m interested to see a pic of how/where they laser engraved the “P” on them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Ive heard a few of the new PRG's blew up and/or had baffle strikes due to some manufacturing issue but it's supposedly fixed.  This is what my distributor is telling me at least, id love to get specifics.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone got their suppressor back after it has passed inspection?  I’m interested to see a pic of how/where they laser engraved the “P” on them.
View Quote

It's engraved opposite of the pin alignment notch from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
Ive heard a few of the new PRG's blew up and/or had baffle strikes due to some manufacturing issue but it's supposedly fixed.  This is what my distributor is telling me at least, id love to get specifics.
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
View Quote

Sounds like your distributor is making assumptions.

Our recall notice stated:
"Knight’s Armament Company has discovered a potential issue with recently released suppressors that may cause damage to the suppressor during use."

I cannot disclose any more than that, as patent pending design features of these new suppressors are KAC IP, but I can say that the issue is far away from "blowing up".
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#25]
So just to be sure I’m understanding this entire 11.5cqb/urx4 issue clearly guys….
 If I have a PRT suppressor that won’t clear due to my urx4….
 Can I just purchase a new (shorter) locking collar and DIY it at home or do I have to obtain an RMA and  send my suppressor in to KAC for this fix?
 Thanks Jack for all your support and info on this thread.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Razorhunter:
So just to be sure I’m understanding this entire 11.5cqb/urx4 issue clearly guys….
 If I have a PRT suppressor that won’t clear due to my urx4….
 Can I just purchase a new (shorter) locking collar and DIY it at home or do I have to obtain an RMA and  send my suppressor in to KAC for this fix?
 Thanks Jack for all your support and info on this thread.
View Quote

My understanding is you can purchase the shorter/legacy collar and DIY.  Jack posted a video in one of the threads here about how you remove the collar.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes thank you and I saw the video. Just needed to confirm I could purchase that collar to avoid an RMA and having to send it in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Razorhunter] [#29]
Originally Posted By PresampleDepot:
If your suppressor falls in the serial range of the first batch you need to send it in. Regardless of the collar/11.5 issue.
View Quote

Yes Sir, understood, and thank you. Based on everything I’ve read, I think I’ll just get the shorter collar and then one day in the future I’ll go with a URX6 as the best solution here.
 I guess my last question is this. Can anyone tell me if I can order the shorter collar currently, as we speak? Thank you guys.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Razorhunter:
 Yes Sir, understood, and thank you. Based on everything I’ve read, I think I’ll just get the shorter collar and then one day in the future I’ll go with a URX6 as the best solution here.
 I guess my last question is this. Can anyone tell me if I can order the shorter collar currently, as we speak? Thank you guys.
View Quote

Not yet, but they should be ready in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#32]
@Jack_L are all PRT/PRG suppressors going forward going to have the "P" laser marked on them to show they passed testing?  Or is that just for the initial batch that had to be sent back in for inspection/repair?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#33]

These should be in and out in less than 10 working days. We are sequencing arrivals to avoid a log-jam.
View Quote

This still accurate?
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#34]
This still accurate?
View Quote

We had a few bumps early on due to a large number coming in at once, but right now we have something around 700 processed since the first arrivals.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#35]
@Jack_L are all PRT/PRG suppressors going forward going to have the "P" laser marked on them to show they passed testing?  Or is that just for the initial batch that had to be sent back in for inspection/repair?
View Quote

The current plan is that all suppressors will get the markings, but that might change in the near future as the marking is intended as a way for customers to be sure that the potentially effected SN range has been verified by us to be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#36]
For anyone interested, a guy I know has received his can back just yesterday and here is the “P” stamp that it’s good to go.
 Possibly this has been posted before, I don’t know, but just in case anyone is interested. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

What?
View Quote
Exactly what he said.

My agency issues KAC SBR's with PRT's. One guy had his can completely blow in half halfway through his mag. Locking collar still on the gun, rest of the suppressor went flying downrange like a rocket. Verified no bore obstruction from counting holes in the target. No damage to barrel. No signs of overpressure. I believe there was another failure but not near as catastrophic. Our agency boxed up every PRT and sent them back to KAC for testing where they remain.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#38]

When these are being sent in for the recall check we are polling to see what's going to be used on an 11.5 Mod 2 with URX4 and they will be given some options.
The fastest solution is to additionally shim the muzzle device for clearance (only .075 is needed), or replace the locking collar, or update to the URX6 (KS-3 configuration).
Replacing the locking collar only requires a small flat-head screwdriver.
Personally, I would replace the URX4 with the URX6, as it permits use of the shroud.
View Quote

Is it possible to use the shroud with a shimmed muzzle device on the URX4?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By atz:

Is it possible to use the shroud with a shimmed muzzle device on the URX4?
View Quote

Shroud will require a URX6 handguard for the 11.5 barrel
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Shroud will require a URX6 handguard for the 11.5 barrel
View Quote

We will be able to purchase the shrouds right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
We will be able to purchase the shrouds right?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes.
View Quote

Are the PRT's repairable? Can at least the end cap be swapped if it gets striked?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:35:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By gopeder111:

Are the PRT's repairable? Can at least the end cap be swapped if it gets striked?
View Quote

Some parts of the new suppressor design can be repaired, but generally speaking, the end cap cannot be replaced. Please bear in mind that these suppressors are designed to be incredibly durable and a removable end-cap would compromise that structure. That said, a minor strike will generally not matter much and can usually be smoothed out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Some parts of the new suppressor design can be repaired, but generally speaking, the end cap cannot be replaced. Please bear in mind that these suppressors are designed to be incredibly durable and a removable end-cap would compromise that structure. That said, a minor strike will generally not matter much and can usually be smoothed out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gopeder111:

So, if the end cap strike is bad enough where it can't be repaired, is Knight's to make the customer whole again by giving them a new suppressor and tax stamp?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerHawk] [#46]
Originally Posted By PresampleDepot:
lol.
View Quote

@PresampleDepot

What’s the laughable part? I think people are generally interested in how KAC might handle repairs with the new generation of 3d printed suppressors, including what limitations there are on repairs.

They have already publicly had a recall affecting this product line, so it’s not too unreasonable to assume it may happen again as end users get more time with the product.

Before someone pays the premium for a KAC suppressor they may want to know how such a situation might be handled if a baffle strike happens due to a manufacture defect.

Sure I can understand if there is user error with the installation that might change how the issue is handled. It still represents a situation users will want to know how it will be handled.

Most people won’t be laughing about their expensive suppressor sitting on a form 4 that won’t be repairable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Baffle and cap strikes are in my opinion the most common failures a user will encounter. How a manufacturer deals with this can make or break the success of the product.

Being a dealer for said product and lol’ing a potential customer inquiring about repair of the most common failure seems helpful.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FastCar:

So, if the end cap strike is bad enough where it can't be repaired, is Knight's to make the customer whole again by giving them a new suppressor and tax stamp?
View Quote

That would have to be evaluated on a case-by case basis. Just way too many variables to give an all-encompassing answer.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top