Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gastone165:
<a href="<a href="https://i.postimg.cc/k6hFGp6j/IMG-7897.jpg" >[url]https://i.postimg.cc/k6hFGp6j/IMG-7897.jpg">https://i.postimg.cc/k6hFGp6j/IMG-7897.jpg">[url=https://postimg.cc/k6hFGp6j]https://i.postimg.cc/k6hFGp6j/IMG-7897.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KRtBhzNp/IMG-7885.jpg
View Quote
Considering this replaces the center section for $150 really shows how expensive for what you get the MOD bridge is.  I have mine here and cost seems crazy to me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I only mocked it up to test it out and realized I don't really like FTC magnifier mounts (when working with night vision).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
How is that working for you?

I only mocked it up to test it out and realized I don't really like FTC magnifier mounts (when working with night vision).
FTC is going to be my first experience, why don't you like it?

I can go LVPO or standalone
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
@DernHumpus

It was mentioned a bunch of pages back, but look into a longer riser. I have the Bobro Engineering Double Decker that is slightly lower, but usable with a G33 on FTC mount.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/283502/1000015514_jpg-3121413.JPG

Edit: Pic added.
View Quote

Thanks Shane. I know there was one with a linear line which I'll find when I have time but yours looks identical IMO. I have a BoBro and so many other risers/mounts that I've lost track. Yours appears as if you're able to see thru everything correctly - thanks for sharing man.

Your magnifier/Optic mirrors how mine is set up as well. Far back.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
FTC is going to be my first experience, why don't you like it?

I can go LVPO or standalone
View Quote

Magnifier is in the way when passive aiming with helmet mounted night vision.

Many have mentioned to remove the magnifier (QD), but I don't like the idea of having to stow something away or possibly losing it. Same with the ADM mount, which I'm waiting for the JV SBR adapter to use a Wilcox FTS mount.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Thanks Shane. I know there was one with a linear line which I'll find when I have time but yours looks identical IMO. I have a BoBro and so many other risers/mounts that I've lost track. Yours appears as if you're able to see thru everything correctly - thanks for sharing man.

Your magnifier/Optic mirrors how mine is set up as well. Far back.
View Quote

Yeah, Double Decker rail gives it just enough room. The eye relief requires the G33 to be mounted far back to use it properly.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought another Unity riser from my local shop and got it all mounted up.  It looks fantastic through my SPR at 2.5x.  The MOD bridge doesn't agree with my helmet mount very much, I ran out of height adjustment.  So off to shop for one of those...  let me know if you have any suggestions.

I think my only complaint so far is the colamination adjustments seem super coarse.  Like 1-2 inches at 50y per unit of change.

Thank you for all the help!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
DernHumpis,
I also use the Mod Armory bridge with a very similar set up, but with a G24. The adjusted height of my G24 is slightly above the midway level. I realize there are variables between helmets, but it may be your Norotos mount. Maybe try borrowing a friends G24 to see if there is a difference. Mod makes great stuff and I use and like their bridge very much, but I’ve found it doesn’t fit every application. They do provide spacers so you can lower it if that’s the direction you need to go. If it needs to move up, that’s a bigger issue. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I received my IRAY RH25 and so far it seems great. However it looks like mine has some sort of corrosion in the battery compartment. Is this normal?

I'm asking because after seeing this I received a replacement from the vendor and the second one also has this same issue. I don't want to keep sending these back and forth if this is a normal artifact of how they are assembled and they all look like this. It's hard to tell but in the first photo what looks like corrosion to me is actually under the battery sticker.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bravo_220:
I received my IRAY RH25 and so far it seems great. However it looks like mine has some sort of corrosion in the battery compartment. Is this normal?

I'm asking because after seeing this I received a replacement from the vendor and the second one also has this same issue. I don't want to keep sending these back and forth if this is a normal artifact of how they are assembled and they all look like this. It's hard to tell but in the first photo what looks like corrosion to me is actually under the battery sticker.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53518858141_4d191e29fd_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53519287125_0d84076cff_b.jpg

View Quote

That's odd. I don't think mine looks like that, but I will check it when I get home. I'm not sure what it would be from. Lithium batteries don't typically leak. Plus it would most likely be a used unit if there was corrosion from that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sbye:

That's odd. I don't think mine looks like that, but I will check it when I get home. I'm not sure what it would be from. Lithium batteries don't typically leak. Plus it would most likely be a used unit if there was corrosion from that.
View Quote

Thanks, appreciate it.

It sort of looks to me like the threaded portion of the battery compartment is brazed in place (the dark brown color is a heat affected zone), and maybe there was some leftover flux in that joint that then corroded over time (the white stuff).  Just guessing...

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:08:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#11]

Thanks, appreciate it.

It sort of looks to me like the threaded portion of the battery compartment is brazed in place (the dark brown color is a heat affected zone), and maybe there was some leftover flux in that joint that then corroded over time (the white stuff).  Just guessing...

View Quote

I would consider that a blem model.

I’ve had 4 new RH25s and none showed anything like that in the battery compartment. That would be a detractor for resale if you ever go to sell it. Perception is everything, and regardless of what you tell people they will think a battery might have leaked in there.

While I don’t want to blow it out of proportion, I would tell the vendor that and I’m sure they’ll replace it for you. Otherwise I would look to get a discount/partial refund. I would want about $500 for receiving a blemmed unit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The fact that they sent you another replacement with the same issue indicates they recieved a bad batch and are trying to pass them off to people who won’t complain about them. Or they just aren’t checking them. Either way, it’s no good
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By French1966:

I would consider that a blem model.

I’ve had 4 new RH25s and none showed anything like that in the battery compartment. That would be a detractor for resale if you ever go to sell it. Perception is everything, and regardless of what you tell people they will think a battery might have leaked in there.

While I don’t want to blow it out of proportion, I would tell the vendor that and I’m sure they’ll replace it for you. Otherwise I would look to get a discount/partial refund. I would want about $500 for receiving a blemmed unit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/IMG_9983_jpeg-3123336.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/IMG_9982_jpeg-3123337.JPG

The fact that they sent you another replacement with the same issue indicates they recieved a bad batch and are trying to pass them off to people who won’t complain about them. Or they just aren’t checking them. Either way, it’s no good
View Quote

Thank you for the info and the great photo! The vendor is being great and they are absolutely willing to take the second one back. It's just when the second one arrived with the same issue (but not quite as severe) I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting everybody's time/money shipping these things back and forth if this was some commonly known thing. Based on the replies here it's clearly not normal, so this one will go back too.

Picture of unit 2:

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Walrus] [#13]

Thank you for the info and the great photo! The vendor is being great and they are absolutely willing to take the second one back. It's just when the second one arrived with the same issue (but not quite as severe) I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting everybody's time/money shipping these things back and forth if this was some commonly known thing. Based on the replies here it's clearly not normal, so this one will go back too.

Picture of unit 2:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53519642910_9490614dc0_c.jpg
View Quote

Hey man, new here from reddit (French's posts over there in r/nightvision made me decide to jump on over), and also recently just got an RH25 within the week from Custom Nightvision.

Mine has the same issue as your first unit, but not as bad, yet its not as clean as your 2nd unit. I cleaned it (the white crusty stuff) up with a clean room swab and some rubbing alcohol.

I reached out to Iray USA today and I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

I also reached out to Benny at Custom Night Vision and sent him pics of mine and he texted his rep to get an answer. It does look like this latest batch has that portion of the battery compartment brazed on that way, but I'll follow up with what Iray or Benny at CNV says.

Do you mind if I ask what vendor you got yours from?

I'll get some better pics of my unit later today when I get home.

ETA: what is the serial number of your unit? Mine is MK58xx
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks, appreciate it.

View Quote

None of that on mine. That looks rough.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Just looked at mine, perfectly smooth, clean, and no discoloration.

Got mine back in Nov 2023 from JRH.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Walrus] [#16]
Got an email back from Iray USA. I sent them pics of my battery compartment and I guess this is just how the new ones are now.

Acceptable or not acceptable? Kinda sucks for a $5K thermal, however it doesn't bother me if Iray USA says I'm g2g.

Can't wait to shoot with the thermal!

ETA: email from them below.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe mine is a 2021 or 2022 unit. No issues here.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:06:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_220] [#18]
Thanks everyone who posted pictures. I received the same "It's normal" response from the IRAY rep that my dealer is talking to.

Since it's just the newer units it looks to me that IRAY did something to change their process that is resulting in this corrosion. My serial number is in the 56XX range.

I wouldn't have kept my first one, but since my second one isn't really that bad it's not a deal breaker for me, everything else seems to be working and finished fine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks everyone who posted pictures. I received the same "It's normal" response from the IRAY rep that my dealer is talking to.

Since it's just the newer units it looks to me that IRAY did something to change their process that is resulting in this corrosion. My serial number is in the 56XX range.

I wouldn't have kept my first one, but since my second one isn't really that bad it's not a deal breaker for me, everything else seems to be working and finished fine.
View Quote

Yeah it's almost as if they're attaching the threaded portion separately now.

Pics of mine-

https://imgur.com/a/Ed8l2ZK

I'm just glad it's normal, albeit ugly as heck lol.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#20]
Originally Posted By The_Walrus:

Yeah it's almost as if they're attaching the threaded portion separately now.

Pics of mine-

https://imgur.com/a/Ed8l2ZK

I'm just glad it's normal, albeit ugly as heck lol.
View Quote

If they were going to change their process they should have gotten rid of the fine threads on the battery compartment. I hate their battery compartments. The MH25 felt like it was ready to strip every time I changed the battery
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By French1966:

If they were going to change their process they should have gotten rid of the fine threads on the battery compartment. I hate their battery compartments. The MH25 felt like it was ready to strip every time I changed the battery
View Quote

For sure! I wish they'd have updated to more coarse threads on these. The threads on my Katana duals are great!

I'm just glad my $5K thermal isn't defective lol. I'm really enjoying it so far just playing with it. I absolutely cannot wait to get it zeroed!
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]
This is how I received my first RH25. It was nicked up fairly bad. The box was sealed plastic shrink wrap so it hadn’t been opened.
The dealer was great and shipped me a new one immediately along with a return postal slip for the first one.

The second one arrived with similar but less severe paint damage. It appears that the mum rail attachment was floating around unwrapped and did the damage. Sending this one back for cosmetic issues is more trouble than it’s worth.

They’re probably selling them so fast quality control can’t keep up.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Walrus] [#23]

This is how I received my first RH25. It was nicked up fairly bad. The box was sealed plastic shrink wrap so it hadn’t been opened.
The dealer was great and shipped me a new one immediately along with a return postal slip for the first one.

The second one arrived with similar but less severe paint damage. It appears that the mum rail attachment was floating around unwrapped and did the damage. Sending this one back for cosmetic issues is more trouble than it’s worth.

They’re probably selling them so fast quality control can’t keep up.

https://i.postimg.cc/vgWhs3VB/IMG-4277.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/D8f9xb9s/IMG-4274.jpg
View Quote

Wow that is unacceptable!

What dealer if you don't mind me asking? It's good to have this info for future reference.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Wow that is unacceptable!

What dealer if you don't mind me asking? It's good to have this info for future reference.
View Quote

As I mentioned, the dealer was great.
DarkNightOutdoors
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:39:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Walrus] [#25]

As I mentioned, the dealer was great.
DarkNightOutdoors
View Quote

That's awesome! Glad to know they got amazing CS!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:47:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_220] [#26]
After seeing some of the pictures of the "clean" ones on here I took a closer look at mine. I no longer think that the threaded portion of the battery compartment is attached by something like brazing.

Instead it looks like the black cylinder-shaped sleeve inside the battery compartment might be epoxied in place. So it's possible the corrosion and residue we are seeing is actually spillover from that process. Maybe IRAY starting using a different epoxy, maybe it just wasn't cleaned off of that area properly. Who knows for sure, we'll just have to keep guessing about what exactly is the cause until somebody can get a detailed answer from IRAY...
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:02:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#27]
To throw another hat in the ‘that ain’t right’ ring, my PF640 battery compartment looks nothing like that. Just had it out a couple hours ago and made sure to look in the battery compartment when loading it up after seeing your post.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I had the same issue w/ the battery compartment. Looked like that new out of the box. It also had something rattling around inside the housing.

I sent it back for RMA within 30 minutes of getting it. The tech stated that they "cleaned battery housing and tested the unit to make sure no overheating happens again". So my new unit was overheated?

They also "replaced screws and added loctite".

I asked iRay why a new unit would have thermal damage and loose screws and if they are packaging refurbs as new and they stated it was a brand new unit. Sort of a damned if do say, damned if you don't say moment.

Not too pleased with the issue/quality out of the box but I have it back now and it's working fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DernHumpus] [#29]
If you were going to use this on two rifles for clip on, and the rails had a significant difference in fit, would you just buy another ADM mount, one for each rifle?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:32:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#30]
If you were going to use this on two rifles for clip on, and the rails had a significant difference in fit, would you just buy another ADM mount, one for each rifle?
View Quote

I’ve been trying to get out to test this. I’m just gonna put a few different color marks (one for each rifle) on the mount’s 8-sided nut.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

ADM Mounts are easy to adjust by hand.  So having just one should work fine.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

ADM Mounts are easy to adjust by hand.  So having just one should work fine.

View Quote
Right, but trust it retaining zero?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I have 2 PFalcons here. One that I just received and opened today. The battery compartments on both are clean.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#34]
Right, but trust it retaining zero?
View Quote

The thermal will need to be re collimated for each optic.

If you find that you don’t need to re collimate between a couple rifles with similar optic setups then you would be considered lucky. Otherwise expect each rifle to have different X & Y screen adjustments (which are easy to write down or keep in the notes on your phone). Just like you can’t expect to move day optics around to different rifles and have it remain zeroed.

As far as using one ADM mount, you could get away with it for sure, just not ideal. They’ll retain zero if you mount and remount them correctly.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#35]
Frenchie. This I need to digest. That "C" word is absolutely brutal.
You're the only one I trust with these objections.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#36]
IrayUSA is twisting nipples here. I've seen fresh Pfalcon640 leave China to receiving ends, battery compartment looking very clean.

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ar15Niel:
IrayUSA is twisting nipples here. I've seen fresh Pfalcon640 leave China to receiving ends, battery compartment looking very clean.

View Quote

I believe this is a very recent manufacturing change. Possibly within the last month or two.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#38]

I believe this is a very recent manufacturing change. Possibly within the last month or two.
View Quote

And someone I know just got a fresh batch of Pfalcon640 this week. Looks brand spanking new battery housing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZULUKILO] [#39]
I don't think it is a new manufacturing change. I think it is an issue with a specific batch. This is from the PFalcon that I just received and opened yesterday. I don't know how much more recent you can get.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ar15Niel:

And someone I know just got a fresh batch of Pfalcon640 this week. Looks brand spanking new battery housing.
View Quote

Not sure then. Iray USA has said its due to the manufacturing process. I've talked to two separate individuals at Iray USA that say it's fine. It's definitely ugly tho.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: javemtr] [#41]
Some photos of the newest anodized prototypes. Functionally these are perfect, everything fits as it should. But machining marks are still visible through the anodizing, next time we have to sand blast them to get rid of the marks and give the part a duller surface finish.

The integrated lanyard feature:

Alignment with an Aimpoint T-2 on a 1.54"/39 mm Reptilia mount.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By javemtr:
Some photos of the newest anodized prototypes. Functionally these are perfect, everything fits as it should. But machining marks are still visible through the anodizing, next time we have to sand blast them to get rid of the marks and give the part a duller surface finish.
https://i.imgur.com/VolwswP.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/uymM607.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/W0XU7wF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/G01jBh3.jpeg
View Quote
@javemtr
Looking good man!
Can you link your website again?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#44]
https://jv-innovations.com/
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#45]
https://i.imgur.com/VolwswP.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/uymM607.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/W0XU7wF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/G01jBh3.jpeg
View Quote

These are looking great. Do you have an updated timeline on when you expect them to release?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Not sure then. Iray USA has said its due to the manufacturing process. I've talked to two separate individuals at Iray USA that say it's fine. It's definitely ugly tho.
View Quote

IrayUSA doesn't want the hassle of sending it back to infiray.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:40:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ZULUKILO:
These are looking great. Do you have an updated timeline on when you expect them to release?
View Quote

Thanks! I just need to get the surface finish issues handled with my anodizing vendor and also plan things with my accountant, but by the end of the month I should have all infos like price and timeline and will open up a pre-order.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Thanks! I just need to get the surface finish issues handled with my anodizing vendor and also plan things with my accountant, but by the end of the month I should have all infos like price and timeline and will open up a pre-order.
View All Quotes

Hell, I don't care about machine marks. I'll take one
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Exactly what I was thinking. In for one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

My friend. You're undoubtedly about to receive numerous requests for these innovative items that will definitely move the NV/Thermal needle and tip the scales! You know I've never out myself atop your list and will for sure purchase one from you whenever they're ready.

Vielen Dank für das, was Sie so viel Arbeit investiert und uns mitgeteilt haben, und für das, was Sie in dieser Community freisetzen werden!
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top