Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:05:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
I found absolutely zero alignment with any EXPS3 whatsoever!
View Quote

¿Qué?

Its not perfectly centered but I can see the entire RH25 screen unobstructed through my EXPS with the MQD Pictail mount…

Problem is that it’s like an abysmal 3 degree field of view with the RH25 mounted 10+ inches in front of your face.  I don’t know if a magnifier changes this because I’ve never owned one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#2]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

¿Qué?

Its not perfectly centered but I can see the entire RH25 screen unobstructed through my EXPS with the MQD Pictail mount…

Problem is that it’s like an abysmal 3 degree field of view with the RH25 mounted 10+ inches in front of your face.  I don’t know if a magnifier changes this because I’ve never owned one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/A3B64201-1AFE-4B74-869D-3F657E802A45_jpe-2468310.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/D0B73992-EF59-4A38-8338-15C8BF17C707_jpe-2468311.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I found absolutely zero alignment with any EXPS3 whatsoever!

¿Qué?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/A3B64201-1AFE-4B74-869D-3F657E802A45_jpe-2468310.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/D0B73992-EF59-4A38-8338-15C8BF17C707_jpe-2468311.JPG

I’ve seen a few people bring up the issue of having the clip on in front of a red dot and how tiny the screen is, but always thought it was implied/a given that you would be using a magnifier. I don’t think anyone is going in to this setup thinking they are going to run it without a magnifier.

That said, with a T2 style optic that allows the RH25 to be placed very close in front, it’s actually far more usable than I first imagined. I took mine out last night and was able to scan around pretty easily (with my magnifier flipped out of the way).

My previously posted picture of what it looks like with my T2 & 3x magnifier @Millennial:

Attachment Attached File

It’s basically just like using a prism optic or LPVO (although I’m guessing those would be better than a magnifier for this purpose). I’m starting to think 1x on a LPVO would be awesome with one if these for FOV, and then adjust magnification as needed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:39:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#3]
badger 1.54" mount works well.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if ADM will ever offer a taller mount option or spacer for their current mount. I have giraffe neck optic mounts on most of my rifles currently and would love to get this in a 1.93 height QD mount for mounting in front of my LPVO's.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#5]
Gents.....

Does this sucker prove productive toward a dual setup?

Is it able to attach (correctly) to the RH25?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#6]
Gents.....

Does this sucker prove productive toward a dual setup?

Is it able to attach (correctly) to the RH25?
View Quote

Not the lightweight version, but the dual dovetail version would work

Attachment Attached File

Example with it bridging the Nox18

Attachment Attached File

These are excellent bridges by the way. The articulating joints are rock solid and can be adjusted very tight if need be. This is one mount with ZERO slop in it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:29:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#7]
Originally Posted By French1966:
ot the lightweight version, but the dual dovetail version would work
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/D81E1BEF-5B4D-4958-8AA0-A3E7E52909CD_jpe-2471202.JPG
Example with it bridging the Nox18
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/01E1FBAE-F92B-41F6-AC5E-38E2E94FFD4E_jpe-2471205.JPG

These are excellent bridges by the way. The articulating joints are rock solid and can be adjusted very tight if need be. This is one mount with ZERO slop in it.
View Quote

Is this something you now own for your RH? Send me a link via any means. Our Reddit works like texts. Haven't really played with them as much as I should. Have alot going on that puts these on back burner despite my desire to  attend a NV Course. Scott Dunham has agreed to fly out for a class of 6 that I'd have to find and coordinate.

I realize I'll never get them to sit as close and well adjusted like my DTNVS. Curious if anyone has gotten theirs that good?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Is anyone experiencing squelch and click noise when connected to their RH25 with infirayoutdoor ap?

None of that appears when Im connected to my Iray bolt, Rico MK1 or Super yoter35. It follows when the RH is connected to either of my phones using the Infirayoutdoors ap and it's driving me nuts. I was 10 yards away from some hogs and closing a couple nights ago and it kept me from getting close enough to count coup them. I had to shoot them instead.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rogue556:
I wonder if ADM will ever offer a taller mount option or spacer for their current mount. I have giraffe neck optic mounts on most of my rifles currently and would love to get this in a 1.93 height QD mount for mounting in front of my LPVO's.
View Quote
The included machine gun mount puts it at 1.93 as several posters have demonstrated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dzhitshard] [#10]
[youtube]lsVjiEtmxucDELETEOLDEDIT

Modern Solutions for Modern Problems #talaria sting #ebike #thermalhunt

The audio glitches can be heard within the first minute of this video.

[post edit replaced link to corrected video]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dzhitshard:
Is anyone experiencing squelch and click noise when connected to their RH25 with infirayoutdoor ap?
View Quote

The unit is probably having problems reconnecting to the Chinese satellites to relay your coordinates to Xi Jinping.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:57:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know if it’s possible to make this compatible with a Wilcox fts mount? I saw nick Chen tried it in the tfb article and mentioned it may be possible with some modification to the pictail but I’m wondering if anyone has actually tried doing those mods.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:53:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#13]
Originally Posted By racastaneda:
Does anyone know if it’s possible to make this compatible with a Wilcox fts mount? I saw nick Chen tried it in the tfb article and mentioned it may be possible with some modification to the pictail but I’m wondering if anyone has actually tried doing those mods.
View Quote

The Pictail is actually a pretty solid piece that has several functions. It snapped & locked right into all my true Wilcox parts, and just one Fake Wilcox one.

Back in Post #18 I show how I had to use a Dremel to very lightly file each side for it to snap into that one side of the fake bridge.

My assumption is that it'll snap right into the FTS mount - though it looks a tad different than others in Wilcox family.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:32:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#14]
The rail needs to be milled, from a great review on another sight

I think the solution for rqe bridge will be another dovetail, moved back  where the pic rail part is, so the unit flushed out with a pvs-14, and the fts works.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:46:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#15]
Originally Posted By jt526:
I think the solution for rqe bridge will be another dovetail, moved back  where the pic rail part is, so the unit flushed out with a pvs-14, and the fts works.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158773/5A2D98E4-65C6-4000-8B82-70FAB74343A4-2473881.png
View Quote
BOOM! There ya go! Good stuff. Yeah that shape sure doesn't look like a normal dovetail (Pictail either) Speaking of milling, that Dremel I used (Post 18) was easily able to shave the pictail.
Damn iRay Pictails are priced like Wilcox gear! Found one under $100 as a spare though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

The unit is probably having problems reconnecting to the Chinese satellites to relay your coordinates to Xi Jinping.
View All Quotes

🤣 he’s got me deets from my phones.

It’s probably just someone trying to hack into it and figure out how I’m using it bridged over the left eye when they keep reading  on ARF again, and again, that it can’t be done
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#17]

It’s probably just someone trying to hack into it and figure out how I’m using it bridged over the left eye when they keep reading  on ARF again, and again, that it can’t be done
View Quote

Forrealtho, what's the benefit of being connected to the app in the field?  Are you just trying to get audio for your video?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Forrealtho, what's the benefit of being connected to the app in the field?  Are you just trying to get audio for your video?
View All Quotes

Yes, mainly just for the audio.

I put some hook velcro on the back of my phone and just slap it to my helmet loop sort of like your old dvr setup.

It normally isn't a thing for me but occasionally, like that clip, I'll record something for someone else's benefit. For that I would like to provide clean audio.

It is nice to record with the ap, download the clip real quick and text it to someone. A couple times Ive done that and got a gate code texted back quick and an invite to keep killin. I've never been much interested in recording to make hunting videos but for prime access . . .

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#19]
BOOM! There ya go! Good stuff. Yeah that shape sure doesn't look like a normal dovetail (Pictail either) Speaking of milling, that Dremel I used (Post 18) was easily able to shave the pictail.
Damn iRay Pictails are priced like Wilcox gear! Found one under $100 as a spare though.
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158773/5A2D98E4-65C6-4000-8B82-70FAB74343A4-2473881.png

Quality machined mounts are going to be quality mount money.

That's why I'd probably would have removed the material from the cheap copy bridge interface that the pictail didn't fit into properly when the pictail fit everything else I had.[light bulb]
I'm not rocket scientist so I may have missed a factor in that decision, but I doubt I'd recommend the remedy you chose.
$100 spare pictail when a set of $8 tapered dremel bits could have fixed the counterfeit bridge's dovetail interface.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#20]

I put some hook velcro on the back of my phone and just slap it to my helmet loop sort of like your old dvr setup.

It normally isn't a thing for me but occasionally, like that clip, I'll record something for someone else's benefit. For that I would like to provide clean audio.

It is nice to record with the ap, download the clip real quick and text it to someone. A couple times Ive done that and got a gate code texted back quick and an invite to keep killin. I've never been much interested in recording to make hunting videos but for prime access . . .

View Quote

Ok well if you need audio immediately in the field, then my idea isn't worth much, but I use the voice memos app on my iPhone for pretty good audio (and no distracting squelches).  To time the clips properly, as soon as I start audio recording, I point the thermal at something and provide a quick voiceover of what is being recorded.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
The included machine gun mount puts it at 1.93 as several posters have demonstrated.
View Quote

“Machinegun Mount”…

Are we not supposed to use the pictail mount with full auto?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:40:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#22]
Quality machined mounts are going to be quality mount money.
That's why I'd probably would have removed the material from the cheap copy bridge interface that the pictail didn't fit into properly when the pictail fit everything else I had.[light bulb]
I'm not rocket scientist so I may have missed a factor in that decision, but I doubt I'd recommend the remedy you chose.
$100 spare pictail when a set of $8 tapered dremel bits could have fixed the counterfeit bridge's dovetail interface.
View Quote

Rocket Scientist you're not. Your point is duly noted. The reason that method was not mentioned is due to my initial review, the tolerances there are wicked tight, for my status to address.  

EDIT: I'm usually not like that.............. Apologies
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#23]
“Machinegun Mount”…
Are we not supposed to use the pictail mount with full auto?
View Quote

Both of us are, right????
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:43:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#24]
es, mainly just for the audio.
View Quote
This is exactly the type of shit I wish I could do! Novel - must the App be open while doing so?
Look forward to seeing more from you. Can I send you some tracers to see a night video of the FPF?
Forget it. I'll have too many questions to ask and hijack my own thread!
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Ok well if you need audio immediately in the field, then my idea isn't worth much, but I use the voice memos app on my iPhone for pretty good audio (and no distracting squelches).  To time the clips properly, as soon as I start audio recording, I point the thermal at something and provide a quick voiceover of what is being recorded.
View All Quotes

I'm doing that with my old iPod touch since infirayOutdoors killed device support off with the ap updates 2 versions ago. I'm editing on my phone for now and it's a bit cumbersome for this caveman.

It appears that my audio fits are likely related to having wifi going on multiple devices at the same time. It looks like the Bolt and RH may be squabbling over the connection. When I "forgot" the wifi network for the Bolt on my phone I'm not getting the noise on test runs. That could be coincidence
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Last night I rode the bike for 14miles using the RH in bridge configuration with the -14.

After 30 more hours I'm touching base with updates on 2 of the chief complaints Ive had with RH in bridged configuration.

1, The clicking and static squelch noises I provided in the video.

I made several recordings 20min+ the past couple nights and had no further experience of this phenomena after deleting multiple IrayUSA networks on my phone. I normally have 2 to 3 IrayUSA optics with me and all of them are transmitting wifi signal. Optimally I would only have 1 optic at a time with wifi enabled but sometimes the shooting comes quick and I don't want to be scrolling through menus when there is work to worry about.

2, the hurdle of the extra offset on the RH when dovetailed into a bridge with a -14.

I was finally able to get excellent view through both optics.

The solution was bringing the bridge position back to close the gap between the eyeball and RH diopter lens. The sacrifice for finally getting the image at the eyeball to match the phenomenal recorded image was a small cut on my right eyebrow from the -14 eyecup retaining ring hitting it as I bounced through some unexpected rough terrain at too quick of a pace.

Is it optimal? No
Will I continue to do it? Most likely I will until something else gets put together.
Will it be a problem for most users? I don't expect it would be an especially dangerous decision for mainly static use or primarily traveling at normal speeds on improved surface roads.
Would I sacrifice virgins to get someone to make a dedicated dovetail & eliminate the offset when bridged? I won't comment yes or no, but I will say ya'll better keep track of your kids if the Sky Gods come offering up favors for sacrifices again.

Go use it. It's good. Very Good.

PS, It works as a clip on. On the other hand clip ons are the banana hammock of the night vision world.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Perhaps I need to come see you w my gear and mirror your setup?

Good stuff my man. Impressive.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dzhitshard: from the -14 eyecup retaining ring hitting it as I bounced through some unexpected rough terrain at too quick of a pace.

View Quote

You can screw the ring off if you really need a few extra millimeters.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#29]

The solution was bringing the bridge position back to close the gap between the eyeball and RH diopter lens. The sacrifice for finally getting the image at the eyeball to match the phenomenal recorded image was a small cut on my right eyebrow from the -14 eyecup retaining ring hitting it as I bounced through some unexpected rough terrain at too quick of a pace.

Is it optimal? No
Will I continue to do it? Most likely I will until something else gets put together.
Will it be a problem for most users? I don't expect it would be an especially dangerous decision for mainly static use or primarily traveling at normal speeds on improved surface roads.
Would I sacrifice virgins to get someone to make a dedicated dovetail & eliminate the offset when bridged? I won't comment yes or no, but I will say ya'll better keep track of your kids if the Sky Gods come offering up favors for sacrifices again.
View Quote

Not sure I'm completely following your narrative.  Are you trying to close this gap?  Is that the "offset" of which you speak?

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Not sure I'm completely following your narrative.  Are you trying to close this gap?  Is that the "offset" of which you speak?

https://i.imgur.com/Ywn1Zpp.jpg
View All Quotes

Is it optimal? No

https://i.imgur.com/Ywn1Zpp.jpg

yes.

A dove tail mount that moves that back on plane with the -14 diopter in a bridged configuration would be mana from the gods.

I was leaning towards moving it on down the road until I ran it as a standalone on a couple of my other mounts. When I did that I appreciated how much closer the image at the eye actually appears to the recordings.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#31]

yes.

A dove tail mount that moves that back on plane with the -14 diopter in a bridged configuration would be mana from the gods.

I was leaning towards moving it on down the road until I ran it as a standalone on a couple of my other mounts. When I did that I appreciated how much closer the image at the eye actually appears to the recordings.
View Quote

Surely one of us has access to a 3D printer sufficient to accomplish at least a test piece.

I can phone a friend, but we're both so busy that it will be a while.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:18:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#32]
@French1966
@dzhitshard

So *does* the Modarmory IC D-14 Dual Dovetail Bridge (with aPVS14 dovetail arm) allow for left-eye RH25 and right eye PVS14?  I know the image probably won’t combine well… but can get the devices over both eyes simultaneously?  As mentioned, the Wilcox bridge does not.

How does the IC D14 ruggedness compare to the TNVC NPBM?  The NPBM I’m using now is rock solid with the screw & ring mount and I love it for dual -14s … but it’s dual-14s-only versus the D14 that can also QD the RH25.   If I want to look through my RH25 with the NPBM I have to roll up an eye and hold the RH25 to my eye or roll up my shooting eye and scan with the rifle/thermal.

Also, I have a theory that the Wilcox bridge could probably mount a RH25 on the left eye if a Modarmory PVS14 dovetail arm was on the right eye… it seems behaves like a  KVC OSS.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#33]
@French1966
@dzhitshard

So *does* the Modarmory IC D-14 Dual Dovetail Bridge (with aPVS14 dovetail arm) allow for left-eye RH25 and right eye PVS14?  I know the image probably won’t combine well… but can get the devices over both eyes simultaneously?  As mentioned, the Wilcox bridge does not.

How does the IC D14 ruggedness compare to the TNVC NPBM?  The NPBM I’m using now is rock solid with the screw & ring mount and I love it for dual -14s … but it’s dual-14s-only versus the D14 that can also QD the RH25.   If I want to look through my RH25 with the NPBM I have to roll up an eye and hold the RH25 to my eye or roll up my shooting eye and scan with the rifle/thermal.

Also, I have a theory that the Wilcox bridge could probably mount a RH25 on the left eye if a Modarmory PVS14 dovetail arm was on the right eye… it seems behaves like a  KVC OSS.
View Quote

I have no experience with the Modarmory IC D-14 Dual Dovetail Bridge, and my comment about it was just highlighting it as an option that I know these units will connect to. As far as how well they will work simultaneously (and configured over your preferred eye) I have no idea. I’ve owned their lightweight bridge and can say they are very high quality overall.

I’ve bridged thermal and night vision before (pvs14 + MH25) using the best possible means with the correct physical adjustments, and I was stopped from getting a usable image by the collimation being way off. It takes luck or margin adjustment software to mesh the images if the collimation of your thermal doesn’t match the 14. People have a hard time understanding this because they overlook the differences of a straight pass through system of a 14 versus the digital screen of thermal.
    I think that the RH25 could be used in clip on mode while helmet mounted and allow the user to adjust the margins to help collimate the image. So it is a potentially worthwhile endeavor for anyone wanting to try.

That said, I am not hung up on the idea of running the RH25 and PVS14 simultaneously. I ordered two Chinese Wilcox bridges for $130 each, and plan on splitting them in half and using them as articulating J arms for the individual units. And whenever I want to bridge them I’ll just connect them and use them in the bridge one at a time (14 for navigating, thermal for hands free spotting). If I end up being able to look through both at the same time with a usable image, it’ll just be a bonus. But again, I don’t care about using both simultaneously. I would get a Coti if I wanted real fusion.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I can’t get the images to fuse even hand-holding both units.  It’s definitely a viewfinder offset thing.

Of course I wouldn’t want to set my X/Y offset for helmet collimating because then if I clip it on the gun it will throw the zero way off.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#35]
I have no experience with the Modarmory IC D-14 Dual Dovetail Bridge, and my comment about it was just highlighting it as an option that I know these units will connect to. As far as how well they will work simultaneously (and configured over your preferred eye) I have no idea. I’ve owned their lightweight bridge and can say they are very high quality overall.
I’ve bridged thermal and night vision before (pvs14 + MH25) using the best possible means with the correct physical adjustments, and I was stopped from getting a usable image by the collimation being way off. It takes luck or margin adjustment software to mesh the images if the collimation of your thermal doesn’t match the 14. People have a hard time understanding this because they overlook the differences of a straight pass through system of a 14 versus the digital screen of thermal.
    I think that the RH25 could be used in clip on mode while helmet mounted and allow the user to adjust the margins to help collimate the image. So it is a potentially worthwhile endeavor for anyone wanting to try.
That said, I am not hung up on the idea of running the RH25 and PVS14 simultaneously. I ordered two Chinese Wilcox bridges for $130 each, and plan on splitting them in half and using them as articulating J arms for the individual units. And whenever I want to bridge them I’ll just connect them and use them in the bridge one at a time (14 for navigating, thermal for hands free spotting). If I end up being able to look through both at the same time with a usable image, it’ll just be a bonus. But again, I don’t care about using both simultaneously. I would get a Coti if I wanted real fusion.
View Quote

As previously stated, your value, experience and contribution are highly respected Frenchie. Between you and Mr. Millennial I'd be lost. Thanks to ya both, and those positively contributing!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#36]
Yeah, I can’t get the images to fuse even hand-holding both units.  It’s definitely a viewfinder offset thing.

Of course I wouldn’t want to set my X/Y offset for helmet collimating because then if I clip it on the gun it will throw the zero way off.
View Quote

Yes, an excellent point about the margin adjustment throwing off clip-on zero. It would be suitable however (I think) for someone wanting to go from helmet to stand-alone (not using the clip on feature).

Another option would be to write down or memorize your X/Y margin adjustment settings for both clip on and helmet use, and then factor in adjusting it before each use. The values are shown when you adjust them, so you could just write them down.

I would be curious to know if it helps your issues getting them to fuze. I would try it on mine right now but just shipped my unit to Iray USA for the software update and other stuff (my unit seems to have some defective wifi and IP address issues)

And thanks for the kind words @GunnyFitz
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Yes, an excellent point about the margin adjustment throwing off clip-on zero. It would be suitable however (I think) for someone wanting to go from helmet to stand-alone (not using the clip on feature).

Another option would be to write down or memorize your X/Y margin adjustment settings for both clip on and helmet use, and then factor in adjusting it before each use. The values are shown when you adjust them, so you could just write them down.

I would be curious to know if it helps your issues getting them to fuze. I would try it on mine right now but just shipped my unit to Iray USA for the software update and other stuff (my unit seems to have some defective wifi and IP address issues)

View Quote

Doesn't it have saved profiles for different rifles or does that not function in helmet mode? The d14 will yield roughly the same front to back spacing as the knights. You would need to run the battery compartment to the outside or the screen cant would be pretty extreme if it would work at all.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Surely one of us has access to a 3D printer sufficient to accomplish at least a test piece.
View Quote

I'm not looking at all the pieces right now, but wouldn't locating the dovetail part further forward (having to keep the rail and two screw holes spacing constant) mess with the dovetail's ability to clip into the female latch on bridge or a G24, etc?
When this first came out, I didn't have a pictail, so I just I drew up and printed my lightened version of one in NylonX material, which is strong stuff – might even have some recoil-absorbing properties. Works fine, but I didn't check if the zero slops around or anything as compared to the metal one.
Wouldn't be a problem to kludge the dovetail part back and print another, if the new geometry still fits with the necessary spacing of the screws and access to the mount.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:30:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#39]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Doesn't it have saved profiles for different rifles or does that not function in helmet mode? The d14 will yield roughly the same front to back spacing as the knights. You would need to run the battery compartment to the outside or the screen cant would be pretty extreme if it would work at all.
View All Quotes

The 3 zero profiles are for the reticle in stand-alone mode, the margin adjustments are for clip-on mode
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:04:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#40]
Originally Posted By kel:

I'm not looking at all the pieces right now, but wouldn't locating the dovetail part further forward (having to keep the rail and two screw holes spacing constant) mess with the dovetail's ability to clip into the female latch on bridge or a G24, etc?
When this first came out, I didn't have a pictail, so I just I drew up and printed my lightened version of one in NylonX material, which is strong stuff   might even have some recoil-absorbing properties. Works fine, but I didn't check if the zero slops around or anything as compared to the metal one.
Wouldn't be a problem to kludge the dovetail part back and print another, if the new geometry still fits with the necessary spacing of the screws and access to the mount.

https://i.imgur.com/uTvjnLr.jpg
View Quote
I think the play for the KVC bridge is to lose the pic rail entirely and go Wilcox FTS mount or similar dovetail mounted on rifle. Move the dovetail back over the pic part,  now the pic rail doesn't hit the Wilcox mount because it is flat out gone, and snaps into the KVC bridge.

it also annoys the hell out of me that the JAMR and the Bridge are also different distances.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#41]

When this first came out, I didn't have a pictail, so I just I drew up and printed my lightened version of one in NylonX material, which is strong stuff – might even have some recoil-absorbing properties. Works fine, but I didn't check if the zero slops around or anything as compared to the metal one.

View All Quotes

@kel ya boy Springer and I just stat down for coffeffee and broke down the pictail & QD dimensions as well as the options for bridged and using the ADM QD mount.

I don't have any earthly things to offer you but some cash and my respect, but he says he will reemerge on the internet and sing you praise as his favorite industry death merchant if you can find the time to mod your file and whip me up one of these dovetails.:)
I think that is a solid offer on his part but I can see where he may also be angling to walk away with my MH25 if I get fully committed to the RH.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I think the play for the KVC bridge is to lose the pic rail entirely and go Wilcox FTS mount or similar dovetail mounted on rifle. Move the dovetail back over the pic part,  now the pic rail doesn't hit the Wilcox mount because it is flat out gone, and snaps into the KVC bridge.

it also annoys the hell out of me that the JAMR and the Bridge are also different distances.
View All Quotes

When this first came out, I didn't have a pictail, so I just I drew up and printed my lightened version of one in NylonX material, which is strong stuff   might even have some recoil-absorbing properties. Works fine, but I didn't check if the zero slops around or anything as compared to the metal one.

I don't understand what you're saying with the first paragraph of your post. It isn't making sense to me. I am interested to get clarification on what you're talking about.

I can address the second part about the JAMR being a different standoff distance. It doesn't matter as a monocular you adjust that distance for and aft with your NVG mount.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#43]

The 3 zero profiles are for the reticle in stand-alone mode, the margin adjustments are for clip-on mode
View All Quotes

All of this moot… when the unit flips upside-down it goes into helmet mode and you don’t get to adjust anything.  Stand-alone and clip-on mode (the only modes that have offset adjustment) only function right side up and you can’t helmet mount it right side up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#44]

All of this moot… when the unit flips upside-down it goes into helmet mode and you don’t get to adjust anything.  Stand-alone and clip-on mode (the only modes that have offset adjustment) only function right side up and you can’t helmet mount it right side up.
View Quote

Sure would be nice if the OMS was available, as shown in the manual.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Where could I the STL ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

All I knows iz that if I had what you have, I'd be 3DPrinterGoBrrrrrr.gif in an attempt to find out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:52:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#47]
Originally Posted By jwramp:
Sure would be nice if the OMS was available, as shown in the manual.
https://i.imgur.com/jDmXnOf.png
View Quote

Thanks for bringing this up as it appears to be the best (only?) way to get the PVS14 over the right eye - which is my desire. Am I missing something right in front of my face? (Pun)

Re-read this article again which addresses the OMS Obverse Dovetail. Since it was written in May of this year, I'm curious where these friggin things are, and who's putting them out in one form or another. In the article it states:

"What you need is an obverse dovetail for either the PVS-14 or RH25. According to my contact at IRay USA, the Obverse helmet shoe is not available yet. But it is mentioned in the RH25 manual."

Another little trick I may try w my DBAL-A3 (FP) is this:
"You can mount some accessories to the Pictail like a laser to help designate objects you see and detect with the RH25."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Admittedly, I haven't been spending time handling all this stuff. In a perfect world I'd love to see both items mounted to ANYTHING that enables them to sit as close and aligned with my eyeballs as my DTNVS are when I bring em down from above the helmet. THAT is my goal despite all the traffic on this thread. Some say they're able to do this without difficulty. It would mean the world to me to obtain a step by step list on how I can achieve this task with labeled items.

Unfortunately, due to the TBI I sustained from a MASSIVE IED Blast- that is the way I need to handle and attempt intricate challenges. Should anyone take the time to create anything of the sort, I'd be forever grateful and appreciative enough to gift them with something worthy of such an email. I think this is the first time I've admitted this fucking disability of mine.

Being 100% Service Connected is nothing to brag about. I'd give back all the money/rating to have both my mental and physical health back again. Ill be off the grid for 2 weeks training with my Service Dog. Sorry to deviate from the conversation gents.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#48]

@kel ya boy Springer and I just stat down for coffeffee and broke down the pictail & QD dimensions as well as the options for bridged and using the ADM QD mount.

I don't have any earthly things to offer you but some cash and my respect, but he says he will reemerge on the internet and sing you praise as his favorite industry death merchant if you can find the time to mod your file and whip me up one of these dovetails.:)
I think that is a solid offer on his part but I can see where he may also be angling to walk away with my MH25 if I get fully committed to the RH.

View Quote
I did say something about missing that old Kel guy and that we should probably invite him down for some hog hunting when the weather here gets cooler than the 5th level of hell stage that its in right now. DZ you weren't supposed to figure out the MH25 angle that fast.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Is now a good time to bring up the disabled IR laser in the RH or should I just stow that away and bring it up to melt minds after all the mounting buzz dies off?

FWIW Kel can confirm I'm missing too much of my brain from blast injuries too. My brain still clicks along on problems solving and work but communication and social skills suffer. With that said bear this in mind, the bridge dual band equipment list has been posted a few times previously but I will try to make it crystal clear without sounding condescending.

Mounting perfectly -14 over the right eye and RH or MH on left as displayed in ThisWildAdventure guy's awesome example pic

Bridge KVC (see caveat below)

RH mounted on left eye with IRAY Pictail (MH can go there with the Iray mum adapter and KVC shoe set or the new IrayUSA dovetail clip)

PVS-14 right eye with KVC OSS shoe set.

That is it for equipment.

A Norotos LoSto mount to hang it on your lid (or a Wilcox if you've been brainwashed into thinking that system is the bees knees) and you're set.

KVC Bridge Caveat: The KVC/RQE/KAC bridge has a good dozen lock set screws and adjustment points that position tweak and lock the pods in a final deployed position. It works. Period.

I don't want to be rude but it needs to be said that there is some really poor advice in the pages of these MH/RH threads from users. Be careful what weight you give someone's interweb opinions simply because they post a lot of flex pics of gear that passes through their hands. What you get for information is "Sometimes maybe good, Sometimes maybe shit."

This is a free internet opinion so take it for what it cost you:
You can't learn to drive or work on a race car in a few hours and you definitely can't learn to to drive or work on any of this stuff well in a short time either. The couple hours of fiddling with a bridge combo that was owned for a minute and then abandoned probably isn't a very solid base to issue a lot of concrete opinions on.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#50]
"......without sounding condescending."
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top