Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
IS.  I got an email from the yesterday after 2 weeks saying April or May.  I ordered a SG at the same time and it's already been delivered.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck.

I ordered 1FEB23.

At this point I would not place an order with him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW.  I wonder if it's too late to do a CC chargeback
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 3:49:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#4]
It seems like if you properly mount and torque to reasonable specs the SG NGAL, you've got a fairly good chance of having a very usable unit at least under dry conditions. Does that about sum it up?

Seems like the SG NGAL is picky about the rail it goes on as well.  

From what I can tell, it appears like the coalignment with the SG NGAL is just going to be slightly off from the IR, but reasonably close enough togther to be effective at short to short/immediate range distances. That a fair statement?  

On a grading scale of A to F, what would you guys give the SG NGAL overall (not comparing it to the limited civilian comparison options, but just on its own)?

If the Holosun's IRIS has an illuminator on par with the SG NGAL, but better coalignment and water resistance/proof would it be worth twice the price of the SG NGAL in your opinion?

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
If the Holosun's IRIS has an illuminator on par with the SG NGAL, but better coalignment and water resistance/proof would it be worth twice the price of the SG NGAL in your opinion?
View Quote

If the IRIS performs, it is a smarter purchase because it was made and designed for actual firearm use and will have a warranty.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I added a split washer to the mount on my SG NGAL.  I think it needs one to keep tension on everything and prevent backing off.  Hopefully it helps
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm.  Be careful; between the plastic on one side, and the soft metal on the other, you have a recipe for failure.  I think a medium strength spring might be better.  Along with Loctite.

Depends on what "lot number" you have.  I think after about 7,000 or so, the polymer was strengthened; if you can replace the metal with the improved FMA one, which takes a little fitting, then you have a pretty good chance of a solid lock up on the rail.  

I'm almost tempted to try a thin piece of shim stock epoxied to the rail interface on my earlier lot numbers.  That, and the FMA mount might square away the older units.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

If the IRIS performs, it is a smarter purchase because it was made and designed for actual firearm use and will have a warranty.
View Quote

Yes, that's basically how I see it and in my opinion that would justify paying $300 to $400 dollars more for it over the SG NGAL.  As pointed out above there will still be people buying the SG for clones and just because they like the look of it, but I'm not a cloner or Instagram dude so I'm just holding onto my money waiting for the IRIS.

I've been tempted to just buy the SG NGAL, because it's so cheap but with the IRIS coming out this year I'm just going to spend that money in the interim on more ammunition.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Yes, that's basically how I see it and in my opinion that would justify paying $300 to $400 dollars more for it over the SG NGAL.  As pointed out above there will still be people buying the SG for clones and just because they like the look of it, but I'm not a cloner or Instagram dude so I'm just holding onto my money waiting for the IRIS.

I've been tempted to just buy the SG NGAL, because it's so cheap but with the IRIS coming out this year I'm just going to spend that money in the interim on more ammunition.

View Quote

I'd wait to see how the release IRIS performs - Holosun LAMs are real world rock solid. With the SG, you're crossing your fingers for a Tues-Thurs build, and the waterproofness may not be there with the n=1 post about that in here. I'm pretty much sold that now, real world, LAMs will get you killed unless it's a really niche situation.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

I'd wait to see how the release IRIS performs - Holosun LAMs are real world rock solid. With the SG, you're crossing your fingers for a Tues-Thurs build, and the waterproofness may not be there with the n=1 post about that in here. I'm pretty much sold that now, real world, LAMs will get you killed unless it's a really niche situation.
View Quote

Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. It's niche thing good for a few tasks, but nowhere near the general solution it used to be.   Passive aiming is big time important now days, TNVC Vic and Augee have been saying it for awhile now along with some other night vision bros.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree absolutely; even ten years ago a LAM was a big(ger) part of the aiming solution; nowadays, it depends for sure, but overall, it's importance has been reduced.  I think the IR illum is now like viz illum, something that is used as needed, in conjunction with a good RDS.  Of course this will vary widely.

So this is just me, but I feel comfortable with a SG NGALike, fulfilling the role of an IR flashlight, whose malfunction does not keep me from using my primary aiming device, i.e. the RDS.  

Playing devil's advocate, you could say well just get a Vampire and be done with it.  Or KIJI/M600 for that matter.  And you might have a good point.  But others still insist on lasers.  

The Holosun is the joker in the deck.  If they get VCSEL tech out there it might make IS/SG OBE.  

To say the situation is rapidly changing is an understatement.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Diz:
Hmmmm.  Be careful; between the plastic on one side, and the soft metal on the other, you have a recipe for failure.  I think a medium strength spring might be better.  Along with Loctite.

Depends on what "lot number" you have.  I think after about 7,000 or so, the polymer was strengthened; if you can replace the metal with the improved FMA one, which takes a little fitting, then you have a pretty good chance of a solid lock up on the rail.  

I'm almost tempted to try a thin piece of shim stock epoxied to the rail interface on my earlier lot numbers.  That, and the FMA mount might square away the older units.
View Quote

He was talking about the ngal, not the peq. The ngal is all metal/aluminum. I found that the somo ngal I got didn't fit properly on my AR10 that came with a samson handguard. I ended up using some shim stock and it worked perfectly! In the long run, I ended up replacing that handguard on the rifle and the new one had no fitment issues after I test fit the ngal without the shim stock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Gotcha.  Yeah I've heard of some rail fit issues, and it's hard to determine who's at fault sometimes.  

For sure the alum housing is an upgrade; I noticed that right away with the NGALike.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#14]
InvisbleSight IS-EG NGAL, As Good as a Clone Gets?

This YouTube has been doing some pretty solid videos on both the SG and IS NGALs.  Obviously, he's dealing with sample sizes of 1, but really good data points to put up on the board.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IncbyZ9kTI

This YouTube has been doing some pretty solid videos on both the SG and IS NGALs.  Obviously, he's dealing with sample sizes of 1, but really good data points to put up on the board.
View Quote

His experiences largely mirror my own in terms of the general build quality, though I have the 'premium' IS NGAL and not the IS-EG version. I have dead-nuts-on coaligned lasers and I have the VCSEL illuminator (and a green laser!), but the output measurements he pulled are probably pretty similar to mine. I also received mine without the remote plug cover but that's a minor point.

I've held zero so far to just over 600 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#17]
Anyone else have a pulsing illuminator on the sg peq 15 that won't change with the sequence provided in the box? Tried it 50 times. Orange lights say it's programming like it should, but it isn't. Any ideas?

Edit: I think maybe it's a power issue. 3 of 4 new batteries won't do anything in it. Completely dead. The other one, vis laser is almost not visible and flickery. Ir laser seems ok but ir illuminator pulses. Maybe it's not getting enough power. It worked fine when it was brand new. I never actually fired this on a rifle. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:05:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#18]
Judging from the QC history, I'd say at this point, send it back.  They are pretty good about it, all pain in the ass aside.  

4 NGALikes just popped up on the SG site.  Now there are 3...

Make that 2.

On active vs passive, I think obviously, you want every tool in your tool box; I think what's changed is the amount of emphasis each technique gets these days.  

I just bought a SG NGAL because I think for the price point it will work just fine for me.  

Damn, as type, down to 1...
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Judging from the QC history, I'd say at this point, send it back.  They are pretty good about it, all pain in the ass aside.  

4 NGALikes just popped up on the SG site.  Now there are 3...

Make that 2.

On active vs passive, I think obviously, you want every tool in your tool box; I think what's changed is the amount of emphasis each technique gets these days.  

I just bought a SG NGAL because I think for the price point it will work just fine for me.  

Damn, as type, down to 1...
View Quote

Mines over a year old.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:38:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#20]
Yeah I got one over two years ago and had much the same problem.  Had to walk the damn things through the programing modes before it got any sense.  I think some of these things get hooked up and not set up before leaving the factory.  I got lucky in that it at least responded once I went down through each mode and got it "into gear" so to speak.  If you can't walk it through the modes and get it to respond, then yeah, contact them about it.  

The zero screws and springs were much the same way.  You had to "walk" them through a range of motion in order to get them to settle in.  

Even my IS NGAL was the same.  Damn thing wouldn't adjust illum worth a damn until you literally went "high right" with it, and then "stair-stepped" it down.

Now that IS has their "EG" NGAL, it's toss-up between them and the SG one.  Or you wait and see what Holosun does.  Or whoever.  

On the new VCSEL PEQ-15, man unless you're just milsim and need that form factor, I don't know why you'd want that over the NGAL.  But that's exactly it; some guys want the PEQ-2, too.

I hope he gets his lead times down and is successful.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
So anyway back to my peq only working on one particular battery and pretty much only the first laser setting.  Everything else is flickery.  When I first got this everything worked as it should. Sat in the safe for several months (no batteries) and get it out and it does this. Is this likely a bad connection or something around the battery leads like some people/videos have mentioned? What's the fix exactly to get those connections more secure?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:19:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#22]
Well, there's an outside chance the battery compartment is fucking up.  So try adding tension to the spring, and/or putting an o-ring in there, just like the website suggests. There just might not be enough battery contact going on. And just like a FLIR Breach, you gotta make sure that batt cap is secure, without stripping it.  

Other than that, the only really sure cure is to crack it open and see what's what.  Since it's not recoil damage, what would just pop off sitting in the safe?  Corrosion?  Something not making solid contact?  Lots of stuff to check but you'd need a multimeter to really figure it out.  Sounds like a bad switch.  I tried out FMA PEQ's before these and that's exactly what they did.  Just sent them back.  

The problem with these, all along, has been that the Chinese are loath to cull any bad components out of the herd.  So sketchy components are included in the parts bins when they should be in the shit can.  With this thrown in the mix, no amount of McGyver-ing can fix a bad component.

But like I said, the only way to really know is to crack it open yourself, and hope it's something mechanical, or, send it back and let them deal with it.  

If you crack it open.  Carefully ream out the screw holes to remove the sealant gunk.  A std high speed drill bit will work but a flat end mill is better.  Remove all screws.  Now carefully pry open the case.  Work any crack you can find, carefully expanding the perimeter.   Stick in shims to maintain pressure while you work.  When it pops, look at the batt compartment first.  Is the ground wire loose, or in the groove between the two halves?  And I guess is the power wire still hard connected?  Look at the switch.  Does it look like it has solid connection with the board?  Any corrosion?  All the leads still connected to the board?  Everything look kosher?  

If you can't find anything at this point, you're gonna have to drill down into the multimeter stuff.  

This is a crap shoot my brother.  I'd send it back; they're pretty good about this stuff.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, there's an outside chance the battery compartment is fucking up.  So try adding tension to the spring, and/or putting an o-ring in there, just like the website suggests. There just might not be enough battery contact going on. And just like a FLIR Breach, you gotta make sure that batt cap is secure, without stripping it.  

Other than that, the only really sure cure is to crack it open and see what's what.  Since it's not recoil damage, what would just pop off sitting in the safe?  Corrosion?  Something not making solid contact?  Lots of stuff to check but you'd need a multimeter to really figure it out.  Sounds like a bad switch.  I tried out FMA PEQ's before these and that's exactly what they did.  Just sent them back.  

The problem with these, all along, has been that the Chinese are loath to cull any bad components out of the herd.  So sketchy components are included in the parts bins when they should be in the shit can.  With this thrown in the mix, no amount of McGyver-ing can fix a bad component.

But like I said, the only way to really know is to crack it open yourself, and hope it's something mechanical, or, send it back and let them deal with it.  

If you crack it open.  Carefully ream out the screw holes to remove the sealant gunk.  A std high speed drill bit will work but a flat end mill is better.  Remove all screws.  Now carefully pry open the case.  Work any crack you can find, carefully expanding the perimeter.   Stick in shims to maintain pressure while you work.  When it pops, look at the batt compartment first.  Is the ground wire loose, or in the groove between the two halves?  And I guess is the power wire still hard connected?  Look at the switch.  Does it look like it has solid connection with the board?  Any corrosion?  All the leads still connected to the board?  Everything look kosher?  

If you can't find anything at this point, you're gonna have to drill down into the multimeter stuff.  

This is a crap shoot my brother.  I'd send it back; they're pretty good about this stuff.
View Quote

It does make sense that it could be the switch. Who do you send it back to? I bought mine from Paragon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Contact Paragon first, and then follow their instructions on whether they will handle it or send it back to SG.  I can't see them stiffing you on this; the PR would be bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:

His experiences largely mirror my own in terms of the general build quality, though I have the 'premium' IS NGAL and not the IS-EG version. I have dead-nuts-on coaligned lasers and I have the VCSEL illuminator (and a green laser!), but the output measurements he pulled are probably pretty similar to mine. I also received mine without the remote plug cover but that's a minor point.

I've held zero so far to just over 600 rounds.
View Quote

Nice, it's too bad that the production rate for the IS NGAL is so incredibly slow.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#26]
So I see IS now let’s you select whether you want a VCSEL or EEL laser for their lower cost NGAL clone. It’s 480 for EEL and 600 or VCSEL. Is EEL just the older PEQ illuminator? Was going to give one of these a shot on an mp5 and figured I’d place an order for one or two and report back in a million years when they arrive.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, EEL is the traditional laser-based illuminator like on a PEQ.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Not sure that when getting FP diodes, VCSEL is worth the cost? (Assumes the EEL is quality and not a Pitri Dish). The PERST-3 and SG NGAL Illuminators are clean and perfectly round. JMO
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#29]
OK got the SG NGAL last night.  Quick back-yard comparison to IS last night.  Actually they are very comparable, as to clarity and throw of illum, and lasers.  The biggy for me is having diffusers and the extra recoil lug on the IS.  If SG can add those features, or IS sustain them in the EG model (and ship within 3 months); either way you will have a winner.  

Of course there is the moisture issue.  IS has the extra o-rings but SG could easily add them.  I plan on Dura-coating it, then a clear coat as well.  Maybe that will help.  I'm tempted to put an o-ring under the mode switch like I did with the Perst.  

Honestly, if IS could get their shit together, I'd buy another one, but SG gets it out there, in a timely manner.  

For those of you with SG PEQ-15's, the NGAL is a significant upgrade.  The clarity of the illum, and the adjustability as well; this is what we always wanted.  Of course you pay for it.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#30]
OK got the SG NGAL last night.  Quick back-yard comparison to IS last night.  Actually they are very comparable, as to clarity and throw of illum, and lasers.  The biggy for me is having diffusers and the extra recoil lug on the IS.  If SG can add those features, or IS sustain them in the EG model (and ship within 3 months); either way you will have a winner.  

Of course there is the moisture issue.  IS has the extra o-rings but SG could easily add them.  I plan on Dura-coating it, then a clear coat as well.  Maybe that will help.  I'm tempted to put an o-ring under the mode switch like I did with the Perst.  

Honestly, if IS could get their shit together, I'd buy another one, but SG gets it out there, in a timely manner.  

For those of you with SG PEQ-15's, the NGAL is a significant upgrade.  The clarity of the illum, and the adjustability as well; this is what we always wanted.  Of course you pay for it.  
View Quote

Yep I'm following. Waiting until there is a clear winner/option where all the bugs are worked out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope to get my hands on the IS MK4 to have a waterproof laser with a VSCEL illuminator.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#32]
My Mk4 is an excellent LAM.

If the lead time and delivery issues halt I would have no issue recommending anyone order from him.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I emailed paragon about my peq 15. They said send a video and an order number. They've ghosted me since then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Picked up a SG ngal off eBay, markup wasn't terrible so I went for it. Haven't shot with it yet but I'm kinda worried about support now since the adjustments don't click for the first few degrees then it's like they catch and start clicking. It is moving the zero while this happens though.

Plan on shooting it this weekend but if I have issues I'm wondering if Paragon will be my go-to or not
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LVMIKE:
Picked up a SG ngal off eBay, markup wasn't terrible so I went for it. Haven't shot with it yet but I'm kinda worried about support now since the adjustments don't click for the first few degrees then it's like they catch and start clicking. It is moving the zero while this happens though.

Plan on shooting it this weekend but if I have issues I'm wondering if Paragon will be my go-to or not
View Quote

They are ignoring me and I bought mine from them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Figured I would just drop this here. So I wanted a diffuser for my somogear peq 15. I had a box of peq2 diffusers I bought for little to nothing brand new in packages. Figured I would experiment and sacrifice one for science.

I managed to open the peq2 diffuser and remove the the lens and I opened up the Peq15 one that came with the somogear and it dropped right into place and I glued it all back together. Now I have a nice diffuser that didn’t break the bank for my somogear. Sorry if this has been posted before but figured I would share in case someone was looking for an option that didn’t involve a 3d printed adapter. I have one of those while it works just makes it more bulky and I wanted the factory look.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By gungrass:
Figured I would just drop this here. So I wanted a diffuser for my somogear peq 15. I had a box of peq2 diffusers I bought for little to nothing brand new in packages. Figured I would experiment and sacrifice one for science.

I managed to open the peq2 diffuser and remove the the lens and I opened up the Peq15 one that came with the somogear and it dropped right into place and I glued it all back together. Now I have a nice diffuser that didn’t break the bank for my somogear. Sorry if this has been posted before but figured I would share in case someone was looking for an option that didn’t involve a 3d printed adapter. I have one of those while it works just makes it more bulky and I wanted the factory look.
View Quote

Very good info!! Do you have extra diffusers that you would want to share? I would love to do this to mine. I wonder if it would work on the Somo NGAL's as well?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Talked to InvisibleSight today asked about their NGAL.

Thanks for the interest.
It's going to take along while before I can have anything in stock,
The demand is just too strong, the amount of customers that are willing to pay and wait is still a very long waiting list.

Those extremely long delays are caused by the housing supply disruption last year.
Working my ass off to catch up with the production, 7 days a week.
Currently fixed all supply issues, the leadtime is more accurate this time of the year.
Also, I’m working on up scaling the production, more units will be made in the coming months.
I’m expecting a 5 fold increase in production.
Recently, just moved to a bigger workshop.
I’m looking from next month on, the production will start to take off.
View Quote

Also asked if he was planning anymore clones.

I'll make the MAWL, OGL, a ir illuminator only, and my own designed LAM this year.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By joshthemedic:

Very good info!! Do you have extra diffusers that you would want to share? I would love to do this to mine. I wonder if it would work on the Somo NGAL's as well?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joshthemedic:
Originally Posted By gungrass:

Same-sies.

Where did you get the cheap PEQ-2 diffusers @gungrass
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Same-sies.

View Quote

You can usually buy sets of them off eBay.

I bought a dozen for $20 awhile back to have extras.

The tricky part was getting the lense out of the peq2 diffuser without damaging it. I basically cut away and destroyed the plastic housing for the peq2 diffuser  but all I needed was the lense. Another option is to use a piece of plastic from a milk jug or similar I saw another guy do one this way. I just wanted to try the peq2 one because it’s designed for it. You still get the petri dish affect but it’s nice for indoors compared to the very narrow beam on the somo gear Peq15. It was pretty easy to open the somogear Peq15 one and put it back together so if you can find the right piece to use it’s definitely a good option.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

View Quote

Hmm, hopefully the quality doesn't drop off as he ramps up his production rate.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

View Quote

This is nearly verbatim to what he has been saying for nearly a year.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Yup.

"The check's in the mail!"
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:08:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#44]

Same-sies.

View Quote

I just backordered the way overpriced L3 filter from TNVC - I may kidnap the L3 President/CEO, like in 'Christmas Vacation'.

A Photog buddy said you can get Photo ND Filters cheap - but I have no idea how to cut it to fit the LAM?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#45]

I just backordered the way overpriced L3 filter from TNVC - I may kidnap the L3 President/CEO, like in 'Christmas Vacation'.

A Photog buddy said you can get Photo ND Filters cheap - but I have no idea how to cut it to fit the LAM?
View Quote

Ngl I thought about ordering something and using a hole punch lol

L3 has those good gov prices paid for by us.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I stopped going down the Somo road awhile back but the NGAL seems interesting on paper.

I've done some glossing over the last 10 pages or so and the consensus seems to be a lack of consensus...Is that fair to say? Do we think these are more or less good to go (with normal clone laser caveats)?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:50:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gungrass] [#47]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
I stopped going down the Somo road awhile back but the NGAL seems interesting on paper.

I've done some glossing over the last 10 pages or so and the consensus seems to be a lack of consensus...Is that fair to say? Do we think these are more or less good to go (with normal clone laser caveats)?
View Quote

This has a lot of the clone, civi and real deal full power lasers compared be warned it’s 2 hours long but shows them all off and there capabilities pretty well. The somogear NGAL , real NGAL , and invisible sight NGAL are compared among alot of others.

IR laser comparison clones, civi , restricted full power
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:

View Quote

Either non-consistent builds and lack of quality control or even a different users and tests.

I'm using the SG NGAL on an airsoft gun and not worried about recoil messing with zeroes, but lack of sealing makes it unreliable for use in rain.

I ordered a EG Tactical NGAL that is supposed to be on the way. Hoping it will be a little better than the SG.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Same-sies.

I backordered the NGAL ND filters a couple of weeks back as well. I'll bring the dog collar and RV runnin' on fumes
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#50]
So what did I miss?  You guys find NGAL filters for sale?  I only have the PEQ ones.  

On airsoft/milsim lasers.  Well, it can be a crap shoot.  I have the SG PEQ-15, and NGAL, and the IS NGAL.  SG has had it's problems, but darned if they don't keep improving as they go.  IS is totally legit but hard to get.  Although he also PLANS on improving.  For just general training purposes (including airsoft), the SG PEQ-15 is a low cost alternative to crazy expensive LAMs.  The SG NGAL is even better in laser performance, but may crap out in rainy weather.  The IS NGAL especially the EG model (non-VCSEL) would be a solid choice IF they improve build rate and ship times.  

So for me. I have other lasers in reserve, while I train and bang with the airsoft models.  

64 dollar question time.  Would I depend on them for real world use.  The IS NGAL: yes.  The SG NGAL: yes, with reservations.  The SG: PEQ-15: not unless necessary.  The IS NGAL-EG: Probably but have to test (if he gets his shit together).

As always and forever, YMMV.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top