Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
So does anyone actually have one of these IS NGALs? I'm interested in them because somebody said that they're comparable to a Perst 3, but it seems like everyone is waiting to actually receive one?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kylereesejd] [#2]
Several guys have received the IS ngals and are testing them out.

I’ve also posted reviews on the other thread. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Airsoft-grade-IR-devices-on-real-guns-/18-532341/?page=21
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still fucking waiting. He made a FedEx label last month but still hasn't shipped it.

Starting to get irritated.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKoch31:
I'm still fucking waiting. He made a FedEx label last month but still hasn't shipped it.

Starting to get irritated.
View Quote

WTF? Thought you got it before new year. The shipping part is the lethal bottleneck for his operations. So you paid extra to upgrade to FedEx but he still hasn't shipped? Did he confirm that your unit was finished?

I mean the co-alignment on my unit is less than perfect, and he said I shouldn't have urged him so much, since "mistakes could happen when he rushes". He needs to calibrate the co-alignment on every unit manually, and it takes a lot of time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kylereesejd:

WTF? Thought you got it before new year. The shipping part is the lethal bottleneck for his operations. So you paid extra to upgrade to FedEx but he still hasn't shipped? Did he confirm that your unit was finished?

I mean the co-alignment on my unit is less than perfect, and he said I shouldn't have urged him so much, since "mistakes could happen when he rushes". He needs to calibrate the co-alignment on every unit manually, and it takes a lot of time.
View Quote

It's so sad that we are this desperate for functional units.

This guy is clearly a horrible business man.

I think expectations really need to be tempered.  This dude is a hobbyist and he acts like one.  Saying that he was rushed so a product he created and delivered isnt performing as advertised is about as big of a bullshit reason as anyone can offer.  I wouldn't give that jackass a dime.

Having said that.  I've received equally horrid customer service from American companies so the age old saying of "Caveat Emptor" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Having made my way through the thread and used everything from .mil full power PEQs and MAWLs and owned almost every .civ LAM (still have a couple of D2s), I still sort of want to dip my toe in the water with one of this dude's NGALs. For 1000 bucks, seems like a decent unit.

I guess that said, if you could source a newer production, non beat to hell GWOT grey market full power PEQ-15 for 1.5-2K, would you just stick with that or buy a couple of these PEQs instead? I've never really shot with a PEQ past 300m or so (PID being what it is under goggles anyhow), and figure given the performance of an IS PEQ, would be fine.

Caveat is i have been more than satisfied with my D2s but just love the form factor of a PEQ and even more so an NGAL.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally felt like it was worth a shot. I ordered one. Form factor is driving force by far. Worst case scenario I still probably have a unit good enough to put on the .22.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:49:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kylereesejd] [#8]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
Having made my way through the thread and used everything from .mil full power PEQs and MAWLs and owned almost every .civ LAM (still have a couple of D2s), I still sort of want to dip my toe in the water with one of this dude's NGALs. For 1000 bucks, seems like a decent unit.

I guess that said, if you could source a newer production, non beat to hell GWOT grey market full power PEQ-15 for 1.5-2K, would you just stick with that or buy a couple of these PEQs instead? I've never really shot with a PEQ past 300m or so (PID being what it is under goggles anyhow), and figure given the performance of an IS PEQ, would be fine.

Caveat is i have been more than satisfied with my D2s but just love the form factor of a PEQ and even more so an NGAL.
View Quote

Don’t get me wrong I still like the IS NGAL quite a lot. It’s worth the $900 or so I paid for. The slight co-alignment issue isn’t a big deal for me. Hell I know some l3 atpials that don’t co-align perfectly.  I have a real LA-5 and this ngal does not fall behind that much in terms of illuminator performance. And it’s holding zero well so far.

I’m surely love to hear how the other guys’ IS units are doing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:31:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#9]
I email him every friday since my order date of Nov 23 2022 and he always says ill get back to you and never does lol. Lucky for me im not in a rush and there isnt a better option anyways.
Honestly he should pause the site checkout so he can catch up but thats not up to me.

even if i got a refund It wont cover 4 full power LAMs. I guess were all stuck in limbo
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I would honestly just suck it up and buy a Perst-3 when you can find one. I have 3 of them, one Gen 1 and two Gen2s. The Gen 2 models have a great illuminator and are cleaner than most of the PEQ-15s I've handled.

I hate dealing with people like him. I have no interactions with him, but he sounds like he is a horrible businessman and is too swamped to catch up. If he gets too fed up, he may just say fuck it and stop all together.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:
I would honestly just suck it up and buy a Perst-3 when you can find one. I have 3 of them, one Gen 1 and two Gen2s. The Gen 2 models have a great illuminator and are cleaner than most of the PEQ-15s I've handled.

I hate dealing with people like him. I have no interactions with him, but he sounds like he is a horrible businessman and is too swamped to catch up. If he gets too fed up, he may just say fuck it and stop all together.
View Quote

correct, not a good businessman. I do too but its the product i want for the price i want. And I do like the perst but im partial to keeping stuff matching and i dont think i could run a perst on a non AK platform
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 100roundclipazine:

correct, not a good businessman. I do too but its the product i want for the price i want. And I do like the perst but im partial to keeping stuff matching and i dont think i could run a perst on a non AK platform
View Quote

I've been thoroughly impressed with the Perst-3. The illuminators have been really good to me. Running it on an AR is no issue other than mental. I wasn't really sure when I first got one. They hold zero really well too, other than the initial pain in the ass getting everything dialed in.

I completely understand your point though. Personally, I would have a really hard time sending anyone a big wad of cash for something that isn't even on stock and hope to hell they don't go out of business before I get the product.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]

I've been thoroughly impressed with the Perst-3. The illuminators have been really good to me. Running it on an AR is no issue other than mental. I wasn't really sure when I first got one. They hold zero really well too, other than the initial pain in the ass getting everything dialed in.

I completely understand your point though. Personally, I would have a really hard time sending anyone a big wad of cash for something that isn't even on stock and hope to hell they don't go out of business before I get the product.
View Quote

The IS dude has been around for a decade. It's unlikely that he goes outta business all of a sudden. He's got issues with lead time and shipping, but there's really no need to trash-talk about him to justify a perst.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 12:03:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#14]

The IS dude has been around for a decade. It's unlikely that he goes outta business all of a sudden. He's got issues with lead time and shipping, but there's really no need to trash-talk about him to justify a perst.
View Quote

Trash talking him by calling him a poor businessman isn't really "trash talking".  It's an observation that is backed by tons of evidence provided by members that this guy can't supply product within his quoted time frames.  That makes him a bad business man.  It doesn't make his product bad by any means.  It does however reflect upon his "brand".
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#15]

View Quote

I don't see it as trash talking and could have probably conveyed my message a bit better. I realize the guy makes a great product and he takes it seriously but he seems to lack the skill to effectively deal with his customers. Many people have stated the same thing. I've almost ordered from him a couple of times but didn't complete the ordering process. I've ordered a couple of the Somogear PEQ-15s and they are great for what they are. I put them on handout rifles, zeroed them and put them away.

It really is a catch-22, hire on more people and expand, get orders completed quicker, and possibly lose much of his quality control. He could stop taking orders and catch up the back orders. Then he could start making them on his own time and be under much less pressure to perform. Once he gets a few dozen made then re-open orders till those are gone and repeat.

I want to see people suceede in this business, more people doing great is better for all of us as customers.

I don't have to trash talk anyone to justify buying a Perst. They work well for me and I don't really care to deal in the grey market with such expensive equipment. If that breaks, then I'm fucked with an expensive paperweight. I've turned down many offers to buy grey market lasers for really good prices.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't see it as trash talking and could have probably conveyed my message a bit better. I realize the guy makes a great product and he takes it seriously but he seems to lack the skill to effectively deal with his customers. Many people have stated the same thing. I've almost ordered from him a couple of times but didn't complete the ordering process. I've ordered a couple of the Somogear PEQ-15s and they are great for what they are. I put them on handout rifles, zeroed them and put them away.

It really is a catch-22, hire on more people and expand, get orders completed quicker, and possibly lose much of his quality control. He could stop taking orders and catch up the back orders. Then he could start making them on his own time and be under much less pressure to perform. Once he gets a few dozen made then re-open orders till those are gone and repeat.

I want to see people suceede in this business, more people doing great is better for all of us as customers.

I don't have to trash talk anyone to justify buying a Perst. They work well for me and I don't really care to deal in the grey market with such expensive equipment. If that breaks, then I'm fucked with an expensive paperweight. I've turned down many offers to buy grey market lasers for really good prices.
View Quote

All fair, I personally did not feel any negativity in the comments. The guy seems to be trying his best at least. I guess he underestimated the market size.
You know I got over the whole "it breaks, im fucked" thought.
I only owned FP lasers so id rather break the $900 perst/IS NGAL vs breaking the real ATPIAL/LA5 and basically throwing $1600-4000 down the drain.
I treat my stuff like heavy use tools so they get thrown around and its inevitable something breaks. I can save some money at least. Perst is never a bad choice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Well said, I totally agree. Guess people are just frustrated that there isn't yet a well-developed business that offers great fp units at reasonable prices and still keeps up with production for the high demand.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 12:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#18]
I have one caveat on buying grey market FP lasers. I recently bought a salty PEQ-15 from a long-time friend of mine because I trust him completely and it was a decent price. I was able to trade that to someone that looking for one and he had some stuff I was wanting to trade for. It was not my intent to trade it off so quickly since I wanted to put that on the rifle I set up like the M4 I carried in Afghanistan. I may just pick up an Atipal-C for it in the future. Currently, the Perst-3 works for my needs.

I really do want to see that guy succeed since I would like to have one of his NGALs. Until I can go on his website, order and have it actually be in stock, then I'm gonna hold off.

I don't really care about the laser part the FP units. I want a great IR Illumitator that punches through background illumination, performs well in high and low light environments, and isn't bulky like the Luna-ELIR3. I have one of those and it is fantastic other than the size.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been emailing back and forth with the gentleman from IS and it sounds like there is a board switch happening currently that will address the battery drain/picky battery issue.  

Wonder if he could provide a 'born on date' that would let us end users know who has the upgrade and who doesn't.

"All orders are shipped based on the ordering date.
When I finished an unit, it will be shipped based on the ordering date.
With that said, I think around 8 weeks is more realistic.
People that ordered with the 12 week lead time are waiting for the new pcb board.
The new board does eliminate the battery issues and can be used with any type of 123a batteries.
Hope this help, and sorry again for the confusion."
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 2:52:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#20]
Originally Posted By Nachricter:
I've been emailing back and forth with the gentleman from IS and it sounds like there is a board switch happening currently that will address the battery drain/picky battery issue.  

Wonder if he could provide a 'born on date' that would let us end users know who has the upgrade and who doesn't.

"All orders are shipped based on the ordering date.
When I finished an unit, it will be shipped based on the ordering date.
With that said, I think around 8 weeks is more realistic.
People that ordered with the 12 week lead time are waiting for the new pcb board.
The new board does eliminate the battery issues and can be used with any type of 123a batteries.
Hope this help, and sorry again for the confusion."
View Quote

good to know, wish he would just mass email those of us with existing orders to keep us updated.

I wonder if mine are getting the new pcb. I am from Nov, and he just sent me a pic of a raw housing like 1 week ago. Leads me to believe all unfinished orders should be new pcb.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:45:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nachricter] [#21]
I can't cofirm when the switch up was, but I emailed him asking about my order from January and this was his reply.

Hi,

There is no extra cost involved with the new board.
I can make sure you get your unit with the new board shipped.

Thanks
jx
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah his timing is weird man I ordered Nov 2022 and nothing yet, i did order multiple units and not just one but that shouldnt matter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I'm selling one in the EE. Works perfectly and has the spill guard.

Attachment Attached File
 Does a Dbal do that? Basically lights up a hillside at 600m.  Shameless plug.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 5:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#24]
Saw yours for sale. I'm tempted but I have three. Two set up and one on the shelf as a backup.

The only three civilian offered items that compare to the FP offerings are the MAWL, Luna Elir3, and the Dbal-D2.

I'm not paying MAWL prices or having a fat ass hanging off my rifle. The Luna is fair for what it is. I have a Luna set up on my DPMS .308.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm getting to the point of a charge back. If it's not moving by Monday I'm done. Every week it's another excuse and I'm now 4.5 months into a "4 week" wait
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wjoutlaw] [#26]
I'm getting to the point of a charge back. If it's not moving by Monday I'm done. Every week it's another excuse and I'm now 4.5 months into a "4 week" wait
View Quote

Damn shame to hear that. I want this dude to succeed if only for the fact that I want one of his NGALs and PEQs too. Great product other than his business practice and customer service.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Can’t remember if you were waiting for NGALs or PEQs or both. Bummer about the customer service.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

same boat brother, been 4 months for me. No info except excuses
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:

Can’t remember if you were waiting for NGALs or PEQs or both. Bummer about the customer service.
View Quote

Waiting for the NGAL. I have one of his PEQs, which is fantastic. That's why I've been pretty patient until now
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Last week he claimed.. "The new board is still progress. Once the new board is ready, I can get your unit made. I'm expecting by the end of the month."

Is this consistent with your story? I just sent an email requesting and update. Depending on the reponse, I'll be pushing for a charge back unless its shipped expeditiously (within 2 weeks most likely).

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:13:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Last week he claimed.. "The new board is still progress. Once the new board is ready, I can get your unit made. I'm expecting by the end of the month."

Is this consistent with your story? I just sent an email requesting and update. Depending on the reponse, I'll be pushing for a charge back unless its shipped expeditiously (within 2 weeks most likely).

View Quote

at least you got info lol he always tells me ill get back to you with build pics and i never get a thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Nope. I now have two tracking numbers from him that have never been turned over too FedEx. Jan 24  is the first time it "shipped". 11 days ago for the second one. Neither has moved despite multiple emails stating "it should be delivered early next week"
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Looks like IS is showing out of stock for PEQs now as well, maybe taking a break from orders to get caught up on his backlog.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Nope. I now have two tracking numbers from him that have never been turned over too FedEx. Jan 24  is the first time it "shipped". 11 days ago for the second one. Neither has moved despite multiple emails stating "it should be delivered early next week"
View Quote

@AKoch31

Did you ever get it / them?

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm curious as well, I spoke with IS last week. He was complaining about PCB boards and lack of supply. This week he was headed to the supplier and hopefully bringing samples back to use. At this point if he doesn't have good news by EOD tomorrow, I'm cancelling my order. My phantom hill is killing it and I have no reason to stick with IS if he can't get his house in order.

Anyone receive there IS ngal in the past few weeks?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm curious as well, I spoke with IS last week. He was complaining about PCB boards and lack of supply. This week he was headed to the supplier and hopefully bringing samples back to use. At this point if he doesn't have good news by EOD tomorrow, I'm cancelling my order. My phantom hill is killing it and I have no reason to stick with IS if he can't get his house in order.

Anyone receive there IS ngal in the past few weeks?
View Quote

Negative. I'm irritated and wanted to cancel but I want the damn laser. He's still responsive to email, with this as the last response yesterday.

Sorry for the delay caused.
Had some issues with the factory in China mainland, have to go there last few days.
The previous package had some shipping issue.
I have new unit done for you with a better coating, finishing today, will post in the next business day.
I'm working on increasing the production, spend a lot of time training people and new tooling.
This is the critical months that I need to break through.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#37]
He sent me pictures of some units in progress so who knows. Maybe they're recycled...

but either way I've got an order in too and we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 6:17:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#38]

Negative. I'm irritated and wanted to cancel but I want the damn laser. He's still responsive to email, with this as the last response yesterday.

View Quote

yeah he showed me his new paint jobs they look absolutely fantastic.
im in the same boat its too late to cancel now, so close.
I do think these will be worth it.

he said all my units were done but waiting on the new pcb only. Fingers crossed they go out by end of May.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#39]
He just replied to me that the PCB is the gating item. We'll see what shakes out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
He just replied to me that the PCB is the gating item. We'll see what shakes out.
View Quote

I just don't see how he can magically finish a new one up for me if the pcb is the issue. I'm not holding my breath but hope it ships.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I've been waiting for mine for 2 years.... He's even stopped replying to emails.  He's scammed me.  Do not trust this guy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cajer:
I've been waiting for mine for 2 years.... He's even stopped replying to emails.  He's scammed me.  Do not trust this guy.
View Quote

how the hell did it go by for 2 years?
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:46:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cajer] [#43]
I ordered right before Covid so there were decent excuses for not delivering as he’s based outta China, and he was giving updates.

I just remembered it’s 2023 so 3 years…

Then as the PayPal period passed his responses slowed…
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#44]
That really does sound like a scam. Totally unacceptable.

It seems several of us in this thread have multiple items due out to him. Maybe we should leverage that and get some real answers?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By kilroymcb:
That really does sound like a scam. Totally unacceptable.

It seems several of us in this thread have multiple items due out to him. Maybe we should leverage that and get some real answers?
View Quote

im waiting for his pcb answer and well see. I know guys who have theirs from a little while back, so he does deliver (sometimes). I wish there were better options.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Have an opportunity to pick up a UHP off a friend who ordered one off this latest batch and decided he didn't want the config he ordered, so I started reading this thread. The IS was looking great in the initial post. By the last page, it was a "Yeah, nope." I haven't read anything good about the guy anywhere in the last year. I'm astounded that there are people who've been waiting three years on an order. Holy shit. I guess I'll just go ahead and buy the UHP.

It would be really fantastic to have more quality choices that aren't a thousand friggin' dollars plus.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Rando_Calrissian:
Have an opportunity to pick up a UHP off a friend who ordered one off this latest batch and decided he didn't want the config he ordered, so I started reading this thread. The IS was looking great in the initial post. By the last page, it was a "Yeah, nope." I haven't read anything good about the guy anywhere in the last year. I'm astounded that there are people who've been waiting three years on an order. Holy shit. I guess I'll just go ahead and buy the UHP.

It would be really fantastic to have more quality choices that aren't a thousand friggin' dollars plus.
View Quote

problem is the somo is still not really practically reliable. I think they have a ways to go before they can be a viable alternative.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#48]
From IS:
"Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
The new pcb should be here in a week or two, this pcb can use any type of battery, not power drop issues.
I’ll start the build straight away.
You can expect I’ll start shipping by the end of the month with units having the new pcb installed.
Orders are shipped based on the ordering date.
Just hang on a bit longer, best quality guaranteed.
Thanks for your patience.

The main reason why there is a longer delay is the housing production.
Originally the housing was made by a forging factory, however that factory is bankrupt.
So, I got the housing produced using a different process.
This technique requires a lot of post finishing.
And that factory can't do it properly.
That ends up me doing it one by one.
Each housing requires almost 10 hours of grinding, polishing and multiple coating to finish to my standard."

We shall see. He previously told me that my build was ready just waiting on the PCB.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
From IS:
"Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
The new pcb should be here in a week or two, this pcb can use any type of battery, not power drop issues.
I’ll start the build straight away.
You can expect I’ll start shipping by the end of the month with units having the new pcb installed.
Orders are shipped based on the ordering date.
Just hang on a bit longer, best quality guaranteed.
Thanks for your patience.

The main reason why there is a longer delay is the housing production.
Originally the housing was made by a forging factory, however that factory is bankrupt.
So, I got the housing produced using a different process.
This technique requires a lot of post finishing.
And that factory can't do it properly.
That ends up me doing it one by one.
Each housing requires almost 10 hours of grinding, polishing and multiple coating to finish to my standard."

We shall see. He previously told me that my build was ready just waiting on the PCB.
View Quote

fingers crossed. Yeah new housings look cast and hes hand grinding and filing. Looks like a pain.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Some success - I have a tracking number that's actually moving now!
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top