Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2007 4:15:00 PM EDT
Anyone seen one done?  I have a para, thinking I want an adjustable LOP.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I am interested as well.  Currently have the para and hate it--want to convert to a slider.  Don't want to gunsmith or spend the $350 or so bucks DSA wants as a replacement.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Easiest way would be to get a standard metric lower and use the ACE receiver block and their pig nose adaptor. Then you can use whatever AR collapsable stock you want. You will need to use/keep the FAL para recoil system.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Just talked to ACE and they said the receiver block is not made for the Para--it will bolt on, but be unsupported on the bottom and may twist...would require some drilling and tapping, apparently.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Easiest way would be to get a standard metric lower ........

Link Posted: 4/24/2007 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to look into kaiserworks now.  I was wondering who made DSA's stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2007 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Their site isn't showing much.  I've emailed them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2007 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Kaiserworks lower, and its a great piece! but I *believe* he's out of business. Which is really too bad, because he was in development of making his lowers work with standard AR FCG components. Not only would that give a lot of options for specialty triggers, ect., but easy/cheap compliance parts.
Link Posted: 4/25/2007 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
According to the Falfiles, he's just in hibernation.  He's working some .gov contracts and well, that brings in big money compared to tinkering.

Yeah, I saw that lower that takes the 2 stage AR triggers.  Don't need one, but great item.  Maybe he'll throw a patent on that one.

Link Posted: 4/25/2007 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]

DSA Side Folding Adjustable SOCOM Stock with Hinge Block Assembly and AR Type Stock Adapter

I removed the original SOCOM stock and install the CTR to see how it feel.  I liked the SOCOM stock better and re-installed it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2007 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2007 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for sharing.  Exactly what I wanted to see.   I KNEW someone had to have done it already.

Link Posted: 4/29/2007 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#12]
This one just showed up in a thread over on FAL Files

Link Posted: 5/3/2007 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice camo.

Well, since I liked the look of it.  I jumped in.  

Got the new buttstock on tonight.  Rear sight is temp. since it's the only AR type sight I have at the moment.  I will eventually put a folding hinge block on as well, but for now it's collapsable only.  In the pic it's on the 2nd hole from fully closed.  Still working the bugs out of the 30 round mag.

I opted to use the buffer tube castle nut to give a little more strength to the tube.  I could have omitted it, but used it.

I should weigh this set up without the mag.  It's pretty light.  I love the buttstock.  It shoulders just like an AR as far as the stock to sight height goes.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top