Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2009 10:30:47 AM EDT
NoHair and I got the first two off the line yesterday.

Shot mine today using that German Blue Plastic Ammo.  It was pretty slick  I'll link a vid later today.

Enjoy the drum pron:

Link Posted: 6/20/2009 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/20/2009 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine yesterday also and it KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!! I loaded it with SA and had 1 FTF on the 3rd round, then dumped it, no issues. Of course the camera batteries went dead while doing the dump, reloaded with SilverBear and dumped all 50 with no issues. It was dry = no lube - and ran great, did a few more dumps and had 0 problems.
I was shooting it in one of my 51Ks that I built on a PTR receiver, a little movement but ran great, test fit it in a REAL FMP receiver that is stamped G3 and my HK 91, fit tight with NO play -SWEET!!!
Yes, I am in OR and NO I have nothing to do with AA ,except telling you I had a great experience with their product.
NoHair

Me shooting the drum out of my 51K
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#4]
DANG!!! Are they really $600?
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, at least mine was, I thought the same thing UNTIL I looked at it and shot it, NO ISSUES out of the box, that DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME EVER!!!! I usually have to tinker with things, I loaded it with the mindset - Well, let's see what happens and what I'll need to do to get it working. NOTHING!!!!!
I say they need to be in the $750 range, the extra $150 just because I saved that much on my time of not having to ship it back for anything or tinker with it.
Just don't let AA know that.

If they let customers shoot them , THEN told them the price they will sell a lot more of them.
NoHair
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Sorry to get off topic...that is SICK!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, at least mine was, I thought the same thing UNTIL I looked at it and shot it, NO ISSUES out of the box, that DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME EVER!!!! I usually have to tinker with things, I loaded it with the mindset - Well, let's see what happens and what I'll need to do to get it working. NOTHING!!!!!
I say they need to be in the $750 range, the extra $150 just because I saved that much on my time of not having to ship it back for anything or tinker with it.

If they let customers shoot them , THEN told them the price they will sell a lot more of them.
NoHair

looks like i'll be sticking to changing mags for a while
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But that's a $300 cotter pin.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Word is that the ones coming out after ours will have a small roll pin in place of the cotter pin.  We got the German special forces easy takedown (in case of under water ops) special version
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NoHair

The thing truly looks bad-ass. And I aplaud the high position for minimal lever arm. Better stability for sweeps. But yeah, factory 20 rnd. mags at 99 cents each is hard to get away from.

But damn, I still like it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NoHair

The thing truly looks bad-ass. And I aplaud the high position for minimal lever arm. Better stability for sweeps. But yeah, factory 20 rnd. mags at 99 cents each is hard to get away from.

But damn, I still like it a lot.

sure is pretty cool but yeah..alittle to much to replace my cheapo 20 rounders and a mag change...perhaps if i ever get around to that full auto i want THEN i'll be glad to by one.....but i have to win the lotto first for all that
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1. Do you know how many 20rd mags you could buy for $600?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=282321&page=2
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, it is exactly the same but different .

Why have a belt fed when you can have a bolt action?

Some people just don't get it.

NoHair
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I get it.

Here goes:

More bullets = more fun

There ya go.
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I WAS on the notification list to when they became available.

Did I want one? Of course. Do I want to pay $600.00? No.

For $79.00, you can get a 43 rounder.

For $243.00, you can get two 43 rounders, and a factory magazine clamp.

(43 round burst, with another 43 rounds right behind)

86 rounds, ready to go. Heavy? Sure. Bulky? Sure? Practical? .........No.

Fun? Yep. At less than half the cost. Made from factory mags by a quality smith.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=218&idcategory=9

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=219&idcategory=9

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Quoted:

...Do you know how many 20rd mags you could buy for $600?...

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Uhhhhh, 606 20 round magazines?

That's 12,120 rounds, ......... and 1 up the pipe.

;)

HKO

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually I was one of the goofs that preordered it for $259 (I think?), and forgot about it until it showed up his week!

Since nohair is one of the HK gods, I'm happy he's happy and when I can finally get home to try it out, I expect I'll be a happy camper, too...

And I have about 60+ of the cheap mags, too...  I just hate reloading at the range...  ;)
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

...Do you know how many 20rd mags you could buy for $600?...

Uhhhhh, 606 20 round magazines?

That's 12,120 rounds, ......... and 1 up the pipe.

;)

HKO

That's $6,000 in ammo.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NoHair

Me too

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]

I would expect no less from you
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually I was one of the goofs that preordered it for $259 (I think?), and forgot about it until it showed up his week!

Since nohair is one of the HK gods, I'm happy he's happy and when I can finally get home to try it out, I expect I'll be a happy camper, too...

And I have about 60+ of the cheap mags, too...  I just hate reloading at the range...  ;)

Thanks, BUT , I am NO God, just someone who tried and screwed up a lot of parts before getting it right and showing people the final product :) but thanks anyway.

NoHair
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, BUT , I am NO God, just someone who tried and screwed up a lot of parts before getting it right and showing people the final product :) but thanks anyway.

http://m-mason.smugmug.com/photos/589410006_79wJH-M.jpg
http://m-mason.smugmug.com/photos/592463912_QgHaD-M.jpg
http://m-mason.smugmug.com/photos/592464376_pEeSP-M.jpg
http://m-mason.smugmug.com/photos/589339764_nydow-M.jpg
NoHair

We know where the name came from now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top