Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gilly:

Seems like that would also solve the conundrum about using a Federally illegal Schedule 1 drug that is medicinally legal in your state while possessing firearms and/or being issued a CWP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gilly:
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:
AP reported today that marijuana will be rescheduled to a Class 3 drug, legalizing medical use.

That's close enough for me and many other gun owners who could benefit from medical use of it. I'm a 'NO' for recreational use now. I expect medical use card applications will be on the rise.

Seems like that would also solve the conundrum about using a Federally illegal Schedule 1 drug that is medicinally legal in your state while possessing firearms and/or being issued a CWP.
No, no it would not. Being rescheduled does not change federal law. Being rescheduled does not change the classification of it being an illegal substance, PERIOD.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Marijuana is currently classified as a Schedule I substance, which means it is considered to have no medical value and a high potential for abuse.

It does not automatically make it something that can be prescribed right when it is rescheduled.

The Biden Administration through the FDA has recommended that it be moved to Schedule III, reflecting a determination that cannabis has a moderate to low potential for abuse, an accepted medical use, and a moderate or low potential for physical dependence or a high potential for psychological dependence. If reclassified, marijuana would be considered a drug with safe and accepted medical uses, and it would ease restrictions on medical research and legitimize the marijuana industry on a national level.

View Quote

When you say 'It does not automatically make it something that can be prescribed right when it is rescheduled.' Can you expound on that? Are you referring to whether or not someone is eligible for a prescription, a time period for the govt to figure out how to profit from it , formation of regulatory channels for it, or something else? Please pardon me if it is easier to understand than I realize, I'm working with some cognitive issues.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:51:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: evlblkwpnz] [#3]
No, no it would not. Being rescheduled does not change federal law. Being rescheduled does not change the classification of it being an illegal substance, PERIOD.
View Quote

ETA: I just watched some commentary from Tom Grieve that explained it well. The re-classification does not make it legal on a federal level to be used medicinally. I get it now.

Are you referring to it being an illegal substance to have without a prescription, like any other prescription drug?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

I disagree.  The way I see it, it would be no different than Subutex (also Schedule III).  As long as you're not under the influence of it while on possession of a firearm or clinically addicted to it, it shouldn't impact issuance of a carry permit or your right to possess or purchase a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#5]
YES

millions already do even if illegal....and they are also ones who do not get it from dispensary. There are many old school street weed sellers all over but people still are able to get it from a dispensary even without a card. Some get from friends and family that have cards and some get it from dispensaries that just don't care. The really bad thing that was in the original medical one was the seed to store crap.......limiting who can sell. Let the people get what they want......they already do.

If people knew how many students vape a THC form they would be shocked. I would say about 75% of students vape and about 65% use a THC kind......8 or 9
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top