BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't think anyone else was showing up

I was waiting to see where everyone was coming from to find a place.

I'm open to any suggestions.

@cancard and I met up on Friday. Neither are ATF
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:
You know Ohio isn’t the East coast right?

View Quote

Its the "North Coast"

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:21:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cancard] [#3]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
I didn't think anyone else was showing up

I was waiting to see where everyone was coming from to find a place.

I'm open to any suggestions.

@cancard and I met up on Friday. Neither are ATF
View Quote

It was that obvious,

Pleasure meeting you.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]
IF anyone wants to make this happen for Saturday, sound off by Thursday so I can get a head count and pick a venue.

Otherwise its Eat N Park in Austintown bc you can take the Yinzer out PA, but cant take the PA out of this Yinzer transplant.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
IF anyone wants to make this happen for Saturday, sound off by Thursday so I can get a head count and pick a venue.

Otherwise its Eat N Park in Austintown bc you can take the Yinzer out PA, but cant take the PA out of this Yinzer transplant.
View Quote

In. I'm surprised you're not deciding on Kings Restaurant just over the PA border.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:

In. I'm surprised you're not deciding on Kings Restaurant just over the PA border.
View Quote

I was never a Kings guy. EnP is where its at for me. They got that buffet

Ill pencil you in!
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 7:58:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#7]
I’ll be in Iowa on my way to South Dakota on the 24th.

Edit:

Also there is apparently an armed, insane criminal that MCSO is trying to get, in my area.

He’s dodged them a few times at night, in the woods. Ellsworth / Bailey road.  He’s apparently camping in an abandoned house.  

Just a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Edit:

Also there is apparently an armed, insane criminal that MCSO is trying to get, in my area.

He’s dodged them a few times at night, in the woods. Ellsworth / Bailey road.  He’s apparently camping in an abandoned house.  

Just a heads up.
View Quote

Hopefully next time.

Insane criminals are my specialty. Hopefully he stays up that way though and gets picked up ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Edit:

Just a heads up.
View Quote

Is our old friend who lived in the shack off palmyra by the tracks back or is this another one?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

@laxman09

Count me in.  I’m always up for breakfast food.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cancard:

@laxman09

Count me in.  I’m always up for breakfast food.
View Quote

I had already counted you in
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#12]

Is our old friend who lived in the shack off palmyra by the tracks back or is this another one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Edit:

Just a heads up.

Yep. It was him.

They got him this morning.  (On borrowed ATV's.... from someone...)
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:33:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cancard] [#13]

Yep. It was him.

View All Quotes

Edit:

Just a heads up.

Yep. It was him.

What’s the back story with him?  I know his grandfather left him the property and he burned down the house in an effort to heat it.  I drive past the property daily and let’s say I saw plenty of decent looking suburban women with nice cars visiting prior to the fire.  Assuming drugs.

Post fire, the situation worsened with him living in the shed.  Neither Ellsworth or N Jackson wanted to take care of the situation.  30 feet away was a swing-set as a family with children lived next door.  The city of Youngstown wouldn’t have tolerated this.

Lots of fail with Ellsworth, N Jackson, health dept, zoning and the sheriff with this one.

My opinion, they were all afraid of this guy.  Some good neighbor burned down his shed ensuring he didn’t return.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]

What’s the back story with him?  I know his grandfather left him the property and he burned down the house in an effort to heat it.  I drive past the property daily and let’s say I saw plenty of decent looking suburban women with nice cars visiting prior to the fire.  Assuming drugs.

Post fire, the situation worsened with him living in the shed.  Neither Ellsworth or N Jackson wanted to take care of the situation.  30 feet away was a swing-set as a family with children lived next door.  The city of Youngstown wouldn’t have tolerated this.

Lots of fail with Ellsworth, N Jackson, health dept, zoning and the sheriff with this one.

My opinion, they were all afraid of this guy.  Some good neighbor burned down his shed ensuring he didn’t return.
View All Quotes

Edit:

Just a heads up.

Yep. It was him.

Honestly no idea.

I do now know, he was the one I saw on trail cameras on the back side of my sister's property.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:50:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#15]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Alrighty, if you're interested in meeting up we'll be at Eat n Park in Austintown @ 930am on Saturday. We're up to three brave souls.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Alrighty, if you're interested in meeting up we'll be at Eat n Park in Austintown @ 930am on Saturday. We're up to three brave souls.
View Quote

I would love to go but just had wisdom teeth pulled this morning at age 55! And I could have ran over to Colla's Market and picked up some Holy Trinity perohi (pierogies, Ukrainian style).

Maybe next time. Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

I would love to go but just had wisdom teeth pulled this morning at age 55! And I could have ran over to Colla's Market and picked up some Holy Trinity perohi (pierogies, Ukrainian style).

View Quote

Good luck with those. I need mine done.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:08:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Thanks. I can recommend a great office when you are ready. I suffered too many years by procrastinating.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Sheetz next door wouldn’t much appreciate a random fuel tanker parking over their drops for an hour while we eat

Hopefully I can make the next one; have a good time, guys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:56:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: laxman09] [#21]
Originally Posted By TeflonFetus:
Sheetz next door wouldn’t much appreciate a random fuel tanker parking over their drops for an hour while we eat

Hopefully I can make the next one; have a good time, guys.
View Quote

Acktually it's been a thing there lately with the  artificially reduced diesel price ....
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Acktually it's been a thing there lately with the  artificially reduced diesel price ....
View Quote

It certainly has.  Six more days of that madness.  The volume of ULSD they’re moving has to come close to offsetting the loss from dropping the price.  Lots of CLI tankers staging in diesel bays lately.

Did any local govs other than Austintown chime in on traffic obstructions?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Had a nice breakfast and meet up! 3/3 no ATF agents.

Hopefully can have a regular thing and get a few more of yinz to show up! Great getting to chat guns, supermodel wives, and local bs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Hopefully can have a regular thing and get a few more of yinz to show up! Great getting to chat guns, supermodel wives, and local bs.
View Quote

The waitress chiming in frequently with gun talk was cracking me up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

She was my kind of waitress.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cancard] [#26]
Stopped at the Salem Walmart.  They’re flood with .22 ammo.  $21/325 rnds of Federal.

The purchase limit restriction has been lifted - so, buy all you can.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#27]

It certainly has.  Six more days of that madness.  The volume of ULSD they’re moving has to come close to offsetting the loss from dropping the price.  Lots of CLI tankers staging in diesel bays lately.

View All Quotes

My office is a safe haven.  But someone would of needed to pick you up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Stopped at the Salem Walmart.  They’re flood with .22 ammo.  $21/325 rnds of Federal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/4ABAAC6E-C7A6-421C-8E15-610B0EB80B60-2537884.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/67CF2DBC-F5F9-4A8E-84FA-1DF096292A43-2537886.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/A3A0BA7C-2037-4177-9F4A-324B1CDE5EFD-2537888.jpg
View Quote

Dang, the price tag of that .30-30 is just out of frame. $26 or $36?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/4ABAAC6E-C7A6-421C-8E15-610B0EB80B60-2537884.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/67CF2DBC-F5F9-4A8E-84FA-1DF096292A43-2537886.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/A3A0BA7C-2037-4177-9F4A-324B1CDE5EFD-2537888.jpg

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to hit them up. I'm tired of paying .35 Remington prices for .30-30.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Any of you guys know a decent chimney sweep? I need to get mine cleaned out for winter and cant really find anything online.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone interested in night time fun, East Coast Night Shoot is in Garretsville OH on Nov 12.

Linked thread is local discussion here. Even if you dont have night vision, COME OUT! Youll get to check out gear, shoot during the day, shoot at night (suppressed only) and see some badass stuff.

Bunch of Ohio guys are supposedly going and I know a couple of my Pittsburgh NV shooting crew will be there as well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#33]
ECNS was a BLAST! I didnt have time to take pics because I was mostly busy hanging out with the members that showed up! Lots of guns, gear, and and good natured shit talking!

The facility in Garrettsville was AWESOME. Even with all the rain the day before, there were no issues. Had 200 attendees + a ton of vendors there showing off gear and passing out swag.

Id like to set something up between now and the end of the year, maybe a brunch or something. All depends on interest. We can all mourn Tim Ryan's last days in congress [/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Interested!
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#35]
@laxman09
@neoshooter

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/-/12-665324/?page=1#i7318041

Depending on where you're willing to drive to it might be an option.  

@CJ47 said maybe even an arf event.....   Finally get laxman his IR #minicooper patch.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bdover:
@laxman09
@neoshooter

@CJ47 said maybe even an arf event.....   Finally get laxman his IR #minicooper patch.
View Quote

Oof. Fridays Im out bc I have dad duties all day until wife is off work. Sats are maybeishsortapossible, but 4 hours is a haul when I have regular night shoots in Pittsburgh only 90 mins away.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#37]
@laxman09
@neoshooter

View Quote

Yea, an ARF only shoot could most likely happen, depending on date/time and my schedule. I am pretty flexible all things considered, however I would have to clear anything not on the schedule with the big boss.

And since Laxman refused to talk to me at ECNS, I feel he has to drive down here and meet me now
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CJ47:

Yea, an ARF only shoot could most likely happen, depending on date/time and my schedule. I am pretty flexible all things considered, however I would have to clear anything not on the schedule with the big boss.

And since Laxman refused to talk to me at ECNS, I feel he has to drive down here and meet me now
View Quote

You were too close to a girl, girls are scary.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#39]

You were too close to a girl, girls are scary.
View Quote

@laxman09  Was she taller than you?  just curious.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#40]

@laxman09  Was she taller than you?  just curious.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#41]
I like food.  I’m in pending youth sport schedules.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#42]
My schedule fairly flexible for meetup, just work until 5 in Youngstown M-F but Ohio and PA deer gun seasons almost upon us! Will watch for more comms. Thx.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By neoshooter:
My schedule fairly flexible for meetup, just work until 5 in Youngstown M-F but Ohio and PA deer gun seasons almost upon us! Will watch for more comms. Thx.
View Quote

Damn, I forgot about hunting season.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#44]
If anyone is interested, there is a night shoot in Pittsburgh Dec 17.

If interested, PM me for details.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#45]
@laxman09  You guys are doing it week before xmas?  Do you want our wives to hate us?  Either way I can't bc I'm not home, but damn man.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#46]
@laxman09  You guys are doing it week before xmas?  Do you want our wives to hate us?  Either way I can't bc I'm not home, but damn man.
View Quote

I dont set the schedule. if your supermodel wife is following the arfcom standards she will never know youre gone if she stays in the kitchen
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#47]

I dont set the schedule. if your supermodel wife is following the arfcom standards she will never know youre gone if she stays in the kitchen
View Quote

Or do what I do and always take your wife with you everywhere. The only issue you'll run into is finding a kitchen portable enough to bring her along in.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Or do what I do and always take your wife with you everywhere. The only issue you'll run into is finding a kitchen portable enough to bring her along in.
View Quote

Ive invited mine... she makes fun of me and my night time friends. Plus she hates the cold.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

@CJ47  
@laxman09

My wife is waaaay out of my league & she also laughs at me & my internet friends doing NV stuff.  She has 0 interest.  Mostly I cant come bc I'm doing xmas with my in-laws that day.

Also, I do 95% of the cooking, its relaxing after a long day.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 6:00:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Can't make the night shoot but still interested in a local meet-up sometime if others are.
Page / 4
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top