Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thisismyusername:

Ugh. This is how FUD propagates. I’m genuinely not trying to be pejorative or be an ass, but this shows serious deficiencies in English comprehension and possibly laziness in not even reading the whole bill.

First, the prohibitions ONLY apply to persons inside WA. No out-of-state retailer is prohibited from doing anything by 1240. Second, a part is ONLY an “assault weapon” if the parts necessary to construct an “assault weapon” are the possession of the same person. No different than selling you a barrel under 16”. Once it’s in your hands AND if you already have an AR, you now have “constructive possession,” of an SBR, but it’s not illegal for them to sell it to you because the part alone isn’t an SBR. Third, possession of ANYTHING is not prohibited in ANY way by ANYTHING in the bill.

Retailers won’t ship because they’re pussies and don’t want to fight a frivolous CIVIL suit brought by a state which doesn’t care about losing a civil suit, because even paying a lawyer to show the suit is frivolous harassment which violates PLCAA still costs them money.

They built their businesses on our backs, but now turn their backs on us. Fuck all of them. Any that deny me anything get one chance while I correct their lawyers’ incompetence, then they never get another dime. Ever. At least those which claim they CAN’T ship. If they at least admit they WON’T because they’re pussies, maybe they’ll get another chance in the future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
As far as I can tell from my reading of it is that no one is allowed to ship any evil [b]SEMI AUTO
gun part (no matter how small) to anyone in the state of Washington no matter what and even the mere possession of any small replacement part is now illegal.

Ugh. This is how FUD propagates. I’m genuinely not trying to be pejorative or be an ass, but this shows serious deficiencies in English comprehension and possibly laziness in not even reading the whole bill.

First, the prohibitions ONLY apply to persons inside WA. No out-of-state retailer is prohibited from doing anything by 1240. Second, a part is ONLY an “assault weapon” if the parts necessary to construct an “assault weapon” are the possession of the same person. No different than selling you a barrel under 16”. Once it’s in your hands AND if you already have an AR, you now have “constructive possession,” of an SBR, but it’s not illegal for them to sell it to you because the part alone isn’t an SBR. Third, possession of ANYTHING is not prohibited in ANY way by ANYTHING in the bill.

Retailers won’t ship because they’re pussies and don’t want to fight a frivolous CIVIL suit brought by a state which doesn’t care about losing a civil suit, because even paying a lawyer to show the suit is frivolous harassment which violates PLCAA still costs them money.

They built their businesses on our backs, but now turn their backs on us. Fuck all of them. Any that deny me anything get one chance while I correct their lawyers’ incompetence, then they never get another dime. Ever. At least those which claim they CAN’T ship. If they at least admit they WON’T because they’re pussies, maybe they’ll get another chance in the future.

I don't think you're being pejorative (had to look that up ) or an ass, but keep in mind that the people writing these bills can't even understand the very clear language used in the second amendment (or maybe they do and they don't want to admit it). They seem to purposely write these bills in a way so that it's very hard to interpret what they are actually going for. Or maybe they write it the way they do because they are quite literally retarded.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Are they a site sponsor? I should look into that before I share my thoughts as I’d like to keep my account for now
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
#F1240, #FuJI, #FBF

I'm   not sure what I've done to no longer be entitled to the same privileges and immunities affirmed for citizens of "the several States" mentioned in the constitution.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Shokwav:

Are they a site sponsor? I should look into that before I share my thoughts as I’d like to keep my account for now
View Quote

They are and I don’t give a fuck that they are.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The only way to fight this tyrannical BS is by non compliance throughout the Country. Until this happens, nothing is going to change. For a very company that is bowing down to these tyrannical A-holes, I will never spend another dime with them ever.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I am glad I ordered the XM-177 parts last year from Brownells with some other "retro" parts, My carbine build turned out awesome.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cops66:
The only way to fight this tyrannical BS is by non compliance throughout the Country. Until this happens, nothing is going to change. For a very company that is bowing down to these tyrannical A-holes, I will never spend another dime with them ever.
View Quote

100%

The worst is a company that gets talked about here all the time. When you read their mission statement on their site, then try to order something, it really hits home how pathetic the gun community is and we have lost the war with the communists.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]

100%

The worst is a company that gets talked about here all the time. When you read their mission statement on their site, then try to order something, it really hits home how pathetic the gun community is and we have lost the war with the communists.
View Quote

PSA? Larue? Brownells?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

PSA? Larue? Brownells?
View All Quotes

100%

PSA? Larue? Brownells?

Palmetto

https://palmettostatearmory.com/about-psa.html
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#11]
PSA has shipped me items post 1240 that Brownells won't.

Since we can send item out for repair, what FFL's can I send my strip lower too and a wish list to build it out? Also, if FFL's are allowed to repair, why are they being banned from ordering parts too?
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I would like to know how one member can just keep shitting on Washington in the industry section to almost troll levels. It honestly is every thread. If a Washingtonian is asking a site sponsor why they wont ship parts not listed in 1240 he responds super aggressive.

@philinseattle

@migradog

I have not idea if those are still our mods just @ people at this point
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Pothole:
Also, if FFL's are allowed to repair, why are they being banned from ordering parts too?
View Quote

No individual part which was legal to possess, sell, purchase, import, etc prior to the signing of 1240 was banned in any way by the enactment of 1240 or can no longer be legally possessed, sold, purchased, imported, etc.

If by “banned,” you mean retailers are denying sales, then the answer is as stated throughout this thread. They’re cowards.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#14]
No individual part which was legal to possess, sell, purchase, import, etc prior to the signing of 1240 was banned in any way by the enactment of 1240 or can no longer be legally possessed, sold, purchased, imported, etc.
View Quote
Youre saying 1240 legally did nothing? Am I victim of a mandela effect? I seem to recall politicians (on our side) and very professional legit lawyers telling us 1240 banned the sale/buy of parts and guns on the bill.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:34:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thisismyusername] [#15]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Youre saying 1240 legally did nothing? Am I victim of a mandela effect? I seem to recall politicians (on our side) and very professional legit lawyers telling us 1240 banned the sale/buy of parts and guns on the bill.
View Quote

No, it criminalized the manufacture, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for sale of "assault weapons" by persons in the state of Washington.

A part is ONLY an "assault weapon" if the parts from which an "assault weapon" can be assembled are in the possession or under the control of the same person. No individual part is an "assault weapon" unless it's in the possession of someone who ALSO has the other parts necessary to assemble an "assault weapon." This is no different than possessing a complete AR15 rifle while also having a barrel under 16" by itself in a box in your closet. You technically have possession of an SBR, but that barrel by itself isn't an SBR and it is perfectly legal for any retailer to sell and ship you one. It is not illegal for you to purchase in this state, or import from out of state, any individual firearm part which was not already illegal prior to 1240's enactment. Such a sale would only make you in violation of 1240 if the shipment contained all parts necessary to assemble an "assault weapon," which would be illegal anyway since a serialized lower couldn't be shipped to you already. Once you receive said part, you would then be in possession of an "assault weapon" if you already had the other necessary parts from which one could be assembled, and possession is NOT criminalized. You didn't import one because the part wasn't an assault weapon until it was in your possession.

Furthermore, the criminal prohibition ONLY applies to people in Washington, not any out-of-state retailer.

It's not the Mandela effect, it's FUD propagated by the ignorant and incompetent.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#16]

If by "banned," you mean retailers are denying sales, then the answer is as stated throughout this thread. They're cowards.
View Quote

I really don't blame them.

Sections 4 and 5 of 1240 gives the AG the cover and a green light to pursue civil "consumer protection" action against anyone doing something he doesn't like, even when the ban is struck down on constitutional grounds, and he has very deep pockets to pay his lawyers.

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#17]
@thisismyusername

Trying to make sense of what you said. Can you apply that to a real world scenario?

My understanding is what you own before the ban went into effect is grandfathered.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GunnyG:
Sections 4 and 5 of 1240 gives the AG the cover and a green light to pursue civil "consumer protection" action against anyone doing something he doesn't like, even when the ban is struck down on constitutional grounds, and he has very deep pockets to pay his lawyers.
View All Quotes

PLCAA holds that no action may be brought in federal or state court against a firearms industry member/business/etc unless specific conditions are met. For the purposes of this discussion, the relevant condition would be BOTH a crime having been committed/harm as a direct result of the sale AND the retailer being negligent in the sale or otherwise knowing a crime would be committed as a result of the sale.

So yes, I do blame them. As should we all. They happily took our money while claiming to be proponents of freedom, yet now tell us to fuck off because they don't want to fight an obviously frivolous lawsuit which itself is plainly illegal for anyone, AG or not, to pursue, regardless of whatever some state's legislature may want.

Trying to make sense of what you said. Can you apply that to a real world scenario?

My understanding is what you own before the ban went into effect is grandfathered.

I just did explain real world scenarios. There is no concept or analogue to "grandfathering" in the law. Possession is not prohibited in any fashion, regardless of when it takes place. Only the specific actions I listed are prohibited, AND ONLY apply to people in Washington state AND ONLY towards objects which are defined as "assault weapons." Go read the law. It isn't very long.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 2:09:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#19]
Nevrmnd
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#20]

PLCAA holds that no action may be brought in federal or state court against a firearms industry member/business/etc unless specific conditions are met. For the purposes of this discussion, the relevant condition would be BOTH a crime having been committed/harm as a direct result of the sale AND the retailer being negligent in the sale or otherwise knowing a crime would be committed as a result of the sale.

So yes, I do blame them. As should we all. They happily took our money while claiming to be proponents of freedom, yet now tell us to fuck off because they don't want to fight an obviously frivolous lawsuit which itself is plainly illegal for anyone, AG or not, to pursue, regardless of whatever some state's legislature may want.

I just did explain real world scenarios. There is no concept or analogue to "grandfathering" in the law. Possession is not prohibited in any fashion, regardless of when it takes place. Only the specific actions I listed are prohibited, AND ONLY apply to people in Washington state AND ONLY towards objects which are defined as "assault weapons." Go read the law. It isn't very long.
View All Quotes

I'm trying to make sense of it too, I have been for most of the year.

Theoretically, lets say someone (not me!) has most of the individual parts in storage that they could technically put together many evil "assault weapons" even though they were intended as replacement parts. And also theoretically, lets say this same someone (not me!) is still buying all the parts they still can from the outside of the state parts venders that are still willing to sell some of the evil AW parts to Washington... Is this a violation of 1240 on the buyer's end?

From my reading of it it seems to be, but everything about how 1240 is written is deliberately confusing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]

. . .
View Quote

SB 5078's passage (effective July 23, 2023) undermined PLCAA, and while the industry might "beat the rap, they will still get the ride".

https://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-releases/ag-ferguson-gov-inslee-bill-hold-gun-industry-responsible-passes-legislature#:~:text=The%20Firearm%20Industry%20Responsibility%20%26%20Gun,out%20of%20the%20hands%20of

FBF doesn't need to win, when he can just litigate and outspend the defendant, to the point of bankruptcy or the defendant "voluntarily" ceasing sales or operations within WA.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Add Northwest Armory (in Oregon!) to the list.  They will not sell or ship a Colt revolver to WA: https://www.nwarmory.com/product/colt-python-357mag-3-6rd-sts

Even bordering communist states are giving WA the middle finger.  lol.  

Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By uberdog:
Add Northwest Armory (in Oregon!) to the list.  They will not sell or ship a Colt revolver to WA: https://www.nwarmory.com/product/colt-python-357mag-3-6rd-sts

Even bordering communist states are giving WA the middle finger.  lol.  

View Quote

Saw the same pistol for sale at Rainer Arms the other day. It was more than NW Armory though.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SHOOTER:
Saw the same pistol for sale at Rainer Arms the other day. It was more than NW Armory though.
View Quote

During the fake pandemic, Rainier was kicking people out for not wearing muzzles. Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#25]

During the fake pandemic, Rainier was kicking people out for not wearing muzzles. Fuck that place.
View Quote

Agreed.

Will never spend another dime in that place. Tried to buy a pistol grip for a bolt action rifle and they said no.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Cops66:

Agreed.

Will never spend another dime in that place. Tried to buy a pistol grip for a bolt action rifle and they said no.

View Quote

Like Larue.

Fuck Mark and his cronie policies.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

If only that was the worst offense they had committed
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Do tell.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Do tell.
View All Quotes

Do tell.

@Shokwav

Please elaborate.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#30]

@Shokwav

Please elaborate.
View All Quotes

Do tell.

@Shokwav

Please elaborate.

Probably this:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Rainier-Arms-settles-with-NYC-and-throws-customers-under-the-bus-/5-2601444/
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#31]

Fuuuuuuuck
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:42:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#32]
This is exactly why I educate myself (on gun laws, no matter how unconstitutional) and do things above board, even when a dealer is willing to look the other way, or interpret things the way they see it. Because as soon as the state or someone like turd furgeson comes in later and apply legal pressure, an FFL will cave and give names to save their own ass.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#33]
@thisismyusername
@NachoDip

The thread link above should cover it. About as shameful behavior as one could do……..sell out fellow gun owners to save your own ass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#34]
@thisismyusername
@NachoDip

The thread link above should cover it. About as shameful behavior as one could do……..sell out fellow gun owners to save your own ass.
View Quote

That sounds pretty bad, but if they were shipping things to NY which were illegal for people in NY to import or possess, and Rainier knew it was illegal, then I believe PLCAA would allow NY to bring civil action. This is in stark contrast to the situation in Washington now, in which retailers are refusing to ship things which are NOT illegal for persons in Washington to import or possess.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#35]

That sounds pretty bad, but if they were shipping things to NY which were illegal for people in NY to import or possess, and Rainier knew it was illegal, then I believe PLCAA would allow NY to bring civil action. This is in stark contrast to the situation in Washington now, in which retailers are refusing to ship things which are NOT illegal for persons in Washington to import or possess.
View Quote

They knew the game they were playing. When the man came knocking the data should have already been wiped like with a cloth. You either stand for freedom or you’re just a guy making money off those that do. Sometimes when you play dangerous games you get fucked. Honorable people accept that or even fight back. That pussy handed over the buyer info. He made the wrong choice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:31:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#36]
I sent email to a few places today to see what their policy was in regards to the Washington AWB.

G&R Tactical is a no go for anything AR parts related and they may have ceased all sales of anything.

Rock River Arms has ceased all sales of anything to Washington.

Windham Weaponry says not right now.

Titan Defense says they are temporarily suspending orders to Washington.

I also asked, LMT and Palmetto state Armory, but I've heard nothing back from them yet.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Brownells wouldn't ship a Magpul 10/22 stock, a SCT 19 Glock finished receiver or one of their Brownells 10/22 receivers. None of which are prohibited by 1240. I won't spend another cent with them. Bought all of it elsewhere with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#38]
CMMG

https://cmmg.com/shipping-policy

Additionally, if you order anything AR associated (including an A1 buttstock), they will charge your credit card the full amount, keep a 15% "restocking fee," then cancel the order.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Some friends tried to order Fix It Sticks from DVOR.  They wouldn't send them because they are branded, BRANDED, "for the AR-15."  They're TOOLs, and the fucking TOOLS at DVOR won't ship them to WA.....

https://www.dvor.com/fix-it-sticks-ar-15-tool-kit-with-soft-case.html
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I tried to buy an Aero Solus barrel vise from Armorally. They won’t sell a single thing to Washington. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 6:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thisismyusername] [#41]
Originally Posted By SlimeDog:
CMMG

https://cmmg.com/shipping-policy

Additionally, if you order anything AR associated (including an A1 buttstock), they will charge your credit card the full amount, keep a 15% "restocking fee," then cancel the order.
View Quote

Yeaaaahhh…. that’s called fraud. Unless it’s expressly explained and accepted by the customer prior to the sale. A little blurb somewhere which says, “We charge a 15% restocking fee on cancelled orders” wouldn’t cut it.

Whoever read 1240 and wrote that sentence in their shipping policy about it has an IQ under 90. Still makes my head hurt every time I read someone say AR parts are “banned” in WA.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 5:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#42]

I really don't blame them.

View Quote

used to have a waiver that still allowed Davidsons to send me so called banned items and it is perfectly legal n my 07/02, then Turd Ferguson filed a subpoena on Davidsons and hey fought it, but they saw the handwriting that he knew he wouldn’t win, and they knew they would when BUT, they realized this isn’t about winning, but about bankrupting a company. AG Turd Ferguson has unlimited (taxpayer) funds and will use them as he sees fits and his supporters are perfectly fine with his wasting Washatonions tax money on his personal pet lawsuits no matter if there is a rainbow at the end. I had a very informative and long conversation with their legal department, and they felt terrible about doing what they had to do. I completely get and understand why, Turd Ferguson needs to be stopped.

Not only does the Washington State political machine need over hauling but it needs to start with the governor, then AG office and the way we vote!
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Add Amazon to the list.

Tried to order a holster but they wont ship to Wa
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Centerfire systems will not ship any firearms to WA state. It was a shame i was looking at one of the mausers they got in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Add Amazon to the list.

Tried to order a holster but they wont ship to Wa
View Quote

That is off-the-charts stupid. Truly puts the ‘dick’ in ‘ridiculous’.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:37:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PACorps] [#46]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

Not only does the Washington State political machine need over hauling but it needs to start with the governor, then AG office and the way we vote!
View Quote

I have some hope that Reichert has a chance at governor. While he’s not ideal, if we end up with Turd as gov and Manka as AG, WA will plunge into a death spiral.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PACorps:

I have some hope that Reichert has a chance at governor. While he’s not ideal, if we end up with Turd as gov and Manka as AG, WA will plunge into a death spiral.
View Quote

I'm a CA refugee, got here via the military about 10 years ago before the extreme insanity. I hate to say it, but this state is already in the death spiral... the liberals that came from my former shit-show of a state have come here and stuffed 30 years of bad voting into less than 5 here. Between them coming and the conservatives smart enough/capable of leaving it's doomed. all we can do is brace for impact and hope it doesnt take 50 years to correct like in CA.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 9:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#48]
Today I was told by Fulton Armory that they won't be sending anything to WA.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#49]
might I suggest not sharing who is selling and shipping to us? pming maybe, but why make it easy for Turd Ferguson and his cronies to know who to target and threaten?
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
might I suggest not sharing who is selling and shipping to us? pming maybe, but why make it easy for Turd Ferguson and his cronies to know who to target and threaten?
View Quote

Indeed.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top